Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Stanks And Anne

Tara Ariano

22 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Anyone have a link to the show today, Hoarders: Overload? Or can we discuss it here?

They've started a new thread for it.

My Directv shows it next appearing January 1 10pm EST and again Jan 2 very early morning.  That may not be last night's ep (which I missed)

On 12/24/2016 at 3:44 AM, Mrsjumbo said:

They should have held a yard sale for Ann's candles & lotions & purses. Nothing was getting through to her- maybe tallying up an estimate of what she had spent on all of it? I do love my b & bw hand soaps but I limit myself to 6 & use them in 3 bathrooms. I don't buy more until they are gone. I thought their solution of giving her X amount of space for her candles & lotions was smart- till she tested him & he backed down.

Seriously, the only hoarder yard sale I would attend and actually buy things at would be Ann's. I was crying looking at all those bath and body works lotions, soaps and candles. They all looked pretty pristine too. What a waste! 

• Love 3

OMG, yes. Anne IS a basic bitch. She spends tens of thousands of dollars on mall-brand body lotions and candles and glitter eye shadow but is still running around with a hairstyle most frequently worn by women in Fundamentalist cults. You do you, I guess. 

She is a horrible garbage human and I can't believe I actually watched her episode again. 

I don't know why this particular show was called "Overload" because there wasn't anything new added. 

I really got the sense that he can't leave her because he doesn't want to be saddled with half of her debt. From the way she described running up her credit cards and then paying them off made me think she may have convinced him to roll that debt into the mortgage to pay off the cards. Except she's now run them up again. If that is the case, they may be underwater on their townhome and in divorcing her, he may be obligated to pay out a ton of money just to get his name off the documents. Combine that with having to find his own new housing and it may be this side of impossible to leave her.

Just once, I'd like to see Matt just tell them off and then THROW the infested stuff away without letting them be all touchy feely about it. "Nope, when mice and rats shit on it, it goes in the garbage, no debates."

• Love 4

I noticed that her poor husband had his own room, with a single bed, they are not long for this world in that marriage. Oh she was a fat nasty beast....thinks more of her 1000 bottles of cheap mall lotions and jells than her husband's health. And, what was with the 500 empty prescription bottles in the bathroom. He can't throw out empty bottles, somebody else has got a hoarder problem as well? Well, at least they got some of the Christmas stuff finally put up. I really felt sorry for that man. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I'm angry all over again watching this episode with that sociopath who doesn't care about her husband.

I just came in at the end of this episode this time, and felt the same way.
And at the end, felt the same hopelessness for her husband.  I really want to see an update on this one.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Ditto, he kinda reminded me of Hillary Swank's ex-husband. (see we have forgotten his name, but he is Rob Lowe's brother). Poor guy.....

Chad Lowe.

And yes, I sensed some hoarder tendencies with her husband as well.  And when you have a tendency yourself, it tends to magnify it in others as well.  Been there, done that.  My mom has hoarder tendencies (I did at one time, but this show helped cure me of that) and any time she thinks I'm accumulating too much, she feels free to lecture, but won't look in her own house. Then she wants to give me stuff.......

• Love 1
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Then she wants to give me stuff.......

Oh you poor thing.  Stuff you'll have to keep in case the, "Where did you put the birdsong clock?" question comes up.

Anne prompted me to winnow the bathroom today.  I decided I rarely use the hand mirror on the counter and now just have the matching liquid soap dispenser and toothbrush holder on either side of the sink.  I'm in constant competition with my minimalist husband and he only has two things around his sink.  I then threw out the two useless candles that had been sitting on the edge of the  tub  forever.

I really, really want diabetic man to pack his stuff, take some pictures of the house, and move out some day while she' shopping.  Even the tiniest apartment would be so much better for him.  A good divorce lawyer should be able to get him out of her debt.  Do it before an innocent child enters her world and needs  a thousand scratchy little outfits and no actual care.

• Love 2