Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Ghost Adventures

Recommended Posts

Did you see the episode of the Haunted Museum? The doll room...way too creepy. Forget the basement.

GAC could do a show with a different "fan" volunteering  to spend a night alone in the Las Vegas museum.

Just place cameras in every room and let the interactions occur organically....

I'd watch that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The contest sounds fun but you have to be a U.S. resident/citizen so sadly I can't sign up. Boo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

You should complain on the GAC/Zak's Facebook that their international fans want their own contest to investigate with them also.

You may get a response...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ive been reading disparaging remarks about Katrina lately on other forums too.  Ive always liked her, going back to her PRS days.  Am I missing something?  A poster had mentioned she did something at Hinsdale house.  What did she do?  Thanks for filling the blanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to investigate with them, but not if it's going to be on tv. I don't even let people take my picture! Plus, I'm old and tired so they'd probably find me in a corner in what looks like the fetal position, but I wouldn't be scared, I'd be napping. Also, I might involuntarily punch Billy if he let out a shriek.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, jewel21 said:

I seriously had thought it was a bear at one point. That is a massive dog, lol. And yup, they should have made a comment on the show.

Billy and Jay both get on my nerves. I miss Nick and he was always my least favourite of the three.

It may have been a big dog, but that doesn't explain the loud thuds.  The dog didn't do it, did it?  Hmmmmm a mystery 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2017 at 0:48 PM, Tammee said:

Way to kill a conversation Tam :)

Aweee...you just said everything so perfectly that no one had anything else to add.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2017 at 9:20 PM, humbleopinion said:

New episode: Skinwalker Canyon

Indian mysticism, rituals

Hallucinogen ingested  called The Ghostbuster

Zak is wearing a ginormous patch on his shirt: GHOST ADVENTURES, in case we forgot

This one aired on Saturday. The best part was watching the guys trip out, haha. Although I would be livid in that scenario. Being on medication, being slipped a 'herb' could still mess with me so yeah, not pleased.

I like it better when Aaron and Zac hunt together. I was kind of sad to see them split up the whole time.

I don't believe in Skinwalkers but I was sad that some poor animal had been sacrificed in the belief of bringing one forth. Not cool.

Edited by jewel21

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/18/2017 at 9:45 PM, Tammee said:

Ive been reading disparaging remarks about Katrina lately on other forums too.  Ive always liked her, going back to her PRS days.  Am I missing something?  A poster had mentioned she did something at Hinsdale house.  What did she do?  Thanks for filling the blanks

I am guessing here and don’t remember if this happened at the Hinsdale house but on one show, she was outside a house talking to the spirits (Nick was in the house) and she said for them to touch Nick, make contact with him or make a large noise.  When she said this I thought it odd.  I then expected her to go back to the house and tell him what she did.  But she didn’t.  I believe the spirit did do something.  

It was never shown on the episode that she told him what she had said.  Since she said it on camera, he would know what she did.  That is the only time I ever saw her do something kind of mean and, for her, out of character.  Nick praises her for her empathy for the dead. Katrina has cried for both the living and the dead on the show so that is why I found it odd.

Lastly, Zac will send his guys alone into a space even if they don’t want to go but he has never told/asked the spirits to make contact with one of his guys.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 0:16 PM, PBSLover said:

I am guessing here and don’t remember if this happened at the Hinsdale house but on one show, she was outside a house talking to the spirits (Nick was in the house) and she said for them to touch Nick, make contact with him or make a large noise.  When she said this I thought it odd.  I then expected her to go back to the house and tell him what she did.  But she didn’t.  I believe the spirit did do something.  

It was never shown on the episode that she told him what she had said.  Since she said it on camera, he would know what she did.  That is the only time I ever saw her do something kind of mean and, for her, out of character.  Nick praises her for her empathy for the dead. Katrina has cried for both the living and the dead on the show so that is why I found it odd.

Lastly, Zac will send his guys alone into a space even if they don’t want to go but he has never told/asked the spirits to make contact with one of his guys.

