Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 5 (10/26/2016 - 11/01/2016)

• Start Topic

That was funny how they ran around the kitchen island. He'll probably still make the Final 3. He's got his fans & no one really seems to be gunning for. I wouldn't mind him going. I can't stand him. I'm in the minority on that feeling though.

The girls (except Whitney) worry that Whitney getting the #1 Have-Not slot means that she'll be the AN.  Shelby decides to go talk to Danielle so America isn't upset that there's been no post-CP strategy.  I really think that Whitney's margin over Kryssie in the H-N votes was only because she hadn't been one before.  But we'll see, I guess.

I've decided that I need Kryssie and then Scott to leave. Once that happens, then I'll be ok with the rest of the season. I may not be fond of Danielle/Jason at all, but I'd rather them than Pissy Kryssie, who has trouble nowadays forming a smile and a positive attitude. Danielle is at least a good gameplayer. Jason's...well, he's not great. 

Shelby/Morgan plan to talk to Danielle today, so I'm looking forward to that. The Ballsmashers are also thinking America's Nom will be Jason, Whitney, Kryssie or Scott. They are also discussing how they control the votes, but they may have to choose out of their group on who goes home. At least they're thinking about it, so that's good. I have a feeling that this group will be just fine, even if it comes down to that.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DAngelus said:

The girls (except Whitney) worry that Whitney getting the #1 Have-Not slot means that she'll be the AN.  Shelby decides to go talk to Danielle so America isn't upset that there's been no post-CP strategy.  I really think that Whitney's margin over Kryssie in the H-N votes was only because she hadn't been one before.  But we'll see, I guess.

Shouldn't this past week have debunked that theory?  Last week, Scott was named first as a Have Not and while he wasn't eligible for America's Nom, he was eligible for America's vote.  So if the houseguests truly believed that Scott was the most hated houseguest since he was named first, shouldn't have America's eviction vote gone towards him?

If anything, production probably heard their theory and decided to mess with houseguests by switching around the names.  Clearly, Justin was named last today to get the largest reaction from both him and the other houseguests.

Scott passes through Tokyo, moving his things from the Have-Not room to London.  Shelby wonders if they should wait until he's done and then look for the witch hat.

SHELBY:  I'm like "game, game, game, game, game—Hat!"  But mostly, hat.

Whitney joins the group, also concerned about being the first called.  Shelby tries to reassure her, saying that Scott and Jason were ineligible, but they're eligible to be the AN.  (I guess they're counting on Scott votes to split the anti-BS votes?)  There's also the possibility that Jason (out of cigarettes) and Kryssie (on her period) might misbehave enough to get the AN.

I don't really think that needs to happen; I'd think Kryssie has enough "fans" for a concerted push to get her the nom, even without anything else.  But we'll see, as always.

Shelby and Morgan go to help unfurl the awnings at BB's request, leaving Alex and Whitney alone. They pledge to vote to keep each other, if it comes down to BS having to vote among themselves.  Not sure how much of this is bullshit, on either of their parts.  They agree that Shelby is likely to be nommed, to put pressure on her.

Edited by DAngelus

As much as I have issues with Danielle on a personal level (lol), I caught the end of her HOH talk with Scott and I'm fairly impressed with her gaming.  It seems she and Scott came to some kind of understanding that they're both moving forward and leaving their personal issues in the past.  Apparently Scott told her that if she had talked to him alone the week Shane went,  instead of in front of Krissy, he may have stuck by Shane instead of turning on him.  Now Scott is probably lying, and she may know that, but all in all it was a very civil, rational conversation.  Dani said she doesn't want to put Scott on the block and if she wins veto, she claims she or one of her side will take him down.  He has promised her the same if he wins HOH next week,

Following the convo, she talked to Krissy and Jason outside and told them that she told him she's not targeting him and that she led him to believe that she would have been willing to vote out Neely (in support of Justin) before the whole kitchen argument happened and her emotions got involved.  She doesn't tell them everything, but (IMO) kind of puts her foot in her mouth when she mentions that she'd wished she had talked to him earlier in regards to Shane because Shane might still be there if she had.  What is not said is that in that case, that would me that either she or Krissy would be gone instead.  Luckily, Krissy doesn't seem to realize that and agrees with Danielle.

