Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Ghost Adventures

Recommended Posts

Recently, Zac tends to solemnly state "We were more scared then we've ever been, so I made the decision to go back to the control room and have Aaron investigate alone."  I LOVE THAT!  That is ALWAYS good for a great laugh. Thanks Zac!!  That little stick figure which pops up on one of their machines periodically is interesting.  Just wish they would HELP the situations they investigate instead of riling up the ghosts.  That is no good.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Eme said:

Recently, Zac tends to solemnly state "We were more scared then we've ever been, so I made the decision to go back to the control room and have Aaron investigate alone."  I LOVE THAT!  That is ALWAYS good for a great laugh. Thanks Zac!!  That little stick figure which pops up on one of their machines periodically is interesting.  Just wish they would HELP the situations they investigate instead of riling up the ghosts.  That is no good.   

Hahaha i know, thats always funny.  But i do prefer solemn Zak to bossy, shrill Zak.  To me he seems much more calm.  I think they help when they can, saging etc, but they arent demonologists or exorcists.  Agreed about riling them up, but not sure how they can research without stirring them up.  Altho, they could already be causing a ruckus, which iss why they call in the crew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The first episode of this season broke records, not just for the show, but for Travel Channel. I think we'll be seeing the DudeBros for a good long while.

It was really weird to see Zak in night-vision after he'd been apparently trying to sleep, and his hair wasn't standing straight up. Also, he really needs to learn to pronounce "towards." Among other things.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ananayel said:

The first episode of this season broke records, not just for the show, but for Travel Channel. I think we'll be seeing the DudeBros for a good long while.

It was really weird to see Zak in night-vision after he'd been apparently trying to sleep, and his hair wasn't standing straight up. Also, he really needs to learn to pronounce "towards." Among other things.

I also noticed he always pronounces "doll" as "dull". That's part of the charm to me though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I want to live in the Enchanted Forest!!  What an awesome place!

Sidenote

 

Watched a rerun of the Desoto Hotel & Concordia cemetery.  Holy Hell, i forgot how creepy that ep was, creepy as F*CK!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Amy...Aaron's shorty sister.

Zak was  goofy and giddy on this episode.

Good to mix the shows up with some lighter fare like this one, too many dark and demonic really affects the moods  of the GAC.

Share this post


Link to post

So last night in one episode went to a Reservation in NM (I've seen it before) and they had some creepy experiences (naturally).  At the beginning, Zac says a tribal Shaman told the family to build a house on another spot on the land.  So a Shaman had already been consulted.  Zac and Crew figured out there is a magnetic field from a spot in the yard directly to the mobile home outside the house.  In the mobile home the family had all seen a demon and had all experienced some paranormal.  So they go there, Zac and crew rile up the entitles then leave.  Seriously?  At the credits, Zac says, we left them knowing that they had paranormal things, and that they need to get it cleansed.  Really Zac?  That in a nutshell is my problem with Zac going to a place where a family lives.  THEY DO NOT HELP THEM!  They only rile up the entities, get their info, scream Dude! a few times, then leave.  

This family needed Amy and Steve from the Dead Files over there.  And it is very likely that Amy will tell them to leave since even Zac acknowledged that THE LAND was BAD.  Okey then.  If the Natives can't cleanse it....um, no one can. IMO.  

The second episode last night returned to the LV space where they had previously investigated with that couple -- the one where the murder-suicide happened.  So Very Sad!   So Billy is overcome and is crying and his machine records the woman saying "Billy is upset."  YIKES!  Even I could hear her voice. WHY OH WHY didn't they ask her More Questions? If she is still hanging around, she needs to GO INTO THE LIGHT!!  Why didn't they help her move on?  That was just crazy.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Agree that in past season the GAC crew riled up the entities and then said buh-bye...but think that in recent seasons the GAC crew doesn't abandon the families and do get them help, but doesn't film it to keep the show's recipe intact.

I would hope Zak, Billy, Aaron, Jay and the production company had the integrity to not use a family and then not get them help.

The Washoe episode was intense because this involved Deb and Mark.

The couple had kids so maybe GAC wanted to respect them and not expose personal communications that would be too revealing.

The Galka episode and last night's final Washoe episode are the saddest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did Zak investigate Randy Travis , perpetrator of the Fire in the Sky hoax, or did someone change the channel at the gym ? 

Edited by Ubiquitous

Share this post


Link to post

Do you mean Travis Walton? I think Randy Travis is a country singer.

This one was taxidermied animals everywhere, Native American death artifacts, and I'm pretty sure Billy was sobbing.

Share this post


Link to post

So I really liked last night's episode and of course I can’t remember the name of the site. But I enjoyed actually seeing some proof caught on tape-the door moving and the chair moving. That was all pretty wild. I’m not sure if it was a new ep or a rerun. 

