Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Rank The Creepiest Moments Of Twin Peaks's Series Finale!

I've always wanted to do a rewatch of the series because all I remember back then is thinking "This show is MELTING MY BRAIN." But somehow I liked that.

John, I join you in the shuddering about that final scene. All these years, it's been burned into my brain. Completely unforgettable.

• Love 2

Hella creepy... and even creepier? I watched this with my grandfather who had never seen an episode, and when The Man from Another Place was on screen and talking my grandfather said to me "Why did they turn on the subtitles?  Is it for people hard of hearing? He's speaking English so I don't understand why there are subtitles!" and was all annoyed by the subtitles... I didn't correct him or say anything, but I was screaming inside. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lisin said:

Hella creepy... and even creepier? I watched this with my grandfather who had never seen an episode, and when The Man from Another Place was on screen and talking my grandfather said to me "Why did they turn on the subtitles?  Is it for people hard of hearing? He's speaking English so I don't understand why there are subtitles!" and was all annoyed by the subtitles... I didn't correct him or say anything, but I was screaming inside. 

Yeah, I didn't even want to get into the reverse-reverse speech. So unsettling.

• Love 2

I watched most of this series on Netflix for the first time, so I was using earbuds which I really think made this even scarier. You need to feel a safe distance from this stuff, not have it pumped directly into your ears.

• Love 5

That cutaway to Leo who, even in his enfeebled state, knows he's not going to survive is for me the most chilling part of the finale. Which is not to lessen the impact of the other moments on the list - especially not Laura Palmer screaming (Sheryl Lee really went for it) or "How's Annie?", because that is the stuff of nightmares forever - but the lack of supernatural in his coming demise, in an episode absolutely overflowing with WTF-ery is what makes it so effectively upsetting.

On an unrelated but positive note, the banter between Bobby, Shelly and the 3rd waitress in the diner is a callback to their same banter from the series premiere. I thought it was kind of a nice suggestion that someone in Twin Peaks was maybe just as happy as they'd seemed before we all knew any better.

• Love 4

About three years ago, my then 18 year old son had just watched a series finale (I cannot remember what show) that had disappointed him.  He asked me if there where any good series finales that I had seen and I told him about Twin Peaks one.  Intrigued, he asked if we could find it and watch it.  I gave him a thumbnail summary of what preceded the finale and I will never forget the transfixed look on his face during the last twenty minutes of the episode.  In the end, the first thing that he said was "I cannot believe they made this twenty years ago....AND they showed it on network TV.  Last year when they announced the Twin Peaks revival, he was the one who pointed out to me about the 25 year gap coming true in Laura Palmer's comment

As far as the creepiest moment in the finale for me, the ending scene was crazy creepy and the sound work of that odd screech when Dale busts his head against the mirror is brilliant....but I may have to go with Laura Palmer's screams.  They are so off putting....so creepy....and downright terrifying

• Love 3