Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E08: Week 8

• Start Topic

Like I said. This show is obviously fixed when Ginger Zee is leading the scoreboard. I don't know why I bother to watch/vote. It's obvious who is going to win. I see they put Wanya in the bottom so he can be runner up in the competition. Ginger Zee is the worst of the female dancers and should have been the one to go home.

• Love 17
(edited)

I knew Jodie was toast the second she got that perfect score. I saw that coming weeks ago and my only surprise is that she even made it that far and survived the double elimination. I felt bad for Keo. Yes I think he sort of sucks as a Pro but he seems like a genuinely nice guy and it can't be great having the media writing how much people think he sucks.

Another thing I saw coming, 10's from the judges for all the judges dance. Frankly only Team Carrie Ann truly wowed in my opinion. I found Team Len kind of hokey and was surprised that's what Len delivered. Team Bruno was okay but it felt more slow and dragging than sultry. 

I am conflicted about Nyle's Paso. I loved the silent moment and thought that was pretty powerful but I found the rest of the dance too hectic and a bit rushed. Also, Nyle kept bending his knees throughout the dance which affected his frame a lot. He looked more hunched and awkward and less strong and masculine matador. Think the dance was a little overscored.

I know they did a Jive and so the choreography was not the same but I don't know why Lindsay chose a Western theme for that song for their Jive, because all I kept thinking about was Amber/Derek's freestyle and unfavorably comparing Wanya to her.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

The look of everyone when they heard "double elimination" was a hoot. 

Argh, Jodie finally has an outstanding week. Keo finally puts up a great routine. And...they get booted. I was really pulling for her to go to the end. Meanwhile Antonio is still here because...? 

Out of of the judges dances, Bruno's was the best hands down. The others were not bad but Bruno shows despite the craziness he puts out, he can choreograph amazing things too.

• Love 8

Not happy. I'd much prefer it to be one of the others. Well done, Jodie! I'm glad Candace got to be there to see her dance tonight. On to taping season 2 of Fuller House!

• Love 5
(edited)

I really don't like Ginger. At all. And I really hate this show for trying to force the viewers on it being  her in the final 3. I don't vote anymore, I think I stopped a season or two ago. But she's going to be in the top three for sure and then probably win.

I knew Jodie would be leaving the second I heard she was in jeopardy.

The judges dance is always sort of a fixed thing. Neither one of them was going to get lower than a 10. Although, personally my favorite was CAs. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mreid said:

Antonio will probably be in the final 3 not the best dancer but he probably has the biggest fan base he may win the whole darn thing :(

Exactly! But these people on here that are hating on Antonio just don't get it. lol.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mreid said:

Antonio will probably be in the final 3 not the best dancer but he probably has the biggest fan base he may win the whole darn thing :(

I think it will be Ginger. The show is pushing her and the network is as well. I think the final three will probably Ginger, Wanya, and Antonio. Which seems incredibly boring to me. But with the double elimination next week, I expect the two people I really like Nyle and Paige to be gone by the end of it. 

(edited)

Nyle:  messy feet, rear still sticking out,  turning off the sound didn't do much for me since I know they are all dancing on counts.  Probably since he was in hold for most of the time, he wasn't as wild as usual. Bruno sure got poetic and CAI of course got weepy.  I said last week that Bruno would give Nyle a 10 this week. Overscored. Should be three 9s.

Antonio:  footwork much improved, posture still needs work and his shoulders kept going up.  If only he had applied himself from the start.  What's that weird thing he does with his eyes? It's like when he's gazing at his image while recording a snapchat and enjoys what he sees.  I'll agree with the scores.

Jodie:  She's very generous regarding the questions about Keo holding her down.  I disagree with her but she's very kind.  She not only did really well but, more than that, she looked comfortable and at ease.  Some sync issues but I guess the judges didn't notice.   A little overscored. One 10 would have been enough, though it was much better than Nyle's.

