Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Three Hearts

• Start Topic

When an undercover NCIS agent is suspected of working for the smuggler he’s supposed to be investigating, the team takes him into custody to find his true intentions. Meanwhile, Kensi and Deeks discuss their personal relationship as Kensi returns to the field.

Aaak- I did not expect that no good rogue agent to get under Deeks skin like that! 

I was kind of confused by the "conversation" at the end- Deeks gave back the knife, meaning "Let's keep it professional", right?  But then she opened the box-  meaning she was exposing a part of herself?  But then it was just another box.  Why did that make them smile?  I am literally so very confused.

And then Granger speculated that this would be the end of Kensi/Deeks partnership, and Hetty said it was just the beginning.  So does that mean Hetty thinks they will end up together?  Or just that they will continue to be great work partners?

I know they are trying to keep it suspensful for the drama and everything, but sometimes the lack of actual words makes it hard understand...

• Love 1

My feeling is that both Granger and Hetty are okay with Kensi/Deeks' relationship, whatever Their Thing is.

But I feel the need to throttle Deeks for pulling back.  Can't these two kids catch a break that last more than 24 hours?  Get some playtime with their Superhero UnderRoos? ;)

Pretty Meh episode for me.  Looking forward to the next new episode, whenever that will be.

I know they are trying to keep it suspensful for the drama and everything, but sometimes the lack of actual words makes it hard understand...

Yes.  This.  I'm not watching this show for Deep Thotz.   Let's either let them go at it like bunnies (or raccoons or whatever) or say nothing, let them gaze at each other during cases and we'll write the fic in our heads.  Enough with the metaphors.

• Love 2

By erasing his entire identity other than the current legend, she leaves him a criminal.  The only law enforcement person he can go to in the future who knows otherwise is Hetty.

Upon rewatching (yes, sigh, I have just rewatched a CBS procedural), I think the conversation Deeks and Kensi have after the interrogation is the most important -- and, thank goodness, fairly straightforward.  It makes the last exchange more tolerable.  If you're Kensi, you can't really argue with a guy who says "I'm committed to you for life" (raccoons) "but I'm worried about being too close to you now because I might make a choice that violates my oath as a cop/agent" (knife return). 

I read an interview where ECO and/or DR said that they liked the fact that their couple would have to face the consequences of a relationship in the jobs they have.  That's fine.  But real adult couples do not communicate entirely in metaphors.  It's just too clever.  I hope they stop it.

The box bit was funny, though.  Does anyone know, offhand, in which episode the box first appeared on Kensi's desk?  I imagine that was the first episode after the writers decided to play long ball with Deeks/Kensi.

Wasn't sure for awhile if Agent Paul Angelo was still good or had turned bad. I figured though since he had gotten out of his hand cuffs that when Granger and Hetty were talking about him, that he would be gone when they came back into the boat shed interrogation room. But they later let him go, his real name and records are wiped out.

I had a half notion when Angelo gave the team the "Safe Word, Flint, Michigan" it would turn out bad for the team. Olivia Brunson did seem to have more smarts then her husband Tyler. He was kinda whacky acting. I figured when Tyler Brunson was on the ground by the car that he was going to try to shoot. Kensi snipping one then later tackling a running Olivia was nice. Thought maybe she would have had a flash back or hesitated on her shot, but nope she did well.

Did like how Angelo talked about Kensi and Deeks relationship. Then later they discussed it. Kensi finally gave Deeks the box, to find another box inside. So that will be stretched again. Also Kensi wanting her gym bag back that Hetty was holding for evidence. She didn't think her Wonder Woman sports bra was evidence. Deeks said he had Superman Underwear, and Kensi said she didn't have to hear that? They are, or were dating. Maybe they didn't go to bed, but still......

I thought it was cool when Granger asked, "Beginning of the end??" Hetty replies, "End of the beginning!"

By erasing his entire identity other than the current legend, she leaves him a criminal.  The only law enforcement person he can go to in the future who knows otherwise is Hetty.

That really bugged me. The show seem to treat Hetty as some god like figure who can use people as she sees fit. I really would not be sad to see her go.

• Love 1

Aaak- I did not expect that no good rogue agent to get under Deeks skin like that! 

I was kind of confused by the "conversation" at the end- Deeks gave back the knife, meaning "Let's keep it professional", right?  But then she opened the box-  meaning she was exposing a part of herself?  But then it was just another box.  Why did that make them smile?  I am literally so very confused.

And then Granger speculated that this would be the end of Kensi/Deeks partnership, and Hetty said it was just the beginning.  So does that mean Hetty thinks they will end up together?  Or just that they will continue to be great work partners?

I'm with you. I just rewatched this. I have seen it twice and STILL don't understand. I don't know why he thinks that he will betray his cop oath by being with her...????? He would do anything for her, yes - even break the law. He would do that NOW, just as partners. I don't know why that changes. Can someone explain??

Upon rewatching (yes, sigh, I have just rewatched a CBS procedural),

you're not alone!

• Love 1

Can someone explain??

Well, there was a raccoon.  And, apparently they are very persuasive.  One raccoon I've seen recently helped save the galaxy in Guardians of the Galaxy. So, the raccoon messed with both of them and we saw the fallout.

I feel that an imaginary raccoon is as good of an explanation of any for this episode.

• Love 3