Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I think holly wants to be a broadway dancer once she's done with dcc, but she's still in school so she's probably going to do dcc as long as she's in school.

49 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

maybe this should be in unpopular opinions but i freaking love Judy.  Honestly,I love the entire trifecta (K, J and C) but I really think Judy rocks. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to work two insanely long days full of arguing and back and forth, be hungry, exhausted and mentally DONE but still haveto hang around, do interviews, hug crying girls and try to defend choices you may not have wanted to make until dawn.  I know it's not like curing world hunger but still...NOPE. 

I agree!  I love the K, J, and C trifecta and Judy is my favourite!

• Love 5

. I highly doubt she stalked her, went to her university and managed to become her friend in a huge campus full of people. 

This would make an awesome lifetime movie.

Single White Cheerleader

• Love 14
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Wtf...why a picture of chris brown's concert to announce that you got into training camp? 

It's like a train wreck waiting to happen. I mean I'm no prude (far from it), but when you're applying for a job to be a role model, public figure, etc., you don't post about going to see Chris Brown. Not to mention the fact she said "wtf" and seemingly rolled out the red carpet for her new found fame. I have a feeling it's gonna be more like infamy. She needs a few minutes alone with Kitty... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I feel like Kelli asked Holly if she had any friends in texas and then suggested her and sam hang out, and from there the anderson's hanging out with her too

This could be it. There also may be some Girl Crushing (not anything romantic, don't get that one started) with Sam and Charlotte Jr, etc. being impressed by Holly and Allie.

3 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

. I highly doubt she stalked her, went to her university and managed to become her friend in a huge campus full of people. 

This would make an awesome lifetime movie.

Single White Cheerleader

I never said anyone stalked anyone. I think they probably are all friends now. I've just seen it 100x over in various competitive situations - dance, work, Jr. League, school, church, basically anywhere groups of people gather socially - some people seek out friendships that benefit them. I still think Holly is extremely talented, but also very driven and competitive, and she'll do what she needs to do strategically, maybe not hateful manipulative, but strategic, to get where she wants to be. Becoming besties with the bosses' daughters can't hurt her.

Jenna at point. *sigh* She deserves it. She can do it. I'm still over her. I still want Erica at point. I still think Holly will be there rotated with Jenna.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's going to be a long few weeks waiting for the first meeting.

I'm glad the new girls have a few weeks to get settled though.

Edited by Slate
  • Love 1

I'm feeling so sad about the alleged veteran cuts! (I'm saying alleged because I'm holding out hope for definitive proof that nullifies these awful rumors and my distress.) I know several folks predicted Allie being on the bubble, but I think she's very pretty, an incredible dancer, had gotten into solid shape with more defined abs and waistline, and had the makings of a long term vet and leader. Both Allie and Heather were great ambassadors and such engaging performers, and clearly they were loved by their team, which I think should count for a lot. The fact that they seem to have cut Allie, Heather H, and Raylee while keeping vets like Milan (whose face and body I've never thought were very DCC) and taking in candidates like Christina, who looks and acts and dances so mousy, UPSETS and shocks me. Blah Celinda over Heather?! Blech. I'm a Jessika fan, but I don't see the rationale for keeping her, with the same straight torso and lesser performance power and technique, over Allie or Heather. 

I know I'm going to be more pissed when the first episodes drop and I see the rookies who don't have a prayer of making it and think, you let those vets go to make room for these people?! I felt that way about that rookie candidate Carla several years ago, who wasn't even coordinated enough to do sexy hips (how basic can you be?) and posed for nudie pics for her skanky boyfriend. I got why they had let the vets who'd gained so much visible weight go, and I tend to agree with veteran cuts more often than not, but I kept thinking, what made this girl seem like a more viable or more appealing candidate than Megan Michelle? Um, nothing.  I didn't even care that much for Megan, but she clearly was a more talented and trained dancer and a decent rep for the DCC than hot-mess Carla. I feel way more strongly about Allie and Heather, and to a lesser degree, Raylee.  Gah! ?