Share this post


Link to post

I am not happy about those ridiculous Tennessee Wraith Chasers coming to the Travel Channel.  Don’t be horning in on my Ghost Adventures dudes! Aside from the fact that I think they’re idiotic, as Harry The Hat put it on Cheers: “I don’t like someone else plucking my pigeons!” (Which isn’t exactly an apt analogy but it conveys my protective feeling for the Ghost Dudes).  

Anyway,  I’ve been watching the last few weeks, even watched the Extra Pulses last night (the Zalud house) which I never normally do. This time around I could actually read the extra content bubbles and even the (usually inane) tweets. 

I taped the two-hour Hell in Texas or whatever it was special but haven’t watched it yet. Anyone?

Edited by mme ginger · Reason: Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, I figured as much, which is why I haven’t bothered to watch it - and almost didn’t bother to tape it. But I figured I’d still find some fun moments...

Share this post


Link to post

DTour has aired a promo stating that new episodes of Ghost Adventures will air August 28th. From what I understand, these "new" episodes have already aired in the U.S. I don't recall the description for the first episode, but the following week states the gang will be investigating a 'beloved amusement park' and I recall Aaron talking about that awhile back... In any case, it'll be nice to watch episodes I haven't seen yet.  

Share this post


Link to post

The Enchanted Forest located in Turner, Ore, is the local attraction that Aaron and his sister visited as children.

Nice to have his sister on the show with him...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/26/2018 at 10:36 AM, humbleopinion said:

 Hell in Texas is just a repackaging of old episodes filmed in Texas... nothing new

Yea GAC is just finally raising to what the other shows are already doing for while now. They deserve to get that scratch too.  I love what they are doing as far as production and spooktober!

Share this post


Link to post

Getting caught up on the 2 hour eps, watched Land of the Dead last night.  Boy i dont remember anything about that skinwalker ep!  The one Ive seen where they leave Bill alone on a mountain top and he tries to have contact (Bill wanted to do that). This ep was much better! I want to re watch it.  I do remember the the Shaman woman and the tripping in the car hahaha.  Im so excited for the October arc. All month long.  I love when they do story arcs ala Vicksburg

Share this post


Link to post

DTour aired the Washoe Club final chapter last Tuesday. It was probably their best episode in a long time. It felt very old school, loved the boys goofing off and Zac making chocolates, lol. And that EVP did sound like Debbie. 

Share this post


Link to post

Post Malone ‘cursed’ after messing with ‘most haunted object’ before string of unfortunate events

Quote

Hanging out with Ghost Adventures star Zac Bagans at his Haunted Museum – sounds spooky enough already – the Rock Star rapper can be seen touching the shoulder of Zac who was touching the object that is normally hidden behind protective glass.

I have no clue who he is, but the Dybbuk box is nonsense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This is my first time posting to the forum for this show, which I watch quite regularly.

I've been watching the live show tonight (Halloween) and was surprised that there wasn't a topic started for this live episode.

I really don't want to upset any rabid GA fans but we are now almost three and a half hours into this live presentation and Zak has yet to open the Dibbuk Box! He and the rest of the crew keep doing everything but open the darned box. There was even an alleged rabbi who showed up, supposedly contacted in advance by Zak to remove any demons released by the box, but then behaved as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do and he and Zak got into it.

So, IMHO, this live show is total and complete bullshit! Especially so given how Zak opens each show about taking years to establish their credibility AND that this episode has been advertised for weeks that they would be opening the box. Zak, I can hear your credibility swirling the toilet and I didn't even need any special paranormal equipment to hear it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in process of watching the live event (well, not live now, since I'm watching on the DVR). I'm actually enjoying it so far. Stuff tarted happening when they first entered too, which was a plus.

Edited by Lili

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lili said:

I'm in process of watching the live event (well, not live now, since I'm watching on the DVR). I'm actually enjoying it so far. Stuff tarted happening when they first entered too, which was a plus.

My apologies Lili if I spoiled your viewing of the live show; gotta learn how to use the spoiler alert!

As I said above, it is not my intent to criticize any fans of this show. I just felt really ripped off that, again IMHO, this was basically a four hour commercial for their new season which really left a bad taste in my mouth. I truly respect any person's sincerity and honesty, whether I agree with their point of view of not. I found this four hour whatever it was to be both insincere and dishonest.

Share this post


Link to post

I had to work late last night so I missed the beginning, and then had to scramble around getting ready for today. But the main questions I have are these:

Why can't Zak ever wear pants that fit? He looked like a little kid trying on daddy's clothes.

Why does he lick his lips so much?

Who did Josh Gates piss off that he got stuck hosting this mess? (Don't get me wrong, I adore Josh, but this seemed random.)

A police escort? Really? (That's not really a question, I guess.)

