Type keyword(s) to search

Sabrina: Victim or Just Playing the Part?

After just reading a letter that she wrote to Gabe and Rebecca and also to address her critics of her looks on the show, I feel she is the victim. She seems to have a very good humble and compassionate Heart!

Edited by My2sense

I read that letter a bit ago too and do not see it that way. She could have done that in private but she put it online instead. She is playing it up for the attention. Even in the show all the fights with Rebecca were started by Sabrina attacking her for nothing. The reason people spoke about how she looked on the show is because she didn't look like someone trying to take care of herself. If her hair had looked washed at the very least she would have looked like she was making an attempt to take care of herself in some way. The color is terrible but its a terrible shade on anyone that ends up with that orangish look. I think for as long as she can she is one of those that will play "victim" to those that will listen to her until they get tired of it. Someone that is suppose to be recovering from an addiction and actually trying to get better would be making sure to take care of themselves. They wouldn't jump back into this mess of a show and certainly can't see them playing up the "victim" role. 

http://starcasm.net/archives/362936 

Looks like Sabrina had her second daughter on Thanksgiving. Doesn't say have an update on things with Oakley though. I know a comment says she got has her but who knows when its a comment from who knows who. LOL I just think she needs to get her shit together for those girls and stay away from doing this show in the future if they do have another season. Oh hell, this show just needs to be dumped already. 

Very cute baby.  Can you tell what kind of container the baby is lying in in that photo?  It appears to be some kind of a sign over the container she is in.

After last night's episode, I really question if Sabrina is able to parent right now.  She may need a lot more time.  I wonder if social services proceeded with an attempt to terminate her parental rights?  At some point, she has to ask herself what is best for the children.  The things that she's done, seem to indicate that Oakley is not the priority that she makes out she is. 

• Love 1

I haven't gotten far into this & am wondering what's up with Oakley's father that she can't be around her. I can't imagine why Sabrina would go near the guy alone with her daughter if this was a direct violation. She seems a bit emotionally stunted to me, but she did have a counselor so you'd think they'd help her really understand her responsibilities.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I haven't gotten far into this & am wondering what's up with Oakley's father that she can't be around her. I can't imagine why Sabrina would go near the guy alone with her daughter if this was a direct violation. She seems a bit emotionally stunted to me, but she did have a counselor so you'd think they'd help her really understand her responsibilities.

It was obvious from the show she wasn't ready to parent Oakley, let alone have another child by the guy. The problem is this guy was abusive to her and arrested for it...at least once that I can remember. He may be a drug addict as well. I have no clue on that but it could be an issue there too. She obviously showed bad judgement though by coming back to the show on top of getting pregnant by that guy again. If the counselor she was seeing is the same one we saw on the show, he came off as a big joke and wasn't seeing through the bs. There was crap she should have been called out for but the guy would just go alone with all she said instead. As well as believed the shit she spewed. Which it was a joke. I hope there was more to things with the counselor but I am doubting it. She loves playing up the victim role and did it there as well in those scenes. She needs to realize she isn't a victim and take the responsibility for her actions she hasn't yet. Honestly its no wonder her and Jeremiah got along as they did. They both are similar in those ways. SMH I just feel bad for those kids because they need to be in a better situation and not grow up to repeat her mistakes. They need to have a chance. 

• Love 1
(edited)

From what the article above says, this guy has been violent and attacked Sabrina.  I don't know much about him, but, apparently, Oakley is not supposed to be in his presence without a court ordered supervisor.  AND from what Sabrina said on the show, Sabrina was with him AND her friend who died while Sabrina had Oakley in her care.  Sabrina said that she and her baby's daddy took the friend to the ER and that's what caused the county to take Oakley again. Apparently, the death of the friend was drug related.

I just can't figure out why, with everything she's worked for, she would be hanging out with the boyfriend, who is a danger, according to the court  AND another friend who had drug issues.  Despite staying clean, you just don't expose your kids to drugs and violent people.  It's mind boggling and I feel for Oakley and the baby, because their mom does not know how to protect them.  Sad, but, I hope they can place the children somewhere safe.  They deserve a life, that I don't think Sabrina is willing to provide them. 

