Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Tonya50 said:

Thank you HowdeeDo for replying to my message, I was page 71 and was responding to the first night of Training Camp Jenna posted on Instagram.  I am new to the group and I  am not sure how to reply to post on a particular thread :(

That's alright! I'd suggest reading through all the pages first because likely your question will be answered as the comments can go back (date-wise) for some time. Welcome :)

No the photo I was talking about was posting on Instagram by Jenna and it was titled the First Night of Training Camp.  It was posted on page 71 or 72  I think and they are all dressed up.  I wonder how many of the girls are really close.  It is hard to believe they do not have cat fights 

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

The recent Vegas one was a weekend I see now, just hoping the Cabo one is a throwback because it'd ruin my #TeamKelsey campaign if she's out.

She is still in #TeamKelsey

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

The recent Vegas one was a weekend I see now, just hoping the Cabo one is a throwback because it'd ruin my #TeamKelsey campaign if she's out.

Thank Heavens!  I gasped at the thought of her being let go EVER!

9 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

guess this confirms more Jay segments this year. 

Time to make those GLUTES SALUTE!!

• Love 1

My predictions for group leaders;

1st                                 2nd 

Jinelle                           Holly

Jenna                           Robin

Erica                             Amy L.

Lacey                            KaShara or Bess

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

My predictions for group leaders;

1st                                 2nd 

Jinelle                           Holly

Jenna                           Robin

Erica                             Amy L.

Lacey                            KaShara or Bess

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Holly was group anything. But, I've been extremely surprised before lol. And not because of her dance skills.... 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Holly was group anything. But, I've been extremely surprised before lol. And not because of her dance skills.... 

I'm with you.  Love the girl but at least from her instagram postings, she seems to lack the maturity needed to be a leader -- at least as of now.  She is still so young after all!

• Love 5

I know Holly does a lot of choreography and private lessons for girls who are looking to get on dance teams, so I would definitely say she has leadership qualities.

32 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know Holly does a lot of choreography and private lessons for girls who are looking to get on dance teams, so I would definitely say she has leadership qualities.

Her leadership qualities and dance/choreo skills are not of concern to me.

• Love 1

Honestly I'd be surprised if she didn't get second. Girls straight up token by now. Her isntagrams annoy me too but that has nothing to do with her skills inside the studio or on the field. She's still young but has a lot going for her. Hoping for all of the same possibilities as well. So many choices for seconds and not enough spots. :( 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Honestly I'd be surprised if she didn't get second. Girls straight up token by now. Her isntagrams annoy me too but that has nothing to do with her skills inside the studio or on the field. She's still young but has a lot going for her. Hoping for all of the same possibilities as well. So many choices for seconds and not enough spots. :( 

My doubt has nothing to do with anything like her selfies or her being annoying. I think Holly is an *AMAZING* dancer.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Her leadership qualities and dance/choreo skills are not of concern to me.

Yep - I was expressing my opinion and why I think that unfortunately I wouldn't naturally peg her as a leader this year. 

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

Yep - I was expressing my opinion and why I think that unfortunately I wouldn't naturally peg her as a leader this year. 

uhhhmm....okaaayyy.....was just stating that that has nothing to do with my post.....

2 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I hope we get some spoilers this year. I was actually more interested in the show with the spoilers last year than what I am without spoilers 

me too... IM BORED!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I have no idea why, but when I read QuiteCalM's post this quote from Otter in Animal House popped into my head:  "Think back to when you were freshmen....I myself was so obnoxious the seniors beat me up once a week"

Youth: It's wasted on the young.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Well, don't leave us hanging...   what are your doubts???

Sticking my nose in to say I think she's referring to the Holly partying/fraternizing rumors. Not really mature decisions for leadership material, but that was months ago, so who knows if she had a Come To Jesus moment and gained some maturity.

Personally, I think she's more about herself than investing the time to mentor/lead others, and that doesn't make for a good leader. 

In the end, who knows? Does a second group leader with a really good first leader really do much administratively? I could see Holly as the demo person for her group.

• Love 5
On 6/13/2017 at 10:48 AM, AnnMichele said:

I guess this confirms more Jay segments this year. 

So, I can't be the only one that always pays attention to how they position the DCC in all photos, appearances etc. Of course I'm aware of the alternating blonde/brunette saga.  But this photo is prime example. IMO Robin should not be in the back of this. She has more seniority than all of them except Jinelle. However, I do understand Maggie being up front because she is the new cover girl...but how long does Robin have to live in the background.???

