Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Surprise!

Tonight, in the season finale Dave and Gilda surprise Michelle for her birthday party and our Housewives are all there to join the celebrations. Can they put aside their differences for one night? Unlikely.

The biggest surprise was that this is the effing season finale!!! What a rip off. This episode would have been so much more intense and dramatic if these women were filming a normal howives schedule for another at least 5 episodes. Ridiculous. So, Racist Orc Nosed Julia and deadshit Angela go after Louise. Who seems nothing more than perturbed and completely unruffled. These two ignorant plebs, in addition to being dull as dishwater and with single digit IQs, definitely arrived at Michelle's party with the express intent of, as Angela put it 'setting the cat amongst the pigeons'. She said this twice, then denied it when Louise accused them both of coming into the party 'guns blazing'. It was incredibly rude. Ruder even than Michelle's ungracious reaction to the 'candelabra that Julia and Angela bought Michelle as a gift from what looked like a pricey antique store. Correction though. These were a pair of candlesticks. They were neither chandeliers or candelabra. Not in my book. Michelle is a classless POS, this can't be denied. Because the candles had been artfully  manipulated to be assymetrical, and they were allegedly antiques (I strongly suspect the owner saw both of these dummies and their wallets coming), Michelle immediately identified them as used. Also, there was no LV or Chanel logo in evidence, so she was unable to even contemplate such a gift. This is outside of her imagination and her taste. Anne gave her an expensive and rare bottle of champagne, Gilda gave her a gorgeous Gucci ring. Label, labels, labels. Michelle is in her comfort zone and all is well. Louise gave her nothing,, but saved herself gracefully by offering to take Michelle to lunch anywhere in Auckland. 

I spat fire at my tv when Julia claimed innocence, in absolute denial of the fact that she had a. called Michelle a boat n****r and b. told Anne herself that Michelle was a 'gold digger'. Why oh why did nobody mention this when Louise was in the firing line for saying that Michelle will 'bleed David dry' with her spending? I actually think that Michelle would take Louise's comment as a a compliment and a mark of prestige. 

And again, why the hell is Angela permitted to drag her slave PA along everywhere, including the trip to Port Douglas and now to this party? I'm utterly tired of watching Lea try to reverse park and of the cliched 'French' music dub in as she is exiting the limo. Is there even going to be a reunion? Who is going to host it? Peter Jackson? That would be fitting, he could recruit Julia as a victim in another slasher flick. 

As I predicted, Gilda is apparently becoming a social media star. She's icon material and I can imagine her being celebrated in drag clubs all over NZ, like Gina from RHOM is in Australia. I loved Gilda, Louise and to a lesser extent, Anne (heh, heh, heh) only because she has a cute retro vibe to her that reminds me of what was classy decades ago. Michelle is too nouveau tasteless and Angela is a bestial freak. Julia should be sacked, fired, publicly shamed and pilloried for being a disgusting selfabsorbed racist. Please let there be a reunion hosted by someone who is prepared to grill Racist Julia. And can we have some Maori housewives next season? And let's never ever forget behemoth Angela Stone on her knees in a public park hurling leaflitter into the air like an advertisement for incontinence aids. That is memeworthy and a classic. What a fool. I hope her overpaid healer charlatan is pulling some more daggers out of her. Idiot. 

• Love 7

All hail queenjen !

I concur with everything you wrote! 

- Candlesticks being called candelabra was soooo annoying for a pendant like me.

- Where were Julia's tears when she stormed off 'crying' at the party?

- I wanted to rub Julia and Angela's faces in gravel to rub off their gleeful smirks after they dropped the gold-digger bombshell idiocy at Louise. (Mind you Michelle had a BIG reaction! Bit sensitive to that accusation?)

- I'm over dumb adult women arguing like school girls... it's not witty, clever, nor entertaining. Give me some intelligent women... I would probably enjoy the endless school girl squabbles if they at least made some intelligent barbs!

- Let's start up a group fund to buy Angela a mirror so she can look at herself and get real...it would need to be large enough so she can gaze at her huge ego.

- Lea isn't back off to France, she's back off to Central Casting. Her 'role' on this show was an insult to my intelligence. Hang on a minute... I'm watching this stupid show...maybe I shouldn't be spouting off about intelligence?!! (Heh heh heh TM Anne).

- Gilda stooping to silly name calling when she argues, sadly, rubs a bit of her shine off. I want to maintain my fantasy of her being a counter espionage spy.

