Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Girl Talk

Bort

I love that they got most of the band back together. I remember loving Girl Talk; it's one of the few episodes I remember very well, even after not seeing it for over a decade. I enjoyed seeing Gia again, and I love that they sang their one song cover. 

So, I changed my mind about Popko. He's an awful little kid for posting that video. What a bully, all because Ramona rejected him. I'm sad that Ramona/Lola thought that it was Jackson. I am glad Jackson got him back, though. And I guess Lola/Jackson are becoming a thing. Ok. I do love that Jackson and Ramona are such siblings.

So, Fernando planted store bought vegetables to help Max feel better? I guess that was kind of cute.

• Love 2

Gia! I was so glad to see her! And glad that she had just as much attitude as ever, it was fun to see how some things never change, like how much she and DJ hate each others' guts. 

I had totally forgotten about this Girl Talk band of Stephanie's with Kimmy on keyboards. But once I saw the flashback, it all came screaming back into my brain. 

• Love 3

I dont remember DJ and Gia fisliking each other so much on the original series.  I recall it was Michelle that had an issue with Gia...a kimmy/stephanie redux.

However, both DJ and Gia threw some nice shade at one another :)

• Love 1

Gia! In the original show DJ and Gia never really interacted, it was more Gia was patronizing to Michelle who activity hated her guts. GirkTalk was the best. Last we saw of Gia was when she took a ride with those guys and ended up in the hospital in the original.

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Gia! In the original show DJ and Gia never really interacted, it was more Gia was patronizing to Michelle who activity hated her guts. GirkTalk was the best. Last we saw of Gia was when she took a ride with those guys and ended up in the hospital in the original.

I figured that DJ developed an attitude about Gia after Stephanie's nearly got into the car with the guys.  I imagined as a girl who lost her mother to a car accident, she was pretty pissed at Gia and never really got over it, especially since it looks like Gia didn't become a reformed chick after her brush with death.

I'm kind of impressed that Marla was able to slip back into Gia after having not played her for over 20 years, and in just a couple of scenes. That was definitely Gia- a grown-up version of her, but Gia nonetheless.

The vape pen was funny. I've met people on both sides of the debate. It is pretty funny that they can't run those "freedom to vape" commercials anymore because they've basically been banned like cigarettes.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I almost forgot about Girl Talk until they mentioned it and showed the clip. Then it all came flooding back to me. Now can they please try to get Human Pudding back together to play their one song? Please?

• Love 3

"WE'RE HUMAN! WE'RE PUDDING!" And then Jesse backstage just staring at them and then holding up a lighter at the end and just going with it. This show while cheesy had some of the most random best moments. My all time favorite though is when Stephanie told Jesse about teasing Walter and while it's the most awful thing ever I still always laugh when she tells him that she and the other kids threw little pieces of bread at him and Jesse is like, "He's not a real duck". Its mean but I laugh every time I see that episode.

The DJ/Gia thing just felt out of place. Only because they interacted maybe all of twice in the original series and had one of The Olsens been around, obviously Michelle would be the haterade on Gia. Maybe DJ probably did have some of these feelings towards Gia, but all the same.. I'm glad MS stepped back into the role though. But seriously.. what is up with all the people from this show looking like they don't age!?!?!??!?! WHAT THE HELL ARE THE PEOPLE ON FULL HOUSE DRINKING SERIOUSLY?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

I totally forgot about Girl Talk and their one song, but as soon as they showed the clip, it all came flooding back! And we got to see Gia! I loved Gia! She was rough around the edges (for Full House anyway) but she wasn't just a bad seed friend, despite what DJ seems to think. Its so cool that she came back, and has not totally abandoned her bad girls ways (again, by Full House standards. I mean, vaping DJ? Really?) even after becoming a soccer mom! 

You know, Fernando has actually grown on me this season. Burying all those veggies for Max was sweet, and pretty classic Tanner/Fuller clan. It helps that this season he seems more like an actual character, and not just a caricature. 

Poko is such a little shit! I am glad that he lead Jackson and Ramona to bond though. They have given off a real sibling vibe this season. 

• Love 2

I don't know if I totally agree with the thought that the OR Full House would have made the 3 dads be a big part of solving the bullying problem. There was an actual storyline where Danny realizes that he can't solve every problem, and that the girls have to deal with some things by themselves, when DJ handles some girl who spread mean stuff about her and doesn't ask for Danny's help.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2016 at 5:18 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I don't know if I totally agree with the thought that the OR Full House would have made the 3 dads be a big part of solving the bullying problem. There was an actual storyline where Danny realizes that he can't solve every problem, and that the girls have to deal with some things by themselves, when DJ handles some girl who spread mean stuff about her and doesn't ask for Danny's help.

That did bother me, they handled the abuse episode with Steph and Jesse very well back in the day, but I thought the bullying wasn't handled very well. Making it more: "Parents are just as helpless as the kids". Which is untrue, but it is true that many schools will have the administrators who either do nothing or go to the extreme with bullying. That makes a more interesting topics even over 20 years later. 

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 2:51 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm kind of impressed that Marla was able to slip back into Gia after having not played her for over 20 years, and in just a couple of scenes. That was definitely Gia- a grown-up version of her, but Gia nonetheless.

Yeah, but they kind of lucked out that they had a kid bit part/guest star who's actually still in the business as an adult. They didn't have to go dragging someone else out of retirement and/or virtual obscurity. 

I kind of thought it'd be funny if they somehow acknowledged that both Marla and Candace have both done a lot of cheesy t.v. movies. Then again, Candace is basically property of Hallmark so I can't see her wanting to piss them off. She does have 4 kids to send to college.

I always wished Marla could have done more but it's nice that she's still a working actress.

• Love 3