Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I edited mine, too. 

I've been having trouble with names all season.  I think it's because I can't stand how dumb the whole cast is.  Male AND female.  Lack of sleep and crazy mixed up hours have contributed to that.

For example, I used to call Z "Tiffany" all the time, because she just seemed like a Tiffany to me, so beautiful, and that name suited her in my mind.  Her ugly, useless, entitled, bunny burner, hateful, boring side finally came out though and I don't mix her up anymore.  She's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on the feeds, may as well take a nap as listen to her, so I don't mix her up anymore.

Natalie and Michelle?  For some reason I transpose those two names as well.  Michelle seems softer to my ear, and Natalie harsher, so I get why I did that.  Later I mixed up Bridgette and Natalie or Michelle, no idea why.  It's weird.

I mixed up Corey and Paulie for the LONGEST time.  I quit mixing them up when Polly parrot occurred to me and I started calling him that.

I honestly think it's that these people don't make me care about them enough to learn their names.  HA.

ETA

Didn't mix up the vet's names of course, because I already knew them, from more interesting seasons.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Maybe he will tell ONLY Natalie what it holds

They have to open it in front of everyone.

Ew at them talking about BB16 and having it all so wrong. Nicole was there and Paulie's brother was there and yet they are so stupid about it lol. Like no Caleb didn't get a bad edit.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mooses said:

They have to open it in front of everyone, so I think they'll all know. And it will just ensure it's a "House" (Paulie/Paul) decision, if anything, so that it'll be useless.

I don't think that can possibly be true.  I am guessing the box holds some little presents family or friends sent and there will be a sealed envelope that says on the outside, it is your choice to share this.  You can keep it to yourself.  It didn't make any difference with Natalie. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They have to open it in front of everyone.

Ew at them talking about BB16 and having it all so wrong. Nicole was there and Paulie's brother was there and yet they are so stupid about it lol. Like no Caleb didn't get a bad edit.

I hated Caleb in Big Brother, but he was great on Survivor. It was clear he was made for a game like that - physical, part of a team (in the beginning), able to put in a lot of work to help others out. He left because of a medical emergency, but I'm 100% positive he'll be back. 

I don't think he got a bad edit on Big Brother, though. It just didn't bring out the best in him. At all.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 7

I don't think that can possibly be true.  I am guessing the box holds some little presents family or friends sent and there will be a sealed envelope that says on the outside, it is your choice to share this.  You can keep it to yourself.  It didn't make any difference with Natalie. 

That's what they said on the feeds.  We'll probably see for ourselves on tonight's show.

1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

That's what they said on the feeds.  We'll probably see for ourselves on tonight's show.

Well, that takes the bite out of the advantage.  

• Love 2
(edited)

It's such a waste that they didn't let us give punishments too.

Now on a real season?  I'd be totally against us giving anyone prizes or punishments, and let the game play out in the bubble of that studio.  That is normally the whole fascination of this particular "game."  That and being able to watch edits vs reality.

This season?  I like ONE person in the house, so fuck them all.  (Natalie.)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

I don't know why some viewers are so jealous of the guys making a 'bro' alliance.  The girls have the very same opportunity to make an all girl alliance, and they have nobody to blame except themselves if they can't/won't/don't do it.  It isn't the guys' fault that the girls can't come together as a team.  Year-after-year the girls on this show are petty, catty, backstabbing and more interested in showmances then they are in playing the game.   The guys know that and so, of course, they're going to use that to their advantage.  The girls need to quit expecting something to be given to them.  They need to take it for themselves.  And if they can't take it, they need to fake it till they make it.  

I feel sorry for Day.  She's in a lose-lose situation.  She's stuck with a bunch of girls who are not even close to the same level as her game-wise, yet if she had tried to join the boyz, she'd be at the bottom of their totem pole.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I don't know why some viewers are so jealous of the guys making a 'bro' alliance.

