Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Sorry. 

Maybe thats why there isn't a lot of activity on this board.  I have worried about posting thoughts on here in the past.  I know Canada is 2 weeks behind the UK but so many people stream  it here in the states that we are up to date with UK viewers.  

Again sorry. It really is excellently done so still worth watching. 

I binged Corrie the other night (Britbox) and just got to the episodes where Seb and Nina started bonding after the traffic jam she caused. Bummer it ends like this.

I'm perpetually behind in the episodes but I always get spoiled anyway since I follow Corrie on Twitter and the Gram. Just glad to see this forum picking up again.

• Love 2

I thought about going back and binge watching the last year that I missed because I'd love to see Shona's return, but I don't think I can stomach Geoff again or everything that happened with Oliver. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Sorry. 

Maybe thats why there isn't a lot of activity on this board.  I have worried about posting thoughts on here in the past.  I know Canada is 2 weeks behind the UK but so many people stream  it here in the states that we are up to date with UK viewers.  

Again sorry. It really is excellently done so still worth watching. 

I love the show Line of Duty but im only on season 4. I watch gogglebox on YouTube  and they showed the last few minutes of the of the series finale on there 😄. I'll still watch.

Oh not your fault at all!  I’ll definitely still be watching.

I had to be very cautious on Twitter because so many people in the UK were talking about Line if Duty.  Not sure when we’ll get it here.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I don't think I can stomach Geoff again

Ugh! Geoff! He wasn’t even a good villain like your Richard Hillmans or Pat Phelans. He was just awful and cringey to watch. I started fast forwarding every scene that he was in. The cast all insist that the actor himself is lovely, but he comes across as arrogant in interviews to me

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Oh not your fault at all!  I’ll definitely still be watching.

I had to be very cautious on Twitter because so many people in the UK were talking about Line if Duty.  Not sure when we’ll get it here.

Britbox  says the 6th season of LoD starts may 18th. 

I couldn't rewatch Geoff,  so vile. And they dragged the story out so long.

• Love 1

Sharon is just awful. I did crack up laughing when she was trying to convince Toyah to call Leanne, then that look she shot at Jenny when Jenny talked Toyah out of calling , 👿😄. She reminded me of a Disney witch/ evil stepmother. Too funny.

• LOL 1

I really hope this story doesn't drag out longer than a month. 

Not only do we still have to look at Corey's ugly mug, but now we're stuck with his horrible dad too? 🙄

Have we seen Kelly's mom before? I don't think I was watching when she was fully introduced as a character. I remember her turning up asking for her dad, and I quit watching shortly after. 

Abi just breaks my heart. I really like her and Kevin together so I hope they can get through this. Social distancing has done a number on the show- I know why, but it keeps bugging me that Kevin never hugs Abi or anything. 

Unpopular opinion (I think) but I don't hate the Baileys. Ed's excitement about his granddaughter was sweet. They're not riveting, but I don't mind them on the show. 

I wish the show would do a large candlelight vigil or something. Easy enough to keep them distanced, but would be nice to see all the people who Seb was friendly with in one scene together. 

11 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

I’m just up to Asha moving in with Corey.

I feel like Asha’s personality changes every month.

Sorry Tiggertoo! I wish they would air it everywhere at the same time. 

Yeah it does seem to change frequently. I don't have a good sense of who she is. Like she seems studious, but then she's skipping school to stay home with Corey. She loves her brother, but she's a total bitch to him. She's kind of a goody goody, but she's rebelling. 

• Love 3

My heart breaks for Abi  grief is hard. I lost my 27 year old daughter., in October.  However I was gutted by her treatment of Nina.  Nina is a victim of these horrible violent attacks as well as Seb.  

Jenny and Ronnie's chemistry  is good.  I think there could be a good storyline. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Cozytea said:

My heart breaks for Abi  grief is hard. I lost my 27 year old daughter., in October.  However I was gutted by her treatment of Nina.  Nina is a victim of these horrible violent attacks as well as Seb.  

Jenny and Ronnie's chemistry  is good.  I think there could be a good storyline. 

