Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

www.dancespirit.com/cover-model-search

Hey guys this girl Haley Hartsfield is recommended by @ShellyB and is in a contest to be a coverall for dance spirit. I just voted for her but she is in 3rd place. I couldn't figure out how to link her IG account but if you go to www.dancespirit.com or Haley's IG page there is the link to vote. I thought it would be nice to help Shelly's friend win:) Who's with me?

She's actually one of my students!

http://www.dancespirit.com/cms-haley-hartsfield-2410043929.html

8 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

She is a beautiful girl and she is so elegant. She really controls those poses! Do you know if it is a once a day vote and when it ends. Maybe some of the DCC alumni can share on their social media. That would really give her a boost?

Vote daily until 7/15. Shared it in all my circles. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

My new fave commercial because it's absolutely me.

I spoke with a client over the phone yesterday and his name was Brendan, and the entire rest of the day I was doing her little "Br-Br-Br-Br-Brendan! Br-Brandon!" I think even my crotch fruit was annoyed and he's only 3 weeks old. ?

Edited by spazette
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spazette said:

I spoke with a client over the phone yesterday and his name was Brendan, and the entire rest of the day I was doing her little "Br-Br-Br-Br-Brendan! Br-Brandon!" I think even my crotch fruit was annoyed and he's only 3 weeks old. ?

BWAHAAA stop annoying your crotch fruit, spaz!! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, spazette said:

LMAO never too early to start annoying and embarrassing them, they'll do it to you plenty

• Love 3
2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

LMAO never too early to start annoying and embarrassing them, they'll do it to you plenty

Ain't that the truth. The other day, I took my 4 year old to the donut drive through and their CC machine was down. I said I didn't have any cash and would have to go to the ATM. Beckett (my son) has now started telling everyone "my mom has no monies. I'm so sad." Strangers, his preschool teachers, the Schwans man. Im like, "can it, kid." Lesson learned to carry more cash. 

Or the time we were at the grocery store and he dropped the strawberries and said "you gotta be f*cking kidding me." 

Good times.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Ain't that the truth. The other day, I took my 4 year old to the donut drive through and their CC machine was down. I said I didn't have any cash and would have to go to the ATM. Beckett (my son) has now started telling everyone "my mom has no monies. I'm so sad." Strangers, his preschool teachers, the Schwans man. Im like, "can it, kid." Lesson learned to carry more cash. 

Or the time we were at the grocery store and he dropped the strawberries and said "you gotta be f*cking kidding me." 

Good times.

I generally am not into kids, but I think I want to be best friends with your crotch fruit.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I generally am not into kids, but I think I want to be best friends with your crotch fruit.

He is actually very funny now that he's coming out of the toddler d-bag stage!

• Love 2
(edited)

DCC BATHROOM UPDATE:

OK gang, I need help.  I'm FINALLY getting our bathroom finished. Gotta do the walls and the floor this weekend, just finished the vanity top. I need help though:

The walls are going to be a white glaze, as is the trim and the vanity, the walls will have a horizontal navy stripe all the way around, the countertop is a a custom navy stone (custom meaning, I screwed up with the stone fleck and chalkboard paint, and it turned out ok. So CUSTOM LOL), the floors, grey barn wood. Towels and rug are baby pink, hot pink, navy blue. Shower curtain is hot pink and white stripe, the curtain to the closet is the DCC shower curtain with Kelsi, Trisha, Sunni and LOTS of rhinetones that I made.

With those things in mind, I'm wondering:

1. How thick should I make the navy stripe, and how far up the wall?

2. I have a baby pink pearly spray paint and a large five point star stencil. On an open wall, I plan to tape the stencil OVER the center of the blue stripe and spray so, like on some of their logos, you have only the overspray and the shape of the star. Inside the star I'm going to paint white like the walls, (remove the blue line) and I have a fathead DCC star logo that fits inside. Does this sound lame or awesome? I can't find a picture of the negative star spray thing, of course.