I was also appalled that Sabrina said that she was wanting to do home birth so that the county child protective services would not have access to take her newborn baby.  I'm not sure if she realizes it, but, you are required to legally report home births.  I'm not sure why doing the right thing is so difficult for her. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Okay; yeah, that's nuts. I'm sad for her kids, honestly. It seems like she wants her people more than her kids. She made a choice & now she has to deal with the consequences. Unfortunately, so do her kids. No doubt her daughter's been traumatized by everything. I hope the daughters will have better lives.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From what the article above says, this guy has been violent and attacked Sabrina.  I don't know much about him, but, apparently, Oakley is not supposed to be in his presence without a court ordered supervisor.  AND from what Sabrina said on the show, Sabrina was with him AND her friend who died while Sabrina had Oakley in her care.  Sabrina said that she and her baby's daddy took the friend to the ER and that's what caused the county to take Oakley again. Apparently, the death of the friend was drug related.

I just can't figure out why, with everything she's worked for, she would be hanging out with the boyfriend, who is a danger, according to the court  AND another friend who had drug issues.  Despite staying clean, you just don't expose your kids to drugs and violent people.  It's mind boggling and I feel for Oakley and the baby, because their mom does not know how to protect them.  Sad, but, I hope they can place the children somewhere safe.  They deserve a life, that I don't think Sabrina is willing to provide them. 

I was also appalled that Sabrina said that she was wanting to do home birth so that the county child protective services would not have access to take her newborn baby.  I'm not sure if she realizes it, but, you are required to legally report home births.  I'm not sure why doing the right thing is so difficult for her. 

So she tried to claim before that the friend who died was because of drugs I thought. Now its out that the abusive ex was in the car as and it was drugs that the friend died from. Which sorry but not only was she in the car with the guy she isn't suppose to be with BUT drugs present as well. To me it doesn't say she is keeping herself as clean as she tries to claim. I know during last season she sure didn't come off like she was from how she looked to behaviors. Someone that is trying to stay clean and do what was best for herself and more so the kids, she claims she wants so badly to be a mom to, would keep those on drugs out of her life and follow a court order to a T in order to do so. She showed the court more bad judgement but then to say she wanted to have a home birth of her next child so that baby wasn't taken shows even more bad judgement on her part as well. More so if she assumed she wouldn't have to tell anyone about after telling the world she was pregnant yet again and by the abusive jerk. I don't know if she gets this but to much said on a reality show with this stuff can be used in a court to show she is not stable as well. Its sad but I am hoping that baby isn't in her care either. Those kids need better and she obviously isn't capable at this point still to offer them what they need in a parent. The dad obviously isn't either. I don't want to see her cut from their lives unless she gets to the point she honestly keeps going down this path. Just such a sad situation and I feel like its one that TLC is taking advantage of by having her air it all out there and having her on. While it might be a source of income for her, I doubt she knows how to manage it but its also a source that can pay for her to continue being an addict too if she keeps going down that path sadly. I can bet that part of counseling and court orders would have included things like a job to support her and the kids. With the sources to help her find a job. Doing this show is not a steady income considering its only so much and not going to pay the bills all year or forever. This show will end sooner rather than later so then what? With Abe and Rebecca, they have his driving trucks on top of this and hopefully she does get her education furthered to do something she wants as well. It seems that while, I know many don't like them, they are the smartest in this group....aside from Kate. Sabrina needs to realize she has to do something else when it comes to income or she will be living on the streets because she already burned all her bridges and will be left with no help from those that know her. All this show is doing is exploiting her addiction and custody issues.....she is letting them. 

If Sabrina is truly a recovering addict, it would be reasonable to think she would stay away from temptation. I've heard addicts talk about experiencing a type of "high" just by listening to others talk about doing their drug of choice (especially with cocaine and heroine). Even people trying to quit smoking find it difficult to be around others who are smoking; they also get triggered by being in their former smoking area. I find it hard to imagine that Sabrina has the strength to be around the people and drugs associated to her addiction and not relapse.

I worry even more about her choice of a home birth. If Sabrina has relapsed, I fear she may be trying to hide her drug use from trained doctors and nurses who may be able to detect the drugs. If this is the case, it is much more dangerous for her baby because the baby may be born drug addicted. I hope I'm wrong about this. But even if I am wrong, Sabrina's reasoning for a home birth is self-centered and not putting her baby first. If she was doing it for a natural birth, that's one thing, but not to avoid the law.

Either way, her children are already suffering the consequences of her bad choices. One is already taken from her home (which is highly traumatic even if that home is not healthy) and the second child's birth is being affected. I just hope that baby has no complications at birth. And I hope Sabrina gets clean and healthy for the sake of her children. No child ever deserves an addicted parent.