Now, I don't know how honest any of what she said may be, but at least she's playing smart.  I may not like her, but I can appreciate that.

Krissy, on the other hand,is still bitching about her hands and when Danielle apologized to her for wasting half of the Ramen noodles she'd cooked, Krissy did not cuss out her parents for raising a sub-human, she just said "I can't eat it anyway."  The moral of the story?  Krissy is apparently only concerned with food being wasted because it means less food for Krissy.  ;-)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Following the convo, she talked to Krissy and Jason outside and told them that she told him she's not targeting him and that she led him to believe that she would have been willing to vote out Neely (in support of Justin) before the whole kitchen argument happened and her emotions got involved.

She's so full of shit.  When Justin told her (Monday night) that he was voting out Neeley, and that if Dani didn't like it she should "just be a woman" and use her feminine wiles to charm Scott in future, she instead put her charms to work on Justin and had him back on board with booting Scott within the hour. She worked hard to get Neeley that tie, and that was before Wednesday even happened.

I'm not sure if Kryssie and Jason know about this and know that Danielle is lying to Scott, or if they actually think she's telling the truth here.  Was their reaction more "maybe we can work together going forward, he's gonna realize he's fifth wheel to those girls" or "wow, he's as stupid as he is ugly, isn't he", could you tell?

• Love 1

So it seems that the noms will be Shelby and Morgan where Morgan is the target and Whitney is the back up target.  One of the main rationales behind the Morgan/Whitney target is that there would be one less person eligible for the future care packages.

Honestly, if America's Nom is taken off the block, it would be interesting to see who Alex chooses to go forward with.  I wonder if this could potentially force the sister twist to come to light.

4 hours ago, leocadia said:
Spoiler

I don't even think I HIT "quote" this time! What is this fuckery?  Why can't I get a fresh "Reply" box when this happens?  The goddamn quoted material comes back, no matter what I do!! Refresh the page, the quote is still there!  Close the page and reopen the tab, the quote is still there!  Log out and log back in, still there! Goddamn it! Does anybody know how to get rid of this shit??? [/MASSIVE RAGE]

Incoherent rage at my not being able to get rid of a "quote" I would dearly like to delete.  Help, please?

And now, what I actually wanted to post:

Scott is currently leading the Jokers poll for America's Nominee, by an almost 2-1 margin over Kryin' Kryssie.  The hell?

12 minutes ago, DAngelus said:

Scott is currently leading the Jokers poll for America's Nominee, by an almost 2-1 margin over Kryin' Kryssie.  The hell?

I guess the die hards want to mix it up a bit. I will vote for Krissie but I'm only one man. I think Scott would be shocked if he was America's Nominee at this point. I'm sure he thinks Krissie would go before him.  

I guess the Misfits fans are reuniting (they've been somewhat divided the past few weeks) to hate-vote against Scott, because he "laughed at Kryssie's injury" and "bullied Danielle".  And here Danielle swore he was safe.

Hopefully the Ballsmashers make enough pleas to the cameras to vote Kryssie for it to make a difference.  I do take some comfort that the margin among members is only 224-205 towards Scott; perhaps the anon voters don't have CBS accounts? 

• Love 1

Checked out Reddit (yeah, because I don't do enough BB reading…) and they think the Misfit fans are mass-invading the Jokers poll just to skew the results.  And of course, the poll is completely unofficial; voting doesn't even open until 8 PM BBT tomorrow night, so they can make sure people can't vote for those who are already nominated.

So…breathe, I suppose.  (And the gap is narrowing, anyhow.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DAngelus said:

Twitter fans have taken over Joker's. I have been on Jokers since season 8. I can't even look there today. It is getting nasty. On top of the polls and bickering in the comments, people have been putting not updating properly (either putting personal feelings in the updates or lies). I hope Jokers goes back to normal. Glad this board hasn't been invaded!

