Type keyword(s) to search

Please tell my I'm not alone in this. I want a Supernatural Movie.

• Start Topic

I want a Supernatural movie.  I know they may have to wait a few years till they are done with the show, but I would just love to see them do a movie afterwards.  Don't care what it's about as long as the keep Sam, Dean , Cass, and Crowley.

• Love 2

A movie would be fun, but I don't know that it's in the cards.  I know it's come up a few times lately at different cons, and the actors certainly seem onboard with the idea.  It would be nice to have a big budget for once with some very cool special effects and great writing.  I guess we can dream!

I think a movie would be a good idea. I remember when the first X-Files movie came out and how cool it was to see the mythology fleshed out on the big screen. It would have been interesting if they had done so while the whole apocalypse arc was going on but I suppose a Chuck vs. Lucifer showdown could be entertaining.

I was going to joke that you ARE alone in this, but other posters have already proven me wrong.  I am against movies from tv shows.  Serenity is the only one that I have seen that worked in my opinion, and that was needed because there were loose ends on Firefly.  I am reminded of the recent series Merlin, wherein the writers had FIVE seasons to tell that story and squandered almost every episode on irrelevance, then talked about making a movie to finish telling the story.  The SPN writers need to (unlike the Merlin writers) take advantage of the opportunity they now have to tell stories that are fresh and engaging. A girl can dream. Everyone involved now is in the same place at the same time and they have an audience.  They should do the best they can right now, not hope to impress later. YMMV of course.

• Love 1

Ah Merlin.  Such fond memories.

IDK.  Compared to Smallville (which "Merlin" writers said they were emulating), I feel we got off lucky. 

Of course, I love the Supernatural story as it is.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Krazykate58 said:

I want a Supernatural movie.  I know they may have to wait a few years till they are done with the show, but I would just love to see them do a movie afterwards.  Don't care what it's about as long as the keep Sam, Dean , Cass, and Crowley.

I've been saying that for years. They can do the first one right after the show ends for release a year later. Its always been my wish.

• Love 1

I want a Supernatural movie mostly because I just want the boys to be able to drop the actual swear words they would really say. I think if they can throw out a "fuck" "fucking" or the occasional "asshole" or "shit" it would go a long way to stopping the overuse of gendered slurs like"bitch" . I'm dead serious.  I think the dialogue would be a lot more realistic for this rough and tumble world in which they live. I just wish ONCE they would drop an f-bomb and it just gets bleeped vs using 'friggin' or 'freakin' which come on.

• Love 1

Well, they could only get away with it because it was supposedly on tape and therefore "live."  I'm considering the "friggin'" and "freakin'" as a translation, kind of like when characters supposedly talking in a foreign language actually speak in English, albeit with an accent to show it's another language.  :-) 

• Love 2

Oh right, I forgot that's how they filmed that episode. I should probably watch it again to see if I like it more. I've never been a huge fan of the Ghostfacers so I tend to just forget their episodes for the most part. I wish I could forget Thinman LOL .

Try it again--I actually kind of like it now.  Definitely better than Thinman!

Oddly enough, a friend in Australia hated it *because* of the f-bombs/bleeping.  (She was my beta-reader for my SPN fanfic, and kept trying to tone down the language in my stories.)  She didn't think the boys would curse so much, especially not in public/in mixed company.  Apparently things are different in Australia?

• Love 1

i think it would be less on "oh wow that would be so cool" for me and more on practicality. i would like to see it as the final chapter of the story, so everyone can get get everything they possibly can out of the characters and what they want of the plot. movies are basically uncensored, and TV has proven time and time again to restrict this show, so i would love to see some more swearing from the brothers, more gore, a deeper plot, etc. 

• Love 2