Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

7, 13, 19 gone. Voting against three.

Favorite Pop Culture References

1.  Lorelai teases Rory about her and Lane's 'Macarena' phase.  "You and Lane for hours and hours, for weeks on end." "Hey, we were mocking. You can't mock the mocking." (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

2.  Mia comes to town and Lorelai finds out Luke was a Trekkie.  "Geez! Don't sneak up on me like that." "Yeah, boy, I was lucky you had your phasers on stun, huh?"  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

3.  Luke picks Lorelai up for their first officially-back-together date.  She finds a Reggae Fever CD in his truck.  " ‘Ja Glory’ by Toots Bambada. ‘Lively up Yourself’ by the Family Zigzag, ‘Let your Ya be Ya’ by Ranking Roy. What else am I going to find in here? Ganja and a yellow, green and red knit cap?"  (Pulp Friction)

4.  Lorelai mentions that her entire morning has been a little Twilight Zone-y.  Luke goes on a rant about how no one ever references Outer Limits.  "Great show, just as eerie, same era, but no one ever references it." "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't speak geek." "Yep, stepped right in it."  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

5.  Lorelai is tired of Rory bugging her about wedding plans when she hasn't even decided if she's going to say 'Yes' to Max's proposal yet.  "You know how on All in the Family when Edith would be yapping about something and Archie would pretend to make a noose and hang himself or shoot himself in the head?" "Yeah?" "I don't know. Something about this moment just made me think of that."  (Sadie, Sadie)

6.  Lorelai isn't sure if she's dating Luke.  "But maybe he didn't mean it as a date thing. Maybe he just needed to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home, thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn,' he picked me."  (Raincoats & Recipes)

8.  Lorelai and Rory watch Grey Gardens.  "I like these women." "I love these women."  They realize they just need a few years and they could be the Edies.  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

9.  Rory and Lorelai watch The Brady Bunch Variety Hour.  "Who knew that they all had such musical talent?" "And such far out booty shaking abilities, as well."  Unfortunately, Rory's Harvard application arrives in the mail while they're watching.  "You don’t lose points for that, do you?"  (Application Anxiety)

10.  Rory finds a record for Lorelai while she's in NYC to see Jess.  "Go-go's. You must have that one." "No, for my mom. This was her favorite group when she was my age, and it's signed by Belinda. This would be the perfect graduation present. I've been looking for something all week long, and I couldn't find anything and now I have Belinda."  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

11.  Lorelai admits it's been a while since she had her gutters cleaned.  "Yeah, I found an ‘I like Ike’ bumper sticker up there."  (Lost & Found)

12.  Logan gives Rory a love rocket.  (Dirty!)  She searches around for the meaning for a while before finally realizing it's tied to an episode of The Twilight Zone.  "He spent 40 years alone in space just waiting to see her, and he was willing to come back as an 80-year-old man, giving up almost his entire life just to spend those last few years with her."  (The Long Morrow)

14.  Emily watches The Pursuit of Happyness with Lorelai and Rory.  "Mom has a thing for Will Smith." "I think that he's very charming."  (Gilmore Girls Only)

15.  Emily has to borrow Lorelai's tennis shoes to walk around Stars Hollow with Rory.  "What's up, Working Girl?" (Emily in Wonderland)

16.  Emily and Rory find Richard's sparkly vest while snooping around the pool house to find liquor.  "Our 'days' never included Richard dressing up like that gay fellow whose tiger tried to eat him."  (Pippi Virgin)

17.  Lorelai and Rory are going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show to celebrate Rory's PSAT scores.  Luke is welcome to come, and to wear fishnet stockings, a leather teddy, and platform boots.  "Oh hey, if by some chance you knock on the door but no one answers even though all the lights are on, I'll just meet you there." (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Kirk is manning the desk at Mailboxes, Etc.  He shows Lorelai the new Bewitched stamps.  "Did you practice the twitch?" "Oh, who didn't practice the twitch?!"  Luke reminds them he's trying to get divorced here.  (Afterboom)

20.  Lorelai and Chris argue over Metallica vs. The Offspring.  "The Offspring have like one chord compression. They use it over and over. They just popped on new words and called it a single and I don’t want to talk about this anymore!" (Christopher Returns)

