Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: All Stars Snatch Game

• Start Topic

The second episode had even more drama than the first, which was ironic since it was also the "Snatch Game" episode. Speaking of which, "Snatch Game" was as epic as ever. Alaska's Mae West was fabulous, as brassy, bawdy and sexy as the original. Alaska's runway look was almost perfect except for the shoes, which should have been futuristic as well.  Katya's Bjork was hilarious. Carson Kressley's description of Bjork as "an Icelandic toddler on crack" was spot-on. Katya's runway was everything, both in look and performance. Alaska & Katya both deserved to be in the Top 2. Katya & Alaska's LSFYL to Chic's "Le Freak" was hysterical, from Alaska's awkward dance moves to Katya's simulated coke snorting in tribute to Studio 54. Alyssa impressed me as well. Alyssa's take on Joan Crawford was some of her best work and she belonged in the Top 3, not declared "safe." It looks like Phi Phi's conversion didn't last long because she's back to her old tricks, this time at Roxxy's expense. Instead of listening to Phi Phi's bullshit, Roxxy should have stuck to her original choice of Sofia Vergara, wearing a breastplate, speaking broken English and showing/licking different shirtless pictures of Joe Mangianello, aka Mr. Vergara. Roxxy made a big mistake trusting Phi Phi, but IMO that doesn't excuse Phi Phi for playing her. Speaking of Phi Phi, her and her Theresa Caputo (which had extra help) were not only mediocre, her latex runway look was nothing special either.  Detox's Nancy Grace didn't live up to her last name, but her runway was fierce. Tatianna's Ariana Grande was basic and so was her runway. Re the former, Tatianna should have talked cutesy and sung in a baritone. As for the runway, she should have jazzed it up with vampire fangs, colored contacts and blood-red lips. 

Re Adore, ITA with Ru that she shouldn't have quit and her doing so made her look weak, sends the wrong message to her fans and she'll regret it eventually, if not for the rest of her life. Adore squandered a golden opportunity that many queens would kill for. I know that Adore has had some tough breaks lately and most of the Season Premiere critiques in general and Michelle's in particular didn't help, to put it mildly, but Adore's in show business and if she wants to stay in show business, then she needs to do two things: grow up & toughen up. News flash, Adore: the industry is full of assholes and the massive amount of shit that comes with them. Michelle's a saint compared to most of them, so you had better thicken that skin, strengthen that spine & put your big-girl panties on and they had better be fireproof, for your sake. If you can't deal, then you shouldn't be there in the first place. 

I don't really understand Adore's 90s aesthetic. I lived through the decade. Yeah, the female indie/alternative artists weren't all body con, but if they were successful they were showing some of their shape. Cropped tops with overalls. Flannels over minis. But for real there were a ton of cropped tops during this time. Adore can claim that no one gets her type of drag, but it really feels like she's being a little bit petulant because she doesn't like cinchers. Also if you're doing weird drag, do it flawlessly. I get that it was a bad period of her life and she wasn't in the right head space. I wish she had communicated that on the show because her televised exit makes her seem like an immature flake.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't really understand Adore's 90s aesthetic. I lived through the decade. Yeah, the female indie/alternative artists weren't all body con, but if they were successful they were showing some of their shape. Cropped tops with overalls. Flannels over minis. But for real there were a ton of cropped tops during this time. Adore can claim that no one gets her type of drag, but it really feels like she's being a little bit petulant because she doesn't like cinchers. Also if you're doing weird drag, do it flawlessly. I get that it was a bad period of her life and she wasn't in the right head space. I wish she had communicated that on the show because her televised exit makes her seem like an immature flake.

I agree. I think we would have all liked her to let us know what was going on in her mind.  Perhaps her reasons were well known to Ru and the other girls. Maybe she did and it ended up on the cutting room floor.  I hope she doesn't regret her choice; many think that was a golden opportunity squandered.

I started rewatching this; looking back I wonder if Tatianna was thrown off by having her former Season 2 castmates (frenemies?) JuJuBee and Raven appear on Snatch Game? Those are two of the fierecest queens and they used to give her some underserved shade back on Season 2. I wonder if their presence gave her anxiety to outperform their expectations but she unfortunately tumbled.