Jealous?  That word does not work here.  Irritated  that yet again a boy alliance takes over.  Just disappointing that the girls could not get it together.   I prefer mixed alliances. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I don't know why some viewers are so jealous of the guys making a 'bro' alliance.

It has nothing to do with jealously. It has to do with the fact that it's boring and predictable and brings out the men's subconscious sexism every fucking season so it's also gross to watch.

• Love 20

I like Day and I want her to stay. But I don't understand why people have a problem with Z not messy up her position ( we know her position is already mess up but she doesn't )by telling Day shit.  Day have proven in the past that she can fuck up everyone games when she knows things.

Day is already keeping the fact that Paulie is playing Z from Z. Instead of telling Z so she can truly have Z on her side like Paulie is trying to do by sending Day home. Instead she is keeping that to herself and letting Paulie play Z cause she thinks that is best for her game. I don't blame her, so there is no way I'm going to have a problem with Z keeping information to herself so that it doesn't bit her in the ass. 

Day have tried to be a friend to Z as much as possible while still out for herself, even if it means throwing Z under the bus to Paulie. Z is doing the same thing. 

So I'm okay with Z trying to figure out a way to save Day without telling her Paulie's true intention.

Base on the environment in the house and how Paulie and his guys are ruling the house, I have no problem with anyone who isn't saying crap to Day. If they can't save her, there is no reason for them to risk their game by warning her about what is coming. 

1 minute ago, J.D. said:

I don't know why some viewers are so jealous of the guys making a 'bro' alliance.  The girls have the very same opportunity to make an all girl alliance, and they have nobody to blame except themselves if they can't/won't/don't do it.  It isn't the guys' fault that the girls can't come together as a team.  Year-after-year the girls on this show are petty, catty, backstabbing and more interested in showmances then they are in playing the game.   The guys know that and so, of course, they're going to use that to their advantage.  The girls need to quit expecting something to be given to them.  They need to take it for themselves.  And if they can't take it, they need to fake it till they make it.  

I feel sorry for Day.  She's in a lose-lose situation.  She's stuck with a bunch of girls who are not even close to the same level as her game-wise, yet if she had tried to join the boyz, she'd be at the bottom of their totem pole.  

I think I'm more disappointed. Not jealous. I've seen this before in other seasons. I'd rather not watch the Hitmen or Bomb Squad (was that their name?) or Brigade again. And bros bro-ing it out is not interesting to me personally.

I think Da'Vonne/Nicole could be a good team - Nicole has the ins with the boys, Da'Vonne has the ins with the outer rings (Michelle/James/Natalie). Nicole freaked out because Da'Vonne wanted to get rid of Corey, which she should want to do eventually anyway - and Corey has shown his boys come before her, so she shouldn't care as much anymore. Their interests should be aligning now instead of them gunning each other down, but it's not to be.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Jealous?  That word does not work here.  Irritated  that yet again a boy alliance takes over.  Just disappointing that the girls could not get it together.   I prefer mixed alliances. 

The word fits perfectly here and elsewhere.  

(edited)

It's that these particular men are so misogynistic and completely UN likeable.  The whole cast is.  It's just the stupidity is astounding from this alliance.

Teams screwed this season up from the jump. 

If that last VETO was running, well, duh, taller people have that advantage and Polly played soccer in college.  Duh.  I know, the wall favors short people, but honestly, very little does.

For me, I can root for guys, and I have.  I'm one of the few who appreciated Derrick, and enjoyed his finesse game, he fascinated me (and he didn't HATE women.)  I appreciated Dan's game both times, though I didn't root for him the second time, because I absolutely adored Ian.  Dan was still a GREAT player though, and so interesting to watch.  I adored Britney in both of her seasons, because she entertained me and she was funny, but I loved Hayden's win because he was SUCH a low key good player, and so focused.