• Love 2
(edited)

Does she live off reality show money or actually have a job? Does she have an apartment or something & live by herself, or with some kind of roommate?

I wonder if there's ever been a social worker (aside from the therapist as that would serve another purpose) - but rather, someone who could guide her on better decision making, advise her to join a 12 step program (where she would learn not to be a victim), help her get work training etc.  She seems lost & unaware of how to 'do life'. If she was given that kind of guidance, training, & support I have more trouble understanding this behavior. But if she's just out there on her own trying to figure it out, what she's doing makes sense, because she just doesn't get it; it's kind of inevitable that she's gonna mess up badly.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

gonecrackers, I would think that part of a court order to have been able to get Oakley back the first time would have been 12 step program, a job that is steady (but not this show), a place to live and prove she could manage that/bills, therapy (which we know was part of it before) and I can imagine since CPS was involved they would have a social worker involved as well. I would think though between the court, CPS and a therapist they would all be telling her the same things on how to get her life in order and where to go for extra help for jobs/place to live/etc. She knew the court order was to keep away from the guy and I am sure those doing drugs and drugs itself, as well, since they probably were randomly going to test her. I just get the feeling from her that she really believes she has done no wrong and doesn't deserve any of this. She thinks she is the victim. She isn't taking responsibility for her part in all her issues and losing her daughter(s). Then would rather take a risk of having a home birth with the 2nd one because she thinks she can get away with something. She has done nothing but show bad judgement from the get go. Its all the courts will see from her. More so, like I said before, by putting this all on a reality show. She isn't thinking either of how these little girls will end up coming across this show in the future and anything posted about her in articles. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

gonecrackers, I would think that part of a court order to have been able to get Oakley back the first time would have been 12 step program, a job that is steady (but not this show), a place to live and prove she could manage that/bills, therapy (which we know was part of it before) and I can imagine since CPS was involved they would have a social worker involved as well. I would think though between the court, CPS and a therapist they would all be telling her the same things on how to get her life in order and where to go for extra help for jobs/place to live/etc. She knew the court order was to keep away from the guy and I am sure those doing drugs and drugs itself, as well, since they probably were randomly going to test her. I just get the feeling from her that she really believes she has done no wrong and doesn't deserve any of this. She thinks she is the victim. She isn't taking responsibility for her part in all her issues and losing her daughter(s). Then would rather take a risk of having a home birth with the 2nd one because she thinks she can get away with something. She has done nothing but show bad judgement from the get go. Its all the courts will see from her. More so, like I said before, by putting this all on a reality show. She isn't thinking either of how these little girls will end up coming across this show in the future and anything posted about her in articles. 

You'd think they would help her that way, hopefully. From what she said on the show, all she was doing was drug testing & that one counselor. I hope that wasn't it because she needs so much more. She didn't mention 12 steps. Those programs can become almost a religion to people in them, especially new to recovery. Even though cameras wouldn't be allowed in meetings, I'm thinking she would've at least mentioned attending. She also would get a sponsor - someone to be accountable to; she doesn't seem accountable to anyone except the courts, but by then it's too late as she's already screwed up. Had she mentioned required meetings with a social worker at any point?

She seems 'off' to me somehow, or maybe it's how she's presenting herself on the show because we wouldn't know the whole story. I recall she said she was adopted but I don't remember anything she may have said about her family otherwise. If she took to an abusive man it couldn't have been a great family situation.

I'm not sure if Mennonites shun, but I actually agree with Jeremiah a bit (ack!), in that it may be good for her to find a Mennonite church & get back to her basics where people could help & support her. The Mennonites really vary in how strict they are, so she could find somewhere easier to assimilate (there are 'regular clothes' Mennonites as well). I don't agree that they'd hold her accountable though; she'll still always need to do the work & take responsibility for her actions.

Home birth can be a great thing, but she's doing it for all the wrong reasons. It's not like they don't know she's pregnant & most likely know who the father is, so she can't hide. And if the baby is in withdrawal the midwife will have to report it.

And yes, her plans are recorded for everyone to see.  She really doesn't think straight at all.

Edited by gonecrackers
too may alls
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

You'd think they would help her that way, hopefully. From what she said on the show, all she was doing was drug testing & that one counselor. I hope that wasn't it because she needs so much more. She didn't mention 12 steps. Those programs can become almost a religion to people in them, especially new to recovery. Even though cameras wouldn't be allowed in meetings, I'm thinking she would've at least mentioned attending. She also would get a sponsor - someone to be accountable to; she doesn't seem accountable to anyone except the courts, but by then it's too late as she's already screwed up. Had she mentioned required meetings with a social worker at any point?

