Type keyword(s) to search

Artistic Gymnastics: Stick the Landing!

Picks: Simone -- Laurie -- Flavia

Normally I would put Catalina in there, but Flavia has home court advantage. Though I would have given it to Catalina 4 year ago or 8 years ago. Actually I really think that if the Romanians were only going to sent one gymnast, it should have been Larisa Iodashe, but there you go. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Larisa Lodashe was injured (or suffering from something) from what I heard. 

She hurt her finger and needed to sit out the Olympic qualifying events. She's fine now, and in Rio as Catalina's alternate. 

Just now, HerLadyship said:

She hurt her finger and needed to sit out the Olympic qualifying events. She's fine now, and in Rio as Catalina's alternate. 

Wasn't there something about Simone being disappointed that she wasn't competing?

1 minute ago, DawnDavenport said:

Wasn't there something about Simone being disappointed that she wasn't competing?

yah i read an article when she found out she wasn't competing, she was really sad, and it was noted that it was a legitimate sadness. 

Too bad she wasn't able to compete in the Qualification trials though. 

:( Canadian girl fell 

Simone time. 

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nellie Kim lost the '76 AA to Nadia and is partly responsible for overseeing implementation of the code after '04 that emphasized difficulty over execution and artistry.

gurrrrr. thanks, Nellie. thanks a whole heap. 

My sentiments exactly.  The favoring of difficulty over everything else has screwed up figure skating to.  It used to be about more than just landing triple and quad jumps.  The entire program (skating, music, choreography) was important.

I feel bad for Simone, but it would be nice to see Laurie get the gold.

• Love 2

Sorry I just saw the colours not the order. This is Sanne Wevers from Netherlands not France :)

i LIKE her. 

God, mark faster, Judges. 

@Sew Sumi that;s what i thought too. Hands on beam = fall. they took off a whole point. but it could have been .5 - then the bobbles = 1 point

15.466for Sanne

Catalina Ponor. 
Do not approve of this leo. 

Oh Ponor. That leo is not flattering you at all. She obviously has not gay friends. Haha.

She's giving her typical stork routine I see. Her gymnastics hasn't improved with age. Of course she throws in her low to the beam work she was doing back in '04. #NotImpressed.

Edited by DawnDavenport

Loved Sanne's routine. Nice to see something new on beam.

Bummed for Simone. It looked like such a freak slip of her foot. She'll be pissed about that. I still don't think that hands on the beam should equal a full fall off the beam. That seams unfair.

Not a fan of Ponor's gymnastics. Wish Iodorche would have gone for Romania instead.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Well Catalina's not medaling either she missed a skill  and this is sloppy. no medals for Romania. 

:-( poor Romania.  Although I'm still hopeful for Laurie and Flavia.

1 minute ago, Elsydeon said:

LOVE watching the Netherlands on beam! It's so damn beautiful! Not the cookie cutter crap that most countries are resorting to these days.

Here here. no "chuck the element routine"
but Laurie is hitting it. i don't know what Sanne vs. Laurie's difficulty is but it's gonna be close. 

and she stuck the landing. 

• Love 2
Just now, Daisy said:

Here here. no "chuck the element routine"
but Laurie is hitting it. i don't know what Sanne vs. Laurie's difficulty is but it's gonna be close. 

and she stuck the landing. 

Laurie's D score in prelims was .2 lower than Sanne's in finals.

3 minutes ago, pivot said:

Loved Sanne's routine. Nice to see something new on beam.

Bummed for Simone. It looked like such a freak slip of her foot. She'll be pissed about that. I still don't think that hands on the beam should equal a full fall off the beam. That seams unfair.

Not a fan of Ponor's gymnastics. Wish Iodorche would have gone for Romania instead.

I think it's fair. 
if the beam is considered the floor - and if you put your hands on the floor it equates a fall - then it makes sense that hands on the beam = a fall. but it really sucked that she stumbled like that. 

Ponor's routine was gross

15.33 for Laurie