I root for smart, regardless of penis or vagina.  I root for decent, not for hateful.  I root for grownups, at least grown up enough to know that strutting around and being bossy is off putting and generally game suicide.  I don't root for bimbos or blowhards.  Of either sex.  This season? That leaves Natalie.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 19

We have Derrick to thank in part for the way this season has gone tbh. He groomed Paulie and this is what happened. Fucking Derrick ruining the game for me even when he's not there!

I wish we could just ffwd to tomorrow after veto. Maybe we'll get some fireworks then. Come through, Day!

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It has nothing to do with jealously. It has to do with the fact that it's boring and predictable and brings out the men's subconscious sexism every fucking season so it's also gross to watch.

It's not sexist that the guys all banned together.  It's smart game play.  I haven't heard any of the guys say anything even remotely close to "A guy needs to win this because women are inferior."  OR "Women shouldn't even be allowed in the Big Brother house.  They should be home barefoot and pregnant where they belong."  THAT would be sexist.  The guys are living in the house with these women.  They see what's going on.  They know deja vu when they see it. Why would anyone -- male or female -- align themselves with toxic people who could only hurt their game?  I applaud the guys for yet again, doing what year-after-year the girls haven't been able to.  

Edited by J.D.
(edited)

To add on - it's also frustrating. Especially with Z/Nicole basically fawning over their "boyfriends" rather than figuring out what they'll do with them within the game. The guys are playing a good, strong game. The women are not. The women in there should be jealous of the guys' game. I'm not jealous for them - I'm let down by them. 

It's not sexist of them. They're playing a better game. It doesn't mean I have to root for it.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

Bridget has been in bed in Tokyo most of the day.  Victor went in there to talk to her a bit.  I came in on the end of it.  I doubt it was about game.   It would server her and maybe us if she would go outside and talk to everyone, especially Natalie and Michele.  

Just now, wings707 said:

Bridget has been in bed in Tokyo most of the day.  Victor went in there to talk to her a bit.  I came in on the end of it.  I doubt it was about game.   It would server her and maybe us if she would go outside and talk to everyone, especially Natalie and Michele.  

Victor told her to lay low this week. He likes her and wants to work with her. She's not in a bad place at the moment at all.

You've missed some stuff then because the men have 100% said/done sexist things. Paulie is like a walking billboard for 'fuckboy.' Victor/Paul/Jozea were disgusting that first week. 

IMO the boys aren't playing a strong game at all. Victor/Corey/Paul/James are literally minions for Paulie. They don't make any of their own decisions. They're no better than Michelle/Z/Nicole/Bridgette. I mean at least Nicole is getting finger banged out of the deal! What are Paul/Corey/Victor/Paul getting?

As for Paulie, the boy sucks at the game (minus comps). He's just lucky.

Bridget has been in bed in Tokyo most of the day. 

Do we think she's milking this injury a bit? Honestly it would be great game play to do that, but I'm not sure if she's thinking that way.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Bridgette, Day, and Nicole are all to blame for it and I think that Nicole and Bridgette would've inevitably fucked it up even if Day hadn't become so paranoid. I think Day can work with women, but I don't believe Bridgette or Nicole could ever do it long term. And it really sucks because this was probably the greatest chance we've had in years for women dominating this game.

Michelle and Z with their jealousy and back biting are also a big part of the women's dysfunction.  As a group, the women are actually the weakest ever.  Almost all of them suck when it comes to comps.  And they are more into petty catfights with one another - than game strategy.

• Love 8
Just now, mooses said:

Victor told her to lay low this week. He likes her and wants to work with her. She's not in a bad place at the moment at all.

Last I heard Victor was solidly with the Ps did that change?    Or does he want a sleep partner?  He has talked about that a lot!  LOL.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

We have Derrick to thank in part for the way this season has gone tbh. He groomed Paulie and this is what happened. Fucking Derrick ruining the game for me even when he's not there!

I wish we could just ffwd to tomorrow after veto. Maybe we'll get some fireworks then. Come through, Day!

