Type keyword(s) to search

Season One: The best way you convince people you're not lying to them is to tell them you are!

GHScorpiosRule

I didn't see any threads for the individual seasons, so I thought I'd create them, since there are eight seasons. But just have a catchall for each season. 

I really, really love the first season, and they really did have lightening in a bottle with this cast.  It's very interesting, that the reason for Henry and Shawn's estrangement was because Shawn held Henry responsible for the divorce. Based on his actions and words, one would think that Shawn was his mother's favorite and that they were close.  Liam James was truly a gem/great find to play young Shawn.  I know they went through two others before they cast Liam. Same with Gus. I think they had two before they settled on Carlos McCullers.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

So, I titled Season Six as "Retcon City," but the first season did it within the same season! We have Juliet telling Shawn, I think, on the phone, that she doesn't have any sisters, so then, whose children are the nieces and nephews that we see in season two's Christmas episode, hmmm? Certainly not Ewan's, since he's single. 

This is what happens when I marathon watch--I catch all the small inconsistencies! GAH!

7 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Oh, see, I was under the impression Juliet had more than one brother--I'm thinking four, for some reason--but, she was the only girl. I think that actually might be consistent, but I'm not a 100 percent on that, either.

I'll take it!

Excited to see S1 starting this week on Ovation! It's the season I've seen the least, so happy to be getting a fresh look. Juliet and Shawn look so young!

Lassiter is being a worse jerk than I remember, particularly to Juliet.

• Love 2

I finally broke down and bought season one of Psych because ION keeps skipping around. Even when they do season one they skip around a lot. I'll get the others later because they do that with every season (yes I know technically its cheaper to get them all at once but when I do there's always a disk here and there that don't work and its annoying sending back the whole thing when some of the seasons all work fine), I'm glad I did I forgot how much they cut out of the first episode. There were a lot of good scenes there.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

What the heck? I was watching "Poker? I Barely Know Her" on the Hallmark channel and they bleeped out "ass". Really?

Yes. It’s HALLMARK. The “purity” channel. Expect all the “damns, hells” and “crap” to be bleeped out as well. It’s why I am the only person not happy that it’s now airing on this network. I’ve been recovering from surgery and binging the show on Amazon Prime, so I don’t know if ION took it off its schedule because Hallmark picked it up.

Don't say I didn’t warn you this would happen!?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

No, I checked; ION still airs it, just the later seasons.

It seems weird that Hallmark bothered to acquire it if they feel the need to bleep out ass.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

No, I checked; ION still airs it, just the later seasons.

It seems weird that Hallmark bothered to acquire it if they feel the need to bleep out ass.

It will get to the first season soon enough on ION. It had just started the fourth season a few weeks ago.

Not only bleeping out, but cutting scenes that undercut the show.???

1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

Does anyone know why Spelling Bee is listed as episode 3 and Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Piece is listed as episode 4? Aren't they episodes 2 & 3?

Did they split the pilot into two parts? That’s the only thing I can come up with, since the pilot was 90 minutes.

The pilot was 90 minutes, but on ION and Hallmark they cut it down to sixty minutes. I remember being surprised when I was watching the season one DVD I have realizing the cut out parts. They cut out Shawn in the beginning with a girl in his apartment and a longer scene of Shawn getting the duffle bag. Shawn steals it from a thrift shop or something while Gus tries to distract the own.  I don't know why.  

Edited by andromeda331
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

hey cut out Shawn in the beginning with a girl in his apartment and a longer scene of Shawn getting the duffle bag. Shawn steals it from a thrift shop or something while Gus tries to distract the own.  I don't know why.  

Because he thinks McCallum's sister is involved with the kidnapping and believes the duffel bag, the way it's shaped, has the ransom money; but then he discovers it's just clothes she's donating to the thrift store. Hilarious scene.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because he thinks McCallum's sister is involved with the kidnapping and believes the duffel bag, the way it's shaped, has the ransom money; but then he discovers it's just clothes she's donating to the thrift store. Hilarious scene.

Sorry, I meant I don't know why they cut scenes to try and fit it into a 1 hour show instead of cutting it into the two episodes. Maybe there wasn't enough to fill into a second complete episode. But 30 minutes plus commercials should get them there. They did something similar to Burn Notice the only weird part is some times they'll show the longer pilot of Burn Notice into  two episodes and sometimes they'll show just the one that can fit into one episode.             

3 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Sorry, I meant I don't know why they cut scenes to try and fit it into a 1 hour show instead of cutting it into the two episodes. Maybe there wasn't enough to fill into a second complete episode. But 30 minutes plus commercials should get them there. They did something similar to Burn Notice the only weird part is some times they'll show the longer pilot of Burn Notice into  two episodes and sometimes they'll show just the one that can fit into one episode.             

They could absolutely have the pilot as two episodes--technically, each episode is 42 minutes; with the commercials in original airings, that makes up one hour with all the commercials. They could do it in syndication as well. Don't know why they won't. Just throw in more commercials to buy up air time. It's soooo stupid; but then, they're all about the money.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, andromeda331 said:

The pilot was 90 minutes, but on ION and Hallmark they cut it down to sixty minutes. I remember being surprised when I was watching the season one DVD I have realizing the cut out parts. They cut out Shawn in the beginning with a girl in his apartment and a longer scene of Shawn getting the duffle bag. Shawn steals it from a thrift shop or something while Gus tries to distract the own.  I don't know why.  

Season one DVD has the full version as well.

• Love 1