Type keyword(s) to search

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do The Time Warp (Yet) Again! (2016 Fox) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kromm said:

How do you make a Meatloaf joke without Meatloaf?

Quoting myself just because I'm wondering if the way they played that moment out if the kiddie audience for this even GOT the whole Meatloaf angle (a guy who isn't even there). 

Ben Vereen is doing a great job of showing how you do camp/comedy while still acting. 

Annaleigh (Columbia) is over the top and very Annaleigh (this it in no way a stretch for her) but I like her too.

Is Victoria Justice actually trying to act? If so, that's sad.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

How do you make a Meatloaf joke without Meatloaf?

Word.

Best they could possibly do is have a wine and cheese party and offer everyone some CamemLambert.

But that'd just make things worse.

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Ben Vereen is doing a great job of showing how you do camp/comedy while still acting. 

Agreed. It's like the level of the thing went up by ten when he came on screen.

1 minute ago, Kromm said:

Agreed. It's like the level of the thing went up by ten when he came on screen.

But that was one of the scenes when the narrator was pretty prominent, so why did they resort to only the pictures and not use both Curry and Vereen.

Is anyone going to watch Star? Was that show called something else at another point in development? Nevermind... it's back.

This is kind of nonsense because Laverne looks like she'd barely have to flick her wrist to launch Victoria across the room. So going through this choreography just feels awkward.

• Love 1

I feel like Laverne has a few nice moments here and there. This will result in some good gifs. But it's not a great performance.

Laughed again at Tim Curry's delivery.

Damn it, they froze Ben Vereen.

"My God, I can't stand any more of this." Amen, Annaleigh Ashford.

Cyndi Lauper II, Electric Bugaloo.

Millan, how are you fucking up just FACIAL expressions while pulling a lever?  It must be a skill to be THAT AWFUL.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

They need to pick something that was all singing. This honestly has some of the best singing of the network musicals. 

OMG, the sass from Ryan McCarten right now. I feel like he has just been waiting for this.

I feel like Victoria thinks she's being rebellious but aside from the fact that she's attractive, there's nothing sexy about her performance. 

Laverne looks fabulous again. I love her hair.

Well, at least it's almost over.

5 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

God, Christina. You ruin even a few seconds of screentime. That is a skill.

Oh God, now they're letting her speak...

OK, I'm enjoying it again. Annaleigh is great.

VIP list:

The Usherette
The Professor Vereen
Cyndi Lauper II
Laverne's Dancing, at the very least
Still iffy on Curry here.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Quoting myself just because I'm wondering if the way they played that moment out if the kiddie audience for this even GOT the whole Meatloaf angle (a guy who isn't even there). 

Wasn't Meatloaf the projectionist in the cinema?

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
Spelling

VIP list:

The Usherette
The Professor Vereen
Cyndi Lauper II
Laverne's Dancing, at the very least
Still iffy on Curry here.

Aside from the Usherette, I'm with you. I'm also pro-Curry. 

Oh good, a snapchat filter. That'll keep the kids invested. 

There is something about how they are arranging and singing all these songs that is making me think they are doing a sped up David Bowie (Space Oddity) interpretation of Rocky Horror.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

The hell are you doing with the camera, Ortega?

I'm going to throw in Brad/Ryan McCarten for trying. He's a talented guy if not quite the best actor yet. I hope he'll go on to do more theatre.

There are like no stakes to anything. If I didn't know the story so well, I would not get what happened with Eddie or what's going on right now. Or... most of what happened.

• Love 3

Laverne is not a bad singer but I don't know if I enjoy listening to her singing. There are a lot of factors. She's doing a voice. It's been fussed with in post. So I'm not writing her off. I'm just... not as happy with it as I am with some of the other vocals.

• Love 1

I'm gonna write myself a reminder to tune out in the future from anything with Christina Millan in it in an actual speaking role.

Actually come to think of it, even her facial expressions sucked. Maybe the non-speaking roles too.

• Love 1

Soundtrack available tomorrow. I think it could do OK. The singing has been pretty good on the whole.

I get that it's camp but it's difficult to even tell that they're being killed. Good camp is hard to achieve. Comedians still have to be actors.