Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MMC said:

Yeah one arranged by Mr. Scratch himself. I don't see it happening though since Matthew supposedly said that he did not want to revisit that story line.

To be fair, it was only speculation that Matthew didn't want the drug story revisited. Erica just said that they had a story idea that was nixed by the cast member because it wasn't the same as when the "cook kid" writers were there. IMO, she came off as slightly bitter about it. I know a lot of people assumed it was about Matthew and the drug story-- and it likely was-- but there is still a chance it could have been another character and story.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, zannej said:

hannah-mantegna-with-joe-mantegna-334866

This has to be the greatest picture ever.

The source of the picture- "Hannah Mantegna" on Funny Or Die- is also very funny. Rossi should cross dress one of these days.

Edited by Danielg342
  • Love 3

From Matt Mitovich:

Any scoop on Criminal Minds‘ Reid? —Emilie
You betcha! Though… you may not like it? I asked Kirsten Vangsness about the latest episode she co-wrote with show boss Erica Messer, which is titled “Spencer,” and it sounds like a, um, eventful hour for said character. Having previously penned episodes that killed off Gideon and paved the way for Shemar Moore’s exit as Derek, “I seem to co-write the episodes that change the course for people,” Vangsness notes. “That does not mean the ends of people, it just changes their course. So [Episode 18] is a course changer. It’s a course changer.”

Hmmm.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Franky said:

From Matt Mitovich:

You betcha! Though… you may not like it? I asked Kirsten Vangsness about the latest episode she co-wrote with show boss Erica Messer, which is titled “Spencer,” and it sounds like a, um, eventful hour for said character. Having previously penned episodes that killed off Gideon and paved the way for Shemar Moore’s exit as Derek, “I seem to co-write the episodes that change the course for people,” Vangsness notes. “That does not mean the ends of people, it just changes their course. So [Episode 18] is a course changer. It’s a course changer.”

Hmmm.

Hmm, now I have nervous knots in my belly.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Franky said:

From Matt Mitovich:

Hmmm.

Ugh. I can't imagine how this can be good news. I mean, I don't expect he's leaving, but we mostly like him as he is, right? Unless it's love and happiness (it almost certainly won't be) then this could mess with some stuff we like about the good Doctor.

• Love 5

While I don't necessarily want Diana to die, especially if they plan on sacrificing her just to give Reid more angst and pain, I'd be okay with it if it somehow leads him down a healthy path. Maybe an encouragement to lead a less-isolated life, or some travel (where he could possible engage with and meet a potential genuine, reciprocal love).

• Love 3

By the way - I just had a look on TVline and it's ok, 'Spencer' is still episode 13, the 18 was a mistake. So at least we only have to wait until February to find out.

I really don't want Spencer to actually go to prison. But atm it seems logical that something happens in 13 which causes 15 to feature that...

• Love 2

I did notice that a couple of the 'inmates' in the orange outfits were wearing jumpsuits, and some were wearing orange scrubs.  Wonder if it's a prison infirmary.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, Danielg342 said:

This has to be the greatest picture ever.

The source of the picture- "Hannah Mantegna" on Funny Or Die- is also very funny. Rossi should cross dress one of these days.

I loved that skit. When I saw the comment about Rossi in a wig and dress I couldn't help but post that particular pic.

5 hours ago, Franky said:

From Matt Mitovich:

Hmmm.

Interesting. I wonder what aspect he would change in his life. I also wonder how long said course change will last.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zannej said:

I loved that skit. When I saw the comment about Rossi in a wig and dress I couldn't help but post that particular pic.

Joe Mantegna losing his mind to Robert Pattinson is a thing of rare beauty.

It also reminded me at one point Pattinson was a thing. Can't believe it's been that long since Twilight.

2 hours ago, zannej said:

Interesting. I wonder what aspect he would change in his life. I also wonder how long said course change will last.

I hope for a positive change, or at least one where the character can grow from. I don't want a departure or another Maeve- they do that enough with Reid.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Franky said:

From Matt Mitovich:

Hmmm.

I now find myself wondering if this so called course change KV is talking about is going to be what eventually lands Reid in prison in episode 15. I must say that I am more intrigued than ever. But at the same time I am feeling some anxiety wondering just what it is that is going to happen to our beautiful man.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, MMC said:

I now find myself wondering if this so called course change KV is talking about is going to be what eventually lands Reid in prison in episode 15. I must say that I am more intrigued than ever. But at the same time I am feeling some anxiety wondering just what it is that is going to happen to our beautiful man.

I hope he doesn't land in prison over it but who knows. It may be that whatever happens causes him to be framed and put in prison but I just don't know. or it could be part of a case.

