Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: The Judas Wolf

But man, the scene with Henry and Matthias at the tree - that wrecked me.

My lord, that was a powerful scene.  The grief was just palpable.  Love it when Mathias shows more of a range of emotion and Henry hugging that poor little boy.......man, those were three hanky scenes.

I wish someone had taken both that guys kidneys but left him his stone cold heart.  What a jerk.

• Love 4

I was so sad when the boy killed himself. I think Henry would have been a great foster parent. He cares so much about people even when he has problems of his own that are dominating his life right now.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I wish someone had taken both that guys kidneys but left him his stone cold heart.  What a jerk.

What I didn't understand or maybe what didn't ring true was how the guy signed the waiver and let the son who took his kidney get away with it. The guy really was a jerk and it seemed odd that he was fine with having been kidnapped and operated on without wanting some kind of justice or revenge.  That just seemed really strange to me and not at all like how this guy would have reacted. Everything we were shown of this guy led me to think he was very self- centered with no compassion for others.

• Love 1

That just seemed really strange to me and not at all like how this guy would have reacted. Everything we were shown of this guy led me to think he was very self- centered with no compassion for others.

The only thing I could think was that he employed the Mr. Kidney Transplant and knows what he's worth so probably wouldn't get much money in a lawsuit.  And the Mr. Kidney Transplant knew Mr. Stoneheart's dad so maybe there is a tiny kernel of good in him?  It did come off as odd.

I wonder if Mathias will dump some of the drug overdoses on Jacob's doorstep.  Jacob seems to think those checks will solve things but obviously the 5 drug overdoses after the checks went out mean they contributing to an existing problem.  Maybe funneling that money into a mental health/addiction treatment facility might be a better way to go.

These are complex programs that exist in real life on the rez.  Not easy to solve by throwing money at them.

We're seeing this season on tv now (at last!) in the UK, and I don't think anyone has mentioned on here (up to this point in the season) that Henry uses contractions when he's being Hector.  A couple in a previous episode and a couple in this one.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, catsitter said:

We're seeing this season on tv now (at last!) in the UK, and I don't think anyone has mentioned on here (up to this point in the season) that Henry uses contractions when he's being Hector. 

Interesting, I never noticed that!  I will have to watch again.  Good catch!

• Love 3
On 10/6/2017 at 5:15 PM, catsitter said:

We're seeing this season on tv now (at last!) in the UK, and I don't think anyone has mentioned on here (up to this point in the season) that Henry uses contractions when he's being Hector.  A couple in a previous episode and a couple in this one.

Well, Hector's vocabulary was definitely a shade more basic than Henry's....  ;)

On 10/6/2017 at 5:57 PM, Kohola3 said:

Interesting, I never noticed that!  I will have to watch again.  Good catch!

Ditto.

• Love 1

I just realized that I missed some of the season 4 and 5 episodes. My heart still hurts from Migan's suicide. Henry's pain and cry when he saw Migan. Matthias and Henry's heartbreak and grief made me tear up. To lose a child and to know that he gave up on life. Stellar performances from talented actors. It is so wrong that more people didn't watch Longmire.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Matthias and Henry's heartbreak and grief made me tear up.

I can't remember being so shocked at a scene before. I was crying harder than Henry and Matthias, I swear.  And while it's hard to hear, LDP and ZM were doing the chant in the background.  It was written by their technical adviser, Marcus Red Thunder, just for this scene.

• Love 2