Type keyword(s) to search

Rules of Acquisition: The Quotes Thread

"You mean D'Ghor has been scheming and plotting like a Fer--"

*proudly*"Like a Ferengi!"

"I call upon Cardassians everywhere.  Resist.  Resist today.  Resist tomorrow.  Resist until the last Dominion soldier has been driven from our soil."

Edited by starri

Nog: (to Sisko) My father is a mechanical genius. He could've been the chief engineer of a starship if he'd had the opportunity. But he went into business like a good Ferengi. The only thing is, he's not a good Ferengi... not when it comes to acquiring profit. So now all he has to live for is the slim chance that someday, somehow, he might be able to take over my uncle's bar. Well I'm not going to make the same mistake. I want to do something with my life... something worthwhile.

From Broken Link

Female Changeling: "They're dead. You're dead! Cardassia is dead! Your people were doomed the moment they attacked us. I believe that answers your question."

Garak: "It was a pleasure meeting you."

You can imagine Garak really does think it a pleasure to speak to somebody who dissembles as much as he does!

Also: "Come now Mr. Worf, you're a Klingon, don't tell me you'd object to a little genocide in the name of self defense!"

"Death to the Opposition!" - Worf, railing against the Vulcans in Baseball!

Julian Bashir: What are you eating?
Miles O'Brien: I'm not eating; I'm chewing.
Julian Bashir: Chewing what?
Miles O'Brien: Gum. It's traditional. I had the replicator create me some.
Julian Bashir: They just chewed it?
Miles O'Brien: No, they infused it with flavor.
Julian Bashir: What did you infuse it with?
Miles O'Brien: Scotch.

Miles O'Brien: I don't know why Captain Sisko insists on me being here. I'm not a senior officer.
Julian Bashir: Maybe he just wanted to see you in your dress uniform. It does show off your figure.

Julian Bashir: Causing people to suffer because you hate them is terrible, but causing people to suffer because you have forgotten how to care... that's really hard to understand.

(this episode - Past Tense 1 and 2) is such a chilling episode to me, especially because I can honestly see how the Sanctuary districts could appear in this day, especially with the economy the way it is now. It's insane how much foreshadowing this episode ended up being)

And the most poignant, honest and chilling speech ever from a Star Trek Captain:

Benjamin Sisko: At 0800 Hours station time, the Romulan Empire formally declared war on the Dominion. They have already struck fifteen bases along the Cardassian border. So this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war. There is even a 'Welcome to the Fight' party tonight in the ward room. So... I lied; I cheated; I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men; I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all is... I think I can live with it. And if I'd have to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing...a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it...because I can live with it. [pauses] I can live with it. [pauses] Computer, erase that entire personal log.

• Love 1

Quark: "Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, Nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people, as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people... will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon. You don't believe me? Look at those faces. Look in their eyes."

Garak: I've locked him [Tolar] in his quarters. I've also left him with the distinct impression that if he attempts to force the door open, it may explode.
Sisko: I hope that's just an impression.
Garak: ...It's best not to dwell on such minutiae.

Because it's so meme-able, from the same episode:

Vreenak: It's a FAAAAAAKE!

(from In the Pale Moonlight)

Dr. Julian Bashir: Then I shall endeavour to become more cynical with each passing day. Look gift horses squarely in the mouth, and find clouds in every silver lining.
Elim Garak: [smiling] If only you meant it.

(from Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges)

Edited by John Potts

My early favorite line was in Babel:

Odo: "I have to get to that ship before it tears the station apart!"

Quark: "I can operate the transporter and get you there, go Odo!'

Odo gets on the transport pad.

Quark: "I must have witnessed it a dozen times."

Odo: "Wittness? You mean you have never used it?"

Quark: "Energizing!"

Odo points as he is transported away. Love that scene.

The Seige

Dax: "What was that?"

Kira: "That? It was a bancade, the Bajorian moons are full of them."

Dax; "So during your missions you would sit around campfires and sing about them I take it?"

Kira: "No. We use to eat them."

In the hands of the prophet:

Odo: I checked the turbolift records the night of the murder. Aquino did take a turbolift to level three, but not to the power conduit where he was found...
Jadzia: Where did he go?
Odo: Runabout Pad C...
O'Brien: A runabout...? What was he doing at a runabout at four in the morning?
Odo: Apparently, he was getting murdered.