Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Roosevelt

The Commodore invites the Roosevelts to Bellacourt Manor and tries to convince Teddy to pick Frederick as his vice president; Lillian sets her sights on FDR; Beatrice makes a connection with Eleanor; Peepers contends with a servants' strike.

(edited)

Too bad Jason didn't really have an opportunity to interact with his brother from Joan of Arcadia, Michael Welch.

I loved Roosevelt deciding that he wanted Fredrick as his Vice P because no one would ever assassinate him if Fredrick could end up President. 

Eleanor was a smooth operator. Damn girl. Poor Hortense.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

As much as I admire the real life Roosevelts for their extraordinary contributions to history, I loved that young FDR was portrayed as a dickish frat boy.  Especially liked the totally un-PC mocking of Chair in the wheelchair.

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Eleanor was a smooth operator. Damn girl.

I know! This whole episode cracked me up so much.  I respect the Roosevelts, but it was so much seeing them crazied up for this show.  Lillian trying to make a simple sandwhich by herself nearly broke her, lol.

Fredrick's horrible negotiation skills (handing over the gun) was comedy gold.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying these "historical episodes" that they're doing this season. Like Harriet Tubman in the season premiere and now the Roosevelts in this episode. I think there's an episode later in the season where Cedric the Entertainer plays Scott Joplin. Natasha and Riki talked about that when they were on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast. 

I'm enjoying the historical episodes, too.  Ben Stiller as Ponzi was one of my favorites last season.

Loved the Roosevelts.  Michael Welch reminds of a younger, American Alan Rickman.

LOL at Frederick inadvertently giving the servants exactly what they wanted.

• Love 1

The Roosevelts were hilarious and perfectly cast.  I loved everything, from Franklin being a dick (and mocking Chair being in a wheelchair), Eleanor being into Beatrice, and Teddy wanting Fredrick to be his VP, because he knows no one would try and assassinate him, if they knew that idiot would become President!

Taft being drunk and so heavy that he traps Lillian was a bit more obvious in the humor department, but I did like the "homage" to 127 Hours, when Lillian had to cut off her sleeve.

Fredrick ending the strike just by giving them everything they servants wanted, was hilarious.  Jason Ritter is really becoming one of my favorites on this show.

A little bummed we didn't much of Peepers having to deal with being the only butler, but I did enjoy the brief scene of him in the kitchen, freaking out.

Oh, Garfield.  Never accept anything from Hamish: wherever it be drinks or advice on women.

• Love 3

I didn't think Beatrice would catch on to Eleanor coming on to her, and then they just go at it. I don't know how the women didn't crack up with all the skirts they had to dig through. 

FDR as a total jerk was hilarious. Especially mocking Chair in the chair, obviously. 

I was hoping we'd get a Taft stuck in the tub joke, but I think making Lillian cut off her sleeve was funnier. 

When did FDR get polio?