Paige: Well I loved it but I doubt Len will.  Oh! Len liked it.  Normally I object to all the fog but it fit the theme and she's demonstrated every week that she's got the footwork - the fog wasn't to hide anything. Underscored. I would have given it a 30.

Ginger:  Wearing black on a dark floor and a bright light shining straight into the camera? Hard to see what she was doing.  I didn't understand what her issue was...being serious?  She sure had a pissed-off-looking face while standing in front of the judges.   The score pisses me off since clearly there was the intent to hide something. Overscored!  I'd give 7s for whatever they did.

Wanya:  Some of his footwork looked very odd, not quite sure what was wrong with it.  Plus he slipped twice, once with a cloth on the floor and once just on a slippery floor I guess and lost his timing.  Agree with the scores unfortunately.

Jodie/Nyle, Team Bruno: I didn't like the 2 extra couples.  But otherwise it was interesting. It looked like a little bobble with the Jodie/Nyle portion.  I expect all the judges will overpraise and reward each other.  Agree with the viewer score.

Ginger/Wanya, Team Len:  Ginger really clips her moves, she doesn't follow through. This is right in Wanya's wheelhouse.  A lot of time-wasters in that choreo. But it was cute and Len looked like he was having a blast - surprisingly light on his feet. Agree with the viewer score.

Paige/Antonio, Team CAI:  CAI went all out with the production.  It's kind of funny since Mark gets criticized for production.  Didn't see much paso but I loved it. Captivating. Agree with the viewer score but if I had Facebook, I'd have given it a 10.

Sorry to see Jodie go.  She seemed to expect it.

(eta: my eyes are still aching from that stupid bright light shining into the camera for Ginger/Val's dance)

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ginger's going to win.  She has the GMA audience.  And Val is popular.

It should have been Antonio leaving instead of Jodie.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I am conflicted about Nyle's Paso. I loved the silent moment and thought that was pretty powerful but I found the rest of the dance too hectic and a bit rushed. Also, Nyle kept bending his knees throughout the dance which affected his frame a lot. He looked more hunched and awkward and less strong and masculine matador. Think the dance was a little overscored.

I'm with you regarding Nyle's Paso Doble. I found the silent moment powerful, but there were times when I felt that the routine was manic and rushed. This isn't the first time I felt that their routine felt that day. i.e., Their "Mask" Quickstep - even though the dance is called the "Quickstep" it's still supposed to be elegant.

While I like Peta, I do feel that her weakness is performing hectically at times. For example, her Rumba with Donald Driver was hectic, and a few seasons back when she switched up with Allison and danced with Johnathan. That Swing number made me a tad nervous.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, escape said:

Ginger's going to win.  She has the GMA audience.  And Val is popular.

Except the majority of comments online are from people complaining about how she's being overscored and pimped.  She will likely make the finals because the judges and TPTB have done everything in their power to get her there, but she's not winning.  Still think Nyle is winning this thing.

• Love 9

After Len's dance, the camera panned to the judge's table where Carrie Ann, paper and pen in hand, asked Bruno his score, and he answered "10."  I can't believe after all the mishaps in communication, they still haven't changed the process to make each judge write down their own score.  How hard can that be?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

well... here we go... Keo gets one of the ringers with a great fanbase and she goes early. wouldn't have happened with Val or Artem...

With the celebs they had this season, I think it would've been about the same.  MAYBE she would've gotten another week?  At least for my preseason predictions, she wasn't part of my final or final 2 girls for that matter.  It looks like a lot of viewers were the same.

I agree, after the scoring issues, they need to change that. Maybe change it to a computerized program  so there will be no more problems. 

I must say seeing how happy Len was when he danced with his team made me smile. He may be grumpy but he sure loves to dance and it shows 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

Except the majority of comments online are from people complaining about how she's being overscored and pimped.  She will likely make the finals because the judges and TPTB have done everything in their power to get her there, but she's not winning.  Still think Nyle is winning this thing.