3. What can you do to decorate with two navy baton poms? Light fixture? Hang em from the ceiling? LOL what??

4. I still have my scrolling electronic picture frame with all the DCC pics I could find (yes @ShellyB you're on it! Next year...Dayton and Vic! It's only creepy if I don't tell you.), and my mini fatheads that'll go on the walls.

5. They sell etched glass spray paint. I want to do a tribute to the new glass on the studio at The Star and spray the top of my vanity mirror with this, but I need a stencil of the font. How should I do this? Anyone stencil? See attached pic for reference.

6. I have the DCC playing cards. I was thinking of putting them on a ribbon along the top of the long wall at the top as a trim. Better ideas?

Does anyone have any more awesome ideas? I will post a video tour when this is done, hopefully next week. If you think my WRITING is annoying, wait'll you HEAR me!

Welp, it's snack time. The institution likes us to have snacks so our tummies don't get upset after the meds.

etched.JPG

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3

@QuiteCalM I kinda wanna just post a thread on Reddit called "DCC bathroom update" followed by your last post and see what the Redditers would have to say about it. I don't know why but this just has me in fits of giggles. We are a ridiculous group of people here that this is what we talk about. LOVE YOU!!

(I didn't have time to read the rest of your post because WORK UGH, but I'll read it later and respond accordingly.)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

DCC BATHROOM UPDATE:

OK gang, I need help.  I'm FINALLY getting our bathroom finished. Gotta do the walls and the floor this weekend, just finished the vanity top. I need help though:

The walls are going to be a white glaze, as is the trim and the vanity, the walls will have a horizontal navy stripe all the way around, the countertop is a a custom navy stone (custom meaning, I screwed up with the stone fleck and chalkboard paint, and it turned out ok. So CUSTOM LOL), the floors, grey barn wood. Towels and rug are baby pink, hot pink, navy blue. Shower curtain is hot pink and white stripe, the curtain to the closet is the DCC shower curtain with Kelsi, Trisha, Sunni and LOTS of rhinetones that I made.

With those things in mind, I'm wondering:

1. How thick should I make the navy stripe, and how far up the wall?

2. I have a baby pink pearly spray paint and a large five point star stencil. On an open wall, I plan to tape the stencil OVER the center of the blue stripe and spray so, like on some of their logos, you have only the overspray and the shape of the star. Inside the star I'm going to paint white like the walls, (remove the blue line) and I have a fathead DCC star logo that fits inside. Does this sound lame or awesome? I can't find a picture of the negative star spray thing, of course.

3. What can you do to decorate with two navy baton poms? Light fixture? Hang em from the ceiling? LOL what??

4. I still have my scrolling electronic picture frame with all the DCC pics I could find (yes @ShellyB you're on it! Next year...Dayton and Vic! It's only creepy if I don't tell you.), and my mini fatheads that'll go on the walls.

5. They sell etched glass spray paint. I want to do a tribute to the new glass on the studio at The Star and spray the top of my vanity mirror with this, but I need a stencil of the font. How should I do this? Anyone stencil? See attached pic for reference.

6. I have the DCC playing cards. I was thinking of putting them on a ribbon along the top of the long wall at the top as a trim. Better ideas?

Does anyone have any more awesome ideas? I will post a video tour when this is done, hopefully next week. If you think my WRITING is annoying, wait'll you HEAR me!

Welp, it's snack time. The institution likes us to have snacks so our tummies don't get upset after the meds.

etched.JPG

When you are determining the height for the blue stripe divide the wall into thirds...choose either the lover or higher one. You don't want't to spilt it in half. I would opt for the higher stripe. As for the font can you download the logo and have it printed at kinkos to the size you want and use that as a stencil. I would put the playing cards into a shadow box of in some type of plastic to protect it from the humidity of the shower. You can always get someone who has a fancy sewing machine to embroider the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders logo on the towels. You can use the baton poms in the window treatment perhaps....I would get bathrobes embroidered with a star:)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rosiemac said:

