Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Part 17

Kevin's actions loosen John's hold on Lowry. Sally gets a visitor from her past. John decides whether to help or hinder a bust on Lowry's operations.

This episode saved John for me.  I really thought he was going to help Lowry, and seeing him do the right thing, even with the horrible consequences for that father, was a tremendous relief for me.

Also greatly enjoyed Sally telling Nolan's mom she wasn't giving her money. 

"I love you mama" (I think it was this episode....they're starting to blend) broke my heart.  He wants the right things, but his dumbass family makes it impossible. 

• Love 2

I'm wondering where that tape is - I'm assuming it's still in Lowry's possession?

I'm officially over Kevin. It's always the same with him: whimper, "I'm so sorry," whimper, whine, snort some coke, "I'll make it right," whimper, whine. He's a loser and he's stupid to boot. Honestly, John and Meg deserve a medal for putting up with his (literally) sorry ass.

I don't like Sally and I feel like she and John have been very cool towards Nolan, however, I was totally on board with what she said to Nolan's mom - whatever deal Evangeline (that's her name, right?) had died when Pa Rayburn died. The last four episodes have made me feel like Nolan's guilty by association - he's Danny's son so everyone is very suspicious of him. I understand that popping up unannounced, especially right after his dad dies, is kind of strange. I also understand that hanging out with O'Bannon and telling both O'Bannon and the other guy that he saw John and Kevin at Danny's apartment doesn't earn him trust points. However, it feels like this kid is getting the shaft. I don't know why, but given all of Sally's dithering over Danny, trying to find out "the truth" (whatever that is), you'd think that when an unknown son pops up she'd be a little more receptive. Perhaps Nolan is TOO much like his dad in appearance and manner?

It made sense Meg was fired.

• Love 9

These are the consequences of Danny; Meg and John internalize and let it affect work, Kevin externalizes and takes risks. I think the reason Meg tolerates Kevin is that she feels his pain and treats it differently. He sure has brought the comic relief, but morons like him really do exist.

When Lowry was found I was worried the perp would be Kevin. I think this was the best ep of the four this season. Glad John saw the light and that we got to see his internal struggle play out. Really well acted.

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Maysie said:

I'm officially over Kevin. It's always the same with him: whimper, "I'm so sorry," whimper, whine, snort some coke, "I'll make it right," whimper, whine. He's a loser and he's stupid to boot. Honestly, John and Meg deserve a medal for putting up with his (literally) sorry ass

He gets more and more annoying. And, I didn't think he could drink more than he did last season,,,but he can !!!

I guess I should have known that John wouldn't go as far as to work with Wayne Lowry, but that was still a nice reveal.  Even though Wayne is dead now (saw it happening as soon as the father was praying in that one scene), I wonder if that tape is going to rear its ugly head again.  What did Lowry do with it, I wonder?  I also wonder if Marco is going to remember John's "Am I a good person?" moment, and begin putting the pieces together later on.

I almost felt sorry for Kevin once he realized how badly he fucked things up.  Almost.

Meg getting fired was only a matter of time.  Her drunk scene was embarrassing to watch (not in a bad way.  Linda Cardellini was great, but it was just hard to the character being such a fool).  I hope Marco doesn't start falling for her again.  You deserve better, Marco!  Granted, maybe this Gabriela will end up being worse somehow, but she seems lovely enough for now!

Sally not giving Evangeline any money was a surprising, but awesome move.  But I guess Eve stealing customer's credit card information is only the beginning of whatever havoc she will end up causing.

I wonder how much longer will Diana put up with John and his cageyness.

Random bit: I wonder if they actually had real chickens in that scene where the car pulls right in front of them.  If so, then poor Kyle Chandler was probably really making sure he hit that mark, less he wants to be known as the asshole who mowed down a bunch of chickens!

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Maysie said:

I'm officially over Kevin. It's always the same with him: whimper, "I'm so sorry," whimper, whine, snort some coke, "I'll make it right," whimper, whine. He's a loser and he's stupid to boot. Honestly, John and Meg deserve a medal for putting up with his (literally) sorry ass

He didn't seem quite this bumbling last season, did he ?

On June 14, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Inquisitionist said:

How is Kevin still alive at this point?  He gives the phrase "too stupid to live" new meaning.

remember how he was like the life of the party one at the beginning of season 1? Many people were around him listening to his stories and laughing. What a fall.

• Love 1

I don't really remember that, knaankos, so thanks for the reminder.  After I finish S2 (two episodes to go -- I just figured out that there are only 10 instead of 13!), I'll see if I can rope Mr. Inqui into watching it from the start with me.

• Love 1

The anguish on John's face vs the peace on the father's face was a thing of beauty. I'd half believed John had manipulated the father into killing Lowry, and was happy to realize he hadn't.

So, Nolan's mom was getting 5 grand a month for 16 years, and she couldn't manage to take care of her kid? I guess I'm not too surprised Papa Rayburn didn't check up to make sure his money was going down the drain. Poor Nolan - he was stuck with bad parents and grandparents. I'm not too sure what Sally was trying to say about motherhood - was she making an oblique reference to abortion? She's a cold, cold woman. Though she made the right choice regarding the money.

I was complaining about Meg's lack of professionalism to the hubs, and realized that prior to the New York job, she had her own practice and had no one to answer to except for her clients. She was a big deal in a small town. Her drinking is almost on par with Kevin's drug use - and she's been self-destructive from the start of the show (sleeping around on Marco).

I thought this episode was a little disjointed, but it really pulled together in the end.

• Love 3

This was THE episode of the season for me. I was on the edge of my seat. I totally fell for the fakeout that John was going to have to face the music. And he almost did! 

The scene with John and Ghost Danny while John was deciding what to do was masterful acting work. 

• Love 2

John's hallucinations of Danny are so, so creepy! But as with S1, you can't keep your eyes off Ben Mendelsohn when he's onscreen. So glad they found a way to keep his character around, even though it adds an extra bit of tension never knowing when he's going to pop up.  

I thought this show would be done after S1, but S2 is shaping up pretty well. 

They've got the hot, sweaty, seedy vibe down pat.

• Love 3