It's about who has the fan base support.  And you do know Ginger is on Good Morning America.  And Nyle?

What is with the Ginger love? She's stiff, doesn't fall through and has no hip movement. Next week it better be Antonio and Ginger who go.  I want Paige and Wanya in the final.

• Love 13
(edited)

I see that Nyle had some posture issues, but overall it was strong and made a real impact. Including that silent solo for him was obviously the highlight. I'm still digging this partnership.

And yes, part of me is worried that Steeler Nation is going to get Antonio farther than he should, possibly a win. I'm remembering Hines Ward and I think that season he had it wrapped up since in the beginning. I'm hoping that Nyle or Wayna voters can pool their votes together and combat that huge fanbase Antonio presumably has.

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, escape said:

It's about who has the fan base support.  And you do know Ginger is on Good Morning America.  And Nyle?

Of course I know Ginger is on GMA.  How could one not this season?  But GMA gets maybe 4 million viewers.  That's not exactly unsurmountable and how do you know for sure who has a bigger fanbase?  I highly doubt even a fraction of the people that watch GMA are voting for DWTS, or even watch it.  As for DWTS, the winner usually comes down to some combination of dancing and who has the best story.  Nobody can beat Nyle's story this season.  What is Ginger's story?  Person who can get the most undeserving tongue baths week to week?  First person in history to be a working mom?

Edited by spanana
  • Love 9

Ginger utterly squicks me out.  I cannot express how much. Every dance is more repulsive in some manner than the last.  I am a huge Val fan, but I want her gone.   Apologies to Ginger fans, I cannot understand the depth of my emotion on this subject at all.  

That samba was the worst and Len's part in it wasn't funny.  And that's a great song very poorly rendered.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, spanana said:

Of course I know Ginger is on GMA.  How could one not this season?  But GMA gets maybe 4 million viewers.  That's not exactly unsurmountable and how do you know for sure who has a bigger fanbase?  I highly doubt even a fraction of the people that watch GMA are voting for DWTS, or even watch it.  As for DWTS, the winner usually comes down to some combination of dancing and who has the best story.  Nobody can beat Nyle's story this season.  What is Ginger's story?  Person who can get the most undeserving tongue baths week to week?  First person in history to be a working mom?

Sometimes its funny when a lot people claim the show is fixed because they want so-and-so to win, but some say the fix is in for Nyle and some say Ginger. I think sometimes you can only prop and pimp a celebrity so much. If they don't have the fanbase, it won't matter. I'm thinking of a few of Derek's partners like Bethany and Nastia.

• Love 3

Well it was interesting. Jodie did really well on her jive, deserving of a high score, Keo gets redemption. I would have preferred her dancing in heels for this one.  When she moved back to heels for the Bruno dance,  the line was better, but dancing AT with Nyle wasn't very strong. They messed it up and lost timing.  The AT concept was cool, but Nyle dancing with Keo was hokey, a lift that made Nyle look like a grinning little kid, silly.  So for me, it took away the "importance" of same sex dancers.  

I thought the Paso that Nyle did had messy footwork, and he seemed to be rushing to keep up the pace. For me it was an 8 and the silent part which was brilliant choreography,  elevated it to a 9.  

Too bad about props gone bad and Wanye slipped on that howdown Jive.  I think being in the bottom affected him. He pushed it just a hair too much and he did have some timing issues. 

The only good things about that Samba were the pros and Wanye, he does have great rhythm, I was surprised at how poorly Ginger dances latin.  That Samba really exposed her stiffness. And speaking of Ginger, I wasn't in love with that AT from Val. It was too much ballroom tango for my taste, too much staccato. Argentine is not ballroom with lifts. I hate to say it, but he really should have a look at old Cheryl and Derek Argentine Tangos and give the partner a chance to breathe. I noticed when the camera went on Ginger's face she wasn't portraying a character, she was trying to breathe through to the next element. That lost it for me. 