When you are determining the height for the blue stripe divide the wall into thirds...choose either the lover or higher one. You don't want't to spilt it in half. I would opt for the higher stripe. As for the font can you download the logo and have it printed at kinkos to the size you want and use that as a stencil. I would put the playing cards into a shadow box of in some type of plastic to protect it from the humidity of the shower. You can always get someone who has a fancy sewing machine to embroider the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders logo on the towels. You can use the baton poms in the window treatment perhaps....I would get bathrobes embroidered with a star:)

OMG I love you!!! THANK YOU! These are amazing ideas, I will absolutely do the stencils and the stripe suggestion. No windows in the bathroom, sadly. So I'll have to keep thinking about the poms...

Didn't even think about the humidity and the cards! Back to the drawing board for them too.

I HAVE THAT SEWING MACHINE! I will definitely upload the font and embroider them all!!

53 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

@QuiteCalM I kinda wanna just post a thread on Reddit called "DCC bathroom update" followed by your last post and see what the Redditers would have to say about it. I don't know why but this just has me in fits of giggles. We are a ridiculous group of people here that this is what we talk about. LOVE YOU!!

(I didn't have time to read the rest of your post because WORK UGH, but I'll read it later and respond accordingly.)

HAHA no worries. And yes, we're a special kind of crazy. Some of us more than others LOL....

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG I love you!!! THANK YOU! These are amazing ideas, I will absolutely do the stencils and the stripe suggestion. No windows in the bathroom, sadly. So I'll have to keep thinking about the poms...

Didn't even think about the humidity and the cards! Back to the drawing board for them too.

I HAVE THAT SEWING MACHINE! I will definitely upload the font and embroider them all!!

HAHA no worries. And yes, we're a special kind of crazy. Some of us more than others LOL....

Just an idea for the cards...you can photocopy them onto transfer paper and then randomly iron them along the stripes in your shower curtain:) Do you have a cabinet that you can place the poms on top of?

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1

As for width of the stripe (I've spent a ridiculous amount of time thinking about this today) I'd measure Fathead and decide if you want it totally encased in the blue stripe or if you want some of it to stick up above and down below the stripe. Also are you going to outline the Fathead star in a small stripe of the navy blue or does it already have the outline on it? Ok I totally need to see it before I can make any more suggestions.

I like Rosiemac's idea for the cards ^^^ you could also see if you could get them transferred to the same kind of material as the Fatheads and use those to make a border on the room.

Also want to see pics of the baton poms before I can make suggestions. well and just bc I want to see them ;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

As for width of the stripe (I've spent a ridiculous amount of time thinking about this today) I'd measure Fathead and decide if you want it totally encased in the blue stripe or if you want some of it to stick up above and down below the stripe. Also are you going to outline the Fathead star in a small stripe of the navy blue or does it already have the outline on it? Ok I totally need to see it before I can make any more suggestions.

I like Rosiemac's idea for the cards ^^^ you could also see if you could get them transferred to the same kind of material as the Fatheads and use those to make a border on the room.

Also want to see pics of the baton poms before I can make suggestions. well and just bc I want to see them ;)

OK let me draw a pic of what I'm  thinking for the fathead/stripe and you all can tell me what you think.

I'll also upload pics of the fathead, the batons and the spray paints I have. One is hot pink glitter and the other is a pearly baby pink. Will take pics and upload tomorrow!!

THANKS LADIES!!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OK let me draw a pic of what I'm  thinking for the fathead/stripe and you all can tell me what you think.

I'll also upload pics of the fathead, the batons and the spray paints I have. One is hot pink glitter and the other is a pearly baby pink. Will take pics and upload tomorrow!!

THANKS LADIES!!

Can't wait to see pics especially after it's done. Though you may have to tell us where you live so we can come for tours ;)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Can't wait to see pics especially after it's done. Though you may have to tell us where you live so we can come for tours ;)

HAHA NO charge for my gals!! Hope you like dog slobber...

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

HAHA NO charge for my gals!! Hope you like dog slobber...

