Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Convicts

What's odd is according to both the above article and this...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/conviction-cancelled-abc-season-1-1201913099/

ABC has not ordered the back 9 (which strongly says "canceled") but has kept the options on the actors. Now it names an unnamed "insider" as their source, which could be "my friend Bob who saw the inside of ABC's bathroom once" so take that for what it's worth. But it's interesting ABC hasn't commented yet, and hasn't released the actors. Maybe they're considering a retool. Or maybe they're just doing a slow death.

8 hours ago, DeathQuaker said:

What's odd is according to both the above article and this...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/conviction-cancelled-abc-season-1-1201913099/

ABC has not ordered the back 9 (which strongly says "canceled") but has kept the options on the actors. Now it names an unnamed "insider" as their source, which could be "my friend Bob who saw the inside of ABC's bathroom once" so take that for what it's worth. But it's interesting ABC hasn't commented yet, and hasn't released the actors. Maybe they're considering a retool. Or maybe they're just doing a slow death.

I think they'll attempt a re-boot because its an ABC Studios production, it's a procedural, it stars Hayley Atwell who they want to be in business with, and it co-stars the sister of the network president.  

• Love 1

Critics' Picks: The 10 Worst TV Shows of 2016

Hayley Atwell is a treasure who was in an ABC series (Agent Carter) that didn't get enough viewers. So ABC rewarded her by putting her in Conviction, which was basically like tossing her an anchor instead of a life preserver. The pilot even had her undress (in front of her staff) and it was still unwatchable. That takes some doing. One of those shows where you think, "Who the hell thought this was a good idea?" And yes, I know that happens all the time at the network level, but whoa. — T.G.