Yeah, Reddit pointed me at this one crazy Twitter person who's cheering on everybody to keep wrecking every poll Joker's puts up.  Um, you do understand that the poll doesn't actually affect the AN vote, right?  And these "pre-polls" don't even get the votes that the official poll does.

Kryssie and Jason were having a sexual fetish conversation. (I'm on Flashback, and I was enjoying all the girls in the hot tub, when they cut inside.) It was one thing when they were talking about submissives, but I really didn't need to know that Danielle has a friend who enjoys eating poop.  Back to Live, I'm thinking…

(Although that's one contestant who would probably never complain about going on slop.  Ask Dani for his contact info, BB!)

• Love 1

Scott is creepy as hell when it comes to Alex. He's in bunny boiler territory. She handles him well, but I'd want to tell him to get a fucking grip. He needs to stop constantly telling everyone he only cares about helping Alex, and she's his #1, and all kinds of inappropriate bullshit.  I really want him gone, although it doesn't seem like it's going to happen this week.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Scott is creepy as hell when it comes to Alex. He's in bunny boiler territory. She handles him well, but I'd want to tell him to get a fucking grip. He needs to stop constantly telling everyone he only cares about helping Alex, and she's his #1, and all kinds of inappropriate bullshit.  I really want him gone, although it doesn't seem like it's going to happen this week.

Do you really think he is creepy or just really awkward? I torn between Scott being such a superfan that he is rooting for Alex. He thinks he is not winning but he wants to help his favorite win. If he does really like her he I just don't see him acting on it. I was way more uncomfortable with Austin last year. I was worried Austin could have snapped if Liz had rejected him (I still never understood their relationship). If Alex were to tell Scott to go away, he would hide and cry. I can see him rewatching the show 100 times but he knows he is out of her league.

I would like to see him stay a bit longer. At least he is trying to work with the other side of the house. Kryssie is keeping the divide more then any other houseguest. I would love to see more side deals and secret deals across the 2 "groups".

Well, that's what BB gets for casting a virgin who is older than Ian or Steve (at that age, a few years' more frustration probably means a lot) and is definitely heterosexual, as opposed to asexual/possibly closeted.  On a scale of Zakiyah to Gina Marie, I don't think Scott scores that high as stalker-types go. Caleb was more worrisome, IMO.

On a happier note, my tour of Internet places I've never been has led me to discover that the Ballsmashers have a webpage dedicated to them (just a page, but still) and also, fanart.  I agree that the artist could have done more to differentiate "Whitney" and "Shelby"'s hair, but the contrast between "Whitney" smirking and "Shelby" scowling does fine for me.

Also, here are the HGs running through the house, the way Justin does, after the Have-Nots were announced.

One Redditor suggested that Dani read the names out of order, to get Whitney and the BS worried about her taking the #1 position.  Possible, but I doubt it.  

Although the last time I had that reaction (regarding Alex's speculation that Scott was telling people to vote him for Have-Not status), Alex turned out to be entirely correct.  So what do I know?

Edited by DAngelus

Yeah, I stand by my opinion that Scott is creepy. Constantly telling "America" and Alex he only cares about helping Alex win, he's fine with leaving as long as she stays, talking to people in game terms as if he and Alex are a pair, and Alex is even annoyed by him. Yes, I think part of it is he has an awkward crush on her, but I kind of don't care. 

• Love 1

I'll probably regret these words tomorrow, but Danielle has been a lot more palatable now that Shane is gone.  A lot of us thought she'd have a major meltdown.  I still don't like her, but it's nice to see a different side of her.

Poor Alex.  I would hate to get chosen to be on BB only to have some creepy guy obsess over me.  I'm sure Scott isn't any real danger to Alex or her game, but still, it would be an awkward and uncomfortable situation.

Jason has toned himself down these past couple of days.  He's been acting more like old BB Jason.  I hope he stays this way.  

Justin on slop:  LOL.  I give him till Tuesday before he cheats and sneaks something from the fridge and BB has to scold him.

Gotta admit, I'm glad Kryssie's a Have Not.  It gives us a little break from her constant crunching on potato chips.