Personally I think Reid is a poor choice for an undercover assignment in a prison.  He's going to get his butt handed to him, unless that is what they want to happen get learn what they want.  There are other situations he's more suitable to go undercover like in Entropy.  I can't see it and will probably have a hard time believing it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

Lol, they must expect to be met with a dangerous situation on the way to those tasks, being in flack vests. lol :) just kidding.

Egad, I didn't even notice the flack vests. I was too distracted by Garcia's hairy thingies and Luke's smile.

I wouldn't say they are not fake... but nothing too bad has been done yet.

I think SM (while he was part of the show), JM and PB have some cosmetic or botox  done. And Rossi's ex-wife, that woman barely moves her face!

It has to be concerning to TPTB that the once reliable Facebook crowd now seems unhappy with the show. They are unhappy with the writing. Big mistake for them not to try and get Andrew Wilder back, one of CM's best ever writers, when they had a chance. They feel there is no chemistry with this current team. They don't like the newbies. They miss Hotch and Morgan and keep asking where Reid is.

I know that there is no way they'd ever ask Thomas Gibson back. But Shemar Moore is a different story. I personally feel that they should let a couple of newbies go. My preference would be the new guy and AT. And then use the money to entice Shemar to come back to the show by offering him a substantial raise. And for those of you who are worried that this would mean Morgan being shoved down your throats once again. I get it I really do. But chances are the actor is probably going to want limited screen time so that he'd be free to still pursue other interests.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MMC said:

It has to be concerning to TPTB that the once reliable Facebook crowd now seems unhappy with the show. They are unhappy with the writing. Big mistake for them not to try and get Andrew Wilder back, one of CM's best ever writers, when they had a chance. They feel there is no chemistry with this current team. They don't like the newbies. They miss Hotch and Morgan and keep asking where Reid is.

I know that there is no way they'd ever ask Thomas Gibson back. But Shemar Moore is a different story. I personally feel that they should let a couple of newbies go. My preference would be the new guy and AT. And then use the money to entice Shemar to come back to the show by offering him a substantial raise. And for those of you who are worried that this would mean Morgan being shoved down your throats once again. I get it I really do. But chances are the actor is probably going to want limited screen time so that he'd be free to still pursue other interests.

Exactly.

• Love 3

I like Tara and Alvez (although I hate the way Garcia interacts with Alvez). New guy is ok, but his line delivery was a bit odd at some points. Not sure what it was but something just seemed off. I don't dislike him, but he is superfluous.

• Love 3

Let's see the writing on this show leaves much to be desired the majority of the time. The main cast has gotten too big and they continue to play second fiddle to these so called guest stars much of the time. It is more than clear that so many fans have become quite unhappy with the show to the point of "they are not going to watch any more" But none of that matters, Because "oh my goodness just look at how diverse this cast is" That almost seems to be the attitude of TPTB these days.

Now there is nothing wrong with diversity. I think it is important to have it. But just what good is to have if the show ends up tanking so bad to the point that they just decide to cancel it.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, zannej said:

I like Tara and Alvez (although I hate the way Garcia interacts with Alvez). New guy is ok, but ...

I like Tara, too, and luke without his Garcia interaction (which has fortunately been absent in the last 2 episodes), but there are just too many profilers! My best most pipe-dreamy dream would be to have Morgan come back and take over, Luke and Walker go away, and Rossi retire. Frankly, as much as I like Paget, i have not enjoyed Prentiss's return very much. Keep Tara, because she's serious without being boring (IMO). With the recently toned-down JJ and with Garcia having her boo back, I could do without Prentiss. All of this with the hope that Reid would be more prominent overall. A girl can dream.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 2

Well that was interesting although EM and I obviously disagree as to what constitutes an interesting story line. Of course I am ecstatic to learn that Jane will be in 3 episode. Despite my qualms with the writing I couldn't help but to get excited when she said they were doing an unusually long arc since Reid looks to be playing a big part in it. I admit I was a bit dismayed about Mr. Scratch playing a part in it. I would be very unhappy if they have him outsmarting Reid and that big ole brain of his. I am hoping it is the opposite, that it will be Reid and that big ole brain of his who finally helps bring Mr. Scratch to justice.

As far as the loss of Hotch/TG I doubt her answers are going to satisfied everyone, but I do feel that she probably answered the best she could when it came to that very sensitive subject.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 3

and she's not completely insensitive to the faction that loves/d Hotch. I actually appreciated her comment about them being passionate. I doubt I woulda been that charitable, given the comments and behaviour from a few of them.

• Love 7

I had not notice that until you bought it up. Not sure what to make of it. Also not sure why she was talking about the back 9 episodes since they've only just aired #10 this week. I guess I need to go back and read the interview again.