• Love 5
On 10/23/2016 at 4:50 AM, queenjen said:

The biggest surprise was that this is the effing season finale!!! What a rip off. This episode would have been so much more intense and dramatic if these women were filming a normal howives schedule for another at least 5 episodes. Ridiculous. So, Racist Orc Nosed Julia and deadshit Angela go after Louise. Who seems nothing more than perturbed and completely unruffled. These two ignorant plebs, in addition to being dull as dishwater and with single digit IQs, definitely arrived at Michelle's party with the express intent of, as Angela put it 'setting the cat amongst the pigeons'. She said this twice, then denied it when Louise accused them both of coming into the party 'guns blazing'. It was incredibly rude. Ruder even than Michelle's ungracious reaction to the 'candelabra that Julia and Angela bought Michelle as a gift from what looked like a pricey antique store. Correction though. These were a pair of candlesticks. They were neither chandeliers or candelabra. Not in my book. Michelle is a classless POS, this can't be denied. Because the candles had been artfully  manipulated to be assymetrical, and they were allegedly antiques (I strongly suspect the owner saw both of these dummies and their wallets coming), Michelle immediately identified them as used. Also, there was no LV or Chanel logo in evidence, so she was unable to even contemplate such a gift. This is outside of her imagination and her taste. Anne gave her an expensive and rare bottle of champagne, Gilda gave her a gorgeous Gucci ring. Label, labels, labels. Michelle is in her comfort zone and all is well. Louise gave her nothing,, but saved herself gracefully by offering to take Michelle to lunch anywhere in Auckland. 

I spat fire at my tv when Julia claimed innocence, in absolute denial of the fact that she had a. called Michelle a boat n****r and b. told Anne herself that Michelle was a 'gold digger'. Why oh why did nobody mention this when Louise was in the firing line for saying that Michelle will 'bleed David dry' with her spending? I actually think that Michelle would take Louise's comment as a a compliment and a mark of prestige. 

And again, why the hell is Angela permitted to drag her slave PA along everywhere, including the trip to Port Douglas and now to this party? I'm utterly tired of watching Lea try to reverse park and of the cliched 'French' music dub in as she is exiting the limo. Is there even going to be a reunion? Who is going to host it? Peter Jackson? That would be fitting, he could recruit Julia as a victim in another slasher flick. 

As I predicted, Gilda is apparently becoming a social media star. She's icon material and I can imagine her being celebrated in drag clubs all over NZ, like Gina from RHOM is in Australia. I loved Gilda, Louise and to a lesser extent, Anne (heh, heh, heh) only because she has a cute retro vibe to her that reminds me of what was classy decades ago. Michelle is too nouveau tasteless and Angela is a bestial freak. Julia should be sacked, fired, publicly shamed and pilloried for being a disgusting selfabsorbed racist. Please let there be a reunion hosted by someone who is prepared to grill Racist Julia. And can we have some Maori housewives next season? And let's never ever forget behemoth Angela Stone on her knees in a public park hurling leaflitter into the air like an advertisement for incontinence aids. That is memeworthy and a classic. What a fool. I hope her overpaid healer charlatan is pulling some more daggers out of her. Idiot. 

This is a post I could read many times, and probably will (in a totally non-pervy way, my Good Queen).

• Love 1
On 11/13/2016 at 9:14 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

- Lea isn't back off to France, she's back off to Central Casting. Her 'role' on this show was an insult to my intelligence. Hang on a minute... I'm watching this stupid show...maybe I shouldn't be spouting off about intelligence?!! (Heh heh heh TM Anne).

I'll give Lea one thing. She sure knows how to make the most of her Hermes scarf. Although I've seen it in a few episodes, she's tied it and worn it differently each time. French women are good at scarves. Wish I knew how to tie them in all those configurations. 

• Love 3

A few more thoughts:

Gilda- It was nice of her to show up at the cake tasting  and make sure that David made it a lovely surprise party for his wife. Would have loved a close up of the Lion Gucci ring she gave Michelle (or see her go to buy it).

Louise- No present to a big bday bash? Tacky. The toss in comment for lunch didn't make up for the slight. Maybe dinner tho a helicopter ride away. Thought it was funny when she asked the radio caller if he ever enjoyed a glass of bubbly and he answered with Verve. Then she stated that it went to show that he didn't have very good taste (I happen to agree but palate taste is subjective). I liked the Fly jewelry she wore on her LBD. Is that back in style? 

