Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Fake Movies

Portia

This was one of my favorite running gags on Seinfeld. There are plenty of over-the-top classics--Prognosis Negative, anyone?  But I loved even the most mundane, throwaway references--I mean, there really should be a romantic comedy called Brown Eyed Girl, shouldn't there? Sometimes, as an added bonus, we'd get a little bit more than a title, as when Elaine read this video case plot summary for The Pain and the Yearning: "An old woman experiences pain and yearning."

• Love 2

I'm partial to Cry, Cry Again myself, but the young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk comes in a close second.

"So you cry, and then when you see the dancing, you cry again."

• Love 3

Jerry Seinfled is no kind of actor, but I love his facial expressions when he's watching the trailer for Rochelle Rochelle.  "It's about life . . . and love . . . and becoming a woman." 

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember seeing the prop lobby cards and display posters for "Rochelle, Rochelle" being auctioned on eBay some years ago.   I would have liked one of those. 

Edited by millennium

I forgot about Chunnel!

This was fueled by some very nice French wine (at about 11:00 a.m.), but the first time I rode on the Eurostar train (from Paris to London) was after having seen the "Chunnel" episode of Seinfeld, and I thus broke into random bursts of laughter hearing "Everyone out of the chunnel!" in my head.

• Love 3
(edited)

Often when we're  trying to find a movie to watch at home, I'll  scroll through the on-demand options and read the blurbs to my husband. Sometimes when a movie sounds dull or depressing, I'll replace its real description with "An old woman experiences pain and yearning." 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7