Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Tropic Thunder

5 episodes in and I love Anne, I love how "old school" she is, I like her cats, I love her old gal jewelry, I love her "old" furnitures (won't have that home but I like how she doesn't feel compelled to change), she really seems to not give a fuck about anybody's opinion but in a lighthearted yet don't cross her way... she's so likeable that I'm willing to forget about those desatrous furs she's still keeping instead of selling them to another asshole with money and no conscience. That Rohan (?) child is already working her as hard as he can for that champagne inheritance, isn't he?

Angela is something else. What is she? Really? Maybe she's an alien sent from another planet to lure us to do something... Her speaking voice, her eyes, everything is so controlled, she has to be either alien or robot. When she said to her help she had to "chillax before seeing the girls", I visualized her pluged to the wall. I can't read Leah either. Obviously, home girl has seen too much of Gossip Girl before leaving France but after that, well, she seems perpetually confused. I thought it was because she wasn't comfortable speaking english (can't blame her!) but even when she was talking french to Anne, it was the same... 

Julia is so fucking dumb and bullyable it's painful to watch, she reminds me of Alexis from the OC ; Michelle is kind of cold and I don't know if her accent is affected or not but it's getting on my nerves ; Louise is average for a Real Housewife, I keep forgetting about her. Gilda is the queen of them all. Thank god she drop the blond hair I've seen her with on some photos, she looks spectacular. In that preview, she's even beautiful crying, how hard is that?

I can't wait for next week : Real Housewives + boat = disaster.

• Love 4

Love Love love Anne.. and most of the girls, especially Gilda. 

Angela can go get bent. That chick acts like she's on the beauty pageant stage at all times. You're right about wondering if she's really a robot.

I feel horrible for Angela's assistant. She's an intern. In American so I don't know the rules in NZ but are interns unpaid there? If so, Angela is just a broke bitch trying to look important... And she's failing miserably. 

I loved the scene where she's telling her assistant to get something done before dinner. Assistant asks Angela to look at something she finished and Angela responds that she won't get to it that night. Well then...why was it so urgent she come with you? You know she can slave away from the computer from her own  home.

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 2

I can't wait for social media to catch up with Julia. She calls Michelle a 'boat n****r' next episode. I had no idea that was coming from the previews attached to this epi. But that's it. I'm done. There had better be consequences for that comment, and by that I mean one of those crooked canes you see in cartoons, yanking her stringy neck offstage for good. Way to represent, Auckland! Prior to this it was Melbourne for showing the disgraceful underbelly of casual racism in Australia via Lidiot. And I want her gone, never to be seen again also. THIS was a line that just doesn't get crossed. 

And Angela is a creepy unit. She seems to have studied an illustrated HR manual for facial expressions and she deploys them during all her interactions. She comes off wooden and weird. And her relationship with Lea looks really exploitative to me, especially if that young girl is not being paid. And I don't count free board in Angela's linen cupboard as being paid. It's a relationship that is disadvantageous to Lea. She is isolated, overworked and trotted about by her hellhound of an employer like this month's must have accessory. And Angela laying so much guilt on her for the car accident and keeping her 'brand' going because that's apparently a 'twinty four sivin' job according to Angela. She is the type of employer that thinks hauling Lea along for a pedicure counts as a benefit or part of her wage or time off. Lea needs to leave. Similarly, Lea gets to come to Port Douglas, where she hauls Angela's bags and is installed as Angela's 'twintyfour sivin' inhouse tea and drink making maid. Angela will be patting herself on the back for being a generous employer, NO! , a generous *friend* to Lea, whereas Lea will be feeling hot, uncomfortable, lonely, overworked and most importantly isolated. Isolation being the hallmark of abusive relationships. Good on Anne for stirring the pot and asking Lea to spill in French. The look on Angela's face because there is a difference between having the cachet of 'possessing' a French PA and actually speaking the language or knowing anything about France. It was gratifying watching Angela squirm because she couldn't control the situation. And her self aggrandizing THs! She tells us she is a wise person and people can learn so much from her! Utterly no concept that no one wants anything she might have to say rammed down their throats. She's been told to back off and be herself, but she cannot stop getting in her own way. Upstaging Louise by organising an activity, the helicopter trip to the rainforest for some hokey spurutchooull yoga....no one else wants that. You can feel them all deflating at the prospect through the screen. The others should crack some booze and cocktails on the verandah and watch Angela on her knees in the rainforest tossing leaflitter around her head with that goofy big chin grin she does, eyes turned spurutchooully to the heavens. With a big leech stuck to her plus sized arse. And no Lea to pull it off because Lea is locked in the villa with Angela's brand. 

Julia needs to go. Really. No one can countenance her getting a cheque for calling someone 'n***' in the name of entertainment. 