I think the Dybbuk box is a load of hooey, as are most things in that museum, but they've been hyping it for weeks and then crapped the bed. I'll watch again tonight on demand if possible, and see if any of it makes better sense. But I think overall, other than being yet another promo for the museum, it was a fail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I had to work late last night so I missed the beginning, and then had to scramble around getting ready for today. But the main questions I have are these:

Why can't Zak ever wear pants that fit? He looked like a little kid trying on daddy's clothes.

Why does he lick his lips so much?

Who did Josh Gates piss off that he got stuck hosting this mess? (Don't get me wrong, I adore Josh, but this seemed random.)

A police escort? Really? (That's not really a question, I guess.)

I think the Dybbuk box is a load of hooey, as are most things in that museum, but they've been hyping it for weeks and then crapped the bed. I'll watch again tonight on demand if possible, and see if any of it makes better sense. But I think overall, other than being yet another promo for the museum, it was a fail.

Hahaha Ananayel your post is too funny! Zak and his baggy pants, so nineties. Yes also re: Josh Gates hosting which I thought was weird since usually he expresses a great deal of scepticism on his show about anything paranormal. And, yep, you are right on about that police escort! Is Las Vegas--visited and loved many times-- so crime free that they have time for such nonsense?

I really had to quote your post because of the bolded part about crapping the bed, lol! Well said and so true.

As for hoping that you can make better sense of this "special" by watching it again, I would say don't torture yourself but please let us know if it comes off as more than a four hour boorish epic fail.

Edited by DC Gal in VA · Reason: Typo.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I really don't want to upset any rabid GA fans but we are now almost three and a half hours into this live presentation and Zak has yet to open the Dibbuk Box! He and the rest of the crew keep doing everything but open the darned box. There was even an alleged rabbi who showed up, supposedly contacted in advance by Zak to remove any demons released by the box, but then behaved as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do and he and Zak got into it.

So, IMHO, this live show is total and complete bullshit! Especially so given how Zak opens each show about taking years to establish their credibility AND that this episode has been advertised for weeks that they would be opening the box. Zak, I can hear your credibility swirling the toilet and I didn't even need any special paranormal equipment to hear it!

I'm TV literate enough to know that they wouldn't open the box until the very end, otherwise, everyone would change the change before the show ended. Seeing where it took place also clued me in to it being a promotion for his Lewis Vendredi museum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I'm TV literate enough to know that they wouldn't open the box until the very end, otherwise, everyone would change the change before the show ended. Seeing where it took place also clued me in to it being a promotion for his Lewis Vendredi museum.

Oh yeah Ubiquitous I'd like to think of myself as pretty tv savvy as well and knew they would drag it out to the bitter end, except............................ they NEVER opened the box! Big difference. Being melodramatic is one thing -- hey, it's not called "show business" for nothin' -- lying to your fans to pump up anticipation for the new season is, well, not even remotely cool. Hopefully, this ridiculous stunt will backfire and many of those said fans will head for the exits, but probably not.

Although I am a regular watcher, I would not classify myself as an avid fan since I have a list of issues with this show so I plan on watching little or no GA for awhile.

Edited by DC Gal in VA · Reason: Additional comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 

Oy what a waste of time....I tried to stay awake...really I did...I love GA I love the guys and its a fun show...I do not believe in anything so this is just pure entertainment for me...but wow I must drink more coffee to watch this live event.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh yeah Ubiquitous I'd like to think of myself as pretty tv savvy as well and knew they would drag it out to the bitter end, except............................ they NEVER opened the box!

Oh, I thought they eventually opened it. Yeah, that's even worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/1/2018 at 1:12 PM, Ubiquitous said:

I'm TV literate enough to know that they wouldn't open the box until the very end, otherwise, everyone would change the change before the show ended. Seeing where it took place also clued me in to it being a promotion for his Lewis Vendredi museum.

Wow @Ubiquitousyou really took me back with the Lewis Vendredi museum.  I miss that show soooooooooo much!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

OK. Full Disclosure:  I love this show - It is pure entertainment.  I LOVED that they had a 4-hour LIVE episode on Halloween!  My beef with them (there are a few) is that he even has that Box in his possession.  That is not a smart thing. The only smart thing he did was to NOT OPEN IT!  Sheesh!  There are some strange things attached to it and he should leave it alone....it was best buried, but there it is in his museum.  

My Main Beef is that they go places....they rile up the entities....then they LEAVE without any resolution....no help to the people who live there.  Nada.  That is bad.  Really Bad Karma for them and Really Bad Karma for the people who they abandon with the riled up entities....  Nonetheless,  I enjoy Aaron running around being scared.  I enjoy Zac's voiceovers sending Aaron to crazy places alone.   I would love to see a show about the house in Gary that Zac supposedly bought -- whatever happened to that?