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, I can't be the only one that always pays attention to how they position the DCC in all photos, appearances etc. Of course I'm aware of the alternating blonde/brunette saga.  But this photo is prime example. IMO Robin should not be in the back of this. She has more seniority than all of them except Jinelle. However, I do understand Maggie being up front because she is the new cover girl...but how long does Robin have to live in the background.???

I really don't see how placement for a snippet of a fitness session matters. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I really don't see how placement for a snippet of a fitness session matters. 

Trust me I wont lose any sleep over it! This is just one example, I have noticed it several times and in other settings. There use to be a time that seniority mattered with DCC and one of the perks was placement. It's just an observation that I have noticed over the years. 

• Love 3
(edited)

http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-hands-awards-excellence/

"Lacey, Heather and Erica’s lyrical routines were stylish and elegant. This is an overused word, but they were “beautiful” in their grace and style.

Milan is only in her second season with the DCC and she’s already one of my favorites, but her lyrical routine this year was so outstanding, it really opened my eyes to her artistry on the dance floor.

Maggie, this year’s cover girl of the DCC Swimsuit Issue, knocked her solo routine out of the park. It was a brash, bold rock-n-roll number that wowed everybody.

KaShara is such a great dancer, we all love her. But this year she added a little extra brashness (in a good way) and really had fun with her routine. As she walked off the floor following her performance, Finglass joked that we’ll have to start calling her “KaSexy.”

As for Cersten, she had the honor of going last among the 83 contestants at DCC auditions. Hey, you know the old saying about “saving the best for last,” right? If you are a DCC veteran who is assigned the final spot, it’s akin to earning a badge of honor. It’s basically saying, “We know you’re great. Now end this session for us on a high note!” Well, let me tell you, with her upbeat, high energy, technically adroit and fierce performance, that’s exactly what Cersten accomplished.

The three rookie hopefuls who won awards were revelations. Brianna is a teenager from New Jersey, but her lyrical routine was so mature and elegant that the judges were looking at each other saying, ‘This girl is 18? Are you kidding me?” She was not overmatched by the veterans. Gina is a rookie hopeful from San Diego and she looked as if she’s been a DCC for years. Erin is a local girl (Fort Worth) who really turned heads with her wonderful solo."

Here are the highlights from the article about the Barbies.

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 4

DCC isn't Union. Seniority rules aren't set it stone, and they can place anyone anywhere they want, at any time. I'd like to see Robin get more attention, too, because she is the epitome of an "American Sweetheart" = she's beautiful, fit, approachable, very well-spoken, educated, attractive but not overtly, nasty sexy AKA family-friendly AKA likable to male, female and children who are fans. However, they can put anyone anywhere anytime they want to. There is no 'fair' in entertainment.

We like to learn about the girls individually and really get to know them, but it almost always looks to me like the DCB management sees them - and all but a small handful of their players - as commodities. They're there to be unnamed dancers who fit the brand, not personalities or individuals. For the cheerleaders anyway, who I truly think have a bigger female fan base for merchandise at least, this is where they're missing the mark. Female fans want to see the girls as girls, not just 'oh that's the blond one with a teaching degree, or even oh that's just another blond one. Let's put her next to a brunette for balance, like a potted plant arrangement.'

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Sticking my nose in to say I think she's referring to the Holly partying/fraternizing rumors. Not really mature decisions for leadership material, but that was months ago, so who knows if she had a Come To Jesus moment and gained some maturity.

Personally, I think she's more about herself than investing the time to mentor/lead others, and that doesn't make for a good leader. 

In the end, who knows? Does a second group leader with a really good first leader really do much administratively? I could see Holly as the demo person for her group.

I could not agree more.. I also IMO feel that she doesn't seem to have much respect given to her from her teammates. Just from things I've seen on social media, she jumps from friend to friend and seem to keep a set group of friends. I also think it says a lot that when Maddie took over a Michelle Keys class 8 to 10 or so DCC went to take her class, and same with Jennifer, as opposed to when Holly taught Maddie and Jenna were the only DCCs who went. Which like some of y'all said could just be since she's young and still seems to still be immature..

Like I said this is just my opinion and things I have noticed. I don't know her and am sure she's a nice girl in person and am by no means am I trying to take away from her dancing ability. None of us can take that away from her, the girl can dance no doubt!

• Love 8

Oh Razzle, sticking your nose in!!

Just generally, not to you specifically: I never, but never, but never take anything seriously when it comes from people who just show up to do someone dirty on this or any public forum (i.e. showing up out of nowhere to accuse DCCs of random stuff). 

I agree with everything you said, well put!