• Love 5

Oh gawd, watching poor Lea struggle with all of the bags after following behind in a taxi was horrible and hilarious. Horrible for Lea and hilarious because Angela doesn't have any clue that when she isn't coming across as an alien beauty pageant robot, she's an insufferable hose beast. When Angela does her weird blank smile, I'm not sure if she's been lobotomized or uploading intel to her alien overlords. I'm hoping someone called the French Consulate to free Lea.

Angela, the moron, needs to realize throwing her weight (pun not intended) around by dragging her PA along doesn't show her to be an in demand business woman, but an obnoxious asshole who likes lording things over others. We've never seen Bethenny Frankel, Lea Black, Heather Thomson, Ramona Singer, Jill Zarin, or Lisa Vanderpump some of the richest housewives or housewives with continuously operating businesses bedevil their assistants like this when they go on trips. Why does Angela need to?

It's good to know that it doesn't matter how old they are or what city, state, country, or continent they live in that Real Housewives will always fight about room arrangements.

Loved loved loved Gilda calling Julia the buy one get one half off deal. 'Cause she is.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:29 AM, Pollock said:

5 episodes in and I love Anne, I love how "old school" she is, I like her cats, I love her old gal jewelry, I love her "old" furnitures (won't have that home but I like how she doesn't feel compelled to change), she really seems to not give a fuck about anybody's opinion but in a lighthearted yet don't cross her way... she's so likeable that I'm willing to forget about those desatrous furs she's still keeping instead of selling them to another asshole with money and no conscience. That Rohan (?) child is already working her as hard as he can for that champagne inheritance, isn't he?

The way Anne styles herself is a little old school, but Cartier Panthere isn't dated. No one would call animal print old school. I feel like the Cartier Panthere can be styled up or down. Uptown or downtown. Pseudo-punk or chic.

Rohan reminds me of this kid who lives next door to my parents. When his family moved in, my mum called and said that I had to meet the little boy who lived next door. My folks said their neighbor was like an old man in a 9 year old's body. I met him about a year after that conversation. I'll add that he had some how internalized Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People without ever reading it. I was visiting home and my mum had the neighbors over. This little boy insisted that he bring flowers and sparkling water for lunch. When he met me, he said "HunterHunted, it's a pleasure to meet you. HunterHunted." At the end of lunch, he said "It was a delicious lunch. HunterHunted's mom, as always, it's a delight." He's a weird kid. I was talking to his mom and she said that he's been weird and strangely too adult since birth. When he was 3, he wanted business cards for Christmas. His parents thought he was joking until they heard him playing and sing-songing that he was going to get "in boss business cards" for Christmas. His parents had to scramble to have some embossed business cards made that said "neighbor kid   recreation, business, and technology solutions." Had I never met my parents' neighbor, I would have thought that Rohan was a put on.

Ooooof at Anne saying her head swelled up like a Mongolian. Ugh, which leads us to....

I can't wait for next week : Real Housewives + boat = disaster.

This is only going to be a shit show.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
On 9/25/2016 at 0:38 AM, queenjen said:

Julia needs to go. Really. No one can countenance her getting a cheque for calling someone 'n***' in the name of entertainment. 

This must be why Julia was so insistent on having the upstairs bedroom.  She didn't want to sleep near those she feels she is superior to.  I bet it killed her to even share the villa with them.

Really like  Anne.  Like her jewelry too.  Love she admitted having an affair.  And then Angela idiot has to chime in she had one too, at age 17,  with a 20 year old.  Isn't that just stealing a boyfriend from another girl?  I don't think any of them were married. Of course, I bet she made it up anyway.  I can't see anyone wanting to hit that cyborg.

Best thing for this episode was Anne and Rohan.  I got a kick out of their relationship and could have spent the hour watching them at lunch.

Did Julia say she was a model at one point?  She is so damn uncomfortable in her own body.  And going back to last week with the sex toys?  WTF?  What was the point of that?  It had nothing to do with anyone being uptight.  It was downright gross.  You love your toys?   Great!  Do I want to see them?  Nope, that's why they should be stored in your bedroom drawer like everyone else.

• Love 2

I still think that Lea is acting a part, and the whole put upon French PA is all for the show. Angela looks and acts like she is under the influence of a horse-sized dosage of Xanax. She is not doing her brand any favors. 

I like Anne & Louise. Anne is old-fashioned, owns it, & doesn't give a crap about what anyone else thinks. Her nephew is adorable, and right now he is not too precious, but I could see that changing in a few years. What's cute on a 12 year old can be creepy on a 16 year old. 

Julia and her bank account  husband have no chemistry. And she was being such a brat about the bedroom situation in Port Douglas. While it makes more sense for Michelle and Gilda, supposed best friends, to have rooms on the same floor, why not take this as an opportunity to get to know Michelle better? (My thought before watching the next ep)

Pretty sure Gilda should have taken a big swig of her cocktail at the boob job toast. And Julia never dyeing her hair? I guess highlights don't count. 

• Love 1