Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Bel Panto: Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Of course sending the ISIS/Figgis Agency crew at a fancy fundraiser was gonna be amazing. And then having the Joker gang infiltrate it and ending with Archer about to kick all their asses? Also amazing.

I have Cheryl's (er, Tania's) opinion on stuffy events. "Hire a clown, tinnitus people!" I loved that the fundraiser actually WAS for a Tinnitus group.

"Man, whatever happened to blimps?" Loved that callback to Skytanic.

• Love 1

I was a little distracted . . . the big TV wasn't getting FX, so I had to hustle to my room.

Any reason why the insane clown posse released all of the hostages except for our usual players and Jon O'Hur .. . Her . ..  . J. Peterman? Lucky that the clowns haven't noticed Archer in their midst. Of course, he gets all the breaks, what with killing somebody and making out with Veronica Deane. If Lana doesn't lose a high heel up his ass, I will be mildly surprised.

"I fucked you on a blimp!" Good times. The gang and the upper crust haven't mixed well since, have they?

• Love 2

This was a fun episode. Loved that the hostage takers were dress like the Joker gang from The Dark Knight and I also loved that Archer's plan of taking one of the gang member's costume actually worked. Part of me was expecting that Archer would fail but nope, the plan seemed to have worked out (for now).

I also love that Cheryl found the hostage takers to be hot (well it is not surprising- knowing her) and my favorite, for tonight was, what Ray said about Casper.

• Love 1

I felt that this episode was a little flat.

One reason is that most of the core characters (except for Archer and Cheryl) are just there and don't contribute much, though Lana did bring back her shrewishness again (something no one asked for).

Another is that the plot was flat and didn't seem major enough to warrant a two parter.  Two parters are usually reserved for season finales and the stakes didn't seem high enough I didn't feel the suspense two part episodes are supposed to invoke.

So, yeah.  I didn't much care for this episode.  Maybe part two will be better.

I loved Archer explaining why he had to kill Pink Clown and that his plan is working for now.

The jealousy angle was annoying, but that was a movie star quality kiss he laid on whatsherface.

15 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

This was a fun episode. Loved that the hostage takers were dress like the Joker gang from The Dark Knight and I also loved that Archer's plan of taking one of the gang member's costume actually worked. Part of me was expecting that Archer would fail but nope, the plan seemed to have worked out (for now).

I also love that Cheryl found the hostage takers to be hot (well it is not surprising- knowing her) and my favorite, for tonight was, what Ray said about Casper.

I don't get the Casper thing?  It was funny. But I did not get it at all. 

I wonder if they're dressing the gang up like the Jokers gang from Dark Knight means anything? 

Of course Cheryl is all about getting with the hostage takers. Thats just her type. And, hey! Archers plan worked! Granted, we still have a part two to see it all fall apart, but for now its a win. A win involving a neck getting snapped, but still. 

3 hours ago, gwhh said:

I don't get the Casper thing?  It was funny. But I did not get it at all. 

Ray mentioned that he always wonders if Casper and Spooky were kidnapped and raped/murder by Stevie. It's just basically the usual dark humor found on Archer. Yeah, the series had better jokes but this was the one that stood out to me, only because I also wonder how Casper died. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

I like when they're actually good at their jobs. The only thing I didn't like about the drug season was that they weren't gigantic kingpins, and I think they really should have been. But they kept screwing up. And Pam did all the coke.  

Archer needs to clue Lana that he is "Pinky Brewster" because he's not going to be able to take everyone out on his own. Of course I expect them to totally wreck the place. 

I want them to get the win here. They were set up at the beginning of the season. I don't like them being stooges. 

4 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Ray mentioned that he always wonders if Casper and Spooky were kidnapped and raped/murder by Stevie. It's just basically the usual dark humor found on Archer. Yeah, the series had better jokes but this was the one that stood out to me, only because I also wonder how Casper died. 

I'm going by Matt Groening's longstanding theory that Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich (he took his own life after realizing the futility of a life of wealth).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I'm going by Matt Groening's longstanding theory that Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich (he took his own life after realizing the futility of a life of wealth).

Damn, I forgot about Matt Groening's theory and they do look alike!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 29/04/2016 at 11:55 PM, bmoore4026 said:

I felt that this episode was a little flat.

One reason is that most of the core characters (except for Archer and Cheryl) are just there and don't contribute much, though Lana did bring back her shrewishness again (something no one asked for).

Another is that the plot was flat and didn't seem major enough to warrant a two parter.  Two parters are usually reserved for season finales and the stakes didn't seem high enough I didn't feel the suspense two part episodes are supposed to invoke.

So, yeah.  I didn't much care for this episode.  Maybe part two will be better.

Yea it was good but not as funny for me as the last two. Not sure why it was a two parter either. The only non finale to be continued ones i can think of were Heart of Archness, and the cancer episodes (which were amazing)

Also the credits were playing on a tiny corner of my screen, but was there a note at the end with information about the actual tinnitus foundation?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 1

Cracked up over the callback to when Cyril and Cheryl had sex on the blimp.  Talk about bringing up the past!

A lot of good lines in this one and it was decently amusing seeing Archer and Lana easily get jealous at the other one for flirting with someone else, but once the clown bandits showed up, it just got hilariously awesome.  Totally didn't predict that was going to happen.

Of course, Cheryl would end up finding the entire thing hot.  That is so what she is into.  Judy Greer continues to be one of my favorites on this show.

Looking forward to the second part, with Archer now in the pink clown costume!

• Love 1