Confession, I actually liked the Paso and thought Antonio did his best work so far.  I really thought it was a strong dance with nice Paso shapes. His lift and movement with Paige was pretty strong. By that measure he was much more sure of himself than Von was trying lifts in a Salsa.  I definitely think his fans will vote . Should Antonio even be close to a 9 for that Viennese Waltz?  Not on your life. He has improved but only so slightly.  He should have went home, but being in the bottom will just make the fans more resolved. 

I think camera work for the Stone Cold V Waltz should have stayed on Mark and Paige's faces. The expressions were incredible. But I think the impact of the dance was lost in how it was filmed. I also think Mark borrowed from Travis Walls' Turn to Stone, which is a great place to borrow,  but I think if the production was a little more focused it would have had a bigger impact. Paige I thought danced really well on this.  I was a little shocked that Carrie Ann didn't dock them for a lift.  I am concerned for this team because it seems the show wants Ginger.  I would prefer the better dancer.

Still hoping for a Wanye, Paige and Nyle finale although it's  possible that  Wanye and Paige would go home next.  If that happens I'm not sure if I'm interested in a week 10. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Uke said:

Nyle:  messy feet, rear still sticking out,  turning off the sound didn't do much for me since I know they are all dancing on counts.  Probably since he was in hold for most of the time, he wasn't as wild as usual. Bruno sure got poetic and CAI of course got weepy.  I said last week that Bruno would give Nyle a 10 this week. Overscored. Should be three 9s.

Agree.  When Peta was talking about it, I said but they are probably using counts anyway.  Didn't understand what was suppose to be so profound about it.  Nyle's rear has stuck out all season.  They don't mention it.  That's when I knew he would be in the finals and maybe even win.  If they want the first physically challenged celeb winner, he's the best they've had.

• Love 1

I agree with the comment that Nyle's silent moment should have been while dancing with Peta.  

I liked Bruno's dance best.  Although I must say that point 1 in its favour was that it didn't have CAI and point 2 in its favour was that it didn't have Ginger.  I agree that the moment where the celebs danced together lost its punch when Len repeated it.

I don't think there's any chance that she'll get it, but Paige is my horse in this race I guess.  I really have changed my mind completely about Mark which is a pleasant admission to make as I don't like disliking any of the pros.

Artem and Witney are a good looking dance couple.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

Still hoping for a Wanye, Paige and Nyle finale although it's  possible that  Wanye and Paige would go home next.  If that happens I'm not sure if I'm interested in a week 10. 

I'm with you. I'm pulling for Nyle, but i want the best dancers in the top 3. And at this point its Nyle, Paige and Wanya. Anything else would be robbing viewers of some great dancing.

If it's those three in the finale i don't really care who wins. Well, i do a little. I WOULD like it to be Nyle, but would be totally fine with Paige or Wanya. 

I'd flip out and swear off another season (unless Artem is back and with a good partner lol) if it's Ginger or Antonio over any of those three.

• Love 4

I like Ginger. She clearly works hard and does a really good job. She's not perfect but none of them are. I agree that the judges' scores for her are weird - as in completely and totally nonsensical week to week just like with Paige, Antonio, Wanya, and Jodie. They're praised one week for something that was complained about the week before. One week they get low scores for the same thing that gets a 10 the next. She's been both in last place and in first place, as has Wanya. She's gone early, and she's gone last. TPTB, in my opinion, have been treating the stars pretty equally. They've been mixing up the order pretty well. The judges score everyone, except Nyle, on a randomly changing standard that seems to equal out over a couple shows. There have been good packages and bad packages but no straight up character assassination a la Nastia and Tamar. 

Yes, Ginger got a 30 tonight but she had a lot of content and did it well. Was it perfect? No, but that's never been the standard as far as I know for a 30 on this show. Bindi, of all people, holds the record so it's clearly not about dance perfection. And, as far as I'm concerned, once Nyle got a 29 for that, Paige and Ginger should have gotten 30s easily for their dances and even Antonio should have gotten a 10. I'm not sure what the judges saw that kept Paige from a 30 because that was beautiful.