I feel badly for Dayton (and Shelly), but will be rooting for her next year. I'm already Team Dayton, but I'm not yet sold on her bestie, Victoria K. Not that my opinion matters at all to these foolish judges. Which is another way in which they've erred, of course... 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

The first one is starting off on the wrong foot, "ready to party, Wtf I'm living my life, Yada, Yada,....." Does she not know she just entered boot camp.?

Uhm, I just scrolled through wtf's insta. There's no WAY she's dcc image. No freaking way. Party party party, doesn't dress or project herself in the wholesome girl next door image that they're always harping about in dcc land. I'm fantasizing about kitty's opinion. My completely uneducated opinion is that she'll be a drama girl for the chopping block. 

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3

What i dont get is if Heather isnt pretty enough to be a dcc then why did they use her pic to advertise tryouts. Now I adore her but if she is cut then I will hold reasonable doubt for her interview. Girl does have a blank look during a convo. But she is still so much better than "I have an excuse for everything" Christina.

• Love 2

Moving on.. my two cents:

- I watched Erica and Madeliene's solos, but I must say i prefered Madeliene's more. Erica's was technically very solid, and I love her, but Madeliene had that extra pop in her dancing.

- I love that Amy L stayed, but I think it was soo risky to do a full tap solo. Last year I think she did half tap/ half jazz, but doing full jazz was definitely a risk that she probably shouldn't do again.

- I hate that Raylee was cut! I loved her look, and thought her dancing was just fine. I remember getting a few comments the end of her first TC, but last year was fine so I thought she was safe for the rest of her time. It'll be interesting to see what actually got her cut, because I don't see anything obvious.

• Love 1

Are the solo clips all on Instagram? Or Twitter or Snapchat? I totally confess I'm a social media/Interwebs novice but I wasn't sure where all to look. Thanks for being patient with Granny VHS/mix tape here. 

Do we have a final list yet on who exactly made training camp? 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

Moving on.. my two cents:

- I watched Erica and Madeliene's solos, but I must say i prefered Madeliene's more. Erica's was technically very solid, and I love her, but Madeliene had that extra pop in her dancing.

- I love that Amy L stayed, but I think it was soo risky to do a full tap solo. Last year I think she did half tap/ half jazz, but doing full jazz was definitely a risk that she probably shouldn't do again.

- I hate that Raylee was cut! I loved her look, and thought her dancing was just fine. I remember getting a few comments the end of her first TC, but last year was fine so I thought she was safe for the rest of her time. It'll be interesting to see what actually got her cut, because I don't see anything obvious.

Erica's solo looked like a routine of recycled tricks she's done in previous auditions. I love her but she needs to change it up. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Erica's solo looked like a routine of recycled tricks she's done in previous auditions. I love her but she needs to change it up. 

Absolutely. I saw her flip split w/ head roll move and had to roll my eyes a bit

• Love 2

Shelly, glad she's feeling good about it now. I'm sure she was sad, but it'll be nice to audition with victoria next year.

3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She is good. It's just not her year. A decision was made late in the game to try out and she realizes what she needs to do and will do, to  make it next year. Some very kind words of encouragement were given to her shortly after announcements from someone she admires. She was told she is beautiful, talented and was just on the bubble. She told her to take this year and work on power. I agree! Grateful she made a point to find Dayton and talk to her, it may have stung a little more if she didn't heard these words. As her mom, I could not be more proud of her courage. She's grown up around this, but hasn't necessarily trained for it. Her commitment to dance fell into ballet and contemporary. We approached this entire experience with reality...80+ talented girls, some with a ton of experience and some with none. Each judge has opinions of what they like and it boils down to making this perfect team for this next season. I've lived the process for 28 years and I never try to figure out why. Although our excitement has been quieted for now, our family has a strong faith in knowing He has perfect timing. There is a plan for her. 

Next year will be her year!!

