Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Kasual With A K

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

While responding to a call of shots fired, Voight, Antonio, Halstead and the team come across a secret battered woman's shelter and discover the owner has been wounded and a resident of the shelter has been kidnapped. Burgess and Roman go undercover to track down a man robbing people by catfishing them on a dating app. Lindsay opens up to Halstead about her past.

My favorite part was Voight having a little chat with that douchenozzle bar owner. That guy knew Voight wasn't kidding about taking him for a "drive" if he didn't leave Chicago. Dude looked as if he had wet his paints!

• Love 2

Another rather dark episode - and the Burgess/Roman sideshow wasn't bringing the laughter just lots of 'No, show - don't do it!'

I did not get how evil henchman got the shelter's address but I loved the actor playing the club owner - he was terrific bringing the sleazy charm required for the part. I would like to see more of him though I guess the character was written as having enough brains to heed Voight's warning.

Another rather dark episode - and the Burgess/Roman sideshow wasn't bringing the laughter just lots of 'No, show - don't do it!'

I did not get how evil henchman got the shelter's address but I loved the actor playing the club owner - he was terrific bringing the sleazy charm required for the part. I would like to see more of him though I guess the character was written as having enough brains to heed Voight's warning.

I kept waiting for that to pan out - when Val said "he didn't know how to find Reid, but he knew how to find me...." I found that ominous and was sure it was going to result in a secret plot or something. but nope. I was also <so sure> that we would learn she hammered the ex and shot the other guy as she fled the scene and it was going to be a DV self-defense situation. 

The blonde DV survivor broke my heart in the 60 seconds she was on screen.  

They never found the other two that ran away?

Burgess + Roman? NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Again I had trouble with the mumbling and had to rewind several times. 

I was glad to see Jay having a drink with hot Dr. Connor instead of his douchebag brother.

• Love 1

WHAT THE HELL?  Like, first I HAVE NO CLUE what reason Burgess dumped Ruzek.  Justify it all you want but nothing made any sense.

AND NOW THIS? Really?  Roman?

*face palm*

This and the romance between Lindsay and Jay which I called from the beginning is just a little SOAPY!  Can this unit just NOT be about 'I like you' 'Can we be together?'

Blech

• Love 2

Yeah, well - romance is always part of the game. Jay and Erin are at least so low-key that you can ignore them. Part of me still hopes Roman/Burgess are just the writers messing with us. If they really go there and then break them up I'd say Burgess is done in that precinct and Erin's warning was quite prophetic. I'm not a fan of this arc - its only saving grace is that it has sidelined Olinsky's illegitimate teenager daughter drama for a couple of episodes.

• Love 3

I just think it's ridiculous that there would even be a romantic interest in a unit.  From the start I wished that the blonde who was  the first to die from the unit lived and Lindsay didn't exist.  I really really don't buy her as a cop.  Ever.

It's kind of pathetic.  Low key or not, It makes me skip those scenes.

As for Burgess, I hope so.  I didn't think I'd like her and she grew on me.  Even after chasing after a taken man.  Yes, obviously he had some play in it but she didn't have to be this wide-eyed pathetic girl about it.

Bleh.  Makes every girl believe or think they have to fall for that crap.

I just wish this was just a crime driven drama instead of relationship.

I don't know what show you're watching, but there's practically zero soap between Lindsay and Jay.  Hell most episodes you can't even tell that they're dating.

I do wish that they'd kept  the blonde detective, though, but that's because I really fucking hate Ruzek and wish he never was on this show.

• Love 3

I agree with others who have said you cannot tell that Lindsay and Jay are dating. They are very professional in the work place. Which is why I would love to see some scenes of them at home or in private. I was looking forward to that episode of just the two of them driving in a car. I wanted to learn more about them, both individually and as a couple. Oh well.

Then again, I feel the same about all of this gang. I feel it's quite heavy on the plot but not much happens characterization-wise. That's what I liked about "Third Watch." We got to also learn about the characters away from the job as well. Faith as a wife and mother. Bosco and his issues with his brother, mother and father... It made for a more rounded show. I wish the same would be applied to these characters. We've learned a bit about Lindsay and her past but not much else about any of the other characters.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Whereas I really appreciate the professional attitude, and that while they're at work, they are working.  Reminds me of Original Recipe Law and Order, though this show gets a lot more personal that L&O did.  I still like and watch Chicago Fire, but the fact that everyone is spending their work time dealing with personal issues gets to me.  I know at my job they expect us to work, not do all our personal errands and drama.

From the start I wished that the blonde who was  the first to die from the unit lived and Lindsay didn't exist.  I really really don't buy her as a cop.  Ever.

Interesting point, because I think it works storywise...as in, just how much of Lindsay's career is her own abilities as a police officer and how much is having Voight behind her? In any case I'd imagine there would be quite a bit of talk within the district.