I'm good with that, live with it though, right now he's pouting in the corner bc I won't let him go out and chase squirrels in the yard. lol

• Love 1
Just now, Oranaiche said:

I mean I really prefer cat slobber, but any animal slobber will do.

One of our dogs knows how to hug, FYI.... 

7 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I'm good with that, live with it though, right now he's pouting in the corner bc I won't let him go out and chase squirrels in the yard. lol

Oooo I love it when they pout. Our dog sees bunnies on our walks everyday and I have an itch to let go of the leash... Just once.... 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

One of our dogs knows how to hug, FYI.... 

Oooo I love it when they pout. Our dog sees bunnies on our walks everyday and I have an itch to let go of the leash... Just once.... 

awwww hugging doggie so cute!!!

LMAO yeah I have an escape artist dog, no letting go of the leash and we have to be very careful opening doors. He stayed with my parents while we went camping last weekend and managed to crawl out from under their fence, without digging, little brat, and I mean little he's a beagle dauchsund mix.  He was whining in our faces earlier desperate to go outside and get the squirrel that was eating the seed off the ground under the bird feeder. We used to let him out to scare the sqirrels away but when we put a slinky on the shephard's hook no need, they can't get to the feeder so now he's feeling derived LOL

Just after we got him (almost exactly a year ago) he managed to get out and I had to chase him down, was in flip flops so I kicked them off, yeah running on hot pavement barefoot, I ended up with blisters on the bottoms of both feet and could barely walk for days, it's a damn good thing he's so cute and a total momma's boy even though he was supposed to be the crotch fruit's dog.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Just an idea for the cards...you can photocopy them onto transfer paper and then randomly iron them along the stripes in your shower curtain:) Do you have a cabinet that you can place the poms on top of?

You're a freaking GENIUS! I'll have to decide if I'm that ambitious on the cards... that's an amazing idea! I have the vanity that I can place them on, they'll look cute there I think.

12 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I freaking love you @QuiteCalM. I can't wait to see the finished product. If you ever get divorced, hit my husband up. You two could live in Fathead paradise together

HAHA! No way. I'm gonna ride this gravy train off the rails and then I'm gonna be old and single and obscure till they find me in my house with a dozen dogs who have half devoured me.

That took a turn I didn't expect.

giphy.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I had to join the crowd with an awesomely bad pic of one of my fave DCCs but it wasn't easy to find, still she looks like she has no neck here LOL

Omg YAAAAASSSS. I love it! Why have we never done DCC themed avatars before?

• Love 1

Since  there are folks on here who have posted about pets, I'll tell you about mine. I have two ferrets, 6 yrs old, who are quite a handful, and loads of fun.  Sadly, both of them have cancer--it's fairly common in older ferrets.  Ariel (dark one) wasn't supposed to live past last July, and Joey (albino)was operated on last January, and had a similar prognosis.

I switched vets, and the new one was surprised that they are ill, because they don't look or act ill at all. Both get predisolone, and this wonderful product call Petinic--it's a vitamin, and it's great. Oh yes, and two bowls of soupies daily ( has antioxidants, and probiotics--prepared specifically for ferrets)  

You would never know either one of them is sick. They still steal, they run around the room, their appetites are fantastic, and  I spoil them as much as I can.  ♥♥

ArielC.jpg

JoeyC.jpg

• Love 2

For those who are ferret lovers (and read urban fantasy), Kat Richardson has a series (the Greywalker series) where the female lead has a ferret named Chaos.  Those scenes are hysterical as are some of the nicknames (besides holy terror) for her: carpet shark, furry knee sock, tube rat, etc.  It's all said in love or exasperation depending on what the ferret has done.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

snipped this to move it here so we don't get in trouble, I'm a teacher too, what grade/subject do you teach @mittensgizmo and @Jaxratchet, I teach 8th grade English. Any other teachers? 