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Dlcmom said:

I'm interested in other people's opinions on this - my daughter has been a collegiate dancer and now an NFL cheerleader and wearing another city/team on her clothes if a HUGE no no. Like it was grounds for dismissal from her collegiate dance team - that was true for any athlete in the school and it covered all photos you or anyone else posted on social media or even if someone from the AD office saw you out and about. I was really shocked to see this costume choice but maybe it's not something Judy and Kelli would think twice about? I have a hard time imagining that though - both college and pro dance teams are basically a marketing tool first and foremost so marketing another team or city on your body just seems like something they'd care about. 

IMG_3583.PNG

I love this girl.  She is adorable!

(edited)
18 hours ago, Dlcmom said:

I'm interested in other people's opinions on this - my daughter has been a collegiate dancer and now an NFL cheerleader and wearing another city/team on her clothes if a HUGE no no. Like it was grounds for dismissal from her collegiate dance team - that was true for any athlete in the school and it covered all photos you or anyone else posted on social media or even if someone from the AD office saw you out and about. I was really shocked to see this costume choice but maybe it's not something Judy and Kelli would think twice about? I have a hard time imagining that though - both college and pro dance teams are basically a marketing tool first and foremost so marketing another team or city on your body just seems like something they'd care about. 

IMG_3583.PNG

It went with the theme of her solo. She also had a Cowboys Star on her back. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 3

Shelly, is the show going to be any different this year considering the 13 episodes?

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Shelly, is the show going to be any different this year considering the 13 episodes?

There is some different formatting that the fans will love! But I don't want to spill the tea...#sworntosecrecy

• Love 23
Just now, ShellyB said:

There is some different formatting that the fans will love! But I don't want to spill the tea...#sworntosecrecy

Aw that's okay, we can wait! Thanks anyways. Love your use of spill the tea lol

Poor Holly, her solo is definitely not going to be shown in any features about auditions.

If you don't see your post it's due to the content being hidden. Posters fighting among themselves will always get hidden. Calling each other out is a sure fire way to time outs on the boards.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Uhm, I just scrolled through wtf's insta. There's no WAY she's dcc image. No freaking way. Party party party, doesn't dress or project herself in the wholesome girl next door image that they're always harping about in dcc land. I'm fantasizing about kitty's opinion. My completely uneducated opinion is that she'll be a drama girl for the chopping block. 

YES YES YES, Everything you said. Dayton should be there not the woman beater groupie. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Alise's solo seemed so good! She is my girl crush! I wonder why she didn't make it... maybe because she still looks young but that never stopped them before.

Yeah she was one I was rooting for, maybe next year 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Article with video and photos. It says 45 were chosen for training camp this year.

Cersten4.jpg

Khalyn.jpg

Alex Yap2.jpg

Yuko4.jpg

Thanks for posting the article, SleepyJean! That's the most of the solos I've seen so far.

I wonder why only some of them got identified by name and hometown while others were not.

Only 45 made in to TC? Something is off then. If Raylee, Allie, and Heather did indeed get cut, that's 25 returning vets. I have a confirmed count of 21 rookie Candidates though???

19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Poor Holly, her solo is definitely not going to be shown in any features about auditions.

What was the deal with her solo? I missed her Instagram Live.  

Just now, AnnMichele said:

What was the deal with her solo? I missed her Instagram Live.  

She had a wardrobe malfunction, she didn't come right out and say it but she was joking about it with the girls.

Why aren't they showing Kelli's solo? Or at least a taste of it. (vet Kelli) 

Also, who was the Patriots Cheerleader who tried out and did she make it? 

I need a road map of names matched with faces ugh. 

Regarding kash's post, looks like it was for the cut girls cause allie and heather both commented on it

Gina made it! 

53 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She is good. It's just not her year. A decision was made late in the game to try out and she realizes what she needs to do and will do, to  make it next year. Some very kind words of encouragement were given to her shortly after announcements from someone she admires. She was told she is beautiful, talented and was just on the bubble. She told her to take this year and work on power. I agree! Grateful she made a point to find Dayton and talk to her, it may have stung a little more if she didn't heard these words. As her mom, I could not be more proud of her courage. She's grown up around this, but hasn't necessarily trained for it. Her commitment to dance fell into ballet and contemporary. We approached this entire experience with reality...80+ talented girls, some with a ton of experience and some with none. Each judge has opinions of what they like and it boils down to making this perfect team for this next season. I've lived the process for 28 years and I never try to figure out why. Although our excitement has been quieted for now, our family has a strong faith in knowing He has perfect timing. There is a plan for her. 