11 minutes ago, SSgirl971 said:

I could not agree more.. I also IMO feel that she doesn't seem to have much respect given to her from her teammates. Just from things I've seen on social media, she jumps from friend to friend and seem to keep a set group of friends. I also think it says a lot that when Maddie took over a Michelle Keys class 8 to 10 or so DCC went to take her class, and same with Jennifer, as opposed to when Holly taught Maddie and Jenna were the only DCCs who went. Which like some of y'all said could just be since she's young and still seems to still be immature..

Like I said this is just my opinion and things I have noticed. I don't know her and am sure she's a nice girl in person and am by no means am I trying to take away from her dancing ability. None of us can take that away from her, the girl can dance no doubt!

Yes!! Couldn't agree more!

• Love 3

3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I guess I'm not seeing these things at all - I think she'd be an outstanding leader, and I hope she gets the opportunity.  I look at Holly and I see a super sweet girl that is the first one to give other girls a hug when they need it, always has a positive attitude, and seems to go out of her way to be friends with everyone.  For some of the more questionable rumors (which I don't know anything about, and therefore have no real opinion on) I always kind of got the impression that she's maybe a bit lonely sometimes and if there have been mis-steps in her personal life it might be because she's trying very hard to fit in, which would make a lot of sense given that she comes from a very different place than most of the other girls have, and doesn't have the same kinds of connections they do.  Also, her effervescence might have been off-putting to girls who take themselves a bit seriously (again, more rumors that may or may not have any basis in fact).  To which I say (not to @RazzleberryPie or @QuiteCalM, but to anyone being mean to my girl):

Leave Holly alone.jpg

• Love 9
1 minute ago, raindancer said:

I guess I'm not seeing these things at all - I think she'd be an outstanding leader, and I hope she gets the opportunity.  I look at Holly and I see a super sweet girl that is the first one to give other girls a hug when they need it, always has a positive attitude, and seems to go out of her way to be friends with everyone.  For some of the more questionable rumors (which I don't know anything about, and therefore have no real opinion on) I always kind of got the impression that she's maybe a bit lonely sometimes and if there have been mis-steps in her personal life it might be because she's trying very hard to fit in, which would make a lot of sense given that she comes from a very different place than most of the other girls have, and doesn't have the same kinds of connections they do.  Also, her effervescence might have been off-putting to girls who take themselves a bit seriously (again, more rumors that may or may not have any basis in fact).  To which I say (not to @RazzleberryPie or @QuiteCalM, but to anyone being mean to my girl):

Leave Holly alone.jpg

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!

I LOVE her dancing, and her spirit. Like, obsessed. But I do, sadly, have criticisms. I don't want to, but I do. That said, I think she's SO YOUNG! I'd be a raving lunatic if I had that much public exposure at that age. Hell, I'm a raving lunatic now with NO public exposure! Ha! I hope she'll grow into her skin and, I'm still team Holly. Like I said, I never, ever base my opinions on so-called insiders who just show up to bash.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, raindancer said:

Leave Holly alone.jpg

I love her posts with her two puppies....soooo cute! Unconditional love:)

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

DCC isn't Union. Seniority rules aren't set it stone, and they can place anyone anywhere they want, at any time. I'd like to see Robin get more attention, too, because she is the epitome of an "American Sweetheart" = she's beautiful, fit, approachable, very well-spoken, educated, attractive but not overtly, nasty sexy AKA family-friendly AKA likable to male, female and children who are fans. However, they can put anyone anywhere anytime they want to. There is no 'fair' in entertainment.

We like to learn about the girls individually and really get to know them, but it almost always looks to me like the DCB management sees them - and all but a small handful of their players - as commodities. They're there to be unnamed dancers who fit the brand, not personalities or individuals. For the cheerleaders anyway, who I truly think have a bigger female fan base for merchandise at least, this is where they're missing the mark. Female fans want to see the girls as girls, not just 'oh that's the blond one with a teaching degree, or even oh that's just another blond one. Let's put her next to a brunette for balance, like a potted plant arrangement.'

Love this!! 

54 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-hands-awards-excellence/

"Lacey, Heather and Erica’s lyrical routines were stylish and elegant. This is an overused word, but they were “beautiful” in their grace and style.

Milan is only in her second season with the DCC and she’s already one of my favorites, but her lyrical routine this year was so outstanding, it really opened my eyes to her artistry on the dance floor.

Maggie, this year’s cover girl of the DCC Swimsuit Issue, knocked her solo routine out of the park. It was a brash, bold rock-n-roll number that wowed everybody.

KaShara is such a great dancer, we all love her. But this year she added a little extra brashness (in a good way) and really had fun with her routine. As she walked off the floor following her performance, Finglass joked that we’ll have to start calling her “KaSexy.”

