Type keyword(s) to search

Design a Pro Lineup

• Start Topic

So, I'm shamelessly stealing this idea from another website...oh well.

Basically if you could create your perfect pro lineup for next season...who would be in it?

6 Males, 6 Females, with alternates or troupe members if that floats your boat. Former pros, current pros, SYTYCD alums, SCD current pros and alums....all fair game.

My male pros: 1.) Mark 2.) Artem...and then I'd love see the rest of lineup get blown up. Give Alan a shot, and Paul K. Then poach Pasha & Aljaz from Strictly and I'm good.

Female pros: 1.) Lindsay 2.) Emma 3.) Sharna 4.) Edyta 5.) Ana T. 6.) Chelsie H....I'd love it if out of blue Chelsie would get another season.

Troupe: Hayley (I wouldn't mind if she was elevated to pro either, she always stands out in the bumpers in a good way for me) Witney, Brooklyn Fullmer, Keo and Serge Onik...

Male pros: Artem, Tristan, Val, Sasha, Gleb, Keo

I am curious about this Pasha guy, though. It would be nice to see him.

Female pros: Emma, Lindsay, Peta, Karina, Lacey, Cheryl

Julianne would also be good as a dancer, not a judge. Kim and Anna could be in there as well. 

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1

Male Pros: 1) Mark, 2) Val, 3) Sasha, 4) Artem, 5) Tristan, and 6) Tony

Female: 1) Lindsay, 2) Emma, 3) Karina, 4) Cheryl, 5) Sharna, and 6) Lacey. 

I would want Allison in the troupe because I do like her dancing.  

I wish the producers would allow the pros to choreograph pro numbers throughout the season. Maybe the eliminated pro gets showcased the week after.

• Love 1

I will try to be realistic as to who could possibly do the show. Baby Chmerkovskiy will be very young next season so no Peta. Kym has hung up her dancing shoes, no Kym. Maks says he's done, no Maks. Derek is otherwise occupied, no Derek. My number one favourite, Tristan is highly unlikely to ever come near DWTS again, no Tristan. I saw some recent pics of Lacey and although she has always been a great fave of mine, she has added a substantial amount of weight so isn't likely in dance comp shape, no Lacey.

My picks; Sharna, Lindsay, Emma, Edyta, Oti and Oksana from Strictly.

Sasha, Dmitry, Val, Mark, Alan, Tony.

• Love 2

One of my fave couples of all time, is Dmitry and Mya so I'd love to have Dmitry back.

I have been loving Oti and Danny from Strictly. Here is there Paso, it's amazing. 

Male Pros: Val, Dmitry, Alan, Mark, Benji Swimmer (he would never in a million years but it'd be interesting to see him on screen, 10 years post SYTYCD) and the one newbie from Strictly or SYTYCD to shake things up. If Derek is gone for good you have to offer up some new exciting prospects. 

Female Pros: Never been fan of any of Julianne's partnerships but it'd be fun to see the dynamics change in the female pros if Julianna competed for a season, all the ladies would have to step up their game for sure. So Julianne, Anna T, Lindsay, Chelsie Hightower, Sharna, and Oti. 

• Love 1

Hmmm...I'm feeling in for a bit of a shake-up, and like it's time for a lot of the old standards to graduate or take a break, especially on the men's side. So in that realm, I'm gonna say I want Mark, Derek, Maks, Tony, to move on. (Derek and Maks are out anyway, Mark could come back but I kind of want other things for him. Peta is realistically going to be out for one more season.) 

Male:

1. Sasha
  2. Artem
  3. Paul Karmiryan (He seems great! Why hasn't this been a thing yet?)
  4. give Alan a chance
  5. maybe one more season of Val
  6. new blood, or I could give Keo one more shot, maybe

Female: 

1. Lindsay
  2. Sharna
  3. Emma
  4. give Jenna another shot
  5. Cheryl
  6. Oti, stolen from Strictly

Troupe: 

• Hayley (She pops for me too, but she still gets super camera shy whenever they ask her to speak), Brittany Cherry, Brit (same female lineup from last season) 
  • Shannon, (Keo or new blood), New blood

Going to do the Jidges too: 

• Louis (He's been doing show notes on Twitter, and I've liked his insights) 
  • Shirley Ballas (to take the place of Len)
  • Julianne (I know I'm in the minority, but I like her here) 
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Going to do the Judges too: 

• Louis (He's been doing show notes on Twitter, and I've liked his insights) 
  • Shirley Ballas (to take the place of Len)
  • Julianne (I know I'm in the minority, but I like her here) 

Well, if you're going to include a new judging panel (I never did care for that ridiculous imitation of the way Cat Deeley pronounces "judges." I know it's how she pronounces it in her native accent, but for Americans and others to copy it strikes me as an abominable affectation that lost its charm after about the second time they did it on SYTYCD), then here are MY picks:

• Louis van Amstel
  • Jan Postulart, former judge on the Dutch version of DWTS, which is sadly no longer running.  He's even told me several times that he'd love to be a judge on the American version and asked me whom I'd need to contact to make it happen.
  • James Jordan from SCD -- if you could get him to spend that much time away from his wife Ola.
  • Julie Fryer (Louis van Amstel's original (and best, IMO) dance partner in the Netherlands -- and another former judge on the Dutch DWTS)
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

(I never did care for that ridiculous imitation of the way Cat Deeley pronounces "judges." I know it's how she pronounces it in her native accent, but for Americans and others to copy it strikes me as an abominable affectation that lost its charm after about the second time they did it on SYTYCD),

lucille-portable.gif

But maybe don't "quote" me and then change the text of that quote to be something I didn't say, yeah?

• Love 2
On 12/5/2016 at 6:12 PM, sparrowtime said:

I will try to be realistic as to who could possibly do the show. Baby Chmerkovskiy will be very young next season so no Peta. Kym has hung up her dancing shoes, no Kym. Maks says he's done, no Maks. Derek is otherwise occupied, no Derek. My number one favourite, Tristan is highly unlikely to ever come near DWTS again, no Tristan. I saw some recent pics of Lacey and although she has always been a great fave of mine, she has added a substantial amount of weight so isn't likely in dance comp shape, no Lacey.

My picks; Sharna, Lindsay, Emma, Edyta, Oti and Oksana from Strictly.

Sasha, Dmitry, Val, Mark, Alan, Tony.

Speaking of Tristan, yesterday he tweeted this:

Tristan MacManus ‏@TristanMacManus

"Happiest of Xmas wishes to all of Mr. MacManus' year 7's!! Don't let the madness fool ya he knows his stuff!!"

I assume it means he's teaching 12-year-olds (or thereabouts) in Sydney now? Hmmm.  According to someone on another board who knows a lot of people in the dance world, he turned down a chance to be a judge on the new Irish DWTS.  In an interview, he explained that he couldn't move away from Sydney and uproot his family for a three month gig but he'd help out otherwise.

Anyway, back to the topic - my pie in the sky list:

Emma, Sharna, Karina, Kym, Anna, Lindsay - Sasha, Dmitry, Tristan, plus Giovanni, Gorka, and AJ from Strictly

Edited by Morrigan