Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Since the End of the Year Banquet is coming up on 3/24, who do you think will be Vet and Rookie of the Year. I say Holly, Jacie, Danielle and Angela for Vet, and Amy (made Show Group,) Mary or Robin for Rookie.

Mary won ROTY last year!

Holly Arielle won ROTY so it will be interesting to see if she gets vet of the year! Didn't Jacie win ROTY too? I feel like it will be between them but I could also see Angela. 

I will be shocked if ROTY is not KaShara.  She seems to be adored by absolutely everyone, rookies and vets, plus she was one of like two rookies who got the Abbey Bear, right? (her and Bess...am I forgetting someone?) 

But who knows - Mary was a huge shock to me winning last year because they barely showed her on the show and she wasn't even that visible on social media. 

Holly Arielle won ROTY so it will be interesting to see if she gets vet of the year!

Do they usually choose the same person for vet of the year and pro bowl? Seems like it would be nice to spread it around a little. Let somebody else have it since Holly got the trip to Hawaii.

Wonderful why Paige quit before the end of year banquet? That seems odd. She must have Johan a conflict of interest or something for the sudden cut off. Why not just retire?

I'm sure she didn't "quit." She's retiring this year. I'm guessing b/c she didn't make a special announcement before she changed her DCC profile, that means she "quit." She ended her tenure just like the rest of them, if you ask me.

Nicole got both last year, but I agree- let someone else have a chance.

Holly or Jacie for VoY; Megan or Kashara for RoY

I agree.

Paige's appearance (or not) at the banquet will be a big clue as to whether she resigned from the team. If she isn't there, I'll take it as evidence that she quit. Of course, if she is there, that isn't proof either way, really. In most organizations, when you resign, you are no longer included in employee activities or entitled to employee privileges. But if Paige quit for something Kelli considers a good reason, I can see her inviting Paige anyway.

Agree!  Mary was fierce but she was barely shown on tv and she rarely responds or acknowledges her fans on social media.  I must admit that I really appreciate people like Holly and even alums like Cassie who respond and acknowledge they’re public figures.

You can’t just sit and be adored by fans … give a little love back 
That’s my biggest complaint about Melissa … makes her seem cold and indifferent which she likely is not

Holly Arielle won ROTY so it will be interesting to see if she gets vet of the year! Didn't Jacie win ROTY too? I feel like it will be between them but I could also see Angela. 

I will be shocked if ROTY is not KaShara.  She seems to be adored by absolutely everyone, rookies and vets, plus she was one of like two rookies who got the Abbey Bear, right? (her and Bess...am I forgetting someone?) 

But who knows - Mary was a huge shock to me winning last year because they barely showed her on the show and she wasn't even that visible on social media. 

I would love to see Angela win.  I felt so badly for her that she didn't make show group...

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad for them and wish them all well. They all had a good career with DCC, and there's a lot to look forward to in retirement. I'm sure they're excited to being able to call their time their own again, to spending more time with loved ones, eating what they want, wearing their hair the way they want, not getting weighed each week, living with less scrutiny, etc. And maybe some will be all stars and still be able to do some DCC things without all of the intensity and time constraints.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I wonder who will be all stars?? I can't imagine all the girls who did it last year will still be interested (like Jackie, Mia-she's getting married, Meagen McVay, etc.)  Maybe Emma will do it again since I bet Holly will be an all star and they are BFF.  I could see Kelsey doing it too since she will still be in area.  

She certainly did. Maybe she's just ready to grow up and not be just a cheerleader anymore.

I was just curious if anyone knew if she was engaged, returning to school, moving- anything like that. I don't follow social media very closely.

Anyway, would be good to see her as an All Star

Yeah, Jacie is the retiree that surprised me the most. She hasn't had any injuries (that I know of), and seemed like the perfect DCC to take point next year. Was she going to school? Maybe she graduated.  Maybe she got a great job offer or a terrific promotion that would take up much more of her time. I wonder if we'll ever know. :) 

I hope we find out though... I feel so invested lol.  Was she engaged?