She seems 'off' to me somehow, or maybe it's how she's presenting herself on the show because we wouldn't know the whole story. I recall she said she was adopted but I don't remember anything she may have said about her family otherwise. If she took to an abusive man it couldn't have been a great family situation.

I'm not sure if Mennonites shun, but I actually agree with Jeremiah a bit (ack!), in that it may be good for her to find a Mennonite church & get back to her basics where people could help & support her. The Mennonites really vary in how strict they are, so she could find somewhere easier to assimilate (there are 'regular clothes' Mennonites as well). I don't agree that they'd hold her accountable though; she'll still always need to do the work & take responsibility for her actions.

Home birth can be a great thing, but she's doing it for all the wrong reasons. It's not like they don't know she's pregnant & most likely know who the father is, so she can't hide. And if the baby is in withdrawal the midwife will have to report it.

And yes, her plans are recorded for everyone to see.  She really doesn't think straight at all.

You would think they would have set some more guidelines on things with the court in order for her to even have Oakley back the first time. I have no clue how it is in PA though how it would be in some places (and some judges might have stricter rules than others too) but CPS involved there should have been a social worker on things. Which it could be how she ended up with her taken again. We have no clue since we don't know the whole story. As well as Sabrina will spin it how she wants so she is the victim getting pity and change it the next time to something else that will make some give her the side eye. Is CPS is good in PA, spotty in how it does things or shitty like we have seen in my state over the years.

You are right she never mentioned 12 steps or anything about a sponsor. Which I get not telling everything but she is always telling us more than she needs to IMO and things she shouldn't be but that is because she is an addict that doesn't know the truth. Which then you wonder about this counselor she has and what that person is doing to help her or is this counselor just feeding into her bs which won't help her? Like I said if it was the one on the show then that guy was a joke and should be fired. 

From what I remember about her parents she was adopted, her mom has passed but she meet her dad during that FL season and some of his family. When she got into the mess she has been for years now though she had moved back in with her adopted parents during the time she was trying to get Oakley back. I am fuzzy on the details with that though but I would bet Starcasm or some site has articles on it still out there. I do know she had said she was thankfully for having parents that loved her so I don't think there was abuse in that family. So you would think going back to that would have helped but I guess not. As far as I have known they never shunned her either. Hell even Jeremiah's didn't really shun him from what his ex wife said but had tried to him help for a while too. He is one to tell Sabrina what she should be doing though with her life when he has his own issues he should get help for. I am doubting it would be best for her to go to live like that though but she needs a real rehab, real counseling, 12 step program and people that do hold her accountable for all her actions. Plus call her on the bs and show her it is. Not others on the show but people she doesn't know that she might listen to, kwim? 

I agree if one wants to do a home birth for the right reasons its fine and dandy as long as there are no issues. I am thinking she would have not had a midwife around though and tried to do it on her own or depend on someone to help that shouldn't. As you said if a baby seemed to be in withdrawal she would be reporting it. She would also be recording the birth for records and that isn't what Sabrina seemed to want from how it sounds. It seems she wanted to have this one fly under the radar. It doesn't work that way. 

Thinking about it too this baby was a lot smaller than her big sister was. I remember Oakley being a chunky thing and this one smaller sized.

3 minutes ago, smalltowngal said:

She is obviously still active in her addiction.

This is what I thought last season. I haven't watched any of the 3 hour ordeal yet and still debating it. Part of it because of her and part of it Jeremiah being on it. I just didn't see a person though during the last season that was clean and putting their life back together but someone still in that mess of a lifestyle needing help and not this show. 

I often wonder how much Jeremiah is playing a part & how much he is the way he is for real. It's good he's got a business (so it seems) but really his behavior is whacked.

I'm glad to hear Sabrina has a good family. I can understand Rebecca when she said she 'felt for Sabrina' the first time she lost Oakley but wants no part of her drama anymore.

I'm not sure Sabrina is actually on anything right now but she's still acting like an addict - kind of like the dry drunk thing. They stop using but act the same because they're not really recovered.

There was a doula on the show & if she really is using one she won't attend without a midwife. The doula did speak of not doing anything clinical; that's the midwife's job. She'd just be supporting Sabrina. These folks cost money too; I wonder if her family is paying.

