Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E00: Slingshot

• Start Topic

Fun episode it played like an A plot without the b plot and less set up for the future MCU business that the main show has as part of their agenda.

I guess it is a test to replace the One Shots when Agents of SHIELD goes off of the air. However with The Inhumans getting an 8 episode tryout which seems to leave 2/3rds of ABC's schedule empty I still hope for a fifth season. But I bet the plan is to expand The Inhumans if it hits, since the characters start off in the IMAX world rights issues make it easier for them to go to the main MCU movies than the AoS characters aside from Coulson.

That was interesting. It was nice to see the backstory of how YoYo was in contact with Daisy. I like that May let her go on her revenge mission. I do wonder why they didn't notice that she was taken to Batamore instead of LA. Unless May changed records for where to drop her off as well as where the plane was going. Anyhow, good watch :)

I saw this last night and it was alright. It didn't really shed any new light on Yo-Yo's (and Slingshot is a much better name for her than Yo-Yo, btw) character nor on anyone else character. It felt like this was more filler than anything else (and it was probably just used as filler for the break). That being said, how did Daisy and Yo-Yo were able to wipe out Mace's computer without Mace knowing and I still like Mace. It's like everything they try to make him unlikable, he just is more likable because I can relate to speaking to none native speakers with idioms. It happens, native speakers will slip up, it's not a sign of disrespect but just a slip up that is more on how English speakers would talk to other native English speakers. 

- As with the ending, well, no wonder Mace doesn't trust them. They keep on lying and going behind his back. 

- Mace's security clearance level is platinum? WTH, how does that fit into his "rainbow" of security clearance? 

- Of course, Fitz wants to cram an 80 Inch TV (nicknamed, Bridgett) into his tiny dorm on base and of course Simmons hates it. But then again why isn't he happy about the prospect of moving into a bigger place with Simmons? He seemed like he was pissed with Yo-Yo for suggested that idea to Simmons. Part of me now wants that TV to fall on Fitz for being kind of a dick to Yo-Yo. 

- The 0-8-4 from Season 1 finally makes an appearance and it ended up in Baltimore. 

- The Stan Lee cameo was weird but it was nice to see that Coulson would keep a picture of him, as part of his personal items. 

- The Peggy's pin was more of the twisting of the knife for me. Thanks, show for doing that, when you are off the air, I will remember how you just keep on twisting the knife that Agent Carter was canceled and this show got a 4th Season. 

Edited by TVSpectator
2 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

- The Peggy's pin was more of the twisting of the knife for me. Thanks, show for doing that, when you are off the air, I will remember how you just keep on twisting the knife that Agent Carter was canceled and this show got a 4th Season. 

This.  Times 10.  Even more so now that ABC cancelled that awful show that Haley Atwell starred in.  Bring back Agent Carter!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This.  Times 10.  Even more so now that ABC cancelled that awful show that Haley Atwell starred in.  Bring back Agent Carter!

Wasn't it reported that if AoS got canceled and Agent Carter got renewed the showrunners will help finish their storyline and vice verse? So, why are they just twisting the knife at us like this? Is it gloating or what is going on with them just bringing up Agent Carter like this- and I haven't yet seen them finishing up the Agent Carter loose ends (then again, this show has a lot of loose ends of its own and it's looking like it might not get a 5th Season to wrap up their own loose ends)?

Edited by TVSpectator

From @dwmarch:

This is a thread for the web series slingshot, which I am calling episode zero of season four because it's set just before the season opener. Although the series focuses on Yo Yo, almost everyone makes an appearance including Coulson, Mace, Daisy, Fitz and Simmons, Mack and May. So essentially it's an AoS episode, although shorter than a standard one.

The official page is here:

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield-slingshot

However, that link only works in the US.

Marvel was kind enough to put it up on YouTube so everyone else can watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLK5HARgNfgj8kpKTs4Dt3JvOS1SPw3UJy&v=2lzMLoY4aHE

Of course with only six episodes clocking in at three to six minutes apiece, it's a good thing the focus is on the fastest member of the team. However, there's still a lot packed in there. We get to see more of Mace as the obsequious bureaucrat as he tries his best high school Spanish on Yo Yo. There are hints at Yo Yo's feelings for Mack and we get to see how Fitz and Simmons ended up apartment hunting. Agent May is in fine form, quickly figuring out what is going on but making the right choice. And I'm pretty sure the weapon stolen was the same one used to blow up Deathlok 2.0.

Overall, the production values seem to be exactly the same as on the show although the last fight scene was shot in the dark. Still, we get epic shots of aircraft taking off and Daisy ragdolling mooks. Trust the Whedons to be able to squeeze out an extra episode just because they felt like it was a story that was worth telling. I wonder if they'll tie this into the show later.

(Note for mods, I couldn't format the topic as an episode because the software doesn't allow for episode zero. And I'm not sure if this is because of recent upgrades but there also does not seem to be an obvious way to get ahold of the mods aside from reporting a post.)

• Love 1

I was expecting that it would be somewhere. ABC is taking baby steps in comparison to CBS with their web series who expect you to pay for Star Trek and The Good Wife spinoff. I was surprised when Slingshot turned up on YouTube in the first place when it was advertised as being the ABC app. So thank you for the Christmas present from the MCU.