Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Aquiline

At the Farm, the trainees learn their next task is to decide on a drone strike, which triggers Alex’s memories of Simon’s sacrifice. Meanwhile, Shelby and Leon’s relationship reaches the next level, and Nimah advises Alex and Ryan not to trust Harry. In the future, Alex questions if she can trust Lydia, leading to combat between the two.

Well, I guess by this show's standards, the "test of the week" was a little better or at least fun since the idea of about what goes into making to decision to do a drone strike on a target is an interesting, but naturally, it ends with the cadets squabbling like immature teens, and Owen just blows the guy up anyway, because of course, that was a plan all along.  Really, there was no way they were actually going to let freaking trainees make the final decision on a drone strike.

Nimah easily figures out that Shelby is sleeping with Leon, and decides maybe they can use that to try and figure out if he is AIC.  I kind of love that Nimah is basically like "Well, Alex and Ryan sure as hell aren't getting any shit done, so why not try this as well?!"

Ah, the show remembers that Simon actually died last season, so they naturally make it all about Alex, even though it had been obvious that Simon's relationship with Raina was actually the most important one for him.  But, nope!  Who cares about that when we can have Priyanka Chopra looking mopey (yet, still photogenic), I guess?

A few more minor hints for what will eventually happen: Alex will get kicked out of the CIA (ha!), Chen and Doyle will have a big blowout, and Owen ends up in the slammer.

No surprise that Lydia ends up betraying Alex.

And it's annoying Leigh that ends up being the first victim out of the former recruits.  Should have known they were doing that since they spent so much time on how important her family is to her during all those flashbacks in this episode.

Oh, and it looks like one of the twins is actually working for the terrorists, while the other is a prisoner.  Or are they both prisoners, and they just tie the other one down, so the other one will comply during the mission?  No idea.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

I missed the very last bit. What did she say? "You were right. I think ... might be one of them"? Who does she think might be 'one of them' and what does that even mean? I swear I miss half of the things that go on because I don't I don't hear it properly! 

Why did they haul Leigh off? I didn't catch that bit either.

On another note, they kill another two terrorists and Alex doesn't think to look and see who they are? And why are none of the terrorists bothered by the alarm Lydia has set off? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, and it looks like one of the twins is actually working for the terrorists, while the other is a prisoner.  Or are they both prisoners, and they just tie the other one down, so the other one will comply during the mission?  No idea.

I'm assuming they switched them out at the beginning when she scratched the terrorist? She kept saying "there must be a reason they didn't kill me" when she came back. Of course!   

• Love 2

If I thought this was really the way the FBI and the CIA trained I would be cowering in my basement, clutching my cat and trying to figure out how to emigrate to about anywhere else. Because seriously.

Ask me if I care about Owen's issues. This show is all style and no substance. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ReeBee85 said:

I missed the very last bit. What did she say? "You were right. I think ... might be one of them"? Who does she think might be 'one of them' and what does that even mean? I swear I miss half of the things that go on because I don't I don't hear it properly! 

Dayana.   I don't know what it means though because this show confuses me.

3 hours ago, mertensia said:

If I thought this was really the way the FBI and the CIA trained I would be cowering in my basement, clutching my cat and trying to figure out how to emigrate to about anywhere else. Because seriously.

Ask me if I care about Owen's issues. This show is all style and no substance.

It's no wonder the terrorists keep eluding them and they're not even competent either.

Edited by Free
35 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Dayana is a name. I think it m u st be the chick who convinced Leigh to vote to use the drone.

No, I meant I didn't know what it meant for the plot.  :)  I know which character Dayana is.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Nimah easily figures out that Shelby is sleeping with Leon, and decides maybe they can use that to try and figure out if he is AIC.  I kind of love that Nimah is basically like "Well, Alex and Ryan sure as hell aren't getting any shit done, so why not try this as well?!"

LOL! So true! And Shelby forgets that she tried pretending to be someone else, but was easily found out by other recruits and easily catfished and fooled by her parents. She should NOT be undercover, but Alex and Ryan are worse. Ryan actually used a story that Harry told to Sebastian to give him leverage without checking it out, even though he knows all these people DO is lie to each other?

After getting name-dropped this ep, I figured the other twin would show. They are dressed the same, though, right? So it's not going to be that easy to tell who's who from now on.

I feel badly for Lee/Leigh (?), because I initially thought she was a plant, but I guess she was just a red shirt (literally!), since the rest of the cast is hooking up.

This show validates the real life ineptness of the agencies. Good job!

• Love 1

So Alex, what happened to all those fighting skills the FBI and the CIA trained you in?  You looked pretty bad there in the computer room.  And using a .45 to shoot off the death collar?  No powder burns there, nope.

Alex must have skipped the Swahili seminar at CIA school.  Seems like everyone speaks it but her.

That whole drone scenario was so cringe worthy.  First of all, why argue over killing someone with a drone strike when one of the criteria is "Can we kill him with special forces troops?"  Boo hoo.  I can just imagine all the tech guys in that room laughing their asses off after the trainees left the room.

With two small children to worry about, why did Leigh want to be a field agent in the first place?  And the two guys arguing about religion and homosexuality in the drone room, they should be kicked out stat, because neither would last five minutes in a foreign country under interrogation.  But we have to keep them around because they provide DRAMA.

Question:  So who has been putting rocks on Simon's tombstone?  Never mind the fact that it is a year old and looks like it just came out of the finishing room.

I gather that the entire plot surrounding the takeover of the G20 conference is for the CIA to recover the hard drives with millions of surveilled emails and phone calls (those that haven't been leaked yet, anyway), and maybe there are some actual terrorists in the group, but why were the drives stored there in the first place?

• Love 1

Question:  So who has been putting rocks on Simon's tombstone?  Never mind the fact that it is a year old and looks like it just came out of the finishing room.

Simon was Jewish. His parents are still alive, right? In Judaism the mourning period is around  11 months for close family and then the tombstone goes up. I mean, it can go up before, but that amount of time is normal. So the reason it looked new is because it's meant to be new. For once, this show actually made sense. I'd assume the other stones are meant to come from other, non-FBI related loved ones.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 2

OK, but where exactly WAS this cemetery where Simon was supposed to have been buried? There would have been no reason for him to be anywhere near Williamsburg, unless there was some family history there we were never privy to. And I doubt it would have been in Quantico (which is not exactly a hop, skip and a jump from Williamsburg) either. So how exactly did the fab four get to the cemetery?