21.  Gran has been renting out her house in Hartford.  "A rock and roll group of some sort. I believe they call themselves Korn....They were fine tenants. Took wonderful care of the place. They planted some lovely tulips in the front yard." (That'll Do, Pig)

22.  Rory is getting over a cold and forgets to tell Lorelai, who has to go to dinner with her parents alone.  "I'm mad and needy, and I ended up going out to dinner alone with my parents, who bickered the whole time about which Beatle is alive and which is dead." "So, where'd they land?" "John and Keith are dead. Paul and Bingo are still kicking."  (Scene in a Mall)

23.  Luke's is empty. The girls try to figure out the best place to sit. "Or we could sit in the corner - you know, the Mafia table so that no one can come up behind you and whack you with a cannoli." "Whack you with a cannoli? Oh, because he left the gun and took the cannoli." "You’re so my daughter."  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

24.  The band decides to go on the tour Mrs. Kim has arranged for them.  "Well, geez, Dorothy, if Tinman and Lion are going to go, I guess I have to go too."  (A House is Not a Home)

25.  Luke flirts with Lorelai, finally.  "Do it some more." "Your shoes work well with that...shirt." "Gee, Carson, thanks."  (Written in the Stars)

26.  Jackson shamelessly caters to his demographic while his family is in town for Thanksgiving.  "Wow, it's like Thunderdome in here."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

27.  Michel tries to pretend that he isn't desperate to come back to work for Lorelai and Sookie.  "You called me! You kept me on the phone for over an hour. I missed the beginning of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and by the time I got back, they were all gay."  (Chicken or Beef)

28.  Michel refuses to eat the blueberry pancakes unless there are only twelve blueberries.  "Swear. Raise your right hand and say, 'May Destiny's Child break up if I count these blueberries.' " "Pick another group."  "Nope."  "I hate you! Hate you!"  (Run Away, Little Boy)

29.  Emily stands her ground against Gran at dinner and refuses to let them move on to the next course even though it has been twelve minutes.  "That'll do, Pig, that'll do."  (That'll Do, Pig)

30.  Morey is upset that he and Babette are the first ones to arrive at the Bracebridge Dinner.  "Morey hates being the first anywhere. He thinks it hurts his street credibility." "Charlie Parker was late to everything." "Charlie Parker had more drugs in him than a Rite-Aid. Forget Charlie Parker."

5, 20, 25 gone. Still three.

1.  Lorelai teases Rory about her and Lane's 'Macarena' phase.  "You and Lane for hours and hours, for weeks on end." "Hey, we were mocking. You can't mock the mocking." (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

2.  Mia comes to town and Lorelai finds out Luke was a Trekkie.  "Geez! Don't sneak up on me like that." "Yeah, boy, I was lucky you had your phasers on stun, huh?"  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

3.  Luke picks Lorelai up for their first officially-back-together date.  She finds a Reggae Fever CD in his truck.  " ‘Ja Glory’ by Toots Bambada. ‘Lively up Yourself’ by the Family Zigzag, ‘Let your Ya be Ya’ by Ranking Roy. What else am I going to find in here? Ganja and a yellow, green and red knit cap?"  (Pulp Friction)

4.  Lorelai mentions that her entire morning has been a little Twilight Zone-y.  Luke goes on a rant about how no one ever references Outer Limits.  "Great show, just as eerie, same era, but no one ever references it." "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't speak geek." "Yep, stepped right in it."  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

6.  Lorelai isn't sure if she's dating Luke.  "But maybe he didn't mean it as a date thing. Maybe he just needed to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home, thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn,' he picked me."  (Raincoats & Recipes)

8.  Lorelai and Rory watch Grey Gardens.  "I like these women." "I love these women."  They realize they just need a few years and they could be the Edies.  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

9.  Rory and Lorelai watch The Brady Bunch Variety Hour.  "Who knew that they all had such musical talent?" "And such far out booty shaking abilities, as well."  Unfortunately, Rory's Harvard application arrives in the mail while they're watching.  "You don’t lose points for that, do you?"  (Application Anxiety)

10.  Rory finds a record for Lorelai while she's in NYC to see Jess.  "Go-go's. You must have that one." "No, for my mom. This was her favorite group when she was my age, and it's signed by Belinda. This would be the perfect graduation present. I've been looking for something all week long, and I couldn't find anything and now I have Belinda."  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