That leads me to another thing I don't understand.  I've read time and time again (not just here but elsewhere) how Paulie's playing Derrick's game.  I personally disagree, but I'll entertain that thought to make my point.  If Derrick was such a good game player and Paulie's playing Derrick's game -- then what in the hell is wrong with that?!?!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  That again is where jealousy seems to rear its ugly head.  It's like people are jealous because the girls didn't have the advantage of being coached by a previous season's winner.  Kudos to Paulie for LISTENING to Derrick (if, in fact, he is playing Derrick's game).  How many times in our own personal lives have you given people good advise and they don't take it.... only to say later, "I should have listened to you"?

• Love 1

Because I really don't like anybody in the house besides Natalie, and she can't win another CP, and it looks like Da' will be gone before it can be used, I would like opinions on who might be the best person to vote for this week.  I don't watch the feeds, so I'll cast my votes for whoever will piss off P/P the most.  That is if there is ANY scenario where that can happen.

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

IMO the boys aren't playing a strong game at all. Victor/Corey/Paul/James are literally minions for Paulie. They don't make any of their own decisions. They're no better than Michelle/Z/Nicole/Bridgette. I mean at least Nicole is getting finger banged out of the deal! What are Paul/Corey/Victor/Paul getting?

You're contradicting yourself.

• Love 3

James and Paul talking in SF.  Perfect opportunity for James to push harder for Day.  Paul really wants Bridget out.  James is like limp cardboard.   He started to but trailed off.  He suggested putting up Nat or someone who would not be voted out next to Bridget.  He should have mentioned Michele or Cory.   Nat won't be happy if that comes back to her. 

Paul is going to put Day up regardless because Paulie wants him to.  So there is that.  James could have pushed though.  He, very softly said, this is your HOH do what you want. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She was walking around with some kind of brace on her knee yesterday.  Injured again maybe?  In a decent season, I'd be watching and know the answer to that.

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You've missed some stuff then because the men have 100% said/done sexist things. Paulie is like a walking billboard for 'fuckboy.' Victor/Paul/Jozea were disgusting that first week. 

Do we think she's milking this injury a bit? Honestly it would be great game play to do that, but I'm not sure if she's thinking that way.

They are completely sexists, and what's more?  Juvenille.  It's practically "boyz rule girl's drool."   They only respect comp wins, not gaming.  Honestly, men grow up playing team sports because gym money goes mostly to guy sports even today.  Some minor progress has been made, but not much. 

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Last I heard Victor was solidly with the Ps did that change?    Or does he want a sleep partner?  He has talked about that a lot!  LOL.

He's solidly with them.  He thinks.  He may go far, because he CAN win comps though and screw up Polly's plans.  IF he buys a brain, or someone loans him one.

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

And to think Natalie threw the HOH comp which she would have won.   Boggles the mind.  

I get the strategy, but she realizes she should have won now, and knows not to throw any more comps.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, J.D. said:

That leads me to another thing I don't understand.  I've read time and time again (not just here but elsewhere) how Paulie's playing Derrick's game.  I personally disagree, but I'll entertain that thought to make my point.  If Derrick was such a good game player and Paulie's playing Derrick's game -- then what in the hell is wrong with that?!?!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  That again is where jealousy seems to rear its ugly head.  It's like people are jealous because the girls didn't have the advantage of being coached by a previous season's winner.  Kudos to Paulie for LISTENING to Derrick (if, in fact, he is playing Derrick's game).  How many times in our own personal lives have you given people good advise and they don't take it.... only to say later, "I should have listened to you"?

Again, I think you're confusing the frustration that the HGs don't see what's going on with jealousy. Yes, I think Paulie is playing Derrick's game - he says it enough. There's nothing wrong with that. But the other HGs should notice this. He's told them! Nicole played with Derrick and Cody and should see the similarities. 

