Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Final Curtain Call

• Start Topic

With Kandi's musical approaching, ticket sales aren't where they should be and Porsha isn't paying attention at rehearsals. NeNe has to see a doctor after enduring strange pain. Apollo and Phaedra discuss their marriage. Kenya has a pet funeral to attend.

I am by no means judging how Kenya mourns her dog, especially since Velvet died unexpectedly and in such a gruesome way. But Kenya was so over the top and the memorial was so ridiculous that, unfortunately, her "mourning" didn't ring true. I believe she was upset, but I think some of it (maybe most of it) was for the cameras. 

Enjoyed "A Mother's Love" and, surprisingly, I found myself wanting to see more. Bravo should have gone in on it with Kandi and produced a DVD of the production. I'm not saying I would have bought it, but it would've added a little something more to Bravo's shop other than those tacky "Mazel!" panties, "Mazel" off-the-shoulder sweatshirts, and "Mazel!" non-slip bathmats. 

Sneaking in the 1-on-1 with NeNe as the last half hour of the show was truly disingenuous. Maybe it's my imagination, but Andy seemed not quite as enamored of her. Maybe he's grown tired of her too. I'd love it if he asked all the other housewives who should be gone and they all said NeNe. I wonder if Bravo would be ballsy enough to drop her. Who is she going to film with now that she's cast off Cynthia?

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that Todd talks to his mom a couple of times a day -- he and Kandi might both want to think about cutting the apron springs!  The underlying message to her mother in the musical was the farthest thing from subtle.  I almost felt sorry for Mama Joyce knowing that everyone in the audience was probably thinking how horrible she's been to Kandi about Kandi's relationships.

I also thought letting NeNe have a full 1/2 hour to herself on WWHL was a bit unfair.  (Not that the RH shows are ever really "fair" -- no one can ever ensure that they're going to get a "good" edit.)  Although I have to give it to NeNe -- she says what's on her mind.  Rather than try to be diplomatic or keep the high road or follow the old adage, "if you have nothing nice to say....", she'll jump right in and name names.

Ayden (spelling?) as always was adorable. 

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 1

I feel like Nene's special WWHL interview was tacked on last year, too. And maybe even the season before. Isn't that where she intimated that Sheree should be fired? And not long after that one-on-one sitdown with Andy, Sheree was dropped.

In the first half of the season, Nene kept repeating that it was necessary for all the ladies to be able to interact together in spite of their differences. Wasn't that the purpose of the "bunding" trip to Savannah? But now that Porsha seems ready and willing to go after Nene's "sworn enemy", while Cynthia would rather just make peace with Kenya, now it's Cynthia that has to go. The message seems to be that the only way to express loyalty and true allegiance to the Queen Bee is to throw fisteses.or completely freeze out the enemy. Seeing so many shades of Jill Zarin. And it's not a good look.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 2

I detest Kenya because she's one of those people who will slay a person with words.  She knows damn well that physical violence is the ultimate and she uses that to her advantage.  I detest people like that.  Just because you're not hitting someone doesn't mean it's not violent; that's what verbal abuse is about.  How would Kenya feel if someone told her that Velvet died so violently because of Kenya's bad karma? 

• Love 2

NeNe is busy digging herself a hole.  The half-hour with Andy Cohen was dreadful.  The total glam package -- crossed and oiled legs, fake hair, total diva attitude. She's over the top obnoxious and looks even more petulant, bitter, and generally ridiculous in the reunion clips.  It's like she's so gone over the edge in terms of ego and attitude that the fall will take many many chapters to hit. When it gets to this point, people sign off because it starts to look like a serious health issue.  

Kenya , as Neurochick says above, is a dangerous instigator who knows full well how to push folks over the edge and enjoys doing just that.  Last night was really broken, boring, and yucky.  This appears to be happening throughout many of the franchises as the HW recipe begins to grow really rank.

I did not watch WWHL last nite, and I still woke up this morning, the sun was still shining.That's proves to me if I no longer watch RHOA, my world will not come to and end. So I can say with real confidence if Cynthia is fired, I will not watch  the NeNe Leakes Network..It's not because I like Cynthia, I did not like Sheree,and I did not like Kim. These ladies were NeNe's friends, they made the mistake of not taking shit from NeNe. And Bravo Fired them because they pissed off NeNe. Those women are out of a job because  Bravo has given NeNe the power to make it happen. That is bullying.  No employer should give an employee that kind of power.