@Cozytea I’m so sorry! There are just no words for this, but I’m so genuinely sorry to hear about your daughter and for your pain. Much love and the biggest of hugs to you xxx

• Love 3
On 5/14/2021 at 6:49 PM, Cozytea said:

Cozytea, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm a mother too, and I cannot fathom going through what you have. Sending you lots of love and wishes for healing. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Thank you. I only mention my loss because I do understand the anger, but I feel horrible for Nina's character.  Especially seeing her walk into Roy's with that white sweater,  Abi is lashing out unfortunately it's at a victim. 

It was nice to see Evelyn again.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Thank you. I only mention my loss because I do understand the anger, but I feel horrible for Nina's character.  Especially seeing her walk into Roy's with that white sweater,  Abi is lashing out unfortunately it's at a victim. 

It was nice to see Evelyn again.

Yeah I understand her anger but she is lashing out unfairly. I hope when she's able to cope better, that we see her apologize to Nina. I liked their relationship and would like to see them remain friendly someday. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Audrey to Sam, I don't  like to drink on a full stomach. 😄😄😄 that made laugh so hard.

Me to Audrey, Same Audrey same🍷😄🍸

Same 😆

I was surprised by Jenny and Ronnie. I felt like it was going to happen eventually, but wasn't expecting it quite so soon.  

Asha is super dumb. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Me to Audrey, Same Audrey same🍷😄

Same 😂 

It’s  just not the same is it. 
Audrey is another one that has evolved so much over the years. She was unbearable when she first married Alf, but working in the hairdressers brought out the comedic side to her eventually 

• Love 2

Drinking on a full stomach, child's play 😄

Jenny and Ronnie did  shock me.  As @Jenniferbug said I thought it my happen but not now, i noticed the recent flirting but wow, that was quick. Maybe it's the social distancing that makes it seem  quick,  we don't see them kiss and touch before they let us know they just had sex lol.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Two flats Tyrone  😄

Evelyn cracks me up😂

I'm glad the actress is back but I feel bad for her , I recently found out she lost her partner to covid recently.  I watched them on celeb gogglebox together,  they were cute together .

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 2

The older cast (except Ken dreary Barlow) are by far and away the best 😂 they have the best lines. Corrie would be incredibly dull without the likes of Dev, Rita, Evelyn, Tim and Mary. 
On the subject of “two flats Tyrone”, I’m getting to the point where I have to fast forward any scene with Alina or Fiz in them. I can’t stand Alinas brazen behaviour over breaking up a family, and I can’t stand Fiz full stop. I hate the whole storyline, it came completely out of left field and makes absolutely no sense. They went from kissing one week, to taking out a mortgage together the next! 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

The older cast (except Ken dreary Barlow) are by far and away the best 😂 they have the best lines. Corrie would be incredibly dull without the likes of Dev, Rita, Evelyn, Tim and Mary. 
On the subject of “two flats Tyrone”, I’m getting to the point where I have to fast forward any scene with Alina or Fiz in them. I can’t stand Alinas brazen behaviour over breaking up a family, and I can’t stand Fiz full stop. I hate the whole storyline, it came completely out of left field and makes absolutely no sense. They went from kissing one week, to taking out a mortgage together the next! 

I agree, I can't watch Alina and Ty, there is no chemistry between them. It is a rushed storyline.  The writers should wrap up some other storlines.  I am still waiting for Todd  to be found out as the person that was behind the break in and targeting Paul with that kid. Rick's body is still in the woods, meanwhile his watch has been handled by several on the street, wasn't his name even on the watch.🤷🏾‍♀️ 

I like what Alina and Ty represent (a good old fashioned cheating soap story) but not so much them together as characters. It's bizarre to me that Ty has jumped right to a mortgage with her when he has another household to support. Does Fiz work or is she wholly dependent on him for cash? Since they weren't married it seems like most people would move the new girlfriend into the house they already own! But then he'd have to raise Ruby himself so he won't do that. 

• Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, Jenniferbug said:

I like what Alina and Ty represent (a good old fashioned cheating soap story) but not so much them together as characters. It's bizarre to me that Ty has jumped right to a mortgage with her when he has another household to support. Does Fiz work or is she wholly dependent on him for cash? Since they weren't married it seems like most people would move the new girlfriend into the house they already own! But then he'd have to raise Ruby himself so he won't do that. 

