Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E08: Week 8

• Start Topic

Nothing Ginger has shown us belongs in the finals.  She can't act if the demand is outside the cutesy weather-girl box and her dancing is stiff and vanilla and extremely safe.  Fortunately for her, much of the dancing that makes it to the finals doesn't belong in the finals, so it doesn't matter all that much.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, spartanman25 said:

I don't get all of the Ginger hate in this forum.  I am not a trained dancer, but she seems great to me.  I get that they laid on the new mother bit too much at first.  Besides that, she is very pleasant and gorgeous to look at.  Her husband is dorky, but that should not count against her.

Unfortunately her dorky husband plays into votes or not because he's been featured far too often to be ignored. You can't expect people not to have an impression of the contestant and forget about all the cheesy moments he's mugged on camera. Ginger is pleasant but she's always Ginger. She has been self consciously Ginger and not the character of the dances she has done. She hasn't convinced me once that she was Janet Jackson or Belle or an Argentine woman of the night, and I am sorry but she lacks rhythm when she dances Latin. Her ballroom is better, but you need both syllabus to be well rounded in the competition.  Does she do steps sequences yes she does. Has she excited me about her dancing? Not so far. 

• Love 2

I agree Ginger's husband is the one who is obnoxious, not her, but she's still stiff and not very exciting. I don't think she would make the finals without major help from the producers and GMA, which she is getting. I just hope Paige or Wanya doesn't get axed so she can get in.

(edited)

Re this episode's performances, I loved Nyle's Paso Doble. It wasn't "perfect," but what I saw , I loved. I loved the silent section. It's not the first time it's ever been done-Cristian De La Fuente & Cheryl Burke did a whole silent PD back in the day-but for many fans it's probably the first time they've ever seen a deaf dancer do it on this show. If Nyle & Peta had done it by themselves, then chances are they would have been accused of ripping off either Cristian & Cheryl or Strictly Ballroom, which also had a silent Paso section. As for Carrie Ann's fawning over it, that's not Nyle's fault. Her crazy is not anymore Nyle's doing than the judges' fucking up his scores twice. Contrary to the judges' opinions, I don't see Nyle's ass sticking out as such a bad thing. News flash, judges: Nyle has a bubble butt. Bubble butts stick out; that's what they do. Speaking from experience, if one tries to tuck their bubble butt under, they just end up looking constipated. The "banana line," as Peta calls it, only works when someone has a flat ass. When tit comes to the Paso Doble, I care about the frame, the steps and the lines. The only time when a man's ass matters to me where the Paso Doble is concerned is whether or not it looks good in tight pants and Nyle's does, to put it mildly.   As for Team Bruno, they were the best team by far. Everything about them was on point, whether it was the concept, the content, the costumes, the choreography or the performance itself, plus it had hot, shirtless men. As annoying as Bruno can be, that's how great his team was.

Re Ginger & Val while I still heart him, the constant fawning over Ginger is working my last good nerve and the overscoring of the Argentine Tango is the latest example. Val tripped by his own admission and they still  got a perfect score? Please! I know producer-driven bullshit when I see it and this is some of the worst. The more TPTB try to make me vote for Ginger, the more I want to vote against her. If the F2 are Ginger & Nyle, then I'm Team Nyle all the way.

Re Jodie & Keo, Jodie was robbed, or rather, "Sabrinaed," as in Sabrina Bryan, another contestant who was eliminated too soon. Keo's not the best choreographer ever, but if he really sucked that bad, then Jodie wouldn't have come this far, as far as I'm concerned. Jodie & Keo;'s Jive was not only one of the best dances of the night, it was her best dance. Jodie may have left on top, but she also left too soon. Re Wanya, while I like him, I'm among those who think he's plateaued, if not hit a wall. Wanya & Lindsey's Jive wasn't great to start with and the mistakes made it worse. He'll probably wind up in the B2 again.

Team Carrie Ann was boring. I've seen that Paso done before and better. Team Len was cringeworthy.  At least Bruno & CA stayed out of their teams' way.

Edited by DollEyes
to add stuff.
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2016 at 3:22 PM, Uke said:

If she was a meterologist on any other network, I don't think she'd still be in competition.  

If she was a meterorologist on any other network, she wouldn't even be IN the competition. 

Ginger is safe, generic, and pretty, which the people that vote for this show seem to like. Viewers also seem to like Val/Val's open shirt, plus there's no Derek Hough around to automatically vote into the finals.