Oh ok. Thanks for the details.  I dont think it was malacious.  Theyre friends.  That was something she used to do on PRS with Ryan.  They would do it back and forth as a form of contact or validation.  I dont think she would want to do harm to Nick.  Ive always thought that this and other shows should have a full staff on call of a priest, a shaman, Amy Adams :) to help with attachments 

On 7/23/2017 at 10:40 PM, jewel21 said:

 

I like it better when Aaron and Zac hunt together. I was kind of sad to see them split up the whole time.

Same here.  I think they have fun hunting together and can be quite comical.  Zac is a serious dude though and knows solo Aaron usually means results

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2017 at 5:06 PM, notyrmomma said:

Aweee...you just said everything so perfectly that no one had anything else to add.

Hee thanks :)  I do tend to ramble

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2017 at 10:13 AM, Tammee said:

It can seem that way, I agree.  I think part of the reason he sends Aaron in like that, is because Aaron has a natural empathy and kindness that people/spirits can relate to and gravitate towards.  He gets responses..now, NOT to say that Zak is mean and not empathetic.  He is very kind and nice. Its just in a different way. Sidebar #1 I think he has a lot more pressure on his shoulders to produce a good show.  I can see and get it because I am the same way.  My sister is more like Aaron.  Kids run to her all the time and from me HAH.  Sidebar #2  I was excited when they did a couple eps in Colorado a few years back and Zak was tweeting about maybe buying a house here. I dont think it ever happened though.  Sigh, denied again.  Heh kidding. Sidebar #3 kidding, no more sidebars.  I just hope I got my point across without demonizing (hah pun) Zak, because I dont mean to do that.

You know I have noticed these last eps, in fact since this latest season returned, that Zak is much more, for lack of a better word, 'laid back'.  He is not as ordering esp with Aaron.  He is sending Aaron alone less, and the two of them going together more. Which has always been the better way imho. They have good chemistry together.  He just seems more chill

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

As much as I  believe in the paranormal..( had many of my own experiences)....I just CANNOT   take Zac seriously...sorry!!!!  

Share this post


Link to post

No matter if you like Zac or not, the show is still very watchable.

Tonight has a new episode...scary/possessed stuff from his museum.

 

Just watched The Lowe Files with Rob Lowe and his sons doing paranormal investigating...if you take the word "crazy" out of the dialogue then there would be little else said.

All 3 Lowes need to keep their day jobs.

Feel bad for the 2 young Lowes...their dad is so handsome they blend into the scenery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I agree about the Lowe Files.  Such a stupid show. I watched the premiere episode. They went into the space, got intelligent replies to some questions, then just stood there and did nothing.  A ridiculous show.  But all the locals were THRILLED to have Rob Lowe in their town. Please.

 

Tonight’s GA episode is just nuts though there is 40 minutes left.  Can I just say, who would carry a dybbuk box unsealed around?????  No chain, no lock, no closure.  AND why the hell did they leave an unlocked box with a virtual stranger????  AND why the hell didn’t they stop him?  Like the the entire cast and crew?  Did they not go down there because they were all afraid?  What the hell is happening?????

Edited by PBSLover

Share this post


Link to post

and now they have opened the box IN THE TEMPLE!!!!  I thought dybbuk boxes were never supposed to be opened???? And we are now onto another story. No explanations.  This is just crazy.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought the same thing but if you look closely the opened box in the temple has a scroll decoration so I don't think it is the same as the haunted dyybuk box, I have to watch the episode again and look at the interior of the doors more closely.

Here's another dyybuk episode...the owner who buried it in his yard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

No matter if you like Zac or not, the show is still very watchable.

Tonight has a new episode...scary/possessed stuff from his museum.

 

Just watched The Lowe Files with Rob Lowe and his sons doing paranormal investigating...if you take the word "crazy" out of the dialogue then there would be little else said.

All 3 Lowes need to keep their day jobs.

Feel bad for the 2 young Lowes...their dad is so handsome they blend into the scenery.