I agree the old fashioned cheating storyline is what i like about Fiz/Ty/Alina story.

As far as I know Fiz still works for Gary. I remember Ty and Fiz owe Gary money because Ty let some guy come in and steal some very expensive furniture. 

I'm some are starting to find out Sharon's connection to Harvey. 

@Cozytea, you've made me realize that I don't know what Gary does either! 😆 The only employment related thing I remember seeing him do are construction a long time ago and his loan shark stuff he took over from Kelly's dad. 

Sharon's voice makes my throat hurt. Don't get me wrong, I love that it's distinctive, but it reminds me of how hoarse I would sound in my younger years after being in a smokey bar the night before. 

I'm glad Jenny is onto her. I wouldn't mind if she stays around if she turns on Harvey, but it's kind of ridiculous it's taken this long for anyone to catch on. She's not subtle! 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

@Cozytea, you've made me realize that I don't know what Gary does either! 😆 The only employment related thing I remember seeing him do are construction a long time ago and his loan shark stuff he took over from Kelly's dad. 

Sharon's voice makes my throat hurt. Don't get me wrong, I love that it's distinctive, but it reminds me of how hoarse I would sound in my younger years after being in a smokey bar the night before. 

I'm glad Jenny is onto her. I wouldn't mind if she stays around if she turns on Harvey, but it's kind of ridiculous it's taken this long for anyone to catch on. She's not subtle! 

Gary did take over Rick's loan shark business,  I'm not really sure how he started selling furniture ?😁 or how Fiz started working for him. However Fiz was looking after the business while Gary was in prison. 

I think Sharon is hilarious,  I don't like her but she's so over the top, it makes me laugh.

I think Jenny and Ronnie are a good fit. Probably not popular opinion because she's married to Johnny but I think she has good chemistry with Ronnie.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I think Jenny and Ronnie are a good fit. Probably not popular opinion because she's married to Johnny but I think she has good chemistry with Ronnie.

I don't dislike Jenny and Johnny together, but I wouldn't be sad if they put her and Ronnie together instead. They definitely have chemistry! 

• Love 3

Absolutely agree about Jenny and Ronnie. That man has some charm! Johnny has turned a little pathetic, and I don’t mean that in an unkind way, but he used to be so strong and confident-he had sex appeal within his arrogance. Now he just seems sad and old-whereas Jenny is still vibrant. 
Sharon is like a ‘Carry On’ film baddie, I keep expecting to hear Sid James laughing. 
I don’t know if she’s lost the ability to act in her absence, or this is actually what the writers aimed for when they wrote her lines, but it’s completely ridiculous, even for Corries ‘pantomime baddie’ history. 
I might be alone in this opinion, but I absolutely cannot abide Leanne. Not since the day she first walked onto the street-the only Battersby I ever liked was Janice. So I keep hoping that she’ll meet her maker at the hands of Harvey’s henchmen and finally end her time on the street for good. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Absolutely agree about Jenny and Ronnie. That man has some charm! Johnny has turned a little pathetic, and I don’t mean that in an unkind way, but he used to be so strong and confident-he had sex appeal within his arrogance. Now he just seems sad and old-whereas Jenny is still vibrant. 
Sharon is like a ‘Carry On’ film baddie, I keep expecting to hear Sid James laughing. 
I don’t know if she’s lost the ability to act in her absence, or this is actually what the writers aimed for when they wrote her lines, but it’s completely ridiculous, even for Corries ‘pantomime baddie’ history. 
I might be alone in this opinion, but I absolutely cannot abide Leanne. Not since the day she first walked onto the street-the only Battersby I ever liked was Janice. So I keep hoping that she’ll meet her maker at the hands of Harvey’s henchmen and finally end her time on the street for good. 

Leanne is hard to like, I can't remember ever thinking she was in the right or liking her. I don't count the Oliver storyline.  She's just so harsh  all the time. Even when Carla and Peter was carrying on behind her back, while I felt for her , she still bugged me lol.  Janice had her moments that cracked me up, I don't think I liked her  but there were definitely moments when I liked watching her. Especially as compared to Fiz and Chesney's mother who I really really disliked. 