Three hours is ridiculous for this show. I think I barely got through the first hour so far. I could probably just do more FF'ing.

• Love 1

Well I take it she had her baby in a hospital though because the pictures in the link above looks like hospital furnishings and blankets for the baby. So I wonder if she was seeing them for the show to use it as a story and asked if they would lie about things for her or what really went on with that. Or did she just have them go with her to the hospital? They do cost money, so yes, who paid for that? I am going to take it the show or her money from it if that is who she had help her or even had in there with her. Yet can't help Abe with his dentist costs? Hmmm

Jeremiah is nothing but a damn disgusting woman abuser and it will never change. He was just arrested recently for it again. He has shown his tempter issues on the show and been some what borderline abusive to others on the show. 

Agree about Rebecca. Once ok, but she has seen how addicts are with her brother in law and Chapel. She has to watch out for her family and was smart in it. It might come off bitchy but hell I am the same way on this. My sister is an addict. She was busted years ago with meth and I don't know if she uses still or not but she is an alcoholic as well. I will not speak to her and she would never be allowed around my kids. So I get it. I am talked about behind my back by my mom and sister. They both have issues but I am made out to be this horrible bitchy person because I don't bow to them acting a victim or anything else. 

I can't get over the first one was 3 hours long....what in the world? I might just wait a bit and read along here before I try to sit through it all. Plus have company next week and not making her sit through that. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

The history that Sabrina has documented with motherhood of both her children causes me concern.  It reminds me of the situation where the mother is just not proactive in protecting her kids and then they end up injured or worse, either by accident or the violent actions of another.  

Considering Sabrina's abilities, I'm not sure how she would be able to hold down a regular job AND support herself and two children.  What could she do that would pay her enough to pay for rent, utilities, car payment, insurance, clothes, food, gas, etc.  You can't do that by youself on minimum wage, without public assistance.  Now, with the income she gets from TLC, I'm pretty sure that she makes TOO much money to get public assistance.  And I wonder if the county is going after the dad for child support?  And if the county is keeping the child, they may require Sabrina to pay them child support. 

There is just so much for Sabrina to work on.  It might take 5 years for her to get her act together.  Her kids deserve a stable home.  I wish she would think of them first.  Inept parents often exclaim how they would lay down their life for their kids, but, in fact, they don't need to do that.  Just live right, make good choices and ask for help when you need it.  It's that simple, but, seemingly impossible for some people. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The history that Sabrina has documented with motherhood of both her children causes me concern.  It reminds me of the situation where the mother is just not proactive in protecting her kids and then they end up injured or worse, either by accident or the violent actions of another.  

Considering Sabrina's abilities, I'm not sure how she would be able to hold down a regular job AND support herself and two children.  What could she do that would pay her enough to pay for rent, utilities, car payment, insurance, clothes, food, gas, etc.  You can't do that by youself on minimum wage, without public assistance.  Now, with the income she gets from TLC, I'm pretty sure that she makes TOO much money to get public assistance.  And I wonder if the county is going after the dad for child support?  And if the county is keeping the child, they may require Sabrina to pay them child support. 

There is just so much for Sabrina to work on.  It might take 5 years for her to get her act together.  Her kids deserve a stable home.  I wish she would think of them first.  Inept parents often exclaim how they would lay down their life for their kids, but, in fact, they don't need to do that.  Just live right, make good choices and ask for help when you need it.  It's that simple, but, seemingly impossible for some people. 

Sabrina mentioned DSS was seeking to terminate her parental rights. I assume they were doing the same with the children's father. If parental rights are terminated, so is child support.

(edited)
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So much this, I've seen cases while working in the field. Sadly it's so common. 

I'm not sure Sabrina will ever get it together. Every time she makes a mistake, her mindset becomes even worse. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2

Even though the cast members on this show are a little out there....I hope that some reasonable minds prevail and that if given the opportunity, they are honest with Sabrina about putting her kids first and giving them a chance in life with a stable family.  She just isn't able to provide it.  Comforting her and encouraging her to get or keep her kids in her custody, just seems wrong.  I hope the Children's services don't let them down. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Even though the cast members on this show are a little out there....I hope that some reasonable minds prevail and that if given the opportunity, they are honest with Sabrina about putting her kids first and giving them a chance in life with a stable family.  She just isn't able to provide it.  Comforting her and encouraging her to get or keep her kids in her custody, just seems wrong.  I hope the Children's services don't let them down. 

