Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Episode 10

AmandaPanda
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Milburn Stone said:

I guess only one person in America thought this was a fantastic season finale, and that person is...me.

I especially appreciated that the "cliffhanger," if you can call it that, was not like the sensationalistic ones of seasons past, but was more character-based.

And speaking of character, by now it should be clear to everyone that Noah is the central character of The Affair. Even the other principal characters exist mainly as foils to Noah, to show his progressions and regressions. That was the intention from the beginning and has remained so. It's safe to say that if you don't want a show about Noah, The Affair isn't your show! (A conclusion I know many of you have reached.) For those who can accept that Noah is the center of the constellation that is The Affair, it remains IMO a fascinating show.

I'm another person who thought this was a great finale.

It'd been several weeks since I'd watched the ninth episode of the season, and maybe that break made the break in the storyline more palatable. Or maybe I just love anything set in Paris. Or anything with Dominic West. But I thought that the story was well-told and well-acted.

I'll be back for Season 4.

• Love 2

I’ll also be back for season 4. It’s partly because I have to see if the writers redeem the season 3 shitshow, and partly because I am committed to ogling JJ anytime he is on my screen. 

By the way, I was so disinterested in this season that I finally finished it...yesterday, nearly a year later. See what you did, writers?  I used to looked forward to the next episode. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing some true redemption for some or all of the characters. 

I will say this: While I am not OKing the cheating, the dysfunction, the lack of self-respect, the utter desperation, the lies,  etc ... I understand the pull re: Alison and Cole/ Helen to Noah. That said, the pull can be broken.  It is possible to free oneself of that level of dysfunction and to have healthy relationship(s). It takes work and it takes commitment, but it can be done. 

I'm not sure where I want the characters to go, but I can't help but want Alison and Cole to end up back together. Not as it is, but maybe in some future where they have grown and truly changed. I don't know...that may change, too. Perhaps I'm a bit blinded by my attraction to/long-running crush on JJ. :)

I hope Noah and Helen each find their own healthy happiness, too. 

I've never been one to need a happy ending, but I wouldn't mind it here. Can't  really say why. Guess I'm not sweating it too much, being a show I couldn't even finish until nearly a year later.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 2
On 1/30/2017 at 6:35 PM, chocolatine said:

You know, just as they were wheeling his body out of the room, I thought to myself, how are they going to get it into a Parisian elevator? And then when I actually saw how, I wished I hadn't asked.

Pivot!  Pivot!  PIVOT!

Did anyone else find it peculiar that Gunther, a prison guard, was smoking Gauloises cigarettes a couple episodes ago, and then Noah is in Paris?   Can't be coincidence.

Edited by millennium