Cracks me up how they rag on Rob, 'quit posing like there's a camera' hee.  IDK, I like the show.  I like the amount of humor and that they're pretty tongue in cheek.  I also like that they're investigating off the cuff stuff, not your cookie cutter stuff.  Who ever knew that was under LA?  I sure didn't.  Was the first ep Waverly Hills?  They never said the name, but thats what I thought.  The one stellar moment was Shaman John rolling the ball down the stairs and scaring everybody LMAO!   Ok back on topic, both those items are creepy as f*ck!  I wouldn't want to be in the same room as them

Share this post


Link to post

Man that was lame - basically straight up renaming Deadly Possessions as Ghost Adventures Artifacts (how it was listed on my guide) so it got picked up as new. There are several people who have been on any number of paranormal shows that I believe are unrepentant hoaxers, and all of the dybbuk box people can have a seat next to David Oman, the Seattle couple, the Zozo folks, and several others.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, Ananayel said:

Man that was lame - basically straight up renaming Deadly Possessions as Ghost Adventures Artifacts (how it was listed on my guide) so it got picked up as new. There are several people who have been on any number of paranormal shows that I believe are unrepentant hoaxers, and all of the dybbuk box people can have a seat next to David Oman, the Seattle couple, the Zozo folks, and several others.

Yea, I tend to agree about the DB.  I never got why, oh the horror!, it should never be unearthed, never be opened, etc.  Yet there it is. Unearthed and open.  wtf?  That doll was creepy enough to give me nightmares.  I don't like creepy clowns and I don't like creepy dolls.  Send it to Doll Island.  Its perfect for there

On 8/13/2017 at 8:26 AM, humbleopinion said:

I thought the same thing but if you look closely the opened box in the temple has a scroll decoration so I don't think it is the same as the haunted dyybuk box, I have to watch the episode again and look at the interior of the doors more closely.

Here's another dyybuk episode...the owner who buried it in his yard.

From what I understand theres several boxes so the wood maybe different. No?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yea, I tend to agree about the DB.  I never got why, oh the horror!, it should never be unearthed, never be opened, etc.  Yet there it is. Unearthed and open.  wtf?  That doll was creepy enough to give me nightmares.  I don't like creepy clowns and I don't like creepy dolls.  Send it to Doll Island.  Its perfect for there

Ha!  Anyone who sends that doll to Doll Island will probably be struck by lighting.  That doll was scary and I cannot believe Zak took a photo with him but are we surprised?????

Share this post


Link to post

The dyybuk box in the temple was THE ACTUAL ONE that was buried underground by the guy closest to the box and we saw possess the big dude in the museum basement.

It now is owned by Zac for the museum.

The Robert doll was asked permission if he could be placed in Zac's lap by Zac and his care keeper.

She did so respectfully and Zac thanked the Robert doll so it wasn't going to affect Zac in a negative way.

The Robert doll went back home.

Time for a road trip to Zac's Museum...if it ever opens...the date is still TBD

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The Robert doll was asked permission if he could be placed in Zac's lap by Zac and his care keeper.

She did so respectfully and Zac thanked the Robert doll so it wasn't going to affect Zac in a negative way.

I watched the show so I know Zak asked Robert to take a photo.  But what if Robert didn’t want it?  Anyway, moving on....

Share this post


Link to post

If Robert the Doll wasn't cool with being sat upon Zac's lap and photographed then all kinds of tragedy would have befallen Zac...but guess everything is okay dokey smokey...

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/16/2017 at 0:01 AM, PBSLover said:

I watched the show so I know Zak asked Robert to take a photo.  But what if Robert didn’t want it?  Anyway, moving on....

That's a really great point! How would one know?  Just a bad feeling?  One of dread? Like, don't touch the hot plate! You know you want to, yet you don't.  Hmmm, IDK, I must go ponder.....

Share this post


Link to post

I'm beginning to think that thing is just a tax write off at this point. How can it possibly be taking so long to open?

ETA: Zak's twitter claims it will be open "soon" and specifies "before October." I mean, if they've waited this long, why not wait until Halloween?

Edited by Ananayel

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2017 at 0:20 PM, Tammee said:

Im glad they revisited the Black Dahlia case.  Its always fascinated me.