I LOVED that Josh Gates hosted!!  I love him and I thought it was HILARIOUS that he did not step foot in that museum and kept his distance....I feel you Josh!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, Eme said:

OK. Full Disclosure:  I love this show - It is pure entertainment.  I LOVED that they had a 4-hour LIVE episode on Halloween!  My beef with them (there are a few) is that he even has that Box in his possession.  That is not a smart thing. The only smart thing he did was to NOT OPEN IT!  Sheesh!  There are some strange things attached to it and he should leave it alone....it was best buried, but there it is in his museum.  

The Dubya Box was debunked as a hoax some time ago.

Share this post


Link to post

To be honest, I was kind of surprised they didn't open the Dybbuk Box, as Zak is known to take some risks. But I guess that's too much, even for him. But at the same time, I'm glad they didn't, because that thing is so powerful, who knows if it has an effect on anymore watching the show?

Share this post


Link to post

So, I didn't think it would be possible to have anything more ridiculous than Seattle Demon, and then we got the bizarre yet strangely comedic gift of Terror in Fontana. I just... you guys. I can't! As soon as I laid eyes on Mom's glitter eyeshadow, I knew we were in for a doozie. I will need to watch this one again. Billy came off as the sensible one! What is even happening?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So his opening the box was or wasn't as bad and Geraldo Rivera and Al Capone's vault?

I watched a little of a few of the all-night marathon.  The woman and her kids who had the demon and yet no one could tell the boy was scratching the sheets?  COME ON!  Having shared a room as a kid I can tell you that you do not even need to be in the bed but merely by it to know when someone is scratching the sheets with their feet/toes.  That is how some kids learn to soothe themselves to sleep.

Since there is no Travel Channel in Misc forums I just want to say - So the Travel Channel is all horror all the time then?

Share this post


Link to post

Glitter eye shadow so thick she could hardly open her eye lids was the first indication of the weirdness to come....

Her choice of bustier type top worn to sleep with her 11 year old son, 5 year old son at her sides and Zak at her feet...red flag...

The singing...oy vey....no wonder no one sleeps...she keeps those kids up all night....

Feel bad the 11 year is affected...I would have pixalated his face...he will have to deal with SM and school bullying for a long time to come...not fair to him...

Zac was right to call in the reinforcements to help him and the family...real or not....

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oy that eyeshadow...sparkle sparkle...look at me im cute arent I...sorry but a waste of time.  What is going on with this show...I loved it...this was horrid worse than the live one....what a bunch of hooey this show was...fake fake fake

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This would have been way more entertaining if she hadn't involved the kids. Poor kids. She's probably mad that Dad works second shift (conveniently not able to see what goes on, and has to rely on hearsay) and cooked this up to get attention.

They really need to step back and figure out where the show is going and what they want it to be. I think Travel Channel would be hard pressed to cancel it, since Zak, Andrew Zimmern, and Josh Gates seem to be carrying that entire channel. Hey, maybe Zak is tired of doing it, and wants to focus on his museum and maybe branch out into a production company or something, but can't resist the easy money TC throws at him, so is trying to sabotage it into cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post

There but for the grace of God go I...Zac sees what happened to Nick Groff and won't be going anywhere as long as Travel Channel is will to make him a headliner on the Travel Channel....

On a side note...Nick's show on Destination America...quick!...name 3 other shows on Destination American will be starting with fresh new episodes of Paranormal Lockdown Dec 4th...with Katrina

Travel Channel versus Destination America Channels....Zac is smarter to stay with Travel Channel....

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, Ananayel said:

So, I didn't think it would be possible to have anything more ridiculous than Seattle Demon, and then we got the bizarre yet strangely comedic gift of Terror in Fontana. I just... you guys. I can't! As soon as I laid eyes on Mom's glitter eyeshadow, I knew we were in for a doozie. I will need to watch this one again. Billy came off as the sensible one! What is even happening?!

I assumed the new ep was a rerun of the (fake) Seattle Demon or some sort of update.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no! It's like Demons in Seattle, but in the hands of even nutsier people. On steroids even! Demons! On Steroids! Yeah, it's the episode that comes the closest to being an actual, if accidental, parody of Ghost Adventures. I'm sure it has already spawned many memes. The only bad thing about it is that it involves kids, otherwise it would probably be my second favorite. My favorite has to be Longfellow's Wayside Inn, just for Zak's poetry, musical attempts, dealing awkwardly with Inn guests, Soup shoutout, and the opening dinner table.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'll have to look for it on demand.

Zack slipped on ice while reading a love sonnette for the lady ghost at the Wzyward Inn, right?

Edited by Ubiquitous

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, sure did! Replayed in slo mo several times. I think this may also be where he goes up to the counter and asks the woman behind it if she comes here often, and she's all "uh, I work here..."

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×