Yeah, Jacie is the retiree that surprised me the most. She hasn't had any injuries (that I know of), and seemed like the perfect DCC to take point next year. Was she going to school? Maybe she graduated.  Maybe she got a great job offer or a terrific promotion that would take up much more of her time. I wonder if we'll ever know. :) 

I hope we find out though... I feel so invested lol.  Was she engaged?

I don't think Jacie's engaged. That's the sort of thing that usually crops up here if she was.

Maybe it is a job thing...  Is she from Texas? If she isn't, maybe she wanted to move back home.

I wonder what happened with Loren. She posts really nothing on social media but she got engaged right after she made the team but now doesn't wear a ring. They had dated a long time.

Apparently!  I personally think that one day people will stop giving a hoot who you are so might as well return the adoration and fandom by being nice and engaging with people.  People can be brands and it's important to foster and engage with your "customers".  Just my opinion.

Actually, you can.

https://instagram.com/p/BCwpiiERPgB/

https://instagram.com/p/BCwqfomxPg-/

Super cute, they all look great but Kat does mess up a bit.

I think Danielle looks a bit 'softer' in this than the other.. not soft as in fat or anything. But her plié isn't as deep.

Certainly nothing against Danielle as she is my Fave. Her, Kelsey and Brittney Scram were my ultimate DCCs!

Just an observation.

Wish we'd seen more of KaShara on the show, I really like her.

I actually thought Kat looked great in those videos! I didn't even know who it was at first.  Of course it is not a super hard routine but she has some cute inflections in it.  All of them looked great, in my opinion. LOVE seeing some clips of Danielle dancing! She doesn't seem to post them as much and I love seeing her dance. 

I actually thought Kat looked great in those videos! I didn't even know who it was at first.  Of course it is not a super hard routine but she has some cute inflections in it.  All of them looked great, in my opinion. LOVE seeing some clips of Danielle dancing! She doesn't seem to post them as much and I love seeing her dance. 

I agree they all looked great, I certainly wasn't saying Danielle isn't a good dancer. I guess my past dance training just picked up on that observation. Personally I like it when the moves are not over the top and the 'popping' becomes too exaggerated.

I also think Kat looked great.. Kat for rookie of the year!!!!

Kat just seems too loosey goosey and all over the place for me.  She's definitely not in the same league as the other for dance but I appreciate that it's not her style. 

Also, maybe I'm in minority, but I also don't find Danielle a great dancer either.  She's not on par with a Megan, Jenn K or Melissa.  There's just something super choppy and forced about her movements.

https://instagram.com/p/BCwpiiERPgB/

https://instagram.com/p/BCwqfomxPg-/

Super cute, they all look great but Kat does mess up a bit.

• Love 1

I thought Danielle looked amazing in that clip. She's got a smoother style than the others, but to me her performance looked very polished. Liked her facial expressions; a bit of a sultry pout. I thought they all looked good.

I never used to give Jessica enough credit...I always thought she was beautiful and so sunny but watching her dance in a number of videos this past year (including one outside of the stadium with her group)...WOW. She is really good and has such a great style.  Her hairography is always on point LOL 

And agree with kaedee on Danielle...I love how she dances, especially in that clip. To each their own :) 

ughs - reminds me I need to try and cut out the sweets and carbs (as I stuff another piece of chocolate in my mouth smh). 

Girls are gorgeous of course ... I don't know what it is about Jenn K - she's super talented and obviously pretty but something stops her short of being gorgeous.  I think her face or her eyes are uneven .. so one side droops more than others. 

Whatevs - she's still much prettier and more talented than most people (me included!)

Lots of photos here from swimsuit fittings today!! 

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders

Looks like twenty three girls will be trying out again. Kelli and Judy said on a live Facebook chat thirteen rookies will be re-auditioning. Ten veterans and thirteen rookies.

Is that all the rookies? How many made the team? 

ETA: I looked it up, looks like 14 made it so one of them is not trying out again...I think it's Amy Trader.  She put in her IG profile DCC 2015-2016. 

Edited by LaurenBrook

I thought maybe Jax but she said on her twitter about being excited for swimsuit fittings...Amy L? I know so little about her, and Claire.  

I know Stephanie has been talking about the Suja Juice cleanse so she will be there...surely Robin and Megan are coming back.