Paulie is too aggressive to really be Derrick though. Which is why some HGs are starting to see it, although they can't do much about it. Derrick was smooth and a "do what you think best" is kind of guy. Paulie is a "this is what we're doing" person. But the big thing in common with them is: they let people set the targets. Paulie just milks it until it's dead and buried.

I want things to change in the House because I don't like Paulie's personality. He's playing a good game and I'm frustrated because I want the other HGs  to open their eyes and take some action. That doesn't equal jealousy. That equals frustration and annoyance.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Because I really don't like anybody in the house besides Natalie, and she can't win another CP, and it looks like Da' will be gone before it can be used, I would like opinions on who might be the best person to vote for this week.  I don't watch the feeds, so I'll cast my votes for whoever will piss off P/P the most.  That is if there is ANY scenario where that can happen.

I am leaning toward Michele or Day if she doesn't go or has the return ticket.   Everyone else is in Paulie's pocket and it would be his box.  Voting starts when the show ends so we will know if Day is a contender. 

Edited by wings707
(edited)

Polly is not nearly smart enough to "play Derrick's game." 

He's blatantly ruling, throwing his weight around, and bragging. 

SO not Derrick.  Derrick was subtle.  Derrick made everyone think that HIS ideas came from them.  Yes, he is parroting some of Derrick's actions, but he has no finesse at all, none, zip, he's now forcing his will on people (this week Paul) blatantly.

I have hope that bites him in the ass. 

The things he says about women show his immaturity and creepy side, he's damn lucky idiot Frank pulled him in to the 8 pack, and liked him so much, or he would already be gone.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7

Polly, Paul, and James talking about Victor "thinking he's in with them" now.  Paul isn't even screaming.

Polly pointing out Day is the only "girl" that could rally opposition to the guys' walking to the end.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, mooses said:

I hated Caleb in Big Brother, but he was great on Survivor. It was clear he was made for a game like that - physical, part of a team (in the beginning), able to put in a lot of work to help others out. He left because of a medical emergency, but I'm 100% positive he'll be back. 

I don't think he got a bad edit on Big Brother, though. It just didn't bring out the best in him. At all.

He has in fact already played a second Survivor season.  So good prediction!

(edited)

I think Polly is going to keep Bridgette in longer than any girl. 

She's his kind of woman.  Subservient to a man, and "loyal" and respectful of the glory that is manly power.  She spills anything other girls say to "her man."

It used to be Frank, and Polly is more than willing to replace Frank for her, and since Frank trusted Polly so much, Bridgette seems all in with that.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think Polly is going to keep Bridgette in longer than any girl. 

She's his kind of woman.  Subservient to a man, and "loyal" and respectful of the glory that is manly power.  She spills anything other girls say to "her man."

It used to be Frank, and Polly is more than willing to replace Frank for her, and since Frank trusted Polly so much, Bridgette seems all in with that.

Yep.  Bridget is Paulie's Danielle or Victoria.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yep.  Bridget is Paulie's Danielle or Victoria.  

If it is Paulie's plan to use Bridgette as his "Victoria", but she ends up winning a bunch of stuff and taking out some people. Can she win at the end against him? Or are people just going to assume that since she was Frank's puppet she became Paulie's as well? Unless she cuts him herself? I guess that'll be interesting to see play out. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, mooses said:

Again, I think you're confusing the frustration that the HGs don't see what's going on with jealousy. Yes, I think Paulie is playing Derrick's game - he says it enough. There's nothing wrong with that. But the other HGs should notice this. He's told them! Nicole played with Derrick and Cody and should see the similarities. 

Paulie is too aggressive to really be Derrick though. Which is why some HGs are starting to see it, although they can't do much about it. Derrick was smooth and a "do what you think best" is kind of guy. Paulie is a "this is what we're doing" person. But the big thing in common with them is: they let people set the targets. Paulie just milks it until it's dead and buried.