I couldn't watch that and, last night, I turned off the Museum show (Ghost Artifacts or whatever - not that interested in accuracy of the title) because I listened to Zac go on for a few minutes about Ed Gein and I was nauseated and thought, "I don't need to hear this," so I put on Everyone Loves Raymond. I'm familiar with both of these cases but - and this is something I wish Zac would dial back and grow up already about - he tends to really revel in lurid details... Murder, prostitutes!! Woo hoo!! It's off-putting, at least to me.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OneWouldHope said:

I couldn't watch that and, last night, I turned off the Museum show (Ghost Artifacts or whatever - not that interested in accuracy of the title) because I listened to Zac go on for a few minutes about Ed Gein and I was nauseated and thought, "I don't need to hear this," so I put on Everyone Loves Raymond. I'm familiar with both of these cases but - and this is something I wish Zac would dial back and grow up already about - he tends to really revel in lurid details... Murder, prostitutes!! Woo hoo!! It's off-putting, at least to me.

It can get gruesome at times...there's a few I can't watch because I get so creeped out.  Like the  Bobby Mackey eps.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone else caught an episode of Ghost Adventures: Artifacts? We watched the one where Zak was discussing/showing off the cauldron that was supposedly owned by Ed Gein, and the crying boy painting. It was amazing just how much he and his guests got wrong. What made it worse was all it took was a little simple Googling and he'd have known he was being scammed in both cases.

First, when it comes to Ed Gein paraphernalia, it's widely known that the police destroyed everything that had to do with his crimes. Second, Ed Gein was not a serial killer. He was simply a double murderer, having killed two people. Takes more than two of anything to make a pattern. I could go on and on, but the point is that basically everything they talked about was wrong. Also, you don't need to have a "death wish" if you bring up Ed Gein in Plainfield. Sure, the local people there aren't going to be very happy about it, but the worst you're going to suffer is ostracism. How do I know? I lived in Plainfield, WI in the 1980's. The people don't particularly want to talk about Ed Gein, but if you don't insist on it after they refuse, they'll continue to be (at worst) civil to you, if not friendly.

As for the crying boy painting, it's only the reproductions of that painting that were made in the 1950's that don't burn in a house fire. The company that made them back then put so much fire retardant on them that it takes around 10 hours to burn one - and house fires generally don't last that long. Reproductions made after the 1950's burn like anything else. This information is easily found on the Internet.

In spite of this, we're going to continue watching because it will be fun to debunk all the "haunted" or "possessed" items that Zak gets conned into buying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2017 at 10:36 PM, humbleopinion said:

The nipple belt and doorbell did cross the line of good taste.

The thing is that the "nipple doorbell" is complete fiction. There was A LOT of fiction in the segment about Ed Gein. Seriously. I cannot stress this enough: A LOT. So much so that it was almost entirely made up. Everything Ed Gein used in the commission of his crimes was destroyed by the police. The cauldrons that were found on the property had long since fallen into disuse. The guy was basically a hoarder, too. Yes, he killed two people, but that does not make him a serial killer. The other bodies were all exhumed. He did not cook and eat anyone or even parts of anyone. Ed Gein was viewed by the community as strange, yet harmless. They did not hate or revile him until after people knew what he had done. You're also not going to threatened with violence for bringing him up in town. While people in Plainfield, WI don't want to talk about it, the worst they'll do is ostracize you. If you let the matter drop when they refuse to discuss it, they generally won't even ostracize you. (I lived in Plainfield, WI for a few years in the 1980's.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I swear, that alleged "museum" of his, if it ever opens, is just a tax write off. That John Zaffis dude tried the same thing - had the show Haunted Collector, where he'd go around and get people to "donate" "haunted" for his museum-thingie. Also, it's super lame that this show is literally Deadly Possessions renamed, but I guess they wanted to have it be the same naming format as the other spinoffs: GA: Aftershocks, GA: Extra Pulses,  but I don't know why they couldn't have just made it be GA: Deadly Possessions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Zac over dramatizes everything. And he's always reaching.

For example, that stupid word machine says "water" and suddenly Zac is like "did the spirit say water because it rained on the day he was murdered and he drank a glass just before he died?"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I watch The Lowe Files, and on the very first episode they were at a place already investigated by GA (can't remember the name, too lazy to look it up, Preston Castle maybe?) and Rob did the same thing. The machine said "beat" and he said she must have been beaten! His son called him right out on "building a narrative" - the woman had been strangled. Rob tried to say she must have been beaten too, but his son just wasn't having it.