I'd be perfectly fine with a final with Wanya, Ginger, and Paige. I'd even take Antonio in the final because I find him oddly charming. I'm worried that Wanya in the bottom twice now means he won't make it, though. I'm hoping his rough night and Lindsey's devastation will give them a push. 

Oh, and we've had men dance with men on this show before. Mark and Val danced together last week for the highlight of the show.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, SophiaPehawkins said:

I'm going to agree here. I think it's awkward to criticize each other. They shouldn't even have it scored. Just let it be for fun. I was impressed with Bruno's concept. I think it was fresh and original.

The last time they did this, Team Bruno was Rumer + Val and it turned out their dance (which I did enjoy) was a direct copy of someone's dance on SCD.   I guess we'll have to wait to hear from the SCD fans to know if tonights dance was original.

(edited)

I loved that Argentine Tango-fied version of "Telephone"! 

It's ridiculous that they can't computerize the judges' scoring...it seems like something that would take an hour or two to set up.

Frenetic is the right word for Nyle and Peta's paso overall, but I liked the silent moment the most.

Did they start throwing in the troupe so much for the competitive dances once the results show got canned or does it just seem that way?

Edited by Dejana
spelling
15 minutes ago, spanana said:

Of course I know Ginger is on GMA.  How could one not this season?  But GMA gets maybe 4 million viewers.  That's not exactly unsurmountable and how do you know for sure who has a bigger fanbase?  I highly doubt even a fraction of the people that watch GMA are voting for DWTS, or even watch it.  As for DWTS, the winner usually comes down to some combination of dancing and who has the best story.  Nobody can beat Nyle's story this season.  What is Ginger's story?  Person who can get the most undeserving tongue baths week to week?  

And how do you know that only a fraction of people watching GMA are voting for Ginger?   Just because you want Nyle to win, doesn't mean he will.   Audiences get turn off by sob stories.

I love Paige, she's honestly my favorite female contestant in a long time. Works hard, clearly wants to be there, has talent, isn't forced down my throat, balances out Mark's energy really well. I do wonder what it was like for her to work with Antonio though, she seemed very preoccupied with him not dropping her and I mean... he's a pro NFL player who is doing offseason training simultaneously as doing DWTS. Simply looking Antonio, something pretty significant would have to happen for him to drop her. Although that lift didn't look like it was easy.

She also seemed to have the same concerns with Mark and Alan (even though I hear her and Alan are dating now) so maybe that's just her personality. 

• Love 1

Artem and Witney are a good looking dance couple.

Honestly, Artem and just about anyone is a good looking couple.

Did they start throwing in the troupe so much fot the competitive dances once the results show got canned or does it just seem that way?

Yes, but honestly I'm finding myself bored enough by the actual couples this season that I don't mind it as much as I usually do. Still not feeling Jenna, but I do enjoy having Shannon around, and I'm always a fan of Sasha and Artem taking a trip back to their troupe roots after having been eliminated.

Paige, we've all seen 2 athletes dance together, dear. If professional ballroom dancers aren't athletes, I don't know who is!

I'm still cracking up over Wanya's "6 pack!" That killed me. 

I really wish Jodie would have been assigned a different pro. So sad to see her go. 

• Love 4

I can see why Len gave Paige a 9, but what about Bruno's comments seemed like a 9. He said he loved it and gave nothing bad about it. 

The judges dances were nice but the scoring was dumb, why bother if all got the same score?

It'd be a shame if Paige is gone in next week's double elimination, she's clearly the best dancer left (yes, better than Nyle and Wanya), but I wonder about her fanbase. I hope it's grown since the start, but the show is really pushing Ginger. Both of her 30's this week and last, didn't seem like 30's at all. Tonight's Argentine Tango felt jerky in spots and the lighting was dark I could barely see her sometimes.

