Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Season 7 Speculation Discussion

• Start Topic

I have no problem with Jon killing Olly because Olly killed him once and it made sense to eliminate everyone involved with the conspiracy to murder Jon.  You have to be able to trust your brothers to not literally stab you in the back.  Jon's safety and his goal of protecting everyone from the White Walkers were in danger because of the conspiracy.  They were focused on the past threat and not taking seriously the current more dangerous threat.  

The last episode made it clear that the wall is vital for protecting people from the White Walkers.  So somehow the  Wall will end up going down.  How?  Will it be Bran accidentally?  Are there people still alive in involved in the murder Jon conspiracy who will somehow destroy the Wall for vengeance?

I think we will lose at least one more Stark, but I'm not sure who.  I think Jon's safe until the final episode when he'll sacrifice himself for the sake of everyone.  I hope I'm wrong because I really want Jon to have a happy ending.

I don't think Sansa trusts Little finger but considers him a useful tool.  She will keep him on her hook and not forcefully reject him because he's useful and also because she knows how ruthless he is.  He's betrayed a lot of people and gotten away with it.  Sansa doesn't trust anyone unless her circumstances force her too because she's been abused.  People are either threats or a means to an end to her right now.  The question is how does Sansa percieve Jon.  Does she sincerely see him as family or was he a useful tool to get Winterfell back?  Does she resent that the Northern Lords made Jon king and never gave her a second thought?   Is Sansa as committed to defeating the White Walker threat as Jon or does she have other goals? Will Jon and Sansa be allies or enemies?  I'm hoping Sansa will switch her focus to getting control of the Riverlands.  Arya eliminated all the older male Frays and Edmure isn't strong enough to lead.  There's a vacuum of power there that Sansa could fill which would let her strike back at the Lannisters and gain some power for herself.

I think Arya will have the chance to reunite with her siblings but will not remain with them because she won't stop until everyone on her list is dead.  She has made vengeance her whole life.  She won't be able to think of her future until she's accomplished her goal.

I think Jaime will turn on Cersi but I don't know if he'll kill her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Is Sansa as committed to defeating the White Walker threat as Jon or does she have other goals?

This reminds me that it really annoys me that we never got any reaction from Sansa to either the White Walkers or the fact that Jon literally died and came back to life. I get why they would want to avoid having scenes of characters just recapping the plot to each other, but Sansa is a character who up to this point has been completely disconnected from the supernatural side of the story, so this should have been kind of huge deal for her to hear.

Then again, that side of things was pretty much dropped entirely from the second half of the season. As much as I enjoy Davos the child-whisperer, it really should have been Jon pressing the White Walker threat during the Norther recruitment tour (it's kind of his whole thing). At least he brought it up during the finale, though again it probably should have gotten more than a line or two.

• Love 2
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Daisy said:

Red Woman's being old will come into play again (why did they show and not do anything with it

My random theory is that seven of the main characters will represent the Seven.  So she is  The Crone, Brienne the Maiden, Dany is The Mother (of Dragons), Jaime or Jon is The Warrior, Gendry or Sam the Smith.  We need a Father.  Jaime was a father so maybe Jaime.  And Arya is The Stranger because she serves Death.  Sort of.  She is unpredictable.   

And all 7 will be needed to stop the Winter King.  I kind of like it when a religion has a practical as well as spiritual application.  And having Mellisandre renounce her Lord of Light would be interesting.   

Maybe corny but we have had 6 seasons featuring three different religions.  I am ready for some payoff 

• Love 5
On 4/4/2017 at 1:30 AM, jeansheridan said:

My random theory is that seven of the main characters will represent the Seven.  So she is  The Crone, Brienne the Maiden, Dany is The Mother (of Dragons), Jaime or Jon is The Warrior, Gendry or Sam the Smith.  We need a Father.  Jaime was a father so maybe Jaime.  And Arya is The Stranger because she serves Death.  Sort of.  She is unpredictable.   

And all 7 will be needed to stop the Winter King.  I kind of like it when a religion has a practical as well as spiritual application.  And having Mellisandre renounce her Lord of Light would be interesting.   

Maybe corny but we have had 6 seasons featuring three different religions.  I am ready for some payoff 

that's actually really interesting. I like that. :)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Daisy said:

that's actually really interesting. I like that. :)

I think way too much about GOT.  Heh.  But speculation. Is fun.  

I wasn't thrilled with the last trailer.  No surprises.  No Bran either.  Or Brienne. 