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 1

Can anyone tell me exactly when the Scott "I would die for Alex" start? Granted, he never said that (that I know of) but when did he start "protecting" her? Is she aware that he tells other people that he would sacrifice his game for her? He's so awkward that he doesn't scare me as much as the stalking Caleb did but it's still creepy. I am curious as to outlast whom first. I think America would nominate him before her at this point but she's the better player. 

15 hours ago, DAngelus said:

Was their reaction more "maybe we can work together going forward, he's gonna realize he's fifth wheel to those girls" or "wow, he's as stupid as he is ugly, isn't he", could you tell?

They were very nonchalant and didn't really give an indication either way.  Because I just caught the end of the Scott convo and not much earlier or after, I don't have great context for what was said.  Both Krissy and Jason seemed 100% on board with whatever Danielle was saying, but they probably just don't want to rock the boat.

Sorry for the delayed response, I had actual real life things to do so I'm just now catching up on everything that's happened since yesterday.  Addiction is hard!

Also, I didn't know about that convo with Justin on Monday either, so she may actually have been taking his advice when she was dealing with Scott.  

Edited by leocadia
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Is she aware that he tells other people that he would sacrifice his game for her?

Yes, Alex is aware and she had even told Scott that it makes her uncomfortable.  She said that he needs to play his own game.  Part of me thinks that it's all part of a strategy for Scott.  He clearly came into the game with several plans (ie, creating a "nemesis") and this self-sacrificing thing may be one of them. I don't understand what he thinks he's achieving by doing it, but if he makes the finals (please, no!) I'm sure he'll tell us his "grand plan."  Of course he may not be able to hold onto it that long, he seems to have a need to expound on his own "brilliance."

9 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

+1. I will be voting for Scott for AN. I hope the insane LNJ fans can pull together this week and make a Scott nom happen. Not only does it mean Scott likely getting evicted (yay!), but it also provides the most chance for some interesting and fun strategy feeds this week.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

+1. I will be voting for Scott for AN. I hope the insane LNJ fans can pull together this week and make a Scott nom happen. Not only does it mean Scott likely getting evicted (yay!), but it also provides the most chance for some interesting and fun strategy feeds this week.

I think it's possible that Scott could be the nom. My 100% certainty of Kryssie going up has dropped down to 50%. It's not like I would be disappointed that Scott was up instead; I just want Kryssie's ego knocked down a few pegs. 

Besides, I'm more than happy to put Scott up next week. I just need Kryssie gone first. I don't want her anywhere near the finale, even though she has 0% chance of winning. I mean, she's the best goat to bring to the finale, that's for sure. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just want Kryssie's ego knocked down a few pegs. 

This is true. Kryssie getting nommed would be hilarious, especially since just yesterday she said she wasn't worried about being the AN. 

Both options are good, it's just that Scott being nommed works out better for me because he's who I most want evicted and it provides for more interesting strategy and not a foregone conclusion, like it would be if Kryssie was AN. Also, it keeps the sides even, which will make next week more interesting/fun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

It would hardly be "a foregone conclusion" if Kryssie was nommed; there would be at least two (and likely three or four) LNJ members who could win veto, pull Kryssie down, and lock Morgan/Shelby on the block.  And Heath Luman (competitions producer) tweeted that the Veto is

Spoiler

mental and requires "focus" and "psychological" strength; it sounds like some Halloween-themed freak-out challenge

, which there's no reason Kryssie couldn't win.  So the odds could be as much as 2-1 against the Ballsmashers.

(Odds of two BS chips being pulled, giving them a 4-2 edge:  27.77%

Odds of both remaining LNJ getting pulled, giving them a 4-2 edge: 16.66%

Odd of a split pull, and a 3-3 split in the Veto:  55.55%)

All of that aside, I have to wonder if Scott's "I would die for you [Alex]" declarations are just part of his "show my cards" strategy, just like his "public enemy/nemesis" tactics were.  Just as he wanted people to think that "Scott's after Kryssie, so he's not really a threat to me" and target others, couldn't this "I only want to make sure Alex wins" be a way of hanging a target on Alex, provoking people into thinking "gee, Alex is really dangerous with Scott being so willing to shield her"?  