Edited by coloradoqt
  • Love 4

http://www.realtytv.com = a snippet about WHY Cynthia is no longer NeNe's friend..remember the name Pam Pinnock.  I'm betting NeNe will be the next casualty on dancing with the stars,,she's apparently  did her infamous finger snap to her celebrity dancing party, reportedly showed her attitude (code for ass). You knew it was just a matter of time. (see celebrity apprentice) 

In the first half of the season, Nene kept repeating that it was necessary for all the ladies to be able to interact together in spite of their differences. Wasn't that the purpose of the "bunding" trip to Savannah? But now that Porsha seems ready and willing to go after Nene's "sworn enemy", while Cynthia would rather just make peace with Kenya, now it's Cynthia that has to go. The message seems to be that the only way to express loyalty and true allegiance to the Queen Bee is to throw fisteses.or completely freeze out the enemy. Seeing so many shades of Jill Zarin. And it's not a good look.

I completely agree. At the start of the season no one had really pissed Nene off. So it was all about "bunding", let's get to know each other better! Now she's all pissed at Kenya and Marlo, so anyone who doesn't take her side is going to hear about it. She really is full of herself. 

I don't have any hatred of Nene.  What I see when I look at her is a grown woman who is acting out the way she probably had to when she was a child.  In other words, she doesn't act appropriately to the situation.  What I mean is, if you were told as a child that you weren't good enough; then as an adult you might want, want, want things, shoes, purses, homes, all so you'll feel good enough, but it never truly works.  I do this, and then I think about it later and realize what I'd done. 

I bet that Nene was taught that it was wrong to make a mistake, of when she made a mistake she was punished severely for it and not told why it was a mistake and why the punishment, so now she's a woman who's never wrong, who never makes a mistake.  I know many people like that. 

The problem for me with Nene is that it's painful to see her act that way because I know it stems from lack, believing in scarcity, that there's not enough to go around and if I don't grab it, even if I have to step on you to do it, I won't get mine. 

Nene is very exhausting to watch, but I don't hate her. 

Edited by Neurochick

I

Nene is very exhausting to watch, but I don't hate her.

I don't think any of her critics  hate NeNe,"very exhausting" is kind. I think we probably only see  a snippet of her life NOW; and just don't like how she behaves in most situations.We believe she should try and show a better image of who she really is: a proud,confident,SMART black women.  We are embarrassed by her behavior. I think we as women and particularly black women want to see NeNe and other women like Nene "make it".But her behavior makes it hard to root for her. We know she will have to humble herself,have good manners,work hard,be kind and BE SMART in this world to even be thought of as the Star she thinks she is.We all know this and its (IMO) frustrating for most of us to see she can't seem to see that,she behaves as everything but, she doesn't seem to know or care how she comes across. It's kinda like having a friend/relative and you love her because she is your friend/relative and watching as she gets in and out of bad/hurtful relationships, you think she can do better and should know better, but she thinks she is at her best.Your common sense tells you this is bad for her, but nothing you say or do is going to get her to stop. I also think we are a product of our environment and I don't think NeNe was raised in the "right" environment, not knowing her father,being abandoned by her mother, and all of  the baggage that can come with that for a female. I just don't think she knows any better, she doesn't  know how to behave. To her "good behavior"shows weakness, to her "keeping it real" shows she is strong and not afraid. I am 73 years old,this is my opinion..

Edited by coloradoqt
  • Love 2

I don't hate Nene, but at some point you have to let go of your past and stop using your childhood as an excuse for behaving like an asshole. I'd say at nearly 50, it's time.

Not an excuse but it's not an easy thing to stop reacting to things in the present from the viewpoint of who you were when you were a child. I mean, I think many people react to things like they were a child.  Some people just do it in different ways.  Nene's way is more public, but people use things like alcohol/drugs/sex/work/shopping.  I'm speaking of doing them to excess, or doing them so you don't have to deal with your feelings.  Like Nene always buying red bottom shoes is like a kid who thinks, "if I have all of this stuff, I"ll be okay, I will have arrived."  But it's never enough.  Plenty of people in their fifties and sixties still live like that.

Enjoyed "A Mother's Love" and, surprisingly, I found myself wanting to see more. Bravo should have gone in on it with Kandi and produced a DVD of the production. I'm not saying I would have bought it, but it would've added a little something more to Bravo's shop other than those tacky "Mazel!" panties, "Mazel" off-the-shoulder sweatshirts, and "Mazel!" non-slip bathmats.

Kandi has learned her lesson. She released the CD, DVD and t shirts for the play on her own so she keeps the profits, not Bravo.

I think I'm Nene'd out.  I Dream of Nene, RHOA, and her 1/2 hour WWHL? It's obvious that she's Andy's favorite, but I'm looking forward to a break. I enjoyed I Dream of Nene a lot so I was looking forward to RHOA. Then, all I saw was the big headed Diva Nene who got on my nerves. Bring fun, hilarious Nene back...but after a much needed break. 

Sitting here watching this episode again, waiting for Kandi's show to start at 8. I can't help but laugh at Cynthia trying to control Bailey at Velvet's funeral. He seems to be saying "I didn't sign on for this. Unhand me, woman!"