Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Seth Meyers Take A Closer Look At The Latest Sexual Assault Allegations Against Donald Trump On Late Night

I am running out of ways to praise him.  All I can say is that he should end up with at least an Emmy nod, if not a win, for all the fantastic work he's done during this election season.  Samantha Bee and John Oliver are holding it down on cable, but Seth is doing Yeoman's work on network tv.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I am running out of ways to praise him.  All I can say is that he should end up with at least an Emmy nod, if not a win, for all the fantastic work he's done during this election season.  Samantha Bee and John Oliver are holding it down on cable, but Seth is doing Yeoman's work on network tv.  

I agree. As much as I want this election season to be over, I will miss these closer looks. 

• Love 4

One thing I really like that he does (though, I don't believe he did it in this particular segment) is when instead of playing Donald Trump's words, he just says them in a normal speaking voice so you can see how he talks in circles, and is inarticulate and foolish.

ETA - You know what, this part of the piece was so great and resonated with me so much, that it deserves to be repeated.  "The reason women are hesitant to report allegations is because of reactions like this.  Because instead of believing them, you question their motives.  Stop pretending there's an optimal time for women to come forward with these allegations."  A-FUCKING-MEN Seth.  

Edited by Princess Sparkle
Added an extra thought.
  • Love 8

I do enjoy Myers' commentaries, but, as a marine biologist, I must object to the Trump/shark comparison on at least two counts - one, sharks don't take "suck in air like they are about to go under water", but instead extract oxygen from water through their gills; and two, it is unfair to sharks to compare them to Trump.

• Love 6

I still watch the Closer Look where Seth challenges Trump to reveal his tax returns. It's hilarious.

"I think you're not releasing your taxes because you don't have any money. I think you're broke. I don't even think you have an accountant. I think you use Turbo Tax. You're not running for president because you want the power or you wanna make America great; I think you need the $400,000 a year salary. And I think if you do win, your first question will be, do I get that in a lump sum or is it installments? And your second question will be, is the food free? ... I think you do talk to Putin, but only to say "I'll get you the money, I swear, just give me until November!" Hey, maybe I'm wrong, and all you have to do to prove I'm wrong is release your taxes. But until you do, I'm going to think you take off in a helicopter, but then land 100 feet away and get in a 1994 Nissan Sentra..."

The way he says Turbo Tax cracks me up, and that part about Putin is particularly sharp. He's done a hilarious and biting commentary on Trump's behaviors throughout this election, and I've really appreciated Seth for it.

• Love 8

Bee should win the next Emmy, but Seth should ALMOST win it.

And it's not like Oliver isn't still killing it too.

Aholes like Fallon don't belong in that Nom list. And Kimmel maybe barely.

• Love 1

I can't wait for the election to be over, but really, there is sooo much good commentary from Bee, Oliver and Seth. I am enjoying all of them.

And I also love the challenge to reveal Trump's taxes. For me, it's the way Seth says, "I don't think you have ANY MONEY."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

And I also love the challenge to reveal Trump's taxes. For me, it's the way Seth says, "I don't think you have ANY MONEY."

He may not have, perhaps that's why he ran, so he could generate millions of dollars for his companies that print Trump hats and T-shirts, feed people with Trump food and water, house them in Trump buildings.  Supposedly he's raised money that at least is a decent percentage of that raised by Hillary, and where's it all gone?  I live in PA, a supposed battleground state, and I hardly see any Trump commercials on TV.  We hear about all the staffing offices he's closed, or reduced in size.  So where is all that money going?

Absolutely! The whole thing makes me laugh, but the way he says "you don't have ANY MONEY" and "Turbo Tax" just kills me. Heeee. And "Nissan Sentra." I don't know why, but that makes me laugh too.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1