As for Cersten, she had the honor of going last among the 83 contestants at DCC auditions. Hey, you know the old saying about “saving the best for last,” right? If you are a DCC veteran who is assigned the final spot, it’s akin to earning a badge of honor. It’s basically saying, “We know you’re great. Now end this session for us on a high note!” Well, let me tell you, with her upbeat, high energy, technically adroit and fierce performance, that’s exactly what Cersten accomplished.

The three rookie hopefuls who won awards were revelations. Brianna is a teenager from New Jersey, but her lyrical routine was so mature and elegant that the judges were looking at each other saying, ‘This girl is 18? Are you kidding me?” She was not overmatched by the veterans. Gina is a rookie hopeful from San Diego and she looked as if she’s been a DCC for years. Erin is a local girl (Fort Worth) who really turned heads with her wonderful solo."

Here are the highlights from the article about the Barbies.

Thanks for the insight. I'm jealous that you got to see the solos!!

5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!

I LOVE her dancing, and her spirit. Like, obsessed. But I do, sadly, have criticisms. I don't want to, but I do. That said, I think she's SO YOUNG! I'd be a raving lunatic if I had that much public exposure at that age. Hell, I'm a raving lunatic now with NO public exposure! Ha! I hope she'll grow into her skin and, I'm still team Holly. Like I said, I never, ever base my opinions on so-called insiders who just show up to bash.

And I love you!!!!  I'll have you know I tried a glass of chardonnay in your honor and I immediately got even loopier than I already am and had to take a nap (then again, even riesling takes me out if I'm bold enough to try it.  Also, I am so ridiculously glad to have you on the boards again.  I know you've been back for a minute but I hadn't told you how glad I was to see you again - your posts honestly make my day)!  Seriously agree with you on just being in awe of how she is able to handle herself the way she does and being as young as she is - as sad as I am about getting old and creaky I am ridiculously happy that social media was NOT a thing for me growing up, and that MySpace is no more and I will not have to justify to future employers my previous (and possibly continuing) love for Evanescence songs and (definitely continuing) obsession with unicorns (if you haven't seen The Last Unicorn yet, you HAVE to.  Drunk skeleton and conflicted scholarly butterfly aside, it's amazing and you'd love it).  #TeamHolly #TeamChardonnay

• Love 1

I love Holly too, she seems extremely confident in her own skin and I do wonder at times if other DCC are jealous of her talent.  Holly is AMAZING and if K&J are constantly praising her ability (I have no inside info ..just a thought) it may rub the other DCC the wrong way , which would cause some tension for her. To the poster who mentioned the fact that only a handful of DCC showed up to her class, I noticed that too. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, raindancer said:

And I love you!!!!  I'll have you know I tried a glass of chardonnay in your honor and I immediately got even loopier than I already am and had to take a nap (then again, even riesling takes me out if I'm bold enough to try it.  Also, I am so ridiculously glad to have you on the boards again.  I know you've been back for a minute but I hadn't told you how glad I was to see you again - your posts honestly make my day)!  Seriously agree with you on just being in awe of how she is able to handle herself the way she does and being as young as she is - as sad as I am about getting old and creaky I am ridiculously happy that social media was NOT a thing for me growing up, and that MySpace is no more and I will not have to justify to future employers my previous (and possibly continuing) love for Evanescence songs and (definitely continuing) obsession with unicorns (if you haven't seen The Last Unicorn yet, you HAVE to.  Drunk skeleton and conflicted scholarly butterfly aside, it's amazing and you'd love it).  #TeamHolly #TeamChardonnay

Ha! This is so funny. I agree. When I see all the stuff people put out there on social media, I just groan. The DCCs included. I just think it opens them up to so much. Look at the ones who really don't post much. like Jinelle. They sort of fly under the radar. Although there was some rumor about her being crabby at camp DCC. Who even knows if that's true...TOTALLY unverified. Anyway, it made me love her more HAHA! #TeamHolly #TeamChardonnay

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I love Holly too, she seems extremely confident in her own skin and I do wonder at times if other DCC are jealous of her talent.  Holly is AMAZING and if K&J are constantly praising her ability (I have no inside info ..just a thought) it may rub the other DCC the wrong way , which would cause some tension for her. To the poster who mentioned the fact that only a handful of DCC showed up to her class, I noticed that too. 

TOTALLY! I can see her being *MAJOR* competition to girls who are already competitive. Like, how do you even compete with that LOL!?

