Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Charlie Theory / S01.E06: What Really Happened

Whether O.J. Simpson committed the crime with help from another person. Also: a new potential eyewitness comes forward. Included: remarks from Kato Kaelin.

In the finale, a possible eyewitness takes a polygraph test; DNA results from a potential murder weapon are revealed; and the team shares its conclusions on what they think happened.

I'm embarassed for these guys.  I guess there are some folks willing to do anything tomget on television.  Martin Sheen has obviously lost his mind.  Maybe "Charlie" is actually Charlie Sheen and Martin is trying to obfuscate his involvement.  Maybe CS's bizzare behavior is actually a result of his guilty conscience.  It's possible, right?  Hey, my theory is as credible as theirs.  LOL

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

So I take it I shouldn't drop back in for the polygraph.

Only if you want a lesson on how to extremely self consciously beat a polygraph

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:
10 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Shouldn't longtime law-enforcement types have a better handle on what constitutes 'proof'?

View the full article

Well, shit, Sarah - I watched this all for YOU!  :-(

Lemme fill you in on what you missed :  Mindnumbing fuckery ensued.

I'm still mad at myself for watching. So many points of aggravation I can't even remember them all. One minute Beard is insisting Nicole's watch stopped when she got killed at 9:59 and the next he is depending on an 'eye witness' who is in accord with the original timeline. What a hot mess.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Beadie said:
2 hours ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

So I take it I shouldn't drop back in for the polygraph.

Only if you want a lesson on how to extremely self consciously beat a polygraph

OMG! YES! Watch the polygraph! The PI wrote out a statement and read it in a robotic manner and the polygraph guy of course was all, "PASSED!" Frankly, *I* could have read that statement and passed that test. Bonus points for the PI nitwit who waited 20+ years to tell his story ... 

Derp-Faced Boy: THIS COULD BE A GAME CHANGER! 

...because he was afraid of never getting work again. Right? Who would want to hire a private investigator who just solved the biggest crime of the 90s? Also randomly hysterical was his claim that he knew it was Jason who got into the driver's seat when OJ went into the alley because he later saw Jason on TV after the Bronco chase. Ummm...we never really saw a good close up of Jason from the helicopter's perspective so I'm not sure how he could have identified him from that. (Well, you know, he didn't because none of that shit ever happened.) OH! And I loved their probing of this guy's credentials when they asked him if he was taking psychiatric medications or has ever been confined in a mental hospital. Oh, you haven't? Credible enough for us! 

Another howler: when Bill Dear (near the end) was sitting around with Crockett and Tubbs, went into full-blown Old Man Yelling at the Sky mode when he accused them all of just speculating something. Oh, the irony ... it is rich in that one.

Then Lavaasoureoaiure (whatever) decides why the time card "isn't sitting right with him" by suggesting -- absent any evidence -- that it was a double-sided time card because the employees were on bi-weekly pay and Jason just copied down what was on the reverse of the time card instead of ... making a double-sided copy? I've no fucking idea. 

This show should go down in history alongside Geraldo and Al Capone's vault, the alien autopsy, and the documentary about how the first moon landing was "faked." 

45 minutes ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

I'm so sorry, you guys. I swear to god the bullshittishness didn't ramp up to these fatal levels until the second hour.

No apologies necessary here, Sarah.  I get a perverse sense of satisfaction from  hate-watching the truly delusiional chucklefuckery with  absolutely no sense of guilt.  Gets out some of my latent aggression, apparently (as if I needed another excuse to shout obscenities at my teevee).  :-)

• Love 1

Since I put a lot of Investigation Discovery on in the background on many nights anyway, this really didn't change my usual evening too much for me, although even I had to stop on occasion and say out loud at the TV, "Did he really just say THAT?" Because there was a hell of a lot of that going on in this show.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

So you're also DVRing that foolishness about Bundy on Reelz rn? Cool cool.

I don't know about walnutqueen, but ... thanks for the tip! 

Oh my word, so much stuff thrown at the wall to see what sticks!  They did so much switching back and forth between Dear's theory and their own "possible second person" theory that they really managed to tell neither story very well.  I get that they didn't want to disappoint Dear in, say, episode 2 by telling him his theory didn't hold water, but they really lose credibility for me when they insist that OJ and Jason had a "dark relationship" based on...oh wait, they never did explain how that might possibly be.  Jason's writings seem to suggest an absent father that he wanted a closer relationship with but never had.  They trot out that hearsay from Cora about Nicole saying she saw somebody she thought might be Jason out her window once and just leap straight from that to OJ putting Jason up to spying on her.  

That PI who claimed that "Jason" was in the Bronco with OJ that night would have, by his own account, only seen Jason in the Bronco from behind jumping from the passenger's seat to the driver's seat.  Somehow that was enough to say that the random person he saw screaming at the Bronco from an overhead helicopter shot days later after the chase was the same person?  

I did agree with Derrick's theory of the timecard, so I have to give him that.  His explanation made sense to me with the A side and B side, going Monday to Sunday, etc.  I have to give him credit for that part.