A class act right here⤴️this is the epitome of what makes the DCC World Class! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

RE: holly and allie. Allie apparently met Charlotte's daughter in college,before making dcc. I highly doubt she stalked her, went to her university and managed to become her friend in a huge campus full of people. And as for Holly, that girl is their no1 dancer. They would do anything to keep her around. She doesn't need to have strategic friendships to stay on the team and she sure as hell should and probably has higher aspirations than sticking around after retiring. Not that there is anything wrong with this and I'm rooting for JennK to stick around and move her way up within the organization, but Holly needs to try something different. And then she can totally come back to assist with choreography and whatever.

As for what Jenna said, I think it pretty much means she is getting point this year. Personally i think their decision was more like "we don't have many upper vets left and Jenna is the only one we could persuade to stay". But it's also strange that they waited for her to announce her retirement to try to persuade her to stay.

Agreed on both Holly and Jenna. I don't think there is anything underhanded about Holly and Allie being friends or Allie/Charlotte's daughter being friends - possible that they knew each other from dance competitions. That's not to say that Holly and Allie are above seeking out strategic friendships. I don't know them, and I'm not really in the "how dare they camp" even if they were strategic. While I don't think anyone should be fake, it never hurts to make friends with people who can help you down the road, no matter what industry you're in. 

As for Jenna, she is much younger than the other upper vets from last year, so with the amount of talent that they were losing, its not unbelievable at all to me that K&J would have prodded her to stay. The others were probably all ready to get on with their life, whereas I believe she is still one of the younger ones on the team. I also don't think the "retirement" was as big of a deal as some people (not you, just in general) have made it out to be. She made one comment in a social media. It's not like she called a press conference and announced that she was taking her talents somewhere else lol. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Angela had decided not to come back and then changed her mind her last season. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

Glad to hear this! She's gorgeous, and I'm sure through the process will help her next year. 

Anyone know if Briana Baisden (Titans dancer) made it? 

hey guys! long time lurker, first time poster :)

quick vent - i don't know dayton but it kinda annoys me that "it's not her year" but K/J are willing to take random risks on girls we know don't have a prayer of making the team (christina/other randoms). shelly and dayton sound as gracious as can be about the decision but i have a hard time believing dayton lacked power/whatever other performance quality (on the margin) relative to the other candidates. if she was cut to atone for perceived cassie sins (and i'm in the minority, as i actually quite like cassie), i don't think that's fair.

i know nepotism is wrong (i'm definitely not apart of any old boys club), but i can't help but find it strange that K/J could cut dayton and then continue the same seemingly close relationship with shelly? i hope this same standard is applied to sam if she ever decides to try out. after a few years of watching cassie stumble around tryouts we know it certainly wasn't applied to her!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

That is a great attitude! your daughter will do just fine! you both are class acts truly! I figure a lot of the current girls will leave opening a door a little wider than the narrow one this season! 

1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

Do we have confirmation that Kashara made it back?

Kashara made it back, but now I'm panicked because I don't remember seeing Amy L in the picture! Someone please tell me she is safe!  She went from the one of the most invisible girls to me to be a standout! 

1 minute ago, Josreason said:

That is a great attitude! your daughter will do just fine! you both are class acts truly! I figure a lot of the current girls will leave opening a door a little wider than the narrow one this season! 

Kashara made it back, but now I'm panicked because I don't remember seeing Amy L in the picture! Someone please tell me she is safe!  She went from the one of the most invisible girls to me to be a standout! 

Don't worry. She is in the itsdjej pic standing behind Maddie. Repeat, Amy L. is safe. 

• Love 5