Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Till Death Do Us Part

Another thing: no liberty report this week. i'm an unrepentant traditional liberal, still believing in freedom, equal rights and all that other pinko stuff, but if that show were real, i'd watch it all the time. Give us more of that and less rowaning!

• Love 1

Just had the chance to watch this and wish I hadn't. On the who cares but it's fun to criticize front: there were only about 150-200 (not 600) at the church; maybe the rest of the celebrity guests had to watch via closed circuit in an anteroom???

• Love 2

Oh, my God, why do I watch this shitty, shitty show? I know the way Papa Pope lingered over his descriptions of incestuous child rape was supposed to seem obscene, showing us that there are no depths too low for him, but watching it, I felt implicated, as if I were every bit as low as he is for being entertained by it.

...If "entertained" is indeed the word.

I know it's not exactly new for Scandal to ask viewers to take vicarious part in some pretty awful things. If I am a camel, this is my straw. I am fucking out.

Edited by little black cloud
Let me see if I understand this: Rowan wants to control the President

Which show was I watching when Cyrus told us (and maybe Fitz) that Rowan was outside the chain of command and could do any fucking thing he wanted. So why the need to control the President? (I'm only asking this question of Shonda, who apparently doesn't 1) watch her show for continuity or 2) care about continuity on her show. At. All.)

Also, bullshit, Liv. You had Jake (in the sun and all over your apartment) and you threw him away (not that he went away, mind you). So this sudden I Love Jake!? Not buying it. Meh.

• Love 2

Shonda's love of Scott Foley and her desire to be Jennifer Garner.

She doesn't want to be Jennifer Garner. If anything, Kerry Washington. Not a white woman, Kerry Washington. Also just as an aside, no one wants to be Jennifer Garner, especially now and honestly if Julie Plec can be Candice King on TVD then fuck it, Shonda Rhimes can be Kerry Washington.  

Jake Stan, unapologetic, watched this as someone who has been around abuse as well and I got it at least from Jake's POV anyway.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Can someone explain to me why, if Shonda Rhimes wanted to write Alias so bad, she didn't just create a spy show? She makes zillions of dollars for ABC. They give her at least one new show a year. A new one just started, about sexy private investigators or something. So with all her new shows, why not just rewrite Alias, move Scott Foley over there, and let Scandal be Scandal? Problem solved.

• Love 2
...and eventually replaced your lovely cream couch with a more practical dark grey.

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I had to stifle a laugh during that scene in which Olivia's PTSD is building up to the chair, and one of her needle-sharp moments is of spilling the wine on the couch.  Granted, it was during the kidnapping, but still.  The horror, the horror.

• Love 2

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I had to stifle a laugh during that scene in which Olivia's PTSD is building up to the chair, and one of her needle-sharp moments is of spilling the wine on the couch.  Granted, it was during the kidnapping, but still.  The horror, the horror.

And the way they left the one wine-stained cushion area covered in a horse blanket like they were sitting a super low-rent shiva for it. It was so weird. Between Olivia becoming the most annoying character ever and the word salad scripts over at Grey's, I do not understand what goes on in Shonda's head. If she indeed has as much power as we've all been led to believe. I'm not saying her job (not that I have much understanding of it) is easy, but she doesn't write most of or direct any of the shows. Maybe there's too many cooks and that's why we're served this messiness every week?

Also, Olivia wearing primary color prints this season is almost as annoying as her getting away with murder.

• Love 1

I'm new to Scott Foley but him in Navy whites - Yum! Like Richard Geer in An Officer and a Gentleman.

Agreed. Except for the bangs. stupid haircut.

why is Cyrus on this season to such a less frequency?

Maybe he's getting a divorce or cheating on his mate. Shonda seems to do that. Speaking of which, now that Patrick Dempsey's getting back together with his wife, maybe she'll resurrect him - no problem for a God complex I would think.

On 4/22/2016 at 0:32 PM, Tetraneutron said:

On paper, Jake already is a better candidate than any of them are except Vargas.

I would argue that Edison is probably as qualified as Vargas.