Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E23: Heartfelt Passages

• Start Topic

Dodd wanting to go out on one last SVU case....who didn't see that coming?

I wonder if there are more season finale deaths on TV than there are (per capita) in real life? May is such a deadly month. Do writers really think we are hanging off the edge of our seats during the summer worrying about what will happen now? I have limited memory and work hard to retain important stuff. TV show twists...neither engaging nor important. It's a new show every season for me.

I'm not much of a judge on acting. I only commented on bad acting once (wooden soap opera character a thousand years ago). I do judge people on how well they cry.  I thought Peter Gallagher was quite convincing. He really seemed upset. I hate actors who can't cry and can't fake crying either.

Carisi. Now there's a character that I think they've brought along nicely. He was so rough around the edges and abrupt and a little crude in the beginning. He's really evolved.

• Love 2

Also, Barba looked pretty good in that jacket with the unbuttoned top button shirt at the end.

Rawr.   

I've sorta come around to liking Carisi. Never thought that would happen.   I still haven't warmed to Tucker, yet...he just seems so wooden.  

Sgt Fin? Nice. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It was weird the promo gave away everything. In the very last scene, I thought I had figured it out -- the promo had given away the whole Dodds story line, because that wasn't the surprise -- it's that Tucker was going to propose. But then he didn't. So, now there are two things that are weird. I also thought the whole conversation surrounding the fiancee was weird. 

I like the idea of Tucker, but still find them a bit awkward together.

I've warmed to Carisi. Took a while to forgive him for the mustache.

Edited by Evangeline
  • Love 2

I'm actually surprised that Benson didn't start thinking that he was about to propose , which would be the natural assumption after he gave the little speech, and used her middle name and then so casually got down on one knee (I'll admit, how he ended up on one knee was very smooth - if he was going to propose). I'm not sure if having him get down on one knee was for the director/producer to tease the audience, or if the actual script called for the actor to crouch down and he felt that that was too uncomfortable and just ended up on one knee. (I can't imagine that there was anybody who watched that scene being filmed who didn't think it looked like he was going to proposed).

• Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎26 at 2:45 PM, placate said:

What happened to the law side of this show?  They spent half an hour killing off Dodds so that writers forgot Munson and a circle of corrupt COs with the backing of a union who were going to be taken down by the testimony of inmates? 

Yea some follow up on that would have been nice. I mean we have a guy who shot and killed a cop during a hostage situation. I assume he is going to prison for a long time. Plus the union guys were threatening Barba over a wife assaulting, rapist, cop killer. How are CO relations with the NYPD and the DA doing now? Could have at least thrown in a couple of lines to close out that story.

• Love 4

I finally just watched. I love watching this show with my cop husband because he gets all mad with their horrible police work ( especially Olivia) hes always like ' they are shit cops!' and also the glaring illegal things they do. lol

Also, they should not have believed the CO wife. Its not inconceivable that your inmate-raping husband may have a gun or five you don't know about. She shoulda skedaddled on outta there when he was at court or something.

The preview for the episode gave away everything, I also thought they were def going to do a bait and switch with Barba because I knew from the preview Dobbs was getting shot ect.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Barba, I love Barba and him giving the threat guy his home address is sooo badass and hot lol

Carisi is perfect don't ever change. 

The end was really sad :-( but I'm glad my favorites were all alive. 

• Love 3
On 5/25/2016 at 10:01 PM, CleoCaesar said:

Thanks, promo people, for spoiling this entire episode. WTF is that, seriously. But yes, I got a little misty during Dodds's funeral. So sue me.

DON'T HURT MY BARBA, SHOW.

When Tucker was on bended knee, I thought he was going to propose.

At least Carisi is staying at SVU.

I agree with all of these. I kept it together until Peter Gallagher really lost it about the "orrr-r-gans!" but the quick switch to bagpipes and a casket caught me very misty.

I'm sad they couldn't arrange ONE stinkin' karaoke night so Raul & Andy could duke out a little show tune magic.

I absolutely thought Tucker was going to propose. I like them together.

• Love 2
On 5/27/2016 at 1:58 AM, Lillybee said:

Was Munson's father in law someone from the mothership?

Jack McGee - very much a HITG. Currently plays a priest on Blue Bloods, has played the Irish firefighter/policeman/bartender up and down the dial, as they used to say (I am old).

• Love 1