Wanya in jeopardy twice in a row is odd, but I wonder what that means. No winner has been in jeopardy more than once, if at all. Maybe he really isn't getting votes, could he be a surprise boot next week?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, escape said:

And how do you know that only a fraction of people watching GMA are voting for Ginger?   Just because you want Nyle to win, doesn't mean he will.   Audiences get turn off by sob stories.

Nowhere did I say I wanted Nyle to win.  I just think he will win.  Our opinions are just that, opinions.  Personally I like Wanya and Paige better.  What I want to happen and what I think will happen are two entirely different beasts.

Also what about Nyle is a sob story?  Being deaf is a sob story?  Nyle doesn't even view being deaf as a disability.  So I can't get behind that view at all. What DWTS viewers eat up are inspirational stories.  People overcoming the odds.  Just sometimes the talent doesn't take the person all the way to a win.  The person also needs to be a good dancer.   See Noah...who I think would have made a run for the S20 title if he was capable of jut a bit more.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, McManda said:

Honestly, Artem and just about anyone is a good looking couple.

Yes, but honestly I'm finding myself bored enough by the actual couples this season that I don't mind it as much as I usually do. Still not feeling Jenna, but I do enjoy having Shannon around, and I'm always a fan of Sasha and Artem taking a trip back to their troupe roots after having been eliminated.

I wonder what an Artem and Jodie pairing would have been like. I think he's someone that deserves a decent partner. I gotta say, Mischa ain't it. In my opinion he appears to be a traditional choreographer with a sense for the dramatic, which is what I think Keo lacks. I thought their jive tonight was good, but it still felt low energy even though I couldn't see any visible mistakes. Maybe it was the song.

I'm not buying Jenna either. She appears to be quite thirsty. Always mugging for the camera. She seems to have a small fanbase that wants to make her a pro, but I'd really like that not to happen. Especially considering, they're likely bringing Allison back next season (also not a fan), and I wouldn't want someone like Karina or Lindsay to be pushed out.

• Love 5

Lindsey's face had a really odd expression as she hugged Keo at the end of the show.  I think I saw her clock that this was the second time she and Wanye had been in jeopardy and she said something about it to Wanye?  Or did I just imagine that?

1 hour ago, spanana said:

I don't dislike Ginger, but this show is really trying to make me.

I haven't watched all seasons of this show, but I can't think of a celebrity I like less than Ginger Zee.  From all the pimpage of ABC,the overscoring by the judges, and always going in the last half of the show. Mostly she and her husband just come off as annoying famewhores. 

I am already dreading how she will pimp her newborn for votes  when she robs Paige, Nyle or Wanya of a spot in the finale next week.

• Love 5

I give a 10 to the smoke machine tonight, star of the show, and a 3 to the shadowy figures moving around within the smoke cloud. I assume they were dancing? I couldn't tell. 

I'm wondering why Lindsey chose to stage Wanye's dance in the exact same way that Amber's freestyle to the same song was staged. There's nothing necessarily "Western Saloon" about the song itself, is there? It just brings Wanye unfavorable comparison's to that dance (one of the most fun freestyles in recent memory.)

I really hate the camera effect in Nyle and Peta's dance where they make it faux black and white, save one color. I remember Derek & Nastia used the same effect in one of their dances, and it just makes it look like a 12 year old who just learned Photoshop got their hands on the editing software. ("Crank up the saturation on red! Drop everything else down! Hit high contrast, oh man, this looks awesome.")

I'm weary of the schtick where Len starts talking, and then everyone boos, and then Len acts like he's never heard boos before, and then he pauses for 5 minutes while he asks if he can finish, and then everyone boos again, and then I fastforward until the scores and wish Len would just go away. 

(I guess I'm grumpy tonight.) 