Edited by MMC
I realized that I read the question wrong.

There are an awful lot of variables that might be in play about someone leaving, so it's possible she simply doesn't know at the moment.  

I suppose they could get rid of a newbie----maybe the new new guy will be sacrificed for a story line.  Maybe someone else wants to leave.  Or maybe everyone connected with the show is just waiting for word about whether they are simply closing out the season, or the entire series, before they decide whether or not a character will exit.  Even if they get renewed, I think all of the original cast are up for contract renewal, so there would be no guarantees anyway.

I would still like to see a proper homage to Hotch.  I'm glad he didn't die accidentally, but I wouldn't mind a hero's death, in the course of protecting his son.  Jessica has pretty much been raising the boy anyway.  And it would give the others a chance to honor someone who was immensely important to them.  

• Love 5

I like Tara well enough, I just never notice when she's missing from an episode. I also don't think I'd really care if she was off the show. I don't really know why since I don't have a negative thing to say about her. It's just that she doesn't seem to make much of an impact.

I like Alvez as well, certainly more than I ever liked Morgan, but again, I'm not sure I'd notice or care if he's gone any more than I notice or care that Morgan is gone.

New new guy hasn't made an impact either and I am certain if he didn't show up for an episode I would forget he exists, but it's still early days for him.

Here is what they need to do if they are lucky enough to get another season. Lose the Walker character. Use Lewis sparingly. Semi retire Rossi and not have him out on the field so much. Allow Alvez to be more of a field agent than a profiler since that is what he prefers to do. Anyways I call totally BS on this notion that Hotch would insist he'd have to take the classes and become a profiler like the rest of them. Why? Hotch didn't do that to JJ in the earlier season. True he often her the option to become one, but he did not insist on it.

But most of all they really need to do something about the writing of this show. They seriously need to take heed of all the fans complaint such as lack of chemistry with the current team, boring, predictable, not much suspense and too much focus on the guest stars at the expense of the main cast. 

• Love 2

Messer has always spoken out of both sides of her mouth. Aside of poor ideas and writing, she has always lied about characters's future and the outcome of some plots, even after she has spoilt them.

For a long time, they said to fans they didn't get Lynch back because of her, but Jane Lynch said once she never was approached after season 4. I am choosing to believe Lynch, even if she was busy, I think they never were interested in bringing her back. It's an extraordinary coincidence she was available just after TG's dismissal. That's something I hate, people who tries to convice me they are doing me a favor when they are the ones getting a benefit, aka more -pretty much needed- viewers.

By the way, didn't she reuse Emily's spy arc for the new guy? Is every agent working out border an undercover, counter-terrorist spy? One day they will tell Walker knew/helped/was vital in Doyle's fall. Another missed chance, as always.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

The reason I would want Morgan to come back, at least for an arc, is that the Morgan/Reid relationship was one of my favorites. It brought out the best in both characters when it was well-written, early on. The actors have a rapport as well. 

The problem, for me, with Reid sans Morgan is that Reid's now a man among strange men (besides Rossi) and women who know him. He doesn't have his regular place as the non-alpha male because the 2 main alphas (Hotch and Morgan) are gone. TPTB/writers have not had Luke and Reid find any relationship at all. They circle each other like 2 disinterested cats. Reid coming to Prentiss at the end of that episode just made her seem mommy-like. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, normasm said:

The problem, for me, with Reid sans Morgan is that Reid's now a man among strange men (besides Rossi) and women who know him. He doesn't have his regular place as the non-alpha male because the 2 main alphas (Hotch and Morgan) are gone. TPTB/writers have not had Luke and Reid find any relationship at all. They circle each other like 2 disinterested cats. Reid coming to Prentiss at the end of that episode just made her seem mommy-like. 

Ohmigosh, this^^^

This is exactly what I've been thinking without being able to put my finger on it.  It would take major writing chops for for these things to be addressed, but they need to be.  Absenting Morgan, maybe somehow Alvez and Reid can bond during the prison arc (BUT 1) under no circumstances does Alvez "rescue" Reid, and 2) under no circumstances does Alvez replace Morgan in Spencer's heart -- any relationship between Reid and Alvez needs to be unique.)

And I enjoyed that last scene on the plane with Spencer and Emily.  But you are correct, in your assessment -- she did come off as a mommy.  And he came off as a little boy.  When he's written that way, he has little choice but to act that way, I suppose, but he's a grown (middle-aged, even!) man!  Sheesh.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Droogie said:

(1) under no circumstances does Alvez "rescue" Reid, and 2) under no circumstances does Alvez replace Morgan in Spencer's heart -- any relationship between Reid and Alvez needs to be unique.

Oh, yeah

• Love 3