Middle school Special Ed.  I Teach English and Math.  I used to teach Social Studies but I'm licensed to teach English math science and social studies 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

It is all good :) Just got my bachelors degree in Early Childhood. I am teaching 1st grade this year. 

My BSE is also Early Childhood but somehow I could never get a job there, I wound up in middle school and fell in love with it so that's where I've stayed.

3 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

Middle school Special Ed.  I Teach English and Math.  I used to teach Social Studies but I'm licensed to teach English math science and social studies 

You're awesome!!! SpEd teachers are amazing! 

@Dopeydwarf They're so cute!!! I love ferrets but hubby doesn't want one though I keep asking. He's pretty particular about pets, something to do with being a vet smh lol

• Love 3

@ByTor who is that blondie gal in your pic?

On 6/23/2017 at 8:33 PM, Dopeydwarf said:

Since  there are folks on here who have posted about pets, I'll tell you about mine. I have two ferrets, 6 yrs old, who are quite a handful, and loads of fun.  Sadly, both of them have cancer--it's fairly common in older ferrets.  Ariel (dark one) wasn't supposed to live past last July, and Joey (albino)was operated on last January, and had a similar prognosis.

I switched vets, and the new one was surprised that they are ill, because they don't look or act ill at all. Both get predisolone, and this wonderful product call Petinic--it's a vitamin, and it's great. Oh yes, and two bowls of soupies daily ( has antioxidants, and probiotics--prepared specifically for ferrets)  

You would never know either one of them is sick. They still steal, they run around the room, their appetites are fantastic, and  I spoil them as much as I can.  ♥♥

ArielC.jpg

JoeyC.jpg

AAAH  they're so cute! My doodle wants to play with them! Not eat, play with. She plays with everything from pine cones to bunnies. So sorry to hear they have cancer though. :-(

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

LOVELY! How do you get your hair that light?? I have a hell of a time getting mine up there.

Thanks!  The light in that room made my hair look slightly lighter than it is, but it's from good ol' fashioned foils with bleach.  Hence why my hair is so damn dry!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Thanks!  The light in that room made my hair look slightly lighter than it is, but it's from good ol' fashioned foils with bleach.  Hence why my hair is so damn dry!

I hear THAT! My hair is like straw.

• Love 1
(edited)

@QuiteCalM, is that you?  You look awesome, great hair!  I wish I could do that!

So last evening I went grocery shopping. There was a girl, I would guess 15-16 years old, who started dancing in the produce department.  And when I say dancing, I mean doing leaps, pirouettes...dancing dancing.  I was like hmmmm alrighty then, and then, while dancing, she started belting out "My Heart Will Go On."  I have no idea what the hell was up with her!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

I hear THAT! My hair is like straw.

Yeah this is why I have about two inches of roots showing right now, TG they're still blonde just a darker shade so it's not insisted noticeable. Been thinking about going strawberry blonde again but not sure I wanna deal with the maintenance plus I like my light blonde.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@QuiteCalM, is that you?  You look awesome, great hair!  I wish I could do that!

So last evening I went grocery shopping. There was a girl, I would guess 15-16 years old, who started dancing in the produce department.  And when I say dancing, I mean doing leaps, pirouettes...dancing dancing.  I was like hmmmm alrighty then, and then, while dancing, she started belting out "My Heart Will Go On."  I have no idea what the hell was up with her!

Shore is! Thought I'd copy you. 

Hahaha I'm dying!! Youth. The kids need a *LOT* of attention these days. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Cocaine is one helluva drug.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hahaha I'm dying!! Youth. The kids need a *LOT* of attention these days. 

Of course when I saw this happening my mind went to this board.  I thought about comments made (by me also) about Holly being an attention monger, and thought to myself "geez, I bet even Holly never would have done this" haha.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Of course when I saw this happening my mind went to this board.  I thought about comments made (by me also) about Holly being an attention monger, and thought to myself "geez, I bet even Holly never would have done this" haha.

Hahaha OMG exactly. To tell you tha truth, the showboating thing is kind of getting old for me as well. So we concur. 

• Love 1