Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Landslide

Have the hate watchers realized that there are better ways to spend their time?

I still like Mama and Daddy best. Campbell's very complicated. He's all ego, except for the few times he shows some sensitivity. A good person to annoy everyone else. His persistent lurking in the ER is dumb, though. Angus and Savetti had a moment. Angus is turning into the new Guthrie, sans tremors.

There was no excuse for those children to run wild like they did.  Any one of those doctors, nurses, aides or whomever was in there could have told them to sit down and shut up.  Actually, the people who brought them in should have controlled them.

Ethan is my favorite character by far.  Angus seems like he's about 12 years old.  I don't know the names of any of the others.  Oh, I know the name of Drew MacAdoo!  HAHA  Drew's fiancee had amazing hair for just having been in a landslide.

I've always liked Eric Roberts but he does have a habit of over-acting at time.  Like last night.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

There was no excuse for those children to run wild like they did.  Any one of those doctors, nurses, aides or whomever was in there could have told them to sit down and shut up.  Actually, the people who brought them in should have controlled them.

I guess Angels Memorial's have nurses whose tough-love only extends to the doctors.

Is Mike even still a regular on this show?  I mean, why did they keep him around for this?

• Love 1

Typically, they would have called in a volunteer or security or a tech or something to sit with those monstrous kids if the parents couldn't control them. They likely would not have been there full time, but they would have been checked in on fairly regularly. Having not one, but two, doctors babysit when they are so slammed (as per usual on this show) sit with them constantly does not make sense.

Also, as others mentioned in previous episodes, what the hell happened to Neil and Krista? Did something happen because they disclosed their relationship to HR per protocol (they did do that right? I know they at least talked about it last season)? Did one of them get offered a position at another hospital and the other went along? Did Neil decide to take Krista back to the UK with him? If I missed the explanation, please let me know. I'd rather have those two back then the two remaining new docs - Noa and what's his name. Even if they had to cut Raza Jaffrey and whomever played Krista to make budget to get Rob Lowe on the show, some explanation should be given as to where they went.

It's like the admin turned med student/doc (Rubirosa?) who just suddenly was gone from the new season of The Night Shift. We now know, of course, that he apparently decided to change careers, become a lawyer and join the cast of Bull. Even so, no story about his exit/where he went either? They could have said that he had to do his internship elsewhere or something.

In all cases, it can just be a one liner type of thing - like "I hope Neil and Krista are doing well in the UK." or some crap like that.

Otherwise, I still like this show, mostly because of Marcia Gay Harding and Mama, however it is getting a bit far fetched though at least I'm not constantly confusing it with Chicago Med and the Night Shift constantly and Code Black has (mostly) different story lines from those two shows.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

Typically, they would have called in a volunteer or security or a tech or something to sit with those monstrous kids if the parents couldn't control them. They likely would not have been there full time, but they would have been checked in on fairly regularly. Having not one, but two, doctors babysit when they are so slammed (as per usual on this show) sit with them constantly does not make sense.

Also, as others mentioned in previous episodes, what the hell happened to Neil and Krista? Did something happen because they disclosed their relationship to HR per protocol (they did do that right? I know they at least talked about it last season)? Did one of them get offered a position at another hospital and the other went along? Did Neil decide to take Krista back to the UK with him? If I missed the explanation, please let me know. I'd rather have those two back then the two remaining new docs - Noa and what's his name. Even if they had to cut Raza Jaffrey and whomever played Krista to make budget to get Rob Lowe on the show, some explanation should be given as to where they went.

It's like the admin turned med student/doc (Rubirosa?) who just suddenly was gone from the new season of The Night Shift. We now know, of course, that he apparently decided to change careers, become a lawyer and join the cast of Bull. Even so, no story about his exit/where he went either? They could have said that he had to do his internship elsewhere or something.

In all cases, it can just be a one liner type of thing - like "I hope Neil and Krista are doing well in the UK." or some crap like that.

Otherwise, I still like this show, mostly because of Marcia Gay Harding and Mama, however it is getting a bit far fetched though at least I'm not constantly confusing it with Chicago Med and the Night Shift constantly and Code Black has (mostly) different story lines from those two shows.

The actors were fired and there is no mention of what happened to the characters, the writers were too lazy to write it. 
tvline.com/2016/09/05/code-black-spoilers-season-2-christa-neal-leaving/

Actually they did mention on the night shift what happened to Ragrosa( I Think they said he moved with his family somewhere )  but they did not mention what happened to the other doc bell hart.  

Edited by silverbell
  • Love 2

I don't know, even when I'm rolling my eyes on some plot contrivances, I'm still really liking this show.  I find I'm disappointed when the episodes end.  I wonder if the decreased focus on last year's first years is to prepare for them to leave when their rotation is up so they don't have to come up with crazy story lines in order to get them to stay (ie. grey's anatomy)

That's always bothered me on hospital shows (ER was also an offender.) A busload of kids/classroom of kids/school trip of kids is dumped in the ER and wacky hijinx ensue. I think not.

Also, I *did* think the rescue worker killed his best friend. Mabye because he was so damned hinky about it, and kept trying to bond with Ethan. The character arc I like best is Angus: he's gone from a worried, unsure of himself med school grad (with a substance problem...because there's always someone with a substance problem...right Dr. Carter?) to a strong, mature guy who's going to be a pretty good doctor.

• Love 1