I think Daavos may die this season.  Just a feeling. 

On 8/28/2016 at 11:18 AM, AshleyN said:

This reminds me that it really annoys me that we never got any reaction from Sansa to either the White Walkers or the fact that Jon literally died and came back to life. I get why they would want to avoid having scenes of characters just recapping the plot to each other, but Sansa is a character who up to this point has been completely disconnected from the supernatural side of the story, so this should have been kind of huge deal for her to hear.

Then again, that side of things was pretty much dropped entirely from the second half of the season. As much as I enjoy Davos the child-whisperer, it really should have been Jon pressing the White Walker threat during the Norther recruitment tour (it's kind of his whole thing). At least he brought it up during the finale, though again it probably should have gotten more than a line or two.

Here is hoping Bran will confirm it.  I guess we are supposed to believe everyone south of the wall just thinks of the White Walkers as goblins.  But all those wildings and several Night Watchmen saw them too.  Plus they all saw the bloody giant. I mean if a giant doesn't make you reconsider stories, what else will?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, jeansheridan said:

I think way too much about GOT.  Heh.  But speculation. Is fun.  

I wasn't thrilled with the last trailer.  No surprises.  No Bran either.  Or Brienne. 

I think Daavos may die this season.  Just a feeling. 

I'm worried about Brienne because she and Pod weren't in the last season finale, and it made me think something bad happened to delay them.

I also think Arya may end up targeting Jaime to steal his face so she can get close enough to Cersei to kill her.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I'm worried about Brienne because she and Pod weren't in the last season finale, and it made me think something bad happened to delay them.

I also think Arya may end up targeting Jaime to steal his face so she can get close enough to Cersei to kill her.

In the King in the North bit, you can see Brienne sitting by Sansa's side, so she's probably OK and on good terms with Sansa if she is sitting next to her.

24 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

In the King in the North bit, you can see Brienne sitting by Sansa's side, so she's probably OK and on good terms with Sansa if she is sitting next to her.

I rewatched that scene and the chair by Sansa is empty.  Jon is the only one sitting beside her.

I think it is telling we are all discussing the Starks and the North but don't seem interested in Dany or Cersei.  Because I don't care much.  I think the show blew Tyrion with Dany except for the last ep. 

Dany was meant to learn how to rule during her time in Slavers' Bay.  What has she learned?  Really?  Let her dragons fly free and to maybe let people underestimate you. We never see her talk to Varys alone (gah!  Thank you show).  I feel like I have a much better sense of Cersei and Jon as rulers.  

• Love 1

My crazy season 7 speculation and predictions are:

It will seem like littlefinger is playing Sansa,  as he continues his manipulation and attempt at seduction. Sansa will seem to succumb to his advances. But, the tables will be revealed to have been turned, and when Sansa gets what she wants from Littlefinger, she'll dispose of him. She'll turn around, and marry Robin of Aryn, and will reveal herself to be carrying his heir. 

After Dany's and the Lannister forces clash, Tyrion will suggest a shocking resolution: a marriage between Daenerys and Jaime. Resistant to the idea, Dany will be swayed by Tyrion's defense of Jaime as  A man completely on interested in ruling himself, and the greatest man he knows. Jaime, who remains hopelessly attached to Cersei, will agree, but only if they spare Cersei and let her live out her days at Casterly Rock.  

Back in Westeros, Arya will start to have wolf dreams. 

At the Citadel, Sam will run into Jaqen H'ghar. Jaqen is Syrio Forrell, but that part might not be revealed until Season 8.

8 more days!  I can hardly wait!!

On 8/27/2016 at 0:23 PM, illuminata said:

Anyone suspect John killed Olly because the fans overwhelmingly wanted Olly killed?

Partially. I mean, the prick-faced little shit sucked the life out of every scene he was ever in.

But there's another factor you've got to bear in mind. Ollie was growing fast. I mean, how long was Jon dead? A day or two? And Ollie is already half a head taller when Jon wakes up? A young mutineer is one thing. But a young mutinner who's going to be the size of Wun-Wun soon is just terifying.

• Love 2

I think Sam all of the sudden discovering that dragon glass can be found at Dragonstone is just a weak plot device to have Jorah kidnap Sam once he realizes the importance of what Sam knows and drag him to his queen. 

Sam has to be the fight (I don't see his or Gilly's story being sidelined), and there is no way Jorah is going to stay caged when he realizes what is really going on.