In fact, haven't we seen variations on this before? I know Dr. Will spent the first half of All-Stars being all "I only did this so they would take Boogie, I don't care if you send me home", which was utter crap, and I'm sure there's something even more analogous to this hypothetical, I just can't think of it right now.  I mean, I'm sure he wants her and he wants to work with her…I just wouldn't be relying on his taking any bullets for her, were I Alex.  But JMO.

Apparently any Jokers member can post a poll, before the "official" poll opens up later tonight.  Here's another one, which shows an almost dead heat amongst members replying.  I think once the actual voting starts, Scott's fellow Redditors and the rest of "America" will push Kryssie onto the block.

At least I hope so.  Because IMO it's "a foregone conclusion" if Scott is on the block; no matter what happens, Danielle eliminates an enemy, and so the Veto loses its importance.  Sit Kryssie on the block and everybody has to sweat the Veto (including Justin and Jason as possible backdoor alternatives to Kryssie; see my next post about this); put Scott up there, and only the BS are in trouble.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

It could be Scott is just pandering to America perceiving the BS to be favored and Alex being their 'leader'.  But I do see that it also could be a way of making Alex a bigger target to others though.  

ETA: If pandering, its a way to try to shed the 'bully' bit...  be a hero, be protective of a female

Edited by LuvizBlind
  • Love 1

A hypothetical…suppose we get Morgan/Shelby noms, Kryssie for AN and a Ballsmasher wins the Veto.  Suddenly there's an open spot (Alex finds some excuse for Morgan to come down, if need be) for Danielle to fill.  Does she put up Whitney, knowing that it's probably futile and she has almost no chance of making a "deal" to save Kryssie?

Or would she be willing to toss Justin or Jason up there as a sacrifice? On the theory that Kryssie is a better ally and also easier to beat at the end?  And maybe she can get some credit with the BS for offering up somebody that "America" would never turn on?  

Or would she think this would make her seem "disloyal" to her side and damage her game?  And that perhaps the BS would get rid of Kryssie anyhow and use Dani's "betrayal" of Justin or Jason to try and capture the backdoor nom for their side?  

Could get interesting.  Or maybe I just want Kryssie nominated and am trying to justify it in game terms, rather than just "Shut up, Kryssie!" ones.  But even so…

ETA:  Also, it would make the voting more interesting, with two LNJ up on the block.  Can Shelby be sure that the two allies she leaves eligible to vote would vote together (a three-way split, counting "America", would allow Danielle to evict her) or might one of them defect and go against "the plan", hoping to get America as the tie-breaker and then pin the hinky vote on whoever else was voting?  

"No, I voted to evict Justin, I swear!  It was Scott who lied to us, you know how much he hates Kryssie!  I told you, Shelby should have let Alex vote, not him!"  And so on…

Edited by DAngelus
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is true. Kryssie getting nommed would be hilarious, especially since just yesterday she said she wasn't worried about being the AN. 

Both options are good, it's just that Scott being nommed works out better for me because he's who I most want evicted and it provides for more interesting strategy and not a foregone conclusion, like it would be if Kryssie was AN. Also, it keeps the sides even, which will make next week more interesting/fun.

If Scott gets AN, there is only a slight chance he will go home. Dani said she would use the veto on him and asked any of the LNJ that wins to use the veto on him or he could win and take himself down.  So a 4/6 chance the veto winner takes him down.

If Kryssie goes up, only realistic option is Dani winning the veto and taking her down. I don't see Kyrssie winning, she has been down, complaining and not well between the slop and her female issues. Kryssie has a 2/6 chance of getting taken down, and one of the 2 is her again I just don't see her winning in her current state. It is also this current state that is dragging the game down. I'm all for mixing up the sides and getting some game going and Kryssie is stopping this. Even Neely's exit interview said that Kryssie emotions were going to prevent her from really playing the game. Scott is annoying but he is willing to work with Jason. Justin, Dani and that could be interesting. What will Kryssie do, cling to the LNJ and complain and tell sex stories?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvizBlind said:

If [Scott's "devotion" to Alex is] pandering, its a way to try to shed the 'bully' bit...  be a hero, be protective of a female

Good point.  He knows "America" wanted to protect Alex, since they gave her the "Safety Servant" CP, and now he's pledging "Al"legiance, too.  Again, it's not as if he doesn't like her or want her in the F3…it's just that he may be "pumping up the volume" for the benefit of others, including "America".  Since he knows that everyone in this equation (the BS, America) likely prefers Alex to him.