• Love 2

Oh I’m so glad it’s not just me 😂 she’s been on the street for over 20 years and for the life of me I can’t work out why. I guess we should just be grateful there’s no sign of Les ever coming back. 

• LOL 1
On 5/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, Tiggertoo said:

Ugh, Leanne gets on my last nerve.

Mine, too. She's so bloody stubborn on all fronts, which makes everything more difficult and invites trouble.

I quite like Ronnie and Jenny together. Interested to see how that pans out.

• Love 3
(edited)

What an exciting episodes! From everyone connecting the dots, that's what I love . On a street with everyone living in each other's pockets of course you will start talking about the cartoon villain Sharon 😁.  Sharon giving  Jenny an extra zap, omg so funny.  I couldn't believe that nut tazed her in the middle of the street.  Gary and the chase. Little Sam , all amazing.  

Poor Abi,  I admit I'm having a hard time watching her scenes . I'm glad she invited Nina.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1

Yes! It's realistic in such a small community that they would talk and connect the dots! 

I know Gary is a somewhat controversial character, but I do appreciate that he looks out for the people in the community. And that he was smart enough to call Imran to get the police. Stealing the keys was quite clever. 

I'm sure she won't, but I was cheering for Abi to stab him at the end 😆

Are any of you watching from the U.S.? This soccer thing that has changed the schedule is doing my head in. The most recent episode that aired last night still hasn't posted on my Amazon/Britbox and I'm feeling very frustrated! Any ideas as to when they'll be up?

(edited)
31 minutes ago, politichick said:

Are any of you watching from the U.S.? This soccer thing that has changed the schedule is doing my head in. The most recent episode that aired last night still hasn't posted on my Amazon/Britbox and I'm feeling very frustrated! Any ideas as to when they'll be up?

I'm in the states. I watch through britbox.  I watched the latest episode last night.  It says its June 14th, it's  45 min long. I'm on eastern time and the new episodes usually appear around 4 to 4:30. 

Highlights: Evelyn sees the horrid photo of Alina and Tyrone and she also sees Tyrone sporting skinny jeans😄😄😄.

Edited by Cozytea
7 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I'm in the states. I watch through britbox.  I watched the latest episode last night.  It says its June 14th, it's  45 min long. I'm on eastern time and the new episodes usually appear around 4 to 4:30. 

Highlights: Evelyn sees the horrid photo of Alina and Tyrone and she also sees Tyrone sporting skinny jeans😄😄😄.

I have Britbox, but it's not there! So weird, and bloody awful! It says there are 117 episodes, but 117 isn't showing up for me. I'm gutted, as they would say.

On Canada time, Jenny just told Johnny about the affair with Ronnie.  I was so annoyed with him.  With all the crap he’s put Jenny through, he should have almost instantly forgiven her.

Speaking of the Johnny scene, is Liz Macdonald ever coming back?

The scene of Sam and Gary and the shooting was well done.  As well as Abi and Nina.

When can they stop physically distancing?  It does make some of the scenes quite awkward!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, politichick said:

I have Britbox, but it's not there! So weird, and bloody awful! It says there are 117 episodes, but 117 isn't showing up for me. I'm gutted, as they would say.

Have seen any new episodes yet? Just fyi there is a new episode on there now. Thursday also had an episode.  Next week should be back to normal schedule. 

I have in the past watched episodes on the Daily Motion website just type in coronation street.

Eta: The link below takes right to the soaps just scroll down. 

"TvSoap videos - Dailymotion" https://www.dailymotion.com/TvSoap

Edited by Cozytea

I was surprised to see today's Coronation street available on Britbox early this morning.   to OMG, Todd and Billy were discussing Summer and the shooting that had just happened outside.  When Todd said"it's bad but it's not downtown Baltimore," I nearly fell off my chair.  Who knew my hometown would be discussed on Corrie?   And sadly, not in a good way.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, sas616 said:

I was surprised to see today's Coronation street available on Britbox early this morning.   to OMG, Todd and Billy were discussing Summer and the shooting that had just happened outside.  When Todd said"it's bad but it's not downtown Baltimore," I nearly fell off my chair.  Who knew my hometown would be discussed on Corrie?   And sadly, not in a good way.   