Sadly this is true but I don't think she would hear it. She says she would do anything and needs to except responsibility for mistakes but she doesn't when she repeats them all the time. As long as she is in that place to continue to make the wrong choices, do drugs and so on its better for her to not have contact with them. It will do more long term harm to them if she does. She is just far from ever being stable. I think she just doesn't understand and see her whole "all I ever wanted was a family" is her projecting what her idea of it should be. She obviously had loving adopted parents but I almost wonder though if she grew up like a spoiled brat though. She acts like it. With that she doesn't see things any other way but her's. The world is against her and she is the victim with everything. I guess because of what I have seen I just will always have a hard time feeling sorry for people like her. She made her bed now she has to lie in it.

• Love 3

I don't know if it's a matter of Sabrina being spoiled.  I think it's more of her being sheltered/sequestered her entire life and having a romanticized notion of what life would be like outside of her faith and adoptive family.  She stepped away from the life she knew only to discover that things are not as they appeared.  That being "English" isn't about wearing jeans and makeup and hanging out with boys.  That there are real issues out here.  And when she saw that her idea of what life would be like didn't match reality, she couldn't process it.  And still can't.  And doesn't know how to deal with it.  The drugs and her incessant whining about not having "support" are just a few symptoms.

• Love 1

I also think Sabrina never learned to develop good judgment. She didn't have to decide anything while growing up. Suddenly, she has to decide everything. This can be overwhelming to someone who's on a developmental level of a small child. So not only does she make bad choices that gets her into trouble, but she then makes more bad choices which exasperates that trouble. She just keeps going deeper and deeper. And she has no idea how to get herself out.

However, she has to have a true desire to learn and grow: listen to the judge, read the papers she's given and ask if she doesn't understand, and call whomever is handling Oakley's case before assuming things (like who can and cannot be a supervisor for visits between Oakley and her dad). If all she will do is avoid learning how to be responsible and make good decisions, then that will be sad for her, but she should not be allowed to put her child(ren)'s health and safety in jeopardy. It's a cold truth no matter the reason for Sabrina's reason for not taking proper care of her child(ren).

• Love 2

http://starcasm.net/archives/370375 So guess her sister in law has the girls. She hasn't seen Oakley since she was last taken except a picture sent and since the other one was a week old or something like that. She is back to her social media from what that says when really she should probably keep off it and go get clean. Says she has a "sober companion". Yet the picture in that article they took from her FP she is looking high...her excuse when called out on it was that she had been "crying her eyes out because a friend died".....while she was in jail. 2 "friends" within a year die. I can imagine she will make excuses on why if asked considering she couldn't be honest on the one in the car that died. She is VERY lucky her sister in law is will to let her see those little girls at some point too. Which I see more excuses for her crap given too and why she was arrested/the drugs. Those that kiss her butt IMO enable her behavior. SMH

(edited)

I really hope that Sabrina truly does get serious about making her life better.  Now, she says that she has nothing to lose, because she has lost everything already.  But, I hope she can learn that she does indeed matter herself and she can be a great asset to this world.  Even if she is damaged, due to the loss of her children, she can still make things better for other children.  She can become a person who her kids are not ashamed of.  If she can get a handle on the addiction, with proper treatment,s he can learn to look outside and become a help to others and not a danger.  If you don't learn from your mistakes, then they are indeed wasted time. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

What happened to the way Sabrina used to speak? Watching the episode and noticed that she sounded normal once upon a time (I forgot she ever sounded normal). I wonder if it's a combination of the drug use, stress and depression because I cannot stand to listen to the way she speaks now--it's more like whiny mumble mouthing. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

What happened to the way Sabrina used to speak? Watching the episode and noticed that she sounded normal once upon a time (I forgot she ever sounded normal). I wonder if it's a combination of the drug use, stress and depression because I cannot stand to listen to the way she speaks now--it's more like whiny mumble mouthing. 

I agree, and I think you're right that it's a combination of drug use and depression.  With all the talk about her drug use I wonder if she's getting medication for the depression.  She is a very lost soul and sad sack.  It's getting harder to watch her knowing she's not getting the proper help.  Now that she's lost the children I think she will only get more depressed and I truly worry for her.  I agree with whoever upthread said that she was basically like a child before being sprung out into the "English" world and was totally overwhelmed by it.

• Love 2