J.D., here the Joker's board for all active polls.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

3 minutes ago, DAngelus said:

Good point.  He knows "America" wanted to protect Alex, since they gave her the "Safety Servant" CP, and now he's pledging "Al"liegance, too.  Again, it's not as if he doesn't like her or want her in the F2…it's just that he may be "pumping up the volume" for the benefit of others, including "America".  Since he knows that everyone in this equation (the BS, America) likely prefers Alex to him.

J.D., here the Joker's board for all active polls.

Thanks to both of you.  It was right in front of me.  I was on that page, but I didn't realize you have to click on the individual links to get to the actual polls.  I'm new to Jokers so I was expecting to see the polls at the top of that page itself.   

Danielle and Scott talking in the backyard about who Danielle should nominate.  Scott said that as long as Alex is safe, he doesn't care who of the remaining girls is nominated.

I'm on the fence about whether Scott's willingness to take a bullet for Alex is real or strategy.  If it real (or at least mostly real), I feel like Alex should consider letting Scott in on the sister twist.  If Scott is willing to be a meat shield for Alex for "love", he would definitely want to protect her sister as well.  Though I'm not sure if Scott is capable of keeping that information to himself.

ETA - Whitney just accurately predicted that the next care package is Co-HOH (in a conversation with Alex).  That's cool for her but once the care package is revealed, it may show that Whitney really does have her finger on the pulse of this game (and thus, putting a larger target on her). 

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention, but last night in the H-N room, Justin pretty much told Whitney all about Danielle's plans.  Nothing Whitney didn't already know, but still.  He also talked again about wanting to work with her, Jason, and Kryssie, but again that's F4, not F3.

Ironically, it would probably be good for Justin if Kryssie went home this week, as being able to hold out the F3 carrot to Whitney would increase the chance she'd flip, even though she and Jason don't really want to work together.

Meantime, the Danielle stans are praising her for noticing that Alex and Morgan made nearly identical pitches last night. (Because Alex coached Morgan, of course.) "She's so perceptive!", etc.   Er, how bright do you need to be to notice a near-verbatim repetition, exactly?

If Danielle was the genius her fans think she is, she should realize that this means Alex/Morgan are working together, and she should be angling for a spot with them against Whitney/Shelby/Scott, down the road.  Instead she's trying to evict Morgan, not realizing that of the two remaining CP-eligible Ballsmashers, Whitney is the one that Justin wants to ally with, so booting Whitney would help Dani keep him (and through him, Jason) close.  Oops.

ETA:  Danielle is now apparently pondering putting up Whitney, rather than Morgan, after all.  Because Whitney hasn't made a pitch, and because Justin/Whitney in the H-N room is setting off bells for her about Justin's interest in Whitney.  

Hopefully, it's not a jealousy thing, as Justin has mentioned having previously had both gonorrhea and syphilis.  At least it's not herpes, which never goes away, but still.  He also "joked" that Shane only liked Danielle because he was into anal sex, which…wtf?  I think Justin definitely still has some residual issues with Danielle preferring Shane to him.

(I still want to say Shane may have been "into anal" in ways other than Justin means, but that's just about Shane "pinging", again…he did seem very much attached to Dani in his exit interview.)

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

mental and requires "focus" and "psychological" strength; it sounds like some Halloween-themed freak-out challenge

Oh this sounds great. Can't wait to see the veto comp.

I don't care I still hope Scott is the AN because I flat out don't like him and he brings nothing to the game for me personally.