I am always shocked but not shocked how other countries see the states.  Mybest  girlfriend is Canadian but lives here in ohio and her family is paranoid about her being shot and killed. They use guns to hunt and my family have never had a gun in our home but they definitely see the states as very dangerous.  I dont blame them. I think the states have a very complicated relationship with guns. We arnt hunters so no need to have one but living in Ohio it's scary. Everyone has one. My nephew was cut off in traffic and when he stopped the guy jumped out and pointed a gun at him . Scary as hell. He's a cop but also half black half Mexican and the guy was angry and calling him ugly names. I'm glad my nephew knew how to talk the guy down.  He never told the guy he was a cop because he didnt know how that would go over.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 2
On 6/22/2021 at 4:53 AM, Cozytea said:

I am always shocked but not shocked how other countries see the states.  Mybest  girlfriend is Canadian but lives here in ohio and her family is paranoid about her being shot and killed. They use guns to hunt and my family have never had a gun in our home but they definitely see the states as very dangerous.  I dont blame them. I think the states have a very complicated relationship with guns. We arnt hunters so no need to have one but living in Ohio it's scary. Everyone has one. My nephew was cut off in traffic and when he stopped the guy jumped out and pointed a gun at him . Scary as hell. He's a cop but also half black half Mexican and the guy was angry and calling him ugly names. I'm glad my nephew knew how to talk the guy down.  He never told the guy he was a cop because he didnt know how that would go over.

To add to this, I’m in England, and yes, ashamedly I have to admit that the majority of us do think you’re likely to get shot and killed if you walk the city streets in the US.

Because we had a huge gun amnesty in 1996 (after the Dunblane shooting), there are no legally owned civilian hand guns here anymore. Because of this, gun ownership both puzzles and terrifies most of us. 
We do however have a massive issue with knife crime these days. So I guess it makes us hypocrites. The bottom line is, no city street is actually safe-it’s just that the weapon of choice differs between countries.

I have family that live in Chenango county, and not one of them has ever even seen a gun in to real life, so I have no excuse for my own ignorance 😂

• Love 1
On 6/30/2021 at 5:45 PM, Jenniferbug said:

Aww, I really liked today's episode! The street supporting James was super cute! 

It so was! Especially the little boy. 

So, now that Sean is done with Double Scammy, how is he going to make a living? Will he have to give up his fancy digs and go back to Todd's mum's house?

52 minutes ago, politichick said:

It so was! Especially the little boy. 

So, now that Sean is done with Double Scammy, how is he going to make a living? Will he have to give up his fancy digs and go back to Todd's mum's house?

Probably! He doesn't seem to work at the Rovers much that we see. I guess with Todd moving in with Billy and Summer, Sean would have a room at Eileen's. It's amazing to me how many people fit into those houses!

2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

It's amazing to me how many people fit into those houses!

It’s amazing to me too, because they used to be two bedroomed terraces, but over the years they all seem to have miraculously developed a 3rd and/or 4th bedroom. Without any explanation whatsoever  

• LOL 2
52 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

It’s amazing to me too, because they used to be two bedroomed terraces, but over the years they all seem to have miraculously developed a 3rd and/or 4th bedroom. Without any explanation whatsoever  

Sure seems like it! At one point, didn't Gail have 8 people living in her house? Maybe everyone sleeps in bunk beds 😆

Tyrone keeps saying he's happy with Alina but that look of dread was odd when she asked him to runover to get whatever at the store, I think the writers want us to think he'll grow tired of Alina.  She just asked to run out quick, no big deal but seemed so put upon.

I think it will be Alina that gets tired of Tyrone and his wanting to please everyone.  

I admit i ff Daisy and Ryan, so I'm just wondering is this going to be another cheating storyline?

Speaking of  cheating storylines, I like that Jenny and Johnny are not at each others throats.  All breakups are different,  I'm glad they are showing the two different ways.