I want things to change in the House because I don't like Paulie's personality. He's playing a good game and I'm frustrated because I want the other HGs  to open their eyes and take some action. That doesn't equal jealousy. That equals frustration and annoyance.

As for the first item I bolded, that is precisely why I believe, if Paulie keeps going the way he is, then he DESERVES to win the game.  These people -- male and female -- know he's related to Cody, knows Derrick coached him and knows exactly how he's playing.  If they're stupid enough to let him pull their strings, then Paulie's this year's puppet master, and they deserve to lose to Paulie.  And James and Nicole of all people!?!?!?  Nicole was on Cody's season and James himself has been coached by Derrick.  Yet, Paulie rules the roost.

The second item I bolded is precisely why I don't agree that Paulie's playing Derrick's game.  He's playing a variation of Derrick's game, yes, but it's kinda like Derrick's game on steroids.  Derrick was much more passive.  He could manipulate people without them even noticing.  Paulie's more assertive and obvious about his game play.  Why they haven't taken him out already is beyond me. *shrugs*

CnJQKQmUsAAB_kh.jpg

6 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

If it is Paulie's plan to use Bridgette as his "Victoria", but she ends up winning a bunch of stuff and taking out some people. Can she win at the end against him? Or are people just going to assume that since she was Frank's puppet she became Paulie's as well? Unless she cuts him herself? I guess that'll be interesting to see play out. 

Bridgette would never betray him, so if a vagina HAS to go to the end, it would be her, and she can win comps to help him get there.  Z can't.

Derrick was NEVER passive.  EVER.  He was working every single second of every single day.  He worked hard to look passive.  He gave his own moves' credit to others all the time.

• Love 2

I agree, whoever wins deserves the win because they maneuvered themselves into the position to get the majority of votes.  I don't always like the winner or respect how they got there but they did.   I don't think that is ever in question, JD.

• Love 2
Just now, Umbelina said:

James is sick.  Maybe the bad meat the other night?

Could be.  I googled that right after they smelled the meat!   It said symptoms can show up 24 to 48 hours after you eat it.  

• Love 1

Bridgette played in the running comp for VETO, so she probably fucked up her knee because of her weak/injured ankle. 

I haven't seen her, or heard mention of her all day.  Someone said she's been in bed all day.

Now she's even a better goat, injured and looking for a Penis to lead her.  Polly was smart to jump in.

I still think his game is too obvious and SOMEONE will take him out.  He should cut the bragging and bossiness back if he wants to win.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Bridgette played in the running comp for VETO, so she probably fucked up her knee because of her weak/injured ankle. 

I haven't seen her, or heard mention of her all day.  Someone said she's been in bed all day.

Now she's even a better goat, injured and looking for a Penis to lead her.  Polly was smart to jump in.

I still think his game is too obvious and SOMEONE will take him out.  He should cut the bragging and bossiness back if he wants to win.

PAUL will be the person who will do it. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

PAUL will be the person who will do it. 

I think it will be Victor OR James or Natalie if they last long enough.  I originally thought it would be Paul.  Then this week happened. Pressure and he caved.

I think Victor believes Paul is his ride or die.  James and Nat both know Polly has to go, and the REAL wall comp will come.  It's just a matter of will they still be there when it does?

Edited by Umbelina
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Paul kind of telling Day right now, but SAYING she is a pawn.

Did someone clue her in?

No, she senses this might not be good. 

11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Could be.  I googled that right after they smelled the meat!   It said symptoms can show up 24 to 48 hours after you eat it.  

Did Z eat it too?  Seems she's feeling sick as well 

"Bridgette offers to make Z something, as she mentions feeling sick. Z just woke up for the first time today."

1 minute ago, brdwygurl said:

Did Z eat it too?  Seems she's feeling sick as well 

"Bridgette offers to make Z something, as she mentions feeling sick. Z just woke up for the first time today."

I don't know.  Natalie didn't.