Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E00: Hall of Fame: CT

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

CT is the man keeping fans on their edge of their seat every time he competes. As he prepares to return to the series following a two-year absence, MTV looks back at his most unforgettable, and often controversial moments.

I am so glad to see CT is back.  I know he went to working behind the scenes with the show and coming on for quick one and down stuff, but I feared he was done for good with being a regular challenge contestant.  

I also am giggling to myself and just how annoyed Bananas must be that there is a whole episode highlighting CT and no Bananas is the KING of the Challenge World episode.  He's gotta be so gosh darn salty!!!

• Love 4

Yep, it is Challenge gold.  If I am not mistaken that was the first time CT was back in any way shape or form after the Adam incident.  I think that moment cemented that MTV would take the risk and have him back after that.....and he has been shown heavily since then.  

I do wonder now that they are teammates as winners...how CT and Banana BackPack will get along.  I also have a dime store psychology take that CT and Bananas don't hate each other nearly as much as they used to.  I think they put their grudge aside after Diem died because they recognized that she loved them both a heck of a lot....so they get along for her sake.  (However, I will take that back in two hot seconds...and say I never said it...after a few episodes of watching them interact in this season.  LOL).  

• Love 1

CT and Bananas do not hate each other outside the show at all. They get along fine.  Just they are both very competative and they have each one upped the other at times so they are often on opposite sides on the show but they could be considered friendly outside the show and have respect for each other for the most part.  I mean CT doesn't really have any real friends on the show but as far as cast members go, he gets along with him fine when not competing.

You know who I feel bad for? Davis. CT gave him a shiner before Inferno 3 kicked off, and that didn't get covered. Kinda wish we could have gotten a little more time to cover stuff we forgot about, both good and bad. Like the time he tried to roll Leah under the bus. Or that he did beat Brad in the final Duel, but he pulled the clip off, leading to his disqualification.

Damn, so many people in a half hour. Was not prepared to see friggin' Julie again. Or Dave Mirra. Or David Burns, whom CT knew growing up. I think Johnny has the record for more people competed with, but CT has to be in the top five.

Shane was lactose-intolerant? Poor bastard. Still funny, though.

ETA: I'm sure the Inferno memories will flood back once I start reposting my recaps. Also: How funny was it that BMP tried to sell CT and Tina as badasses? "CT has been kicked off two seasons before they started for legitimately hurting people. Tina is 90 percent mouth . . . but unlike Coral, she isn't as endearing. Also, she barely grazed Beth's fat face."

I wouldn't say CT and Bananas got along just fine outside of the show.   Bananas got himself all mixed up in the drama of CT's relationship with Diem....and even made smack talk about it on twitter, etc....and CT was not impressed.  

Now?  I think he's grown up and thinks it is all pretty petty.  

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, shelley1234 said:

I also am giggling to myself and just how annoyed Bananas must be that there is a whole episode highlighting CT and no Bananas is the KING of the Challenge World episode.  He's gotta be so gosh darn salty!!!

Unfortunately, Johnny's episode is next week.  At least we have the fact that CT got his first!

You know what I saw in the highlights that I totally forgot about? The "Be Miz" t-shirts. You think those are collector's items? I don't think Mike made a killing selling those, even though he was in a bunch of Challenges with those.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, Lantern7 said:

You know who I feel bad for? Davis. CT gave him a shiner before Inferno 3 kicked off, and that didn't get covered. Kinda wish we could have gotten a little more time to cover stuff we forgot about, both good and bad. Like the time he tried to roll Leah under the bus. Or that he did beat Brad in the final Duel, but he pulled the clip off, leading to his disqualification.

Damn, so many people in a half hour. Was not prepared to see friggin' Julie again. Or Dave Mirra. Or David Burns, whom CT knew growing up. I think Johnny has the record for more people competed with, but CT has to be in the top five.

Shane was lactose-intolerant? Poor bastard. Still funny, though.

ETA: I'm sure the Inferno memories will flood back once I start reposting my recaps. Also: How funny was it that BMP tried to sell CT and Tina as badasses? "CT has been kicked off two seasons before they started for legitimately hurting people. Tina is 90 percent mouth . . . but unlike Coral, she isn't as endearing. Also, she barely grazed Beth's fat face."

There was also the time during the Duel that he put Kenny in a headlock and Kenny turned purple and CT still wouldn't let go.  Everyone's screaming that Kenny is about 2 seconds away from losing consciousness and CT is still cranking away. 

Honestly think CT has displayed signs of uncontrollable rage long before the Adam incident. I get that he went through some tragedy in his personal life but he had multiple periods of unacceptable behavior; Adam was hardly an isolated incident. 

On the ETA- Tina's "slap" of Beth was just so pathetic. Beth was clearly not the least bit intimidated and Tina just came off looking so stupid. When Beth gets the better of you, it's time to rethink your life choices. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tatum said:

There was also the time during the Duel that he put Kenny in a headlock and Kenny turned purple and CT still wouldn't let go.  Everyone's screaming that Kenny is about 2 seconds away from losing consciousness and CT is still cranking away.

I honestly don't remember that far back. Was it in fun? I mean, the producers didn't have to get involved. Maybe that's why Kenny was an insufferable asshole! I mean, he was like that in Fresh Meat, and you can't blame that on him merely being Tina's partner, but maybe CT cutting off his oxygen did something to him. It shut off the part of the brain that says, "I should not call myself 'Mr. Beautiful,' even if I'm fucking with people about that."

• Love 1

From what I remember, it started off as a friendly wrestling match that went sour. I believe Kenny claimed later that he had gotten the better of CT earlier (think Kenny was a high school wrestler, so despite being like, 1/3 of CT's size, it's possible) and CT grabbed him around the neck in anger or embarrassment. Kenny was def purple though and the cast mates were yelling at him to let go. When CT lost his shit after losing to Brad via DQ, I was actually worried for Brad. 

Eta: googled "CT and Kenny fight" and I guess it was Inferno 3, not the Duel. I thought CT was kicked off immediately when filming started but that must be wrong. 

I forgot that Kenny gave CT a bloody nose. I think it was unintentional- they knocked heads or something. But CT was very "no one makes me bleed my own blood" about it.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2

Off topic:  I'm pretty sure Kenny the Rapist has always been an asshole.   

Back on topic:  I agree that CT has had a long line of anger and violence issues from when he was on his season to many seasons of the challenge.   I was initially shocked they ever had him back after the Adam incident.  I do think in the last 5 years or so....he's grown up, matured and it's much less of an issue.  

Agreed. The thought of CT giving an asshole irreversible brain damage is nice, though.

If you missed last week's special, MTV will be running it at 8, followed by a "Hall of Fame" profile of a guy who couldn't carry CT's jock, even though he's beaten him in two endgames and outdistanced him in Battle Of The Exes. Yes, I hate Johnny that much.

• Love 1