• Love 2

I was hoping the veto would be some sort of fear factor type contest but the same CBS source said no food. Being that this is big brother on a budget I think it might be the 60 minute comp with Halloween distractions. Basically each player will have to guess when 60 minutes is up and the closest wins, but while they are waiting and counting there might be Halloween spooky things happening. Just a guess. As much as endurance is fun to watch I like the mental/pysch comps better and for this group it levels the field.

I'm excited to watch the veto. I hope it will not be too long like last week since it is Halloween and I'm sure most viewers are handing out candy or taking kids out.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ah, so Whitney/Shelby are now going to be the noms, it seems, rather than Morgan/Shelby. I...could actually get behind this. I like Whitney a lot, but I might prefer Morgan more. 

I think I would rather see Morgan up as well. As much as I want some grand sister twist reveal, Whitney is a better game player and I  would like to see her go farther than Morgan right now.

It was indeed Whitney and Shelby.  Scott reassured Whitney, pointing out that if the AN stayed up, they could even overrule America's Vote, if need be.  However, he said he wouldn't see a reason to take either of the girls down with the Veto, assuming the AN was from the Jamboree.

Meanwhile, Alex and Morgan promised to pull Shelby down with the Veto, and the three of them campaigned to the cameras for Kryssie to be the AN.  They worried that Whitney might choose Justin if she got Houseguest's Choice.

Earlier, Jason spilled Danielle's "get out Morgan or Whitney because they might get a CP" strategy to Alex and Scott.  Alex filled Shelby in on this, post-noms.  They're actually surprised that Jason appears to have been honest about this.  Alex tells Shelby to use Houseguest's Choice on her, even if it turns out to be a "Fear Factor" eating challenge.  But Shelby was thinking perhaps she should pick Scott, because he's done well in almost every comp.  Alex tells Shelby she's more loyal to her and Morgan than she is to Scott or Whitney, but they're worried about Whitney possibly flipping.  Morgan rejoins Alex and Shelby and points out that she was more physically successful than Scott in the last Veto than the final times showed, because she had to redo some of her answers.  

Whitney joins the group, and disdains the idea of a "Fear Factor" comp.  The BS decide it's unlikely to be an ornately-built structure for the comp, because they'd be locked in by now in that case.  Shelby steps away for a moment, and Whitney glooms that she's the target because Danielle told her that she just wanted two nominees, she's not planning on any backdoor plays and of course being on the block against Shelby is Whitney's Nightmare Scenario, she's sure she would go home then.  Even if Shelby didn't have the power to pick the voters.

They decide that if either Alex or Morgan is the AN, they should pick the other blonde with Houseguest's Choice, throw the Veto to her, and have her take down either Shelby or Whitney, forcing Danielle to put up Scott (or someone from the LNJ).  So at least they could keep the BS together. 

ETA:  Why I Love Shelby, Some More:

SHELBY:  America, please don't give me this Care Package, and then fuck me over with the America's Nom.  I promise if you put up one of [the Jamboree], I'll put in an extra shift at the dog shelter.  That's two shifts each week.  (Beat)  Three.  (Beat) Two.  It's a half-hour from where I live now.

Yeah, it's best not to over-promise.  Those SoCal commutes can be a beast.  (Pardon the pun.)

ETAA:  The "official" Joker's AN poll.   Kryssie is currently leading by a decent amount among members, but of course that doesn't necessarily reflect how the actual voting is going.  (But they've got a fairly good record of predicting the result.)

Edited by DAngelus

God, I love Shelby.

SHELBY:  At least I can't be the America nom.  (mock anger) You wanted me to be the 3rd nom, America?  Well, you can't—I'm already on the block! Rarrrh!

Jason and Danielle are discussing how attractive Shane was, and they pointed out that (in their opinions), BB doesn't cast a lot of attractive guys.  Jason says that Clay was the only attractive guy on his season and then "Johnny Mac got more attractive by default".

JASON:  They tried to make Jeff Weldon seem like an attractive guy, but he wasn't.  Sorry, Jeff.

Burn!  (He does say that real-life Jace was better looking than house-Jace.)

