Type keyword(s) to search

Westworld Music

phoenyx
  • Start Topic

On Youtube by way of Vulture

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/listen-to-westworlds-instrumental-covers-radiohead-rolling-stones.html

For a long time now, my bucketlist has featured "Ride a horse at top speed in the wilderness." That Rolling Stones cover is now what I want to listen to while doing so. STFU, it's MY bucket list. :) 

I can't believe I didn't recognize Black Hole Sun, which had to be on the player piano. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 2

I'm really hoping for Theme For An Imaginary Western by Jack Bruce/Pete Brown. The version by Mountain is probably the one most people have heard. The original is a keyboard oriented (or should that be occidentalled?) song, so a player piano version would be perfect.

2 hours ago, Gobi said:

I'm really hoping for Theme For An Imaginary Western by Jack Bruce/Pete Brown. The version by Mountain is probably the one most people have heard. The original is a keyboard oriented (or should that be occidentalled?) song, so a player piano version would be perfect.

Is this something that has played in the series or something you're hoping gets played in the series?

This is the ending music for Episode 5, divinely haunting...

2 minutes ago, phoenyx said:

Is this something that has played in the series or something you're hoping gets played in the series?

This is the ending music for Episode 5, divinely haunting...

Something I'm hoping will be played in the show.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

In episode 5 when William and Dolores were having their conversation and the "real world" came up, was that Clair de Lune being played in the background?

Hadn't even noticed it, thanks for pointing that out :-). I just checked, it's definitely there, string (guitar?) version :-)

Edited by phoenyx

The show's composer, Ramin Djawadi, also composes for Game of Thrones and Person of Interest, among other things. I gave the POI s2 soundtrack a listen and while it's obviously not identical, there are some bits that sound sorta Westworld-y. I guess they really just sound Djawadi-ish.

• Love 1

I will say, I don't care much for the player piano pieces, because the player piano sounds somewhat tinny to me. But also, except for "Black Hole Sun", I didn't recognize a single one of these covers, because I don't know any of the original versions of these songs. Rock and indie rock just aren't my bag.

• Love 1