• Love 3

Lol I've always thought that she has the typical "grew up dancing and now I rock at it" sort of confidence that off puts a lot of people. I do however remember watching last season and she was the first one a lot of the girls ran up to for a hug once they were announced as TCC's. I've heard nothing but wonderful compliments about her from people who have attended her Michelle Keys classes and all of my personal experiences with her have been nothing short of me calling her the sweetest girl ever lol. She took the time out of her day to thank me personally for her birthday wish by directly messaging me on twitter. I can understand where everyone is coming from in their dislike, I just think it's because she's young that she doesn't know how to reign the confidence in yet and that makes a lot of people wary of her.

13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Love this!! 

Thanks for the insight. I'm jealous that you got to see the solos!!

The quote was from the article I gave the link for by Kristi Scales. I hope they show more of the solos this season. I would love a show just on that section alone. I wish I was there.

• Love 1
Just now, Rosiemac said:

The quote was from the article I gave the link for by Kristi Scales. I hope they show more of the solos this season. I would love a show just on that section alone. I wish I was there.

Oh...lololol!!! 

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lol I've always thought that she has the typical "grew up dancing and now I rock at it" sort of confidence that off puts a lot of people. I do however remember watching last season and she was the first one a lot of the girls ran up to for a hug once they were announced as TCC's. I've heard nothing but wonderful compliments about her from people who have attended her Michelle Keys classes and all of my personal experiences with her have been nothing short of me calling her the sweetest girl ever lol. She took the time out of her day to thank me personally for her birthday wish by directly messaging me on twitter. I can understand where everyone is coming from in their dislike, I just think it's because she's young that she doesn't know how to reign the confidence in yet and that makes a lot of people wary of her.

See, I haven't really heard anyone say they dislike her? That's certainly not what I'm saying. I mean, if people don't like her, that's cool, but I want to be very clear, having criticisms of her does not mean I am not a fan. In fact, it makes me a bigger fan, because I want to see her live up to her potential.

• Love 1
(edited)

Rosiemac your description of their solos was so vivid!!

Just now, QuiteCalM said:

See, I haven't really heard anyone say they dislike her? That's certainly not what I'm saying. I mean, if people don't like her, that's cool, but I want to be very clear, having criticisms of her does not mean I am not a fan. In fact, it makes me a bigger fan, because I want to see her live up to her potential.

Agreed! Also, IMO Holly nor any other DCC should have to "dummy" down their personalities to please anyone! Holly is who she is and good for her! I say be who you are and the hell with anyone who has a problem with it. She is not hurting anyone, she is just living her life. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Not you specifically, but I know some people on here dislike her because she's too showy.

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Rosiemac your description of their solos was so vivid!!

Agreed! Also, IMO Holly nor any other DCC should have to "dummy" down their personalities to please anyone! Holly is who she is and good for her! I say be who you are and the hell with anyone who has a problem with it. She is not hurting anyone, she is just living her life. 

Yep! I don't think anyone should dull their shine just because it threatens someone. People can either be inspired or threatened.

And people make mistakes, learning from them and growing is the name of the game. Let it make her better, not bitter!

Not you specifically, but I know some people on here dislike her because she's too showy.

Ah gotcha, yeah I've heard that sentiment as well I suppose.....

• Love 4

Is anyone else shocked that Holly did not go back to SYTYCD this season??? I AM!! There is no doubt in my mind that she would not have gone further in the competition...she is top 20 material to me!! I may just ask her that and see if she responds! 

I'm on Raylee's Twitter account. is she at a Mavs prep class?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

+1 THIS 

I adore Holly and think she could be an absolute rock star in every aspect of life. The fact that she is SO young and in the big leagues just makes me critical because I WANT so very badly for her to have the best of everything and not let immaturity (that comes from being, um, 19 lol) throw her off track.  

I agree that she is incredibly sweet to fans and goes out of her way to respond to everyone who tweets her, etc. And I really believe it's genuine. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know you aren't talking about me specifically, but I'm one who dislikes the showiness and those God-awful faces she's been known to make, but that's the thing...I dislike the showiness, not her.

• Love 4
Just now, ByTor said:

I know you aren't talking about me specifically, but I'm one who dislikes the showiness and those God-awful faces she's been known to make, but that's the thing...I dislike the showiness, not her.

Yeah, definitely not you. I wasn't really talking about avid posters, but some of the people who come on here at random times when we're discussing Holly and then say they hate her showboating.

Yeah, definitely not you. I wasn't really talking about avid posters, but some of the people who come on here at random times when we're discussing Holly and then say they hate her showboating.

giphy.gif

@ByTor I forgot that you're not a fan of that showiness. HA! I can see that. It's how I feel about Jenn. I just CAN'T.

• Love 1