Julie- Got a laugh from the person who speaks on morality yet brings out a collection of sex toys at a party. 

Is it politically correct to still wear furs in that country? They'd get spray canned where I'm from. They all did look good in their outfits and jewels. I'm sure they all have a make up person but some of them always look that put together and so it might be their own talent (Gilda). 

It is also considered very bad manners to isolate the guest of honor from her party and engage in such low blow fighting. 

Agreed with @queenjen  that what...this was the season finale? They needed an episode to sum up all of the arguments that took place! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'll give Lea one thing. She sure knows how to make the most of her Hermes scarf. Although I've seen it in a few episodes, she's tied it and worn it differently each time. French women are good at scarves. Wish I knew how to tie them in all those configurations. 

Angela probably insists she wear it at all times.

I'm giving Anne even more of a side-eye now that I know she not only wears real fur at every opportunity, but wanted to open a snakeskin emporium and thought Donald Trump was handsome back in the day.  She may love cats and champagne, but seems a little addled in other areas.  

I'm not sad this wretched season is over.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm giving Anne even more of a side-eye now that I know she not only wears real fur at every opportunity, but wanted to open a snakeskin emporium and thought Donald Trump was handsome back in the day.  She may love cats and champagne, but seems a little addled in other areas.  

For a cat lover I was very surprised at lack of humane animal consciousness. Don't they have PETA in NZ? I just won't comment on the Trump thing as I choose never to engage in politics on these threads. Did she like him tho because he was handsome, had a hefty bank account, power or was eligible? 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

For a cat lover I was very surprised at lack of humane animal consciousness. Don't they have PETA in NZ? I just won't comment on the Trump thing as I choose never to engage in politics on these threads. Did she like him tho because he was handsome, had a hefty bank account, power or was eligible? 

My comment wasn't political in the least, I was just surprised she found him "quite handsome", because I've always found him supremely unattractive.  ;-)

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

My comment wasn't political in the least, I was just surprised she found him "quite handsome", because I've always found him supremely unattractive.  ;-)

I wasn't implying that your comment was political. I just generally try not to comment on him as I live on a street where he is either loved or hated and have an auto response to say that. Sorry. You know you are loved. I'll PM you something. 

• Love 1

Maybe the poor dear has just had too much champagne when she met DT.

I thought this series was hilarious and am disappointed that it's over. Since it's been aired and over for more than a year now, I guess a reunion wasn't in the cards. I wish there was a second season.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

Maybe the poor dear has just had too much champagne when she met DT.

I thought this series was hilarious and am disappointed that it's over. Since it's been aired and over for more than a year now, I guess a reunion wasn't in the cards. I wish there was a second season.

The season just finished this past week here in America so I assume that doesn't bode well if you aren't seeing it and that you are a year ahead of us. Ah well. It ended just as it was getting good and had so much room to explore the lines of friendship that were being drawn. 

(DT? I'm having a senior moment. What does that stand for?) 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a question
  • Love 1

Julia is completely moral. There is nothing immoral about calling someone a boat n***** if you are a racist. Gilda is such a bitch for calling Julia a "fucking idiot" just because Julia says stupid things like saying Michelle is a boat n*****. It's nasty to call Julia an idiot. Julia doesn't have a diagnosis of an intellectual or social disorder that might impede orc nosed racist Julia from realizing that it's never okay to call someone a boat n*****.

Angela is the height (the depths?) of narcissim. She dragged the fifth Beatle Lea to the party. She refused to say hello to Michelle, the woman whose birthday is the purpose of the party. She was a stroppy cow to Michelle and Gilda.

Michelle is materialistic, but I'm a bit irritated by the talk that Michelle is going to send her husband to the poor house. They've been together for 17 years. They've clearly reached an arrangement about what she can and can't spend and Michelle hasn't sent him to the poor house yet. I found the entire discussion unnecessary considering the length of their marriage. If he hasn't figured out how to deal with her spending habits by now, then that is completely on him.

• Love 2

I thought the whole gold digger conversation between Anne & Julia was about Gilda. Anyway, I think Julia, Michelle, and Gilda are probably all gold diggers, and Angela would like to be. But I don't think that after 17 years Michelle is guilty of planning to leave once she bleeds her husband dry. If Anne & Louise didn't have family money, they may have been counted in the gold digger number too. 

• Love 2