11.  Lorelai admits it's been a while since she had her gutters cleaned.  "Yeah, I found an ‘I like Ike’ bumper sticker up there."  (Lost & Found)

12.  Logan gives Rory a love rocket.  (Dirty!)  She searches around for the meaning for a while before finally realizing it's tied to an episode of The Twilight Zone.  "He spent 40 years alone in space just waiting to see her, and he was willing to come back as an 80-year-old man, giving up almost his entire life just to spend those last few years with her."  (The Long Morrow)

14.  Emily watches The Pursuit of Happyness with Lorelai and Rory.  "Mom has a thing for Will Smith." "I think that he's very charming."  (Gilmore Girls Only)

15.  Emily has to borrow Lorelai's tennis shoes to walk around Stars Hollow with Rory.  "What's up, Working Girl?" (Emily in Wonderland)

16.  Emily and Rory find Richard's sparkly vest while snooping around the pool house to find liquor.  "Our 'days' never included Richard dressing up like that gay fellow whose tiger tried to eat him."  (Pippi Virgin)

17.  Lorelai and Rory are going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show to celebrate Rory's PSAT scores.  Luke is welcome to come, and to wear fishnet stockings, a leather teddy, and platform boots.  "Oh hey, if by some chance you knock on the door but no one answers even though all the lights are on, I'll just meet you there." (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Kirk is manning the desk at Mailboxes, Etc.  He shows Lorelai the new Bewitched stamps.  "Did you practice the twitch?" "Oh, who didn't practice the twitch?!"  Luke reminds them he's trying to get divorced here.  (Afterboom)

21.  Gran has been renting out her house in Hartford.  "A rock and roll group of some sort. I believe they call themselves Korn....They were fine tenants. Took wonderful care of the place. They planted some lovely tulips in the front yard." (That'll Do, Pig)

22.  Rory is getting over a cold and forgets to tell Lorelai, who has to go to dinner with her parents alone.  "I'm mad and needy, and I ended up going out to dinner alone with my parents, who bickered the whole time about which Beatle is alive and which is dead." "So, where'd they land?" "John and Keith are dead. Paul and Bingo are still kicking."  (Scene in a Mall)

23.  Luke's is empty. The girls try to figure out the best place to sit. "Or we could sit in the corner - you know, the Mafia table so that no one can come up behind you and whack you with a cannoli." "Whack you with a cannoli? Oh, because he left the gun and took the cannoli." "You’re so my daughter."  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

24.  The band decides to go on the tour Mrs. Kim has arranged for them.  "Well, geez, Dorothy, if Tinman and Lion are going to go, I guess I have to go too."  (A House is Not a Home)

26.  Jackson shamelessly caters to his demographic while his family is in town for Thanksgiving.  "Wow, it's like Thunderdome in here."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

27.  Michel tries to pretend that he isn't desperate to come back to work for Lorelai and Sookie.  "You called me! You kept me on the phone for over an hour. I missed the beginning of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and by the time I got back, they were all gay."  (Chicken or Beef)

28.  Michel refuses to eat the blueberry pancakes unless there are only twelve blueberries.  "Swear. Raise your right hand and say, 'May Destiny's Child break up if I count these blueberries.' " "Pick another group."  "Nope."  "I hate you! Hate you!"  (Run Away, Little Boy)

29.  Emily stands her ground against Gran at dinner and refuses to let them move on to the next course even though it has been twelve minutes.  "That'll do, Pig, that'll do."  (That'll Do, Pig)

30.  Morey is upset that he and Babette are the first ones to arrive at the Bracebridge Dinner.  "Morey hates being the first anywhere. He thinks it hurts his street credibility." "Charlie Parker was late to everything." "Charlie Parker had more drugs in him than a Rite-Aid. Forget Charlie Parker."

6, 11, 26 out. Still three.

Too tired to play tie-breaker.  3, 9, 16, 27 out.  Voting against two now.

1, 15 out.  Voting against two.

30.  Morey is upset that he and Babette are the first ones to arrive at the Bracebridge Dinner.  "Morey hates being the first anywhere. He thinks it hurts his street credibility." "Charlie Parker was late to everything." "Charlie Parker had more drugs in him than a Rite-Aid. Forget Charlie Parker."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

18, 30 out. Still two.

12, 14 out. Still two.

4, 28 out! Last time we're voting against two.