I like Paige, and her low drama, hard working energy. She's got a fun dynamic with Mark, and I hope she sticks around. I still like Nyle, though I feel like he's not progressing as much as I'd want, and Peta's choreography has seemed a bit...I don't know. Bogged down? Frantic? Not as cohesive as I'd want. I really don't mind Ginger, and besides the black on black on black on smoke on black, "invisible dancers" effect they seemed to be going for in their dance, I thought they did a good job this week. (Her husband really is the most annoying though.) 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Big side eyes to both CAI, and Bruno.

Neither of you saw a single moment of herky jerky awkwardness or frantic-ness during the first thirty seconds or so to make that at least a 9?

No kidding! I thought that silent moment they did was really touching, but it didn't make up for what even I (a complete non-dancer) could see was not very good dancing at all.

I also agree it would've been better with just Nyle and Peta.

Also what about Nyle is a sob story?  Being deaf is a sob story?  Nyle doesn't even view being deaf as a disability.  So I can't get behind that view at all. What DWTS viewers eat up are inspirational stories.  People overcoming the odds.  Just sometimes the talent doesn't take the person all the way to a win.  The person also needs to be a good dancer.   See Noah...who I think would have made a run for the S20 title if he was capable of jut a bit more.

I highly doubt every single person, or even the majority, of people watching GMA are voting for Ginger. Even if they were, that doesn't guarantee her a win. 

And I agree, I don't know what exactly makes you think that just because Nyle is deaf that his entire season has been a sob story. Just because Carrie Ann cries at the drop of a hat, and Erin has gotten weepy a couple of times, does not make his dances sob stories. They didn't put in that silent moment tonight to make people cry. I don't think any of his dance or packages have been designed to pull on people's heart strings and squeeze out tears.

And anyway sob stories turning the audience off really isn't true. It might turn a lot of online people off, but if sob stories turned people off I would have been spared having to watching Bindi win last season.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

I can see why Len gave Paige a 9, but what about Bruno's comments seemed like a 9. He said he loved it and gave nothing bad about it. 

The judges dances were nice but the scoring was dumb, why bother if all got the same score?

It'd be a shame if Paige is gone in next week's double elimination, she's clearly the best dancer left (yes, better than Nyle and Wanya), but I wonder about her fanbase. I hope it's grown since the start, but the show is really pushing Ginger. Both of her 30's this week and last, didn't seem like 30's at all. Tonight's Argentine Tango felt jerky in spots and the lighting was dark I could barely see her sometimes.

Wanya in jeopardy twice in a row is odd, but I wonder what that means. No winner has been in jeopardy more than once, if at all. Maybe he really isn't getting votes, could he be a surprise boot next week?

I co-sign to all of this. I can't understand why Bruno wouldn't have given Mark and Paige a 10.  He sounded like he was remarking on it just as Carrie Ann gushed over it.  I hope they come to their senses, it's obvious Ginger won't have a good Freestyle, but Mark and Paige could have a spectacular one. 

The judges dance was a time waster,  I would have preferred a second couple dance.   Ginger is really being over-hyped and over-scored, maybe because she will somehow be part of the DWTS family at the end of this.  I thought the AT was terrible.   I am concerned for Wanye.  

23 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Wanya in jeopardy 2 weeks in a row is exactly what I think it looks like, that he isnt getting the votes and I'm really at a loss why he's still being talked about as a shoo-in for the final 3.  It certainly wouldnt be the first time that someone who appeared to be a front-runner really wasnt getting the votes in reality.  IMO last week him being there was a warning (especially since the week before was such a strong week for him) It was a warning to let people know that he isnt the huge front-runner that many believe he is, jeopardy a second week? That tells me he didnt get the boost in votes that some get when they are put there. Throw in that he's currently at the bottom of the leader board, yeah I do think he could be a surprise boot next week.

I don't have a horse in this race and  don't dislike Ginger, but I equate her being on GMA and having millions of viewers to some of the past contestants that had millions of twitter followers.  Its a crapshoot as to whether or not even half of those viewers are voting. Maybe they are but its not a guarantee.

• Love 1

I think they did everything they could do to push Paige out next week.  Lower scores for no particular reason, no bad comments or put in jeopardy to get people motivated to vote, no emotional storyline.... She's toast.  

