Type keyword(s) to search

The Killing Of JonBenet: The Truth Uncovered (A&E)

53 minutes ago, glowlights said:

The Ramsey attorney has been on a little Twitter rampage. Among other things, he said CBS has been warned the Ramseys will sue if Burke is accused. I suspect CBS knows a thing or two about what they can and cannot air, legally speaking.

Ahhh, interesting. Thanks for sharing. It does seem like they're dancing around it a bit.

• Love 1

I'm so confused....there was a show on last night on CBS called The Case of:  JonBenet Ramsay   the second half is on tonight.  Is that the same show that you are talking about?  

I only watched the first hour, but it seemed to be coming down hard on the Ramsays.  Interviewed the lady who received the 911 call and did a lot of analysis of the tape to extract muffled comments made after Mrs. Ramsay thought she had hung up the phone.  They had a forensic linguist analyze the ransom note.  They tested how long it would take to print out the ransom note (more than 20 minutes). 

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

I'm so confused....there was a show on last night on CBS called The Case of:  JonBenet Ramsay   the second half is on tonight.  Is that the same show that you are talking about?  

I only watched the first hour, but it seemed to be coming down hard on the Ramsays.  Interviewed the lady who received the 911 call and did a lot of analysis of the tape to extract muffled comments made after Mrs. Ramsay thought she had hung up the phone.  They had a forensic linguist analyze the ransom note.  They tested how long it would take to print out the ransom note (more than 20 minutes). 

No.  If you read the first post in this thread, you will see it is for an A&E Special called the exact title of this thread (The Killing of JonBenet Ramsey: The Truth Uncovered).

The Case Of has its own forum.  IIRC, this will be an ongoing series, covering different cases with each season/installment, the first being JonBenet Ramsey.

There was also an ID special, also in this forum (Specials, TV Movies ) but has their own threads.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:43 PM, ghoulina said:

I'm in the Burke Did It camp, simply because I can't believe that a parent would go to the lengths they did to cover this up, and for years and years hold it in, to protect anyone other than a child. But I don't think that means he did ALL of it. Didn't the medical records say there was evidence of ongoing vaginal trauma? It wasn't just that night that she was abused? I think something might have been going on with Burke. Maybe he hit her to keep her quiet and they thought she was dead. I'm not sure a 9 year old could hit her hard enough to kill her, but who knows? It's impossible to speculate as to how it went down exactly, but I'm inclined to think it started with Burke, but a lot of the cover-up and staging was done by the parents. Probably frantically and without really consulting each other, and that's why there's a lot of inconsistencies and weirdness about it. 

It's also possible that John or Patsy caught something going on, had the flashlight in hand, everyone was fighting and arguing, gesticulating wildly, and they swung and accidentally hit their daughter. I remember the case of the Green Beret who murdered his family and blamed it on Manson-like hippies. Jeffrey McDonald. He never admitted it, but it was pretty well believe that he was fighting with his wife and the daughter came into the room and things got out of hand and he accidentally killed one of them, then killed the other 2 in the house to make it look like a break in and a murder. People will to great lengths sometimes to avoid getting in trouble. 

But, in no way, do I think an intruder went through all that, and then just left the dead body down there. 

Also, I believe the 911 call is incriminating. Patsy starts off saying something like, "We have a kidnapping". Who talks like that when they think their daughter is missing? And towards the end, you can hear Burke ask a question and she speaks to him, but their official story is that Burke wasn't up at that time. Then I believe she just hangs up. 

It's all very odd, and I could certainly be wrong. I'm open to that. But if someone asked me to guess, I'd say Burke. 

I know nothing (less than Jon Snow even) about this case, but my many years of watching L&O:SVU makes me think the brother. I agree that's the ONLY reason the parents would cover something up. Maybe he was jealous of all the attn. she got via pageants? And then <something> happened & everything just escalated??

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, TattleTeeny said:

I'm so sorry, WicketyWack & Jellybeans.

Same here (meaning, I'm so very sorry for your losses). My cousin just lost his 25-yo son & I can't imagine the depths of sorrow...

Edited by DrSparkles
unclear
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, ghoulina said:

I'm in the BDI camp, but I don't think he did ALL of it. I think it started with him, perhaps he was molesting JB and tried to silence her.

How can a 9 year old molest a 6 year old?! He hasn't even started puberty yet!! Not to mention accidentally kill her?!

8 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

How can a 9 year old molest a 6 year old?! He hasn't even started puberty yet!! Not to mention accidentally kill her?!

I was molested by my step-brother for 4 years, starting when I was 8 and going on until I was 12. He was only one year older than me. I am not going to be explicit, but a child who has not reached puberty can absolutely molest another child. Children are capable of getting erections. I'll just leave it at that. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I was molested by my step-brother for 4 years, starting when I was 8 and going on until I was 12. He was only one year older than me. I am not going to be explicit, but a child who has not reached puberty can absolutely molest another child. Children are capable of getting erections. I'll just leave it at that. 

I'm sorry that happened to you.

• Love 6

Ghoulina, I hope you've found some way to get beyond that. And I hope he understands what he did.

I don't know much on the subject but I can't help but think better sex ed for kids would help make them aware of what they're doing and how much it destroys lives. Parents and schools need to stop with this "less is more" approach.

Anyway, JonBenet really deserved better than this on-going mess of a mystery. If she's looking down on it, she's probably screaming "it's SO OBVIOUS!"

Why would the brother agree to appear on Dr Phil though if he was guilty?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ghoulina, I hope you've found some way to get beyond that. And I hope he understands what he did.

I don't know much on the subject but I can't help but think better sex ed for kids would help make them aware of what they're doing and how much it destroys lives. Parents and schools need to stop with this "less is more" approach.

Anyway, JonBenet really deserved better than this on-going mess of a mystery. If she's looking down on it, she's probably screaming "it's SO OBVIOUS!"

Why would the brother agree to appear on Dr Phil though if he was guilty?

Because he doesn't have much of a life anyway and maybe the thinking was that an appearance on Dr Phil would cause the public to stop thinking of him as a suspect?  Because this year is the 20th anniversary of the murder and there have been a sh**ton of specials about the case including one on CBS in which multiple experts came to the conclusion that Burke did it?  Because the family knew that Burke's childhood interviews with the police were going  to be part of the TV circus and his behavior in them is, at the very least, unusual; so letting the public see that he is an odd guy even today might make people less suspicious?

After all, no matter what, Burke was 9 years old at the time of the murder, so he cannot be prosecuted for it anyway.

I think the Dr Phil interview backfired a bit, though, as it made it very clear that Burke has some major psychologic issues these days. 

There's also the distinct possibility that Dr Phil paid out a bundle for the 'exclusive' and Burke needed/wanted the money.

• Love 1