Apparently, Justin outed Neeley's lying about her age to Whitney.  Whitney shared that information with the BS and they now realize that Neeley made too many 1980s references for someone supposedly born in 1988/1989.  Of course, they still think Neeley was a Broadway star, so it's not as if they're spot on, exactly.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

Would Justin eating get him on the block? or just longer Have not time? If it were not for Halloween and the break he will get I don't think he could make it a week. Will Have Nots end soon? maybe 1 or 2 more weeks?

I really want Halloween to be fun in the BB house so I hope the AN reveal does not cause so too much controversy. If it is Kryssie that gets nominated I hope she just sulks alone instead of bringing down the party. If Scott is nominated I bet he will still be happy and enjoy every minute of the Halloween party. He seems so happy just to be part of the first Halloween ever on the show,

Shelby brought up the entire "Scott's trying to make Alex a target" theory.  Alex is starting to wonder, herself.  They say that the BS is a stronger alliance than the "Day 1, Four Dudes" alliance Scott jumped into, because they came together organically.  

Scott's been proposing a F3 with the two of them, complete with name and such, but Shelby doesn't like that Scott is so "open" about Alex being his #1 and neither likes that he prefers to have strategy chats only one-on-one rather than as a threesome.

SHELBY:  I trust Morgan more than I trust him.

ALEX: Yeah, I feel really good about Morgan.

Heh-heh.  Shelby is going to be pissed when she finds out about the sister twist.

So it seems as though there may be an Alex/Shelby/Morgan alliance in the works.  Which, when seen in conjunction with the Alex/Shelby/Scott alliance and the Alex/Scott/Morgan alliance, just goes to show what a good job Alex is doing…she's everybody's #1.  Meanwhile Whitney's openness to the other side may get her in trouble fairly soon.

I hope not, though.  I still like the idea of a Ballsmashers F4.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DAngelus said:

Shelby brought up the entire "Scott's trying to make Alex a target" theory.  Alex is starting to wonder, herself.  They say that the BS is a stronger alliance than the "Day 1, Four Dudes" alliance Scott jumped into, because they came together organically.  

Scott's been proposing a F3 with the two of them, complete with name and such, but Shelby doesn't like that Scott is so "open" about Alex being his #1 and neither likes that he prefers to have strategy chats only one-on-one rather than as a threesome.

Heh-heh.  Shelby is going to be pissed when she finds out about the sister twist.

So it seems as though there may be an Alex/Shelby/Morgan alliance in the works.  Which, when seen in conjunction with the Alex/Shelby/Scott alliance and the Alex/Scott/Morgan alliance, just goes to show what a good job Alex is doing…she's everybody's #1.  Meanwhile Whitney's openness to the other side may get her in trouble fairly soon.

I hope not, though.  I still like the idea of a Ballsmashers F4.

I would love for the Ballsmashers to make it to the Final 4. Just because no woman alliance has stuck together. Does anyone know if 2nd & 3rd place get any money? I know in regular BB 2nd place gets $50,000 & the winner gets $500,000. With OTT, the winner "only" gets $250,000.

• Love 2

I'm starting to feel better about Kryssie going up OTB, but I'd also be fine with Scott, because nobody but Scott would probably take him down. I know Danielle said that she would, but could she be convinced not to? Maybe. I even think that Alex could convince Scott to not use veto on himself by saying that it protects her game. He could take himself down anyway, but the sad thing is that there's a chance that he'd believe her and stay up on the block. 

Basically, I do want the Ballsmashers to get farther than this week. Whitney may be swaying or she's faking it to Kryssie/Justin, saying that she'd like one of her girls to go home. Obviously she's on the block so she wants that over herself, but I wonder how much of it is genuine and how much is just faking it to these two? I don't blame Alex when she says that she's afraid of Whitney switching sides. Either way, Whitney is playing a great game, and it shows. 

• Love 1

I like Whitney and think she's the most strategic thinking of the 4 Ballsmashers. I think she is building bridges to the dark side (Misfits) as extra insurance. She may figure she is #4 in the Ballsmasher alliance and is trying to build a little safety. I'm thinking ahead to the next set of Have Nots. Thinking of Scott, Morgan and Danielle. I'd like to separate Scott from Alex a bit for his own good.