• Love 2

Thadeeeyus, I'm afraid you might be on to something. The 9's from Len (his is a little more understanding since he at least mentioned a specific technical flaw) and Bruno (who's made no sense given his gushing praise) worry me a lot. If she's out along with Wanya next week, I'll be tapping out of the finale.

Felt like we had multiple extreme closeups of Jenna and Hayley for some reason. What are the odds that one or both are full-fledged pros next season?

I thought that was a "clever" way for CAI to get around Antonio and Paige dancing with each other. They basically hid behind the two pros until Antonio had lifted her.....and then it was basically one long spinning pass where Paige made pretty shapes with her body. As an athlete that probably suited Antonio about as much as she could have within the Contempaso.

I honestly felt bad for Mark tonight.  He looked lumpy and doughy in that group number, especially in contrast to Antonio's incredible, Adonis physique.  (And wet too?  Yikes.)

Maybe they want Ginger to sub for Erin next year during the World Series and they want viewers to be really familiar with her and that's why she's kind of getting pimped? I actually don't mind her at all.

(edited)

Nyle - Hectic & frantic choreo from Peta.  The song choice did not help either. Whatever issue he had with frame/footwork has still not been corrected. The silent moment in the dance was cool in theory but in practice... I didn't love it. I was taken out of the moment seeing all the extra dancers...and all the guys were not in sync. It was sloppy/rushed in parts and just not his best dance IMO. I still think his VW with Sharna was his best dance.

Antonio - Sharna was dancing the hell out of that VW. This was the best his footwork and frame have looked all season. His best dance so far. I have no read on who he is as a person from his packages....dancing was good tonight but I could care less if he left or not.

Paige - Unpopular opinion but I didn't love it. I prefer a flowy/smooth VW. This was obviously stiff/staccato (by design) in certain spots. I'm kind of "themed" out so I didn't really think Mark needed to inject a theme where one wasn't required. If he wanted a concept piece that's cool but it just seemed a bit heavy handed with the make-up/costumes/smoke etc. Maybe toned it down a little bit. The VW had a contemporary feel to it also. 10's and 9's seem about right for this dance.

Ginger - Loved her outfit. The routine was sharp and clean...but she still has this stiffness in her upper body when doing certain moves.  The multi-changing lift was cool. The facial expression was much improved for the character of this dance...but it could be more sultry. She needs to continue to work on that.  I liked Val's choreo and the content. Would have given it one 10 and some 9's though.

Wanya - The jive content was really good.  He was light on his feet and selling the routine. I wish they had nixed the props. It wasn't even a really effective prop IMO. Also didn't understand the country theme for the dance? Seemed random.

Judges Challenge

Team Len - Was a fun number. Wanya sparkle chest was hilarious.

Team CAI - Having Antonio and Paige "dance together part" being a lift was smart. It was a difficult lift.

Team Bruno - Too many extra dancers in the beginning. Not needed. Jodie and Peta dancing together was good as was Jodie and Nyle. The actual choreo for Nyle and Keo was meh. The spinning lift was not that great. Actual dance steps would have been more effective.

Edited by RemoteControl88
  • Love 1

I almost threw my Diet Coke can through my flatscreen when Bruno gave Wanya a "9" for that mess of a jive he tried to do tonight.  Even before he slipped and lost all sync with Lindsay he was just flailing about and his dance was terrible.  Yet Bruno just told him not to worry if his dancing was all f***ked up because he was trying so hard and Bruno liked his enthusiasm. 

BRUNO!  You admitted he made a bunch of mistakes and this the final six and you are supposed to hold them to a higher standard, but you only deducted one point from perfect??????

I think we are supposed to like Wanya  because he was so good the first few weeks that he was anointed as a great dancer from the get-go--and he was very good--at first.  But he has not been performing well lately but is still coasting on his reputation that he established in week one.

• Love 2