According to Zak's twitter, interviews for museum staff start next week, opening next month. I've been burned before Zak....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Zac over dramatizes everything. And he's always reaching.

For example, that stupid word machine says "water" and suddenly Zac is like "did the spirit say water because it rained on the day he was murdered and he drank a glass just before he died?"

LOL! LOL! LOL! Oh my God. That made me laugh so hard. He drives me crazy doing stuff like that. Whenever he does, I'm always like Joe Friday with a "Just the facts, ma'am."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, man. John Zaffis. That dude is a shyster. We watched a few episodes of Haunted Collector and were both amused and dismayed that all the stuff that's supposedly haunted appears to have high intrinsic value. His show felt like he and his team were robbing the people while they were standing right there.

I agree they could have just gone with GA: Deadly Possessions. I like Aftershocks. I avoid Extra Pulses because all of those types of shows annoy me. I don't do "social" versions of shows and  don't do "extended" versions. I'm not interested in reading what other people had to say on Twitter ("social" versions) and if the producers can't be arsed to show me the "extended" version the first time, then I can' be arsed to give them more of my time to get perhaps 5 minutes of new footage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2017 at 4:48 PM, OneWouldHope said:

I listened to Zac go on for a few minutes about Ed Gein and I was nauseated and thought, "I don't need to hear this," so I put on Everyone Loves Raymond. I'm familiar with both of these cases but - and this is something I wish Zac would dial back and grow up already about - he tends to really revel in lurid details... Murder, prostitutes!! Woo hoo!! It's off-putting, at least to me.

I turned off the sound on the Ed Gein portion of the show.  It was not scary or interesting.  It was just gross.  I didn’t want to hear all the details (what the fuck happened to this guy to make him such a sick fuck????). No thanks.  It’s just too gross.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

His show felt like he and his team were robbing the people while they were standing right there.

But he doesn’t sell any of it and those people are asking for him to take whatever it is, out of their home. They don’t want that energy in their lives.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

But he doesn’t sell any of it and those people are asking for him to take whatever it is, out of their home. They don’t want that energy in their lives.

Well, he hasn't sold any of it yet (probably). However, if he ever needed some quick cash, I wouldn't doubt that those "haunted" items would be quickly up for sale. As for those people asking him to take it out of their home? They're doing this based on information he is giving them. The fact that nearly all the items appear to have high intrinsic value makes this suspect. Why isn't it ever a piece of junk that he's claiming is haunted?

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Yes, he killed two people, but that does not make him a serial killer.

Oh, is that all? (TM, Marilyn Monroe in "How to Marry a Millionaire") Of course, I'm kidding,. Two is too many, but not as gruesome as the story Zac apparently was launching into. I'm glad I skipped after all. 

That said,  still, I can't deny that I'm just waiting for the Saturday night marathon to fire up - it truly is a guilty pleasure, since I don't believe a lick of it.  Which isn't  to say I'm a complete unbeliever, but I am skeptical and haven't seen anything to change my mind yet  (see jewel21 above!).

Share this post


Link to post

No clue. But for example, I believe he has human teeth.  I don’t know if that would really be considered a coveted item.

In regards to tonight’s Artifacts show, did anyone look at the screen when Peggy’s face was revealed?  I didn’t look.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw something on YouTube this week that said all items owned by Ed Gein were destroyed by the police.  Then I saw another video that listed it among the most gruesome items ever in circulation.  So...

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, is this 'artifacts' show just a rename of his museum episodes? Because I feel like I've already seen these episodes you speak of...

Last night they aired the episode where they go to "Nonna's" a pizzeria where the owners have been cursed by a witch. I haven't finished the episode, though, so I'll be back later but so far I found it interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, PBSLover said:

No clue. But for example, I believe he has human teeth.  I don’t know if that would really be considered a coveted item.

In regards to tonight’s Artifacts show, did anyone look at the screen when Peggy’s face was revealed?  I didn’t look.

Me either! Hah, although further into the ep, Id look away whenever they showed her but I still got glimpses. Hopefully not enough to do anything lol

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×