Their second person theory seems to be based on 1) the fact that Jill Shivley said she didn't physically enter the Bronco herself and see only one person in it, 2) the PI who said there were two people in the Bronco, 3) a car we have no real info about possibly in OJ's driveway (a car in LA, who has one of those??), and 4) a vanity project written by OJ where he simultaneously confesses and tries to distance himself from the murder.  It's just not holding up for me.  There are plenty of reasons why another car could have been parked in the Rockingham driveway, for one.  And then Derrick has some convoluted theory where OJ has somebody else drive him away from the crime scene, drops that person off, and then drive himself the rest of the way home (and closes the driver's door by the handle, but I guess that's possible).  So the tight timeline becomes even tighter because OJ has to drop somebody off?  Isn't it a simpler explanation that OJ opens the passenger side door to throw bloody clothes/a knife in and then drives himself home alone?  

• Love 2

Oh boy, this show... 

I found it hilarious. They obviously scripted the whole thing through. I doubt they went to Mel's Diner for a few nights to film bits. They went there one night to film bits for all episodes. Same with the Bronco in the Garage. It's unlikely they got this set up and running twice. 

Their whole "let's try out the drive from the restaurant to the girlfriend to Bundy" in broad daylight was such a time-waste. Of course they wouldn't have been able to recreate it. It's frickin LA (22 years later nonetheless). 

I thought the timecard explanation seemed plausible. It's funny how they kept on saying "new evidence". Like, no, there's not really anything new here. 

• Love 4

Please don't judge me, but I have to admit that I spent my Saturday afternoon and evening watching all six episodes of this series. 

I actually thought it was interesting especially because of the interviews that they had with Detective Vannater, Tanya Brown, Fred Goldman, and Kato Kaelin.

From the beginning, I thought that the "Jason Simpson theory did it" theory was ridiculous. The guy had serious internal issues growing up that made him lash out on other people, but based on the relationship he had with his father or lack thereof, I think he would've killed OJ first before ever laying a hand on Nicole, let alone be his accomplice in the murders. I don't think OJ would've ever gone to the lengths of covering up for his son and going through trial because it's obvious he didn't care about him.

In the end, this show didn't really uncover anything new for me so I still believe that OJ did commit the murders and he acted alone.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Steph619 said:

Please don't judge me, but I have to admit that I spent my Saturday afternoon and evening watching all six episodes of this series. 

I actually thought it was interesting especially because of the interviews that they had with Detective Vannater, Tanya Brown, Fred Goldman, and Kato Kaelin.

From the beginning, I thought that the "Jason Simpson theory did it" theory was ridiculous. The guy had serious internal issues growing up that made him lash out on other people, but based on the relationship he had with his father or lack thereof, I think he would've killed OJ first before ever laying a hand on Nicole, let alone be his accomplice in the murders. I don't think OJ would've ever gone to the lengths of covering up for his son and going through trial because it's obvious he didn't care about him.

In the end, this show didn't really uncover anything new for me so I still believe that OJ did commit the murders and he acted alone.

We might be Judgey McJudgersons about anyone & anything we watch, but we won't turn that snark on each other.  I, for one have wasted far more than a mere 6 hours on a Saturday afternoon on TV much worse than this.  (The argument could be made that I've wasted most of my life, but that's another matter),   ;-)

I agree with your assessment.  The only thing this proved is that Mr. Dear is obsessed to the point of delusion.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

We might be Judgey McJudgersons about anyone & anything we watch, but we won't turn that snark on each other.  I, for one have wasted far more than a mere 6 hours on a Saturday afternoon on TV much worse than this.  (The argument could be made that I've wasted most of my life, but that's another matter),   ;-)

I agree with your assessment.  The only thing this proved is that Mr. Dear is obsessed to the point of delusion.

Thanks walnutqueen :)

Yes, it seems to me too that Mr. Dear is obsessed with Jason Simpson being the murderer when the evidence points otherwise. I don't think he will ever really stand by his word to apologize to him for accusing him because he's still convinced he did it.

• Love 3

I actually sat and watched this mess of a show over the weekend.  The only thing I can take from it is when the cop came on the screen, I knew I had seen him somewhere before.  He won Big Brother and couple of seasons ago. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, rwgrab said:

I did agree with Derrick's theory of the timecard, so I have to give him that.  His explanation made sense to me with the A side and B side, going Monday to Sunday, etc.  I have to give him credit for that part.

snipped by me

I too give him credit for wondering about the time card and his explanation did make sense.  But didn't he have 5 minutes to try to find someone that worked there back in the 90s to ask if they had double sided time cards?  I was literally yelling that at the tv.  So frustrating!  Following up on that would have proved that Jason had an alibi and Bill Dear would have to find some other way (like say a coworker punched him out) to 'prove' Jason did it because he doesn't seem to be letting that theory go.  Enjoy your grand jury, Bill!

I did like that Derek and Kris ended up telling him they didn't think it was Jason.  I really thought this would end up w/everyone accusing Jason.  They were very respectful of Bill.  Bill was just ok, because a couple of times, it seemed like Bill was having to control himself at their thoughts of not believing his theory. 

I'm still on OJ did it alone.  I didn't see anything that changed my mind, even if all three of them think someone else was involved.

• Love 3