Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: You Drive Me Crazy

Louise is the real MVP for getting Angela to open up about herself. That scene was the first time Angela appeared somewhat likable!!

Loved Anne driving like a little old lady -- too funny. 

Also loved Julia being all (awkward) talk about how good she would be on the track. Watching her fail and humiliate herself week after week is becoming one of life's little pleasures.

Gilda is such a badass; she and Michelle had me laughing quite a bit this episode. In fact, I think I laughed more this episode than I have all season! 

Looking forward to the dueling book launches next week...

• Love 7

''Twas the first time Angela seemed remotely 'real'!

I loved this episode! I have that BMW... It is so fun to drive but I would love to drive it on a race track (no speed limit!).

I am coveting the sunglasses Gilda wore at the race track....any ideas re brand?

• Love 1
On 10/4/2016 at 9:20 AM, strongoxman said:

Louise is the real MVP for getting Angela to open up about herself. That scene was the first time Angela appeared somewhat likable!!

Seriously. Once Angela stopped getting software updates from her alien overlords, she began to come across like an almost likeable reasonable facsimile of a human.

Loved Anne driving like a little old lady -- too funny. 

Hilarious. While everyone was going back and forth about how not competitive they were while secretly hoping that they would win, Anne is just taking a leisurely grandma Sunday drive.

Seeing Julia's daughter next to Anne's nephew was insane. The girl looked at least 15, while the boy looked exactly 12. Also anyone with any amount of sense knows to never plop two children in front of each and expect them to get on.

Gilda is such a badass; she and Michelle had me laughing quite a bit this episode. In fact, I think I laughed more this episode than I have all season! 

Looking forward to the dueling book launches next week...

Gilda and Michelle crack me up even making fun of Angela's big feet.*

*I also have size 11 feet.  Paris Hilton, Kate Winslet, Uma Thurman, Meg Ryan, and Oprah are 11s too. Ellen McPherson is a 12. Shockingly Gwendoline Christie who plays Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones is only a 12.5 even though she's 6'3". One of the super weird things people don't know about modeling is that models are expected to be tall and thin, but having feet larger than a 10 is discouraged. Not every designer makes an 11, but everyone makes a 10. You'll rarely find a successful model with feet larger than a 10.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

I know men can have children later in life but I am now wondering how old Ann's brother is when Rowan was on last time I thought he was her great nephew.

I loved that Angela thinks this book could help Louise's career since Louise seems to actually have one and I can't say the same for Angela.

Still can't stand Angela but according to Google who brother reached out to her, so at least there is that.

How weird was Kirk greeting her in the lobby with those flowers and then walked out ld the lobby with them, did she leave them in the car? 

• Love 2

Some chuckles: 

Gilda talking about guns: "People dying because of gas leaks". Really? Is that a big thing down under? Seems like an unusual reference point. 

Louise on "naval gazing", I'd never heard of that before but I like it. She did too and used it more than once. 

Michelle saying  "I am gagging for a glass of champagne". 

• Love 3

A 12-year-old boy declaring his love for someone?!! Kids today are obviously more advanced than I was. Maybe being able to do it by text helps.

Does anyone know what Angela's oldest daughter said to her at the very end that made her reply something like, "At least there's that"? I have trouble understanding the accents sometimes on this show.

Edited by Lady Writer
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Add Kirk's to the never ending list of man-boy breakup lines: grown ass man says " I want to spend more time with my friends"

I think it's far kinder than the truth, which is "You're a lunatic. We have sex twice a month and your good-good isn't so amazing that I don't wonder if I'd have more fun drinking a beer with my mates or just having a wank." Even ignoring how weird she is, the relationship is too much damn work. It's a 10 hour to drive from Wellington to Christchurch. It's 8 hours from Wellington to Auckland. Having to fly back and forth must be a pain, especially since the relationship started as long distance. 

• Love 4
On 9/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, itsadryheat said:

Add Kirk's to the never ending list of man-boy breakup lines: grown ass man says " I want to spend more time with my friends"

I thought he didn't look that into her in the last episode when they were Facetiming. 

Interesting how Angela was talking about how wounded she was as a child from not getting enough attention from her parents, and in an earlier scene her daughters were essentially telling her the same thing. Is she that clueless? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4

Michelle & Gilda being catty about Angela & Julia at the cafe was awesome! 

Anne & Gilda at the art class was fun. Anne is fussy, but she is a good sport about most things.

Angela & Kirk's scene was post-break up, I think. The whole thing seemed forced, and there was absolutely no chemistry there.

Louise looks great in her black dress THs. 

Best lines were both about Angela. Louise saying that it seems like she has already hit her head (talking about taking a foot off of the treadmill), and Michelle - "Bitch got big feet" 

On 10/4/2016 at 9:20 AM, strongoxman said:

Also loved Julia being all (awkward) talk about how good she would be on the track. Watching her fail and humiliate herself week after week is becoming one of life's little pleasures.

yes, yes it is. 

On 9/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, biakbiak said:

Still can't stand Angela but according to Google who brother reached out to her, so at least there is that.

I'm sincerely happy to hear that. 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Michelle saying  "I am gagging for a glass of champagne". 

Michelle has the best expressions. 

On 9/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Is she that clueless? 

A blanket yes. 

• Love 2