Type keyword(s) to search

WDYTYA in the Media

I think 1/8 is about right percentage-wise to the US population for African American.

Thing is there are more Hispanics in the US but they are rarely featured on this show.  I think the only one was America Ferrera.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, maraleia said:

I'm really irritated that there is only one POC person on that list. Come on Dan and Lisa you can do better.

I think part of the reason may be that slavery is such a stumbling block or brick wall in doing genealogy for African-Americans. Check out "Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr" on PBS on Tuesdays at 8 ET. He usually does very good genealogy profiles of many African-Americans. A new season just started but you can find a lot of past episodes on YouTube.

23 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I think part of the reason may be that slavery is such a stumbling block or brick wall in doing genealogy for African-Americans. Check out "Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr" on PBS on Tuesdays at 8 ET. He usually does very good genealogy profiles of many African-Americans. A new season just started but you can find a lot of past episodes on YouTube.

In my area PBS is showing repeats of Season 3, which was last year, and I can't find anything online about a Season 4.  I do hope it comes back!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

In my area PBS is showing repeats of Season 3, which was last year, and I can't find anything online about a Season 4.  I do hope it comes back!

Sorry. I just realized I've been watching Season 3 repeats. Just happened to be an episode I didn't see. Thought it was a new season.

No new episodes here in the Bay Area on any of our six PBS stations. Most (Create excepted) are in Week 2 of yet another Pledge Break. The only national programming we've had was last Sunday night (Mercy Street and Victoria finales). Ugh...

"Who do you Think you Are?" is set to air a new season on December 3, 2018.  According to Wikipedia and other sites there will only be 4 episodes featuring Mandy Moore, Regina King, Josh Duhamel and Matthew Morrison.  Kind of underwhelming.  Last season had 6 episodes and the season before that had 8.

• Love 1