Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Co-Owner of a Lonely Heart

ApathyMonger

Listen to what the sinister flower people say.  Especially when the petals reproduce like Tribbles and eat squirrels. Say, there was a recent squirrel attack in some nursing home.

A slow, exposition-heavy episode. We are introduced to the school's Governors, who have taken a liking to Miss Quill - and also have a nice file. And a woman reminiscent of Missy from Dr. Who makes her an offer she isn't likely to refuse.  And April, after almost killing due to Corakinus and her shared heart, is off on a journey to retrieve her heart.

I admit, I kinda had trouble following what was going on with the whole situation with Corakinus and the heart, with the woman who was..doing something to him while he...did something with the heart? I was lost. Did love the cuddling line though.

I am interested if Quill does get the thing out of her head, how she will fit into the story, because the kids have given her zero reason to change her mind and 'be a hero' or anything.

Ok, this show is really weird. After hating Miss Quill in the first episode she is now the one I am most interested, followed by April and Ram. (I definitely have a crush on Ram at this point) Not at all a fan of the Prince and feel like he's being written more and more assholish as part of a storyline, though I'm not sure what that is yet. Speaking of storylines, though I do like April very much, I an so over the stupid shadow king. BBC's notoriously bad sound editing coupled with the ridiculous way they are making the shadow  people talk means I have no idea what is going on there, nor do I care enough about them to put on closed caption. I do like April's powers though and kept thinking, hey, that could be very handy next time they fight off whatever other aliens show up at school.

Missy 2.0 was very distracting because all I kept thinking about was "how is she connected to Missy?"

The show is better than I thought it was going to be after the first ep

My thought after the mature content warning was "Oh, of course it's the straight characters that have had no significant interaction before this episode who get it on rather than the gay couple that have been seeing each other since the pilot!"

The gay couple got it on all through last ep. They're probably too exhausted this ep lol (did that one have a warning? I can't remember and don't actually pay attention to that stuff).

• Love 1

The thought of people being smothered by the vampire flower tribbles brought to mind this. How to deal with them? Flame-thrower.

They are still more interesting than whatever was going on with Sauron...er, Shadow-King...er, CooCoo-achoo...whatever his name is.

Watched this today. Lesson learned: do NOT fuck with April. Even if she loses her Shadow King heart down the line, I wouldn't want to mess with her. Right now, she can heal quickly and manifest swords. If I'm her dad . . . first of all, I would suck. Secondly, I'd send a letter, because I would not want to get killed.

Ram is over his dead girlfriend. I know, this is a fictional show and "teenager hormones are wild" is a central theme of this series . . . but damn. And natch, neither one of them thought about protection.

• Love 2
(edited)

Holy hell, April!  I guess mom's in the loop about a lot of things now. 

Despite not loving the quick progression of April and Ram last episode, I did like how they were handled in this one.  Although, jumping through a rift in space is a bit dramatic, these are teens and I guess Ram would have some issues with the shadow dudes killing another of his girlfriends. So, I'll roll with it.

This show is not well written, but I find myself liking the characters.  The plots are a little shallowly drawn and the messages not at all surprising, but damned if I don't like these kids and Quill.  

However, I still find the prince annoying and bland, and this week with a side of imperious, potentially genocidal douche.   I appreciate that Matteusz is not so smitten that he didn't call out Charlie as to the  implications of dropping a bunch of his peoples souls into people and taking an entire species over.   I was right on board with both Matteusz and Tanya's WTF at his attitude.

10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

And natch